Where we supposed to root for this guy?

Where we supposed to root for this guy?

He's just a dumb, brash, American knuckle dragger who fucks people over for no reason

sounds based desu

this but unironically

At least he's not a nazi

OP is a brainlet who missed the whole point of the movie

No. That was rather the point. Tarantino goes to great lengths to humanise virtually every nazi in the movie but we learn almost nothing about the basterds. They're thinly written and violent. It's a movie about propaganda - not that QT is a nazi or nazi sympathiser, he's just showcasing its power.

>Jewish revenge movie
>less ideal than what actually happened
What did he mean by this

You sound edgy.

That's the point. The audience cheering for the death and suffering of "faceless nazis" is meant to be reflected in Hitler's hysterical laughter at the slaughter of American soldiers in the movie he's watching. Pretty kino desu senpai.

knuckle dragger detected, a lot of the germans he killed weren't nazis either

it's a black male thing

God I fucking hate Tarantino. Ever since I finally caved and subjected myself to the utter shite that is Pulp Fiction, he has constantly reinforced dislike of his work with each subsequent shit he took all over popular media

Really the most depressing thing about WWII is that we sacrificed millions of people so that international banking cartels could crush the last holdout country that could resist their domination.

Feelsbadman.

Be fair to the cartels they played the game really, really well.

There`s nothing wrong with being a nazi.

WHOLESOME HOLY TRIPS, BATMAN

Hans Landa gets everything he wants in the end except a scar.

(((op))) btfo

Nazis aren't people.

>It's a movie about propaganda
>The audience cheering for the death and suffering of "faceless nazis" is meant to be reflected in Hitler's hysterical laughter at the slaughter of American soldiers in the movie he's watching.

Knowing what I know now, this movie is almost painful to re-watch.
Is Tarantino trying to redpill people or is he just cackling with glee how well (((the propaganda))) worked?

>Tarantino
>writing actual good characters
Choose

(((Americans))) much less so.

This. It's a standard Tarantino revenge film. All of the Nazis in the movie deserved their fates and far, far worse. The Basterds are ruthless, violent and hateful because it's a revenge movie, not because they're meant to be villains. Just in case you're too stupid to grasp that, the movie opens with a scene showing what the Nazis went around doing at the start of WW2.

Aldo Raine wasn't Italian

Pulp Fiction is kino, kill yourself

>Is Tarantino trying to redpill people or is he just cackling with glee how well (((the propaganda))) worked?
Yes

This isn't about who also are not people. The Nazis were a horrible group and were not people. They forfeited that when they started massacring the Jews. The only people that like Nazis are retards on the Internet who think they did the right thing.

Bomber Harris should have personally nuked Germany from the face of the earth or the soviets should have raped them all to death.

It was not uncommon at the time to execute extreme criminals in almost every western country. Hanging and firing squad were common methods.

This but unironically

It's almost like that's the entire point of the movie you mongoloid.

>Is Tarantino trying to redpill people
Retards will take the message to mean "nazis dindu nuffin," while anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together will understand it's a broad message.

>be american
>swallow everything you're taught in school about ww2
>fail to understand why Germany was pushed to the point of wanting every single jew dead, after a year long attempt to deport them (which an endless list of other countries have done throughout history)
>believe that YEAAAH WE'RE THE GOOD GUYS, BRO! WE TOTALLY SAVED THE DAY BRO!

>fast forward a few decades
>arm every obscure militant group in the entire middle east so they can murder each other and destabilize all countries surrounding Israel
>bomb serbians trying to defend their country from invading albanians
>bomb Assad based on (((intelligence))) claiming he's bombing the people he peacefully governed before the americans came and fucked everything up, with weapons it's been confirmed he doesn't have - but the groups armed by americans that he's fighting against do have
>sweep across a fifth of the globe with your policy to first arm questionable rebels and then afterwards bomb the country to shit and destroy any semblance of stability (Assad, Gaddafi etc etc)
>never question the american support for Israel, much less the fact that the entire elite running USA is jewish or heavily influenced by them
>MUH FREEDUMBS!!!

>everyone who doesn't agree with me is American

They really had a good reason for wanting the Jews gone haha! Better ruin my country even more haha! We're the best in the world haha! Jaja, Fritz sympathiser, we've heard it all before. Take after your friendly neighbourhood fuhrer and kill yourself.

>for no reason

>criminals

what the fuck are you talking about? the nazis were executing everyone, not "criminals."

>i've never heard of the Danzig massacre
>the soviets also totally didn't invade Poland and that's why the brits, french and americans allied with them and declared war on Germany
>uncle Joe Stalin totally wouldn't have invaded Europe despite him mobilising his military and having already invaded Finland and Poland, he was our greatest ally!
>completely fail to respond to the point made by the previous post
Hitler was a retard and I have no support for german nationalism. But you have to be a retard to believe that the global impact made by USA since the war isn't a lot worse. The germans at least had the decency to admit they were wrong after they had lost. Americans will keep fucking everything up until there is nothing left.

The movie is an exploration of the power of propaganda, more accurately the power of cinema, masquerading as a cathartic revenge movie. Most of the movie revolves around propaganda - of the Basterds, Zoller, Landa, Goebbels - with the entire third act based around the Zoller propaganda film, with Shosanna making her own movie at the same time. Tarantino even takes it to another level when he makes filmmaking physically powerful by having the cinema reels be the kindling that burns down the theatre.

>executing everyone

this is your brain on amerjew propaganda....

Tell that to the people of Oradour-sur-Glane faggot.

nazis is a pretty cool guy

No no no, he kills nazis, clearly he has his shit together

Death to all Nazis!

Intolerant bigot, nazis are people too.

Don't be so closed minded. Your prejudice has no place on this side of history.

True, they are soulless creatures incapable of love and without humanity. Best to kill them all

Fuck off nazi

Bawn Jornoe

Yahtzee

Nobody cheered at nazis getting killed in my cinema

that's because you watched a camrip in your mum's basement

Relax, faggot, you are embarrassing the rest of nazis