Ghosts in Harry Potter

Why didn’t everyone who died in the Harry Potter series become a ghost like Nearly-Headless Nick, the Bloody Baron and Peeves etc.?

IIRC the actual explanation was that ghosts were just psychic after images left when a wizard died traumatically in a highly magical location such as hogwarts, they are just talking versions of the silhouettes that were left at Hiroshima.
So I guess other dead characters either didn't meet the necessary conditions, or they did and we simply didn't get a chance to see their ghosts.

Ghosts are those Wizards who were to cowardly to pass on, as they weren't sure if there was an afterlife.

Nearly headless Nick explains it in the last book. Only those who cling to life and are afraid of what lies beyond death become ghosts

So, why didn’t Tom Riddle/Voldemort become a ghost?

What you don't realize is that they aren't ghosts at all - they're souls trapped in hell, otherwise known as the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody - just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

How do you know he didnt

Better yet, why doesn't everyone leave behind a magical painting of themselves? It's made clear that paintings retain all of the knowledge and memories of the person in life since Harry discusses the deathly hallows with Dumbledore's painting at the end of book 7.

He suicided himself by attacking Harry with his own wand. He didn't fear death, he didn't believe Harry was the true master of the Elder wand.

Based

Reminder that Rik Mayall filmed scenes as Peeves for Sorcerer's Stone, but it was left on the cutting room floor.

I think they said he didn't have enough of a soul left in him to become a ghost.

Post Moaning Myrtle

Only reason I come to Harry Potter threads desu, doing God's work user

Voldemort split his soul up so much with Horcruxes he doesn't have a significant presence after he died, in other words he had no soul left to become a ghost.

A lot of people do, but only certain people are required to. Paintings aren't alive though, they are just clones; crude facsimiles of life that wizards use to pass on their knowledge. They are autobiographical paintings.

Nice headcanon, faggot.

Most of them died to the soul stealing curse, you dimwit.

Same reason not everyone leaves behind Biographies, it's a lot of work.

Is that not correct?
I havn't read the books in over a decade.

this was the most illogical thing why he is not just going to Dumbledore's room at the first place and talk with his portrait to know more about the Horcruxes.

What the fuck is a “soul stealing curse”?

why are your threads so fucking garbage, iphone cancer?

>Stop liking what I don't like

He had like 1/15 of his soul left after making all the horcrux through the series

Avada Kevadra, obviously. The souls go to the wand, so they can't become ghosts.

Only cowards stay as ghosts, everyone else "goes on". Nearly headless Nick explained it as such.

The reasons why most people don't wish to be ghosts was also stated by Nick and Mertyl. Not being able to eat food for instance is something most ghosts speak about missing. Most wizards wouldn't want to go without feeling anything

its his own headcannon, cringe

>anything on that list lower than kanye west book
not sure if shitpost or just hidden shilling with pasta

I remember the explanation being that you can choose whether to become a ghost or whether to pass on, and that cowards chose to become ghosts because they were afraid of death.

I can afford an iPhone, basement dwelling NEET

He would've been great, I love reading that interview with him about it. Apparently he kept making the child actors laugh which put them off their scenes.

What is Peeves anyway, is a poltergeist the same as a ghost? Just a name for ghosts who do nothing but mischief?

>calls someone cancer
>doesn’t realize he himself is the cancer of society

>the last harry potter movie leaves theaters
>think to myself thank god, it's finally over, and soon everyone will have forgotten this trash