Which was the better Pennywise?

Which was the better Pennywise?

Which was the better movie?

Which had the better kids?

> cant really compare, Tim curry in todays standard props wouldve played that anorexic swede through the wall
> new one
> new one

you can't compare it cause the one curry stood in was a tv movie

The new guy was a tryhard and wasn't scary. Curry was just Tim Curry which means he was naturally scary even if he wasn't in a scary movie.
Curry
New movie
Tv mini series.

i like the one in the book.

to be honest I was never scared of any of them, it was the atmosphere that was scary

> Pennywise
This one is the hardest because the new Pennywise actually looks incredibly creepy, but his performance is really just him making weird movements and noises. Curry's version actually scared the shit out of me as a kid and he didn't rely on effects for that. I'll go with him.

> Kids
The new one. They're all actual friends and have a bond in real life and it really showed in the movie. I personally wish they'd just let them grow a little older and make them battle pennywise again while in high school or something.

> Better movie
the miniseries was held back by having to be fit for television. The new movie is just better quality all around.

My question has always been why the hell did a Lovecraftian cosmic monster even...make(?) a sinister clown...projection?

How would it even have known what a clown was? And why would the clown be intentionally scary? Scary things are not good bait.

He takes different forms for different situations. He started the clown thing back when traveling circuses were one of the most popular forms of entertainment. This was a time when the image of clowns were not at its core corrupted like it is now. A current version would have him as like Spiderman or a Telletubby.

I think it was going for the modern day "jester" to lure children

New IT had the best minions. Witch Minion and Zombie Minion are scary af.

>Which was the better Pennywise?
Curry
>Which was the better movie?
>Which had the better kids?
2017 by far

New one was creepier and more threatening, but Curry acted more like a proper clown than Skarsgaard. Both were great, but which one you'd prefer is based mostly on wether you wanted a scary, sadistic clown or a sardonic, actually clowny clown.
>Which was the better movie?
>Which had the better kids?
New one by a mile. The only good thing about old It was Tim. The new one was an actual good film, albeit with its flaws.

The clown was meant to intice at first. Pennywise wasn't supposed to look eeeeeevullll, just a normal clown.

Curry. But Skarsgard did decent with how the movie was done.
2017 was the better movie.
The kids are a mixed bag. I couldn't stand Richie in the new one. Mike was also just there for no reason and the new character arc they gave him made zero sense.

What about the werewolf minion and skeleton dad minion in the mini-series though? What actually happened to them anyway?

The new Pennywise feels like an autist who doesn't know how to talk people, Curry's Pennywise was more like a mean uncle who's tired of life and fucks with people because it's the only thing that he enjoys anymore.

Tim Curry was in a chair, nowadays. My vote goes to Bill Strasberg

I think Tim Curry's Pennywise was held back in the sense that he couldn't say or do anything that was too risque for tv.

The one thing I really liked about new Pennywise was the scene in the kitchen where he opens his mouth like he's going to bite the kid, then he stops and laughs, then he makes it look like he's going to bite him again, then he stops and laughs. It was kind of funny and frightening at the same time.

Why didnt they just bring back Tim Curry?

They're both good, but curry really made the role iconic. It's hard to compare the two, but id say curry.
New one
New one
I've rewatched it a couple times now and while it started as kind of scary or creepy, now it's just comfy to watch. The kids make the movie imo. Good chemistry and seeing all their fears come to life was cool. Really hope chapter 2 keeps up.

i'm so sorry user. time is///well he isn't doing that good.

I liked the TV adaptation enough but Curry carries the entire thing, the 2017 movie was fucking phenomenal, it will be the first DVD I actually bought a copy of in like 10 years

which part did you fapped to the most?

Currys pennywise will never be topped imo.

He just looks and acts too creepy, since he looks like a real clown.

Nu-pennywise is decent, but it doesnt have the spark currys pennywise had.

Aside from that, literally everything about the new movie is better.

Tim Curry's Pennywise seemed like one of those middle aged Clowns that was unhappy in life and just can't take it anymore. Skarsgard just acted like an autist trying to spooky

Tim Curry
New one
Curry one

Ew gtfo pedo. I'm especially glad they left the orgy out.

>I personally wish they'd just let them grow a little older and make them battle pennywise again while in high school or something.

You know there is gonna be a part 2 right?

That was one of my favorite scenes. Gave pennywise character and a personality instead of just seeming like some weird creature.

>some weird creature

That's kinda what it's supposed to be though, its an alien that feeds off fear, it's not going to be capable or willing to mimic human social skills any more than it needs to in order to provide itself with sustenance.

IT

It still comes off like that for the entirety of the movie, but in the scene it shows how much it really enjoys what it does. Its not some mindless fear eating monster

what orgy? asking for a friend.

Tim Curry was literally the only great thing about the 91 movie. But the kid actors did right and it really did conjure forth adventures kid's have at that age (I was about the age of the kids in the first one when it came out). It was good-ish but only because it was quasi-faithful to the excellent source.

So the new one has a weaker clown actor (but still spooky). Everything else about the recent movie was superb and better than the original except the clown isn't as great.

But really the weakest part of the book (and the 91 miniseries) is the adult's story. It just lacks the passion. In my opinion, it just should have been used to bookend the story. The adults coming back in the beginning, then slaying the demon for good in the end. I always winded up sort of speed-reading through the adult portions rather than dwelling on it and taking it in for pleasure.

The second movie is just gonna be a cut rate slasher. It won't have the charm or epic quality of the kid's story.

Why did Pennywise act friendly to Georgie?
Why didn't Pennywise conjure any scary illusions to make Georgie afraid?
Why did Pennywise lure Georgie closer when his arms can stretch across the entire street?
Why does Pennywise collect the bodies of his victims when he has no use for them?

steam pre teen orgy in the sewers in a dream sequence in the book.
Theres a reason why the book is called the epitome of "cocaine-king" .
He was at the height of his cocaine addiction when he wrote that and it really shows.
Mindless in the way that it cant help itself but still enjoys it. Its an interdimensional being/demon. its natural form, supposedly, is that of a giant spider btw it just enjoys the clown form the most.

He was the first person to be attacked in over two decades, maybe he was still weak from hibernating.
>Why does Pennywise collect the bodies of his victims when he has no use for them?
I don't actually know. He has the entire town brainwashed so it's not like he has to worry about the police looking for him.

Why didn't they just fly to mt. Doom on an eagle?

Idk that's a lot of cocaine, he should be dead. It only lasts for like ten minutes. I can understand if it were something else, like meth, that actually would last for days upon days and cause him to just write a bunch of shit without sleeping or eating.

He needed to lure Georgie in. He'd been hibernating for 27 years and was weak. He needed to entice him because he couldn't afford to play with his food before eating it this time.

You never took any cocaine for a while i take it?
You can abuse it for years on end with enough capital, plenty of gigantic cokeheads from the 80s and 90s are still alive.

You need to really fucking overdo it to kill yourself with it. A mate of mine got into the wrong circles in the netherlands when he was studying there and probably spend a good 4 years high on coke all the time. Just gotta be rich and get decently pure coke and youre good.
well not good but youll think it.

And btw. its a fact that king was addicted to coke for years and years. He doesnt try to hide it and is quite open about it.
He lost all his talent in these times tho.
So many of his books just have his name plastered on him and were written by ghostwriters.

>You never took any cocaine for a while i take it?
Who the fuck posting in Sup Forums has the money to do that?

I would if I still did hard drugs. stopped that a few years back and now i just occasionally indulge on powder or mdma when the time is right.
Recreational is only booze and weed for me now.

I'm trying, but I can't imagine a scenario where Georgie overpowers a space worm monster no matter how tired it is. Pennywise could've grabbed him at any time but kept talking. It makes no fucking sense, he never acts like that again in the movie.

Original was better actor but the new one had a lot of help from special effects. New movie was slightly better. Kids were better in the new version because they spent less time hanging out with the black.

>doesnt own the uncut special edition
Pleb

>Pennywise
Tim Curry: Quotable, an actual clown, didn´t base his moments with screamers
Newfag: Unquotable, cringe fest, not a sign of a clown whatsoever besides the shitty ancient costume; screamers everytime he tries to "scare"
>Better movie
1990: Slow, but telled a clear story, a story which actually ended, told the prespective from kids to adults, some cheesy moments, but was part of the personality of the miniseries; was closer to the book in story.
2017: Quick, but fails on telling a clear story, opens some subplots which probably won´t be developed in part 2 (black guy´s "dead" parents, which never happens in the book), altering the actual story, and it´s not like it´s a background story for Mike, since the movie doesn´t focus in his "issue"; the character development is rushed, it doesn´t have a clear personality, tries to be different things, and with that, it doesn´t give much of every aspect it tries to convey; is not really loyal to the book, I wouldn´t be bothered if the story was decent.
>Better kids
1990:
Ben: He discovers he´s good at building, he ends up being an architect, his father died in Korea, it´s not a forced subplot since the explanation is fair enough, he lives with her aunt and cousins, and he hates the house, justifying why he likes to go out instead of staying, loses weight, marries his childhood love
>Bill: Brother gets killed, they had a funeral, he tries to live with it, wrote stories and read them to his friends, years later, he becomes an author, saves her wife and destroys what killed his brother.
>Richie: Told jokes and did voice imitations, later he becomes a comedian, faces the monster and helps killing it.
Mike: Was interested in Derry´s history, carried his photo album, showed it to his friends, later, he becomes a librarian, he never left the town, hence, he never forgot the clown, he´s the character that reunited everyone
>2017
Richie: "muh dick!" Bill: "muh brother!" Ben: "muh kids on the block!" Mike: Empty

>Just gotta be rich and get decently pure coke and youre good.

What the fuck. Its like a $500/week habit, how rich are we talking? I'd absolutely kms within months with that money.

>worm
*spider

My bad.