Honestly is there any hope left for this franchise?

Honestly is there any hope left for this franchise?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qda_2HMWt5c
youtube.com/watch?v=w5BwXaVpTYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7iQDsZBTkfc
youtu.be/5rcMAo1vplw?t=47s
youtube.com/watch?v=GSZPxHppXBE
youtu.be/mkeQkOnJz2g?t=139s
youtube.com/watch?v=IbsMebWrhDI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also plenty of these posters were complete utter nonsense

Guess everybody pretends this movie doesn't exist.

Shits been dead since Alien 3

pic related was great tho

take away 90% of ridley scotts budget

A fucking video game managed to produce the best entry to the series since Aliens. I mean hell even that AvP Arcade game in during the 90s shits all over the AvP movie franchise

>pleb status: filtered

>Tfw this will never ever get a film adaptation
This game is the real fuckin deal.
Do you ever get a break from the Xenomorph?
Fuck you it's with you the entire game.
Can you kill it?
Go fuck yourself pal this isn't Colonial Marines
Does a flamethrower work?
Only the first couple of times pussy
Is this save station safe?
Shove a cactus up your ass pal.
The Working Joes were honestly the scariest part of this game

wheat-posting was fucking terrible

youtu.be/qda_2HMWt5c

I like how they went so far as to replicate the technology aesthetic of Alien, love that late 70s early 80s computer look

will we ever see colonial marines in the ridley-verse?
there was 0 tension in covenant so I don't see what's the point in pretending they are still horror movies

Don't worry, Disney will save it just like they saved Star Wars

Even the byond aliens game is shit.

>byond
Jesus Christ

>Is the save station safe?

This but with the stores in the first Dead Space. I didn't realize it was in real time when your browsing the menus untill a necro snuck up and started nawing my face.

Creative Assembly fucking knocked it out of the park both graphics wise and gameplay wise
It still amazes me that the game is fucking 4 years old

I’d be completely fine with it if Ridley didn’t try to rewrite the mythology by having an android create the alien. It makes sense symbolically with engineers—->humans—->androids—->perfected xebomorph, but it retcons the first movie’s findings in the derelict.

I also hate that David was able to wipe out the Engineer homeworld like the pussies they are. They were big and fucking strong and so advanced in Prometheus. I was hoping it was just a colony or some of their creations getting wiped out in Covenant but everything else has pointed against my theory. I guess we can explain the difference in the Engineers between movies as them having a caste system. Soldiers, priests, etc who are bio-altered physically.

I still play autistic roleplay games but the Colonial Marines SS13 server is shit as everyone runs around and there is not any atmosphere like there used to be a few years ago.

>its been 4 years since we received Alien Isolation
What the flying fuck where does time go by

Are those Dragon Ball Z games still up?

Honestly the thing that upset me most about Alien Covenant is that you could cut out Prometheus completely and put a 5 minute intro scene of Shaw's final transmission or whatever

No, there are some new ones but those died out. Didn't play them myself but a cousin told me about them once. The best byond game right now is without any contestant Lifeweb. It's like SS13, roleplay enforced with an atmospheric medieval post apocalyptic sci fi theme.

but then we wouldn't get delicious Noomi tummy

It makes so much more sense

Scott really reaaallllyyy wants to make these films about the master/creation dynamic, specifically about humans and androids rather than the aliens, and it shows. Unfortunately so many of the 'fans' screech when they get anything other than another been-there-done-that BENOMORFFF slasher flick that he's probably contractually obliged to shove them into his movies for the rest of time.

No.

Ridley Scott is a senile ol git. He will never make a good movie again.

Gave a good laugh, upvoted

No wonder Seegson is losing the Tech Race

It should have been Prometheus 2 instead of this dumb ass mishmash

The aliens looked so laughably bad.
I can't believe a movie 40 years ago had better special effects than all the code monkeys and vfx pajeets a couple million can buy.

Now that Disney has the rights and will most likely not allow Scott to direct any more films, certainly. Covenant however was excellent and easily better than the non-Scott directed sequels to Alien.

The CG in the context of the budget was absolute awful seriously B movie level.

Ridley deluded himself that he was behind every single damn thing which made Alien good, basically he erased Bannon,Giger etc from his memory.

What do people even refer to when they talk about the CGI being shit? The old style alien at the end of the movie?

>Disney own the rights
>there is hope for the franchise

pick one buddy

For me it was the young neomorph which looked very bad

Are you fucking serious dude look at this shit:
youtube.com/watch?v=w5BwXaVpTYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7iQDsZBTkfc
youtu.be/5rcMAo1vplw?t=47s

Ridley is a washed up hack. All his recent movies have sucked ass. Covenant was truly awful

the poster was the best thing about this garbo flick

youtube.com/watch?v=GSZPxHppXBE

The Martian was a great movie, Sup Forums just have to accept it

I liked Prometheus and thought it could be a good way to continue it.

Then they raped both Prometheus and Alien with this shit. David is just a metaphor for Scott/Fox at this point.

That doesn't mean Disney cares. They could just let the company do whatever like TWC.

>youtube.com/watch?v=w5BwXaVpTYQ
That was a puppet you fucking dunce.

Outside of the mind boggling idiotic actions of the cast in Prometheus. I thought Prometheus was alright there was a lot to be discussed in that movie, meanwhile in Covenant the cast somehow tops the idiocy of the Prometheus crew they don't even mention that there is this huge ass abandoned city in the background. Nah fuck that il go take a shower

It was pretty clearly covered in cgi and looked like total ass regardless: youtu.be/mkeQkOnJz2g?t=139s

>sequel never ever
why is SEGA such fucking shit

The stupidity in Prometheus is exaggerated. The only outright dumb shit is the two dudes that get rekt playing with the alien centipede or whatever.

Covenant on the other hand is wall-to-wall dumb.

The story is perfectly wrapped up why would you need a sequel?

this. if it wasn't for fassbenders performance i wouldn't even bothered to finish it.

You've done a good job forgetting poor Ronald Shusett.

cute cute CUTE!

Disney cancelled it anyway

How about the entire ship being in a state of total emergency trying to hunt Shaw down for being impregnated. She gets away aborts that abomination out of her system and then just returns to the locker room and everyone goes oh hey we are going to wake up that engineer dude wanna tag along?

That poster is dope af.

Actually yeah, you're right.
i just wanted more cassette futurism games though

You should play Observer(?)
Rutger Hauer is the MC and it's like polish blade runner meets Soma

Thats because videogames are the true art form of the 21 century

>I liked Prometheus and thought it could be a good way to continue it.
>
>Then they raped both Prometheus and Alien with this shit. David is just a metaphor for Scott/Fox at this point.
this. prometheus gave it the potential to tell a wider story, but covenant butched it beyond redemption.

I wonder if people have a problem with Covenant specifically because it's so bleak and mean. The protagonists aren't clever or invincible, they all die horribly because the universe is indifferent to their suffering.

>Prometheus and Covenant are supposed to have "2smart4u" plots
>The plot in both movies only happens because the characters are dumb as fuck

Any true patricians ITT that love both Covenant and Alien Isolation?

We just saw what disney did to star wars, what do you think?

It will be all about how women and black people beat the aliens, that are now white males.

>an alien movie with a female protagonist
oh god what the fuck no way they'd do something this awful

>Lets send the majority of our active crew on this scouting operation on that unknown planet

Truth to be told, there is no story to tell in alien. In prometheus and covenant they could have used drones to scan/explore/map whatever the territory, a single jet can wipe out all aliens from anywhere. It was good while it last, but simply put you cant make a alien a reasonable threat to all humanity because well humanity is too good for it, so you have to make the characters act dumb and it turns your movie dumb. Let it go.

All the white men died first in Alien and the last one turned out to be a traitor.

Parker honestly did nothing wrong

Ash wasn't even human you dingus

How the fuck did the Total War developers make the best Alien game ever? It would be equivalent to the Call of Duty devs making the best City Management simulator.

If they stuck to what we saw of the tech in Alien and then made the Prometheus,Covenant tech even more primitive that wouldnt be a problem.
If a movies narrative goes down the toilet due to the existence of widespread usage of cellphones for example then set the darn movie in the 70-90s or whatever

The alien wasn't the real threat in Alien. The company was. It was willing to let the crew die in exchange for obtaining something potentially profitable.

To be fair, comparing Nostromo to Prometheus and Covenant is like comparing a tugboat to a cruise ship or a nuclear powered tanker.

>boss invites me over to check out occulus rift
>uses this game to demo it
>holy fuck this is immersive
>sense of dread that the alien is going to show up
NOPE NOOOO NOPE NOPENOPE NOPE

Not unless we forget Prometheus and Covenant, at the least. Making the space jockey a member of a humanoid race that created humanity made the whole Alien universe seem much smaller and less full of cosmic dread. The real scary thing about the franchise wasn't the xenos - they were just creatures, after all. The crew of the Nostromo could probably have killed the xeno without too much trouble had they been better armed and trained. All along, the space jockey - and what it implied about humanity's place in the universe - was the more truly effective bit of horror and mystery. The new movies erase that and give us a smaller and less interesting universe.

genuine love and passion for the property from everyone involved.
That looks real neat will definitely check out

True but yet at the same time even the androids are at a rather over advanced stage, in comparison to Walter both Ash and Bishop seem like complete ancient junk

Yeah but even today a tugboat has better electronics than some state of art pride of the fleet warship launched in the 1960s

I still can't get over how bad prometheus and covenant are. James rolfe could have done better.

But bishop is still the best of the lot. The only android who didn't fuck everything up.

Ash was sophisticated enough to pass as a human.

God Tier Alien
>Alien
>Alien 3 director's cut
>Alien Isolation
Ok Tier Alien
>Aliens
>Prometheus
Cat Abortion Tier
>Alien Covenant
>Alien Resurrection
>Any AvP movie

>there is no story to tell in alien
>we still don't know shit about engineers

Directors cut wasn't really any better than the shit cut. If you think so, explain how.

Any of the AvP games shit on the movies, even the Starcraft clone was more enjoyable.

Me, I felt Covenant was by far the best since 2. Although that's not really saying much.

maybe the best sequel the first alien movie could have gotten?

youtube.com/watch?v=IbsMebWrhDI

We're judging Nostromo based on its graphics interface, but functionally it's not different from the Covenant. It has scanners, an onboard AI, is capable of long distance space travel, has a lander etc. And it does have more advanced sleeping pods than the Covenant.

prometheus fucking butchered alien lore, the onlt thing that's impressive is that somehow covenant is a worse movie

Why? covenant was directionless rambling garbage with the most retarded "surprise" twist ending ever.

I think the mood and tone are much more well developed and established in the special edition.

>when Billy Cudrop followed David after finding him out

Seriously Best of the Worst tier

Was this character Ridley shitposting about religious people or something?

So instead of being 80% depressing and disappointing it's 100% depressing and disappointing? I didn't notice that you rated 3:dc above aliens when I first replied you clearly have problems.

3 assembly cut is far above prometheus and covenant

No, since he gets reborn in superior form.

I have a brother who can usually accurately see any plot twist in a movie coming from an hour away. What shocked me is he did not see the covenant twist coming aka:the most obvious twist in movie history.

Was he just too drunk or is the twist not as braindead obvious as I thought.

>Implying Aliens didn't ruin the franchise by turning the rape analogy monster into little more than a man sized ant with acid blood

The twist was too obvious so he refused to believe they would go down that path.

He probably thought it was so dumb and obvious there was no way they'd actually do it.

>the movie actually credits James Franco
LMAOO

Checked

Also Covenant was garbage and should be stricken from canon / my memory.