Where does this rank in terms of Pixar ?

Where does this rank in terms of Pixar ?

good

Pretty shit but at least it's not Frozen.

That was a pixar film?

Not elite Pixar but just about in the very good tier.

The first act was boring though and the third act was full of contrivances / too many twists.

what I want to know is why was he cursed by his family for taking his great grandfather's guitar from someone someone else's tomb?
wouldn't it be reclaiming his family's property?

Plothole.

There were a lot in the film.

he was cursed for stealing from the dead on day of the dead

It's not a family curse.
It's a curse from stealing from the dead.
It's the family thing to make him come back alive.

this, he was supposed to give to the dead not take

according to the ghostly bureaucrat, he had to seek forgiveness from those he stole from, his family.

south of the kino border

>the lovable good guy is actually the bad guy

i wish they stopped doing this, its becoming really obvious

but he didn't do anything that made him lovable. he was an idol.

>There's no güero of the town
Immersion: 0

Is Pixar still as popular as it used to be? It feels that way sometimes since I never hear about these movies anymore, but that could just be because of age.

machinima movies/shows are nothing special anymore

>Monsters Inc
>Up
>Toy Story 2 and 3
I'm sure there's some other one(s) I'm missing.

Pixar did groundbreaking work but they have since been superseded by other studios. The thing about pixar is that they have always wanted to tell heart warming stories and while a lot of people like that, at the end of the day shit like Minions is simply more popular. Children don't want to see movies about family they want to see cute characters do funny things.

He's a retard who can't do his job right.
Maybe he should have looked up Miguel's heritage and found out that De La Cruz wasn't even related to him.

the 'crat didn't tell him to seek de la cruz's forgiveness. it was the kid's idea and when the kid tried to get it near later in the movie the flower didn't illuminate (so it wasn't working).

Frozen

Not Pixar.

The original post didn't say only Pixar films though.