Jumanji

Jumanji

Sup Forums is filled with threads about Jumanji beating The last jedi in bost office, yet no thread about itself.
How?

Just watched it. If this is considered a success, i dont dare imagine how shit TLJ might be.

Jumanji (2018) is nowhere as groundbreaking as the first Jumanji was, it's simply just a decent The Rock movie. Good thing it doesnt want to shit on the predecessor, just shows a technologically evolved version of the game, and even making a homage to the original's Robin Williams' character.

easyly 6/10

>Jumanji (2018) is nowhere as groundbreaking as the first Jumanji was, it's simply just a decent The Rock movie.

I'd say it's far better than the original. I rewatched it recently, and the threat is so ill-conceived. Like ... the jungle animals escape? So they have to stop them. But also the plants. So the ... house? Whole town? Whole world(?) will become Jumanji?

As opposed to the new film, which has a very clearly defined objective for the heroes (beat the game and get out), and lots more laughs.

>6/10
critics just don't get it

>movie literally has reditt spacing scene

Yeah, the new Jumanji is pretty mediocre to bad.

Yeah, it's still leagues better than The Last Jedi.

LITTY/10

forgot pic

memes have rotted your brain man

If your options are to take your kids to see Jumanji or to watch feminists murder Luke Skywalker...

What is it with the nostalgia people have towards Jumanji? It's Robin Williams right? What about the awful CG, the annoying child actors?

Joe Johnston is a fantastic director but that movie hasn't exactly aged gracefully.

much bait

It's been out for a month already and people contrast it to TLJ in SW threads all the time.

I would give it a 7/10, not a masterpiece, but still a very good movie with a good script and charismatic actors. I would have gave it a 8/10 if the rhino stampede scene included a little old rhino panting along behind, a nod to the same scene in the first film. A missed opportunity there I think.

can that happen

It was consistently funny, well paced, with solid performances all round.

It was exactly what it needed to be. It wasn't amazing, but it was a fun cheap throwaway family film.

>t. never used a word processor in his life

just watched that too, it was aired on tv. The thing that the tablegame becomes alive, and brings the jungle to the real world was more grandiose plot, than just the players go inside the game.
Jumanji 2 was pretty amusing alright, but not that original, imho.

Fuck off. I have gone to the movies almost every week for the last several years, and I haven't come across a film in recent theater memory that was this consistently fun, harmless, and unpolitical. And a decent message by the end for kids and adults alike. When's the last time a movie had a positive message?

>When's the last time a movie had a positive message?
Coco. I'm not joking.
In the end it's about family and how you need to respect them because they'll do everything for you in life and even in the afterlife.
It's funny because the other Disney movie (The Last Jedi) is about shitting on old people and destroying the past while Coco is about respecting the elders and keeping the memories.

>decent
>6/10

So it's unironically a lol better than The Last Jedi.

I honestly don't know how people still get confused by what reddit spacing is.

>How?

No one cares about pleb trash, unless its raping the ever loving shit out of kike trash.

I unironically enjoyed myself more watching jumanji than TLJ and I didn't want to watch jumanji.

Jumanji worked because it knew what it was. It kept its tone consistent and light unlike TLJ which had serious moments and then broke them instantly with quips.

you're kidding right?