The absolute state of damage control

cnet.com/news/hate-the-last-jedi-star-wars-expanded-universe-was-way-worse/

>When your defense of a movie is admitting it sucks but then claiming expanded universe material is worse which somehow makes your sucky film less sucky, when in actuality your sucky film still sucks and is still worse than even the worse stories in the expanded universe

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YV9m8frtGHg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Christ when are they going to give up?

>trashing Dark Empire

F A G G O T

>Literally hundreds of books written by dozens of authors over the span of decades are of varying quality and have lapses in continuity
>Comparing this to one studio managing to completely fuck up the main series in TWO FILMS

>g.gguys remember the prequels!?! what about the EU?
>STOP TALKING ABOUT TLJ PLLEEASEE!

>Speaking of the Death Star, did you know it was secretly a sentient bounty hunter droid?
They’re right, you know.

crab mentality

>Hate 'Last Jedi'? The Star Wars Expanded Universe is worse
This is 100% true, though.

>the EU is worse
They're not wrong.

That's nu-EU.

It was pretty bad all things considered
>emperor had clones
>Luke REALLY tempted by the dark side for real.....NOT! PSYCHE!
There’s lots of garbage in the EU, but there’s also some quality stuff. Even some of the trash is more fresh than anything Disney has shat out.

>Did you know someone grew a clone from Luke's severed hand?
How is this an argument that the extended universe is worse?
The arguments against TLJ are plotholes, bad writing in the sense of objective traits such as inconsistencies, and poor research of fields such as military culture being written into the book prior to being written.

Saying that an advanced civilization grew a clone out of a hand is a neutral statement where quality is not being evaluated by any objective tools but by opinions alone.
I could the same way say that Lord of the Rings was stupid because they used ghosts to wage war, and it would be equally invalid because it doesn't break any rule within the universe and is merely one stupid opinion.

>Speaking of the Death Star, did you know it was secretly a sentient bounty hunter droid?

Neat!

This is the only tactic they have.
Sad. They could just make good movies instead.

Kek, yes this is the last part of the propaganda attempt to make TLJ look like less of a disaster.

Then things will quiet down and when the next movie comes around, all the reviewers and journalists will say that 'yes, TLJ was absolute shit, but Disney have made big changes in how they view the Star Wars franchise and this new movie is a totally different being altogether, an absolute masterpiece!'

Rinse and repeat as long as there is a shred of profitability left in the franchise.

sure, but that means we are officially equating nuwars with shitty fanfiction

>They grew a clone from a severed hand
wtf I hate The 5th Element now.

Please, keep shitting on stuff your former fans loved.

Everyone knows that the EU is one step away from fan-fiction. The difference is that some stories, characters, and settings actually added to the mythos of Star Wars. It was clear that most of the authors were Star Wars fans who didn't want to destroy the canon of Star Wars.

youtu.be/YV9m8frtGHg

>The new Star Wars fans now are like a cult, cheering and drooling at the new films, when the films come out they are crap and will eventually admit to it, but as soon as the new trailer comes out they revert back to being drooling children

Man these guys really did summarize exactly how I felt about the whole situation

Forcing your political agenda comes first. You know it to be true.

>Star Wars was always shit, you know it to be true

Doing this is easier to make a decent movie. I mean, look at the ghostbusters marketing campaign.

TLJ SUCKS
>n-no it's russian hackers and trollfarms
>n-no you're all just sexist, racist pigs
>a-at least it's better than hundreds of books that aren't exactly canon

>Star Wars is bad because cloning exists in a sci-fi universe where some people are obsessed with researching immortality and i don't like cloning
Is the writer of this article a 5-year-old?
No wait, nevermind.

>see this turd? there's an even bigger turd the dog left in the back yard! guess this turd I left on your carpet's not so bad now, huh?

ITT: Pointing out ludicrous double standards is "propaganda" and "damage control"

Thank you Nu-Wars, more people will start appreciating the prequels now. Also check'd

It's called clickbait you retards
better post it here you retards

archive it, satan-faggot

>Significant overlap on the Venn Diagram between those who hate TLJ and adore the EU
>These same fans are the bread and butter of your franchise, have sustained your brand and allowed it to flourish to the point it is now where it’s a multi billion dollar franchise
>Proceed to shit on these fans and have some newcomers to the franchise and nerd culture as a whole write clickbait calling them every bad name they can while shitting on said franchises history
>be genuinely shocked when there is outrage

Goddamn the ST is more reflective of the current year than I originally thought

>objective
Is there any other word that gets misused as much as this one?

Star wars has always been camp, badly acted, childish story telling. I've not even watched any since the 3rd prequel when i was about 11.

I imagine the new films are just trying to emulate the old ones, with some sjw crap thrown in for modern audiences. Trying to copy an already shit formula is only going to give bad results.

>cloning is a double standard
You are going to have to elaborate on this, otherwise i'll have to label you as too underage to post on this site.
Also Luke didn't have a short fling with the Dark Side because he was "impressed by Emperor Palpatine's immortality".
He did it to research his enemy and also resolve personal philosophies and understandings regarding the Force. Anyone who actually read the books knows this, except illiterate article writers paid to make shoddy CNET articles.

Normies are waking up to mouseshills, they're going too far

>TLJ isn't as bad as fan fiction, and that's a good thing

>trashing Dark Empire

F A G G O T

Yes. However the definition of "inconsistency" and "contradiction" falls into proper uses since laws that govern a literary work's universe can be quantified and listed and therefore serve as one of the few objective tools to evaluate writing by comparison within it.

The act of cloning itself doesn't in any way or anywhere contradict the laws of the Star Wars universe.

Ok, all of this is starting to remind of the whole DmC shit.
>FUCK YOUUUUUUU

It must be really hard to accept you can't make anything good so you just try to drag everything else down to your shitty level. Great job feminists, do what you do best, lower the bar.

>TLJ was a bit shit
>the EU is a horrible mess and overall a bit shit

so they're both shit, why pick a side to defend?

I hadn't realized that having issues with the last jedi was the same as proclaiming every random piece of EU schlock to be genius

The EU is shit though, just to be clear. No, the EU and the prequels don’t get to be considered good just because the new franchise is shit.

Except the EU really is retarded fanfic manchildren garbage.

People would stop talking about it if they stopped shilling about it nonstop. Which is exactly what they should do for their own interests, chalk it up as a fuckup, and try to move on and hope people forget about it. Keeping peoples' attention on it will only antagonize them further and hurt the longterm prospects of the franchise even more. No one's going to be turned by their desperate begging articles, so the wisest thing to do would be to shut up and let consumer forgetfulness set in.

The EU story surrounding Ben Solo is classical literary art in comparison to the Disney Wars shit.

>overall a bit

jesus christ it a train wreck, call it what it is, stop candy coating

>creating false equivalency between canon fiction and extended universe
>double standards
idiot

And so is TLJ I'm not sure what the point of this article is

Buyer's Remorse.

Star Wars fans should stop spending money on Star Wars because they are not spending on Star Wars anymore, they are spending on Disney instead. Two very different concepts.
Let the wallet do the arguing.

Name every EU book you've read.

>intelligent

Aren't most of the books complete garbage?

>emperor had clones
Palpatine having a contingency in the event of his death is sensible; the prequels even made it more in-keeping with the revelation of Plaugeis.

I wouldn't mind but that's less crazy of a concept than "Man used space magic to fertilise a woman with a child of pure space magic" at least cloning from a logic standpoint makes sense and is possible in the real world, albeit not to that extent and precision.

weren't they retconned anyway?

Mainline movies should be held to a higher standard than pulpy cash-in side fiction. When you have to defend a multimillion dollar project by comparing it to semi-canon glorified fanfics, yes, that is damage control.

utterly plebian shittaste normies.

Even the worst EU stuff is more creatively ambitious and respectful of the source material than anything in Disney's nu-canon.

>When you have to defend a multimillion dollar project by comparing it to semi-canon glorified fanfics, yes, that is damage control.

Also when you are Disney and want to make money so you hold people to even the most basic of standards, regardless of whether or not they're washed up feminist talentless hacks.

WHEN YOU BUY 700 MILLION MORE TICKETS YOU FUCKS

Cloning in real life may not be precise, but this is a technologically advanced society light years away from us we are talking about.
Not only that, cloning would be pursued by people seeking immortality even if the force didn't exist, trying various ways to transplant our electrical brain makeup into a new body and shit, let alone in a universe where the force exists and makes new grounds for this area of science to attempt. The article author is braindead.

You didn't name every one you've read so I'm going to believe you've never read any of it and are just parroting what you've seen others say

The shit isn't even worth pirating lel

Fellow nod to my third weekenders

The books have nothing to do with the movies though do they? If I served you burnt food I wouldn't try to make it more appealing by telling you I could have just taken a steaming shit on your plate instead.

You called the EU a train wreck so once again name every one you've read.

daily reminder that these faggots are no different from "zoe quinn, and gizmodo and engadget when they were paid off completely by apple to give glowing reviews back in 2008-now.

>The most powerful man in the universe had clones in a universe were clone armies existed and a clone war literally took place

Are you retarded?

You can believe in something you can't see like the Force but drop all immersion when clones which the tech currently exists in the real world happen in your fictional space story.

YOU MUST ALSO LOVE REY!

STOP NOT LOVING OUR NEW CHARACTERS YOU ALT RIGHT SHIT LORDS!

I think we were making the same point anyway which is that they're both shit, I was just saying it's retarded to describe anything as "mostly slightly shitty"

Man, the damage control for this film was embarrassing enough three weeks ago.

These propagandists are just digging a deeper hole every day. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the tagline for Episode 9 is: "it's not Episode 8!"

Still haven't told me which you've read so I'm gonna go ahead and confirm you're calling the EU shit based on parroting others

>it was secretly a sentient bounty hunter droid
KINO

Are these fagots really trying this
Disney decided the EU wasn't canon so they are just going to insult it cause they wanna defend their art-house star wars film
They are practically saying fuck the Chinese cause of how it majorly bombed in China

Is this "TLJ sucked" meme ever going to stop?

What is wrong with these people?

Did EU universe's Sheev ever had any love interest? I'm getting huge homo vibes coming from him

You said it was shit yourself, autist

No all. The worst thing about the Batam era novels is they fell into a repetitive superweapon-of-the-week formula, with a few exceptions like the Thrawn Trilogy.

The Del Rey novels had better quality control and continuity but often struggled with filler, and not knowing what to do with certain characters once they've reached their peak. Still a lot of great gems like Shatterpoint (Apocalypse Now starring Mace Windu).

Think he was grooming Mara Jade to be a future consort. Luckily she got SKYWALKERED

Not an EUfriend and don't know, but McDiarmid said he played Palpatine as a man that had never loved anyone.

Uh... there was the bastard kid called Cyclops or some shit. I think they retconned that to be Imperial bullshit though

They're getting paid to defend this. Disney invested too much money on SW to let common people to destroy their future gains.

BEATEN BY JUMANJI

He had some (alleged) concubines that tried to claim their offspring as Sheev's heir around the New Republic era.

>creatively ambitious
maybe
>respectful of the source material
hahahah no

They are literally admitting to TLJ being a bloated cheesy mess.
They seem to think 90% of the theater going public reads the EU material, when in reality its probably less than 10%
What a bunch of retarded faggots

That's not EU. Shit like KotoR is EU, or "Legends" as they call it.

what?

I should clarify that the Emperor's own bastard was not his love interest, his existence necessitates that there was a love interest offscreen.

Sheev doesn't do incest.

triclops. That was even non cannon in the EU. Story was intresting, guy with 3 eyes, one on his forehead tried to be the new Emperor. Used Vader's glove equipped with a sonic weapon inside to give the false impression he had evil magic powers to kill people. Then Shee's real son showed up, the third eye in the back of his head and actually did have evil dark magic powers and killed fake son. However he turned out to be an alright guy and didn't care for ruling the galaxy and just fucked off.

It's true though

It is EU, though it isn't Legends.
That's the big problem with the "EU" term, tbqh. Both Legends and NuCanon non-movie works are an "expanded universe", an EU.

Dark empire was fuckloads better than TLJ also

this

Wrong, there is crap EU and good EU.

Mouse Defense Force-ACTIVATE!

m-muh Disney
m-muh mouse
everything I don't like is a jewish conspiracy

>1 Disney dollar has been deposited into your account

You have to be insane if you think the mouse is not working overtime to protect the star wars brand. I don't think they even made back their 4 billion yet.