We have an Overwatch comic but isn't it time for an Overwatch cartoon series?

We have an Overwatch comic but isn't it time for an Overwatch cartoon series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_A5sJpYe6bs
youtube.com/watch?v=yK9ya1vZZcU
youtube.com/watch?v=b95y5HmvVTE
youtube.com/watch?v=fNYEapM6RWI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

absolutely not

It would manage to somehow be even shittier.

I only read Sinnercomics version and as far as in concerned that's fucking canon.

Sinner is a fucking terrible artist...he really is.

I honestly wonder why they've created this involved, complicated backstory for a game that does not need it if they *weren't* planning on doing a show. It seems like a bizarre choice but Overwatch is making a ton of money so they're doing something right apparently.

draws a better butthole than shad.

They wanted to capture peoples imagination but now they're too afraid to give them personalities out of fear of alienating anyone.

No.

Truthfully, I wish they'd go and make a cartoon series with Warcraft. Even fucking WoW's in-game engine is practically cartoon worthy at this point.

youtube.com/watch?v=_A5sJpYe6bs

I can't tell if that was genius or stupid.

Overwatch is for liberal leftist gays

Yeah, I just can't get enough of Blizzard's high quality story and character dialogue.

youtube.com/watch?v=yK9ya1vZZcU

They understood the value of marketing. Ever notice how few of the advertisement actually involved gameplay?

I think modern gamers just like the illusion of lore now. By illusion I mean that, it exists, obviously, but it never effects the game in any meaningful way and is as accessible as checking the wiki or reading a ten page comic. You can be a "fan of the lore" without having to actually play the game in depth to access it like a lot of older RPGs need you to.

Also this - the characters are incredibly sterile and as inoffensive as possible to avoid having their personalities or appearances be "problematic". The worst you'll get is Junkrat or Zarya saying they hate robots.

cartoons are expensive also Overwatchâ„¢ is bad rude game

>Scotland is not a real country; you are an Englishman in a dress!
Fuck, I forgot how good Soldier's bantz were.

Not canon.

This, however, is.

Overwatch is for racemixing pedoforks

Pretty sure the lore of Overwatch started as an idea for another MMORPG. Then they realized even they can't compete with World of Warcraft.

The visual designs were leftovers from Project Titan, a new MMO idea they worked on for the better part of a decade before realizing that making a game that competes with one of your own games that already dominates the market is a fucking retarded idea. They admit to literally making the lore up on the spot just before finishing the game in an interview.

Soldier is a national treasure

An Overwatch show would probably end up being written by Blizzard's writers, and therefore terrible.

That being said, I'd prefer it to follow D.va and Lucio becoming members of a new Overwatch, under the guidance of a begrudging Soldier 76. The show would follow them as they go around the world, training to become fully fledged heroes doing missions to keep the peace. Sometimes they'd clash with/team up with/recruit other established characters, others they'd fight against completely unrelated terrorist groups and villians. The Pair of rookies would grow out of their carefree and juvenile attitudes over the series and become more mature and serious about Overwatch, with 76 also learning to lighten up, being reminded of what he's fighting for my the bright eyed and bushy-tailed rookies, and becoming a sort of father figure to them. The First season Finale would be The indtroduction of Talon into the picture and the group's first confrontation with Reaper, Widowmaker, and Sombra.

Tracer should also be given as little screen time as possible becuase Good God is she annoying.

No. The characters and premise translate into gameplay perfectly, but the charaters only work within the context of the game. I love prematch banter but I would never want to see the characters outside the game, sans the occasional short film. Bastion and Soldier 76's shorts were very good, if a bit unoriginal.

However, the characters aren't much more than archetypes and stereotypes. There's no way I would be interested in what Zarya, Winston, Tracer or any of the others are up to.

It's sad that OW will never have the balls to do a joke comic like this. A lot of gaming companies are so neutered now.

>Imagination is the essence of discovery
Says a Gorilla who is about to kill a bunch of people

>Never stop fighting for what you believe in
Says a granny before she is about to kill a bunch of people

Why do they say this feel good shit out of nowhere? It feels so out of place.

I'd rather have one about Paladins.
Even though I don't like them that much either.

>>Imagination is the essence of discovery
>And you're about to discover a pain beyond your imagination

>>Never stop fighting for what you believe in
>But don't come crying when your faith isn't strong enough

These could be fixed with a little imagination.

Hi-Rez hasn't even made any fucking lore for Paladins yet.

Well Anna's fits in context; she's obviously fighting for what she believes in. Either way, the theme of the game is hope and optimism for the future. It's why a lot of the characters are kids or old shits - half the cast are old, jaded cynics who think the world can't change, and the other half are the new generation that dares to dream.

Some of Mcree's are alright but still need some more trashtalk

>Implications of child soldier D.va and Meka program being somewhat sinister
>Implications of Lucio's revolution not being a clear cut good thing for Brazil because of rogue elements (Anarchists,Psychopaths,would be Dictators)
>an entire episode focusing on Widows entirely messed up origin heavily influenced by noire
>Reaper episodes are terrifying
>Junkrat and Roadhog episodes for leviaty

I would still take them over Blizzard.
Knowing Blizz, one good guy will get irreversibly corrupted, while another one will be an insufferable Mary Sue who is surrounded by spineless yesmen and every dubious move is treated in universe as a genius stroke.
No. fuck that shit!

Just had to be a red head with freckles...

>the theme of the game is hope and optimism for the future
Yet it feels completely out of place. I have a feeling they intended to programme a UN diplomacy simulator, before they scrapped it and turned it into a shooter.

>Implications of Lucio's revolution not being a clear cut good thing for Brazil because of rogue elements
They already did something like this with Symmetra.

lol, so randumb
I hope this fad dies soon, I am getting sick and tiered of seeing it everywhere. I already know this decade will be remembered as the worst in terms of humour.

t. overwatch gay baby

having fun with your cast of characters more neutered than my obese cat

I get that there is a conflict of Ideaology between Lucio and Symmetra along the lines of chaos/order and that their are suppose to be benifits to Lumerico but the downsides from memory are the only empahsised parts

It's not lol randumb when given context in the story, and the tf2 comics are legitimately funny

I never understand why Tf2 fags have to shitpost in a overwatch thread

Why would you design a game where every playable character is extremely fuckable

Because that way they don't have to focus on actually making a good game.

>Newly added Characters would come in form of new recruits for Overwatch's future team.
>Mad Scientists, Crazy Cults, and Gangs galore for Overwatch to put down.
>D.va becoming more involved and Responsible with her role in the team instead of being a disrespectful, unsociable, junkfood Vidya-obsessed woman child
>Lucio learning the value of thinking things through, that there isn't always a right a wrong in a situation, and that some problems can't be solved with Music and rash Decisions
>Morrison slowly losing the shell of cynical indifference that he built up over his seven years, starting to care about his rookies like family, seeing the Beauty of life again, and becoming the man he once was
a Teary Scene where 76 Croaks taking a shot for on of the rookies, leaving a grieving D.va or Lucio to be the new leader of Overwatch's rookies

Why wouldn't you? Sex sells. Look at DoA - legitimately boring fighting game series, but as soon as they made a beach volleyball spinoff where you use the girls' big asses to knock them off a platform into the water and play dressup with them, they were swimming in money.

>every character
>Winston
>torb
>fucking bastion

>implying you wouldn't fuck Bastion

>one good guy will get irreversibly corrupted, while another one will be an insufferable Mary Sue who is surrounded by spineless yesmen and every dubious move is treated in universe as a genius stroke
Did you just leak the plots of Warcraft 4 and Starcraft 3?

Bastion is okay but Orisa and MEKA are leagues above

>By illusion I mean that, it exists, obviously, but it never effects the game in any meaningful way and is as accessible as checking the wiki or reading a ten page comic.
Blizzard is pretty good at this too. SC2 made a lot more sense if you never played SC1, but read everything Blizzard put out. I played SC1 and didn't want to read their fan fiction for their own games, so half of it was nonsensical to me.

That's why the show could actually work.

It's the same with Warcraft. They're constantly retconning their old game lore with different books and comics and shit in the WoW expansions to overwrite the WCI-III story. If you just played WC3 before coming into WoW now you'd have no fucking idea what's going on.

>Ana/Mercy for team mom
>Genji/Zenyatta cameos for weirdly philosophical centric episodes you know for kids...
>A Bastion episode in similar form to the last bastion without a single word of dialogue
>Reinhardt episode is a widely varied series of short stories focused on retellings of a single event
>Shimada brothers episode influnced by samurai flicks

I'd say Gigantic would be a better candidate. Not an overarching story, just one off episodes about the characters' backstories or their current antics.
youtube.com/watch?v=b95y5HmvVTE

Battleborn could be a good cartoon if it had better writers and a palatable art style.
youtube.com/watch?v=fNYEapM6RWI

Calm Down CW

>Battleborn
No, I want Randy and Gearbox to go bankrupt. Battleborn's problems are at it's core.
To fix it, you basially need to recreate the entire fucking game. And for it to be successful, it needs to be made by a more serious developer studio.

What if they go bankrupt paying for someone else to make an amazing cartoon?

>mfw they just casualty resurrect characters in the show that were killed off because they were popular like they were never killed off in the first place

They already have Lionsgate making a Borderlands movie.

>amazing
Don't you mean BADASS, user?
Their cutscenes sucked. They clearly tried to bring some style into it. If a cartoon get's made by third party, Gearbox will insist, they make it in their style and use their writing. So they put all their money in, go bankrupt, the cartoon sucks and I can cheer to that, because they gambled their existence away on a cartoon nobody would even watch for free.

>Efi Oladele becomes the little Sister of the Group,
>Keeps Orisa calm, who is experiencing anxiety at being thrust into such a new world where her kind's existence is etched with bloodshed and destruction
>goes souls searching with the help of Bastion and Zenyatta sometimes
>Junkrat and Roadhog alternate between working with and against Overwatch
>Topple Dictator's, gangs, and countries where ever they go, leaving Chaos in their wake
>whether that's a good or bad thing depends on where you ask
>some times they don't even do it intentionally, it just happens because they're destructive psychos

If we're lucky, maybe they'd give him the Genji treatment.

>Mad max style arc based on a race between overwatch and talon racing to the australian Omnium to get a supposed treasure
>It all for naught as a final cut in the end shows junk rat and roadhog talking about his treasure over a meal somewhere

He'll even the filler plots have a lot of potential to be fun
>Episode where Mccree helps Ana and Pharah mend their relationship
>Episode where Lucio takes D.va out drinking for her 21st Birthday, and then immediately regrets it when she drinks way past her limit and he was to get this young, Dead-Drunk girl back home without 76 or any of the Other more adult members of Overwatch finding out what happened to her
>Episode where D.va puts a MEKA operative through the wringer over the phone trying to figure out how do repairs and maintenance on her own suit while she's bored
>Episode where Morrison treats the team To a nice Dinner at a fancy restaurant, and they recount short stories of their successes to try and descend the occasion for this gesture, and 76 reveals that the real reason they went out was that the Swear Jar he had instantiated to try and curb D.va's foul mouth had gotten so full, that he needed to find a way to get rid of it.

pump your breaks son.

tf2 came first, so they deserve a cartoon first.

>the characters are incredibly sterile and as inoffensive as possible to avoid having their personalities or appearances be "problematic".
A lot of the characters have cool designs, but their personalities are so bland. Or in d.va's case absolute shit.

And why the hell no one is allowed to be evil in that game for real is beyond me. Everyone is either good or "evil" but has some sob backstory to cover it. Why couldn't 76 or reaper go a bit off the hook in a frank castle-esque fashion in therms of their methods of justice/action? Thats just lame.

He is a wonderful character who completely deserves to be with his superior russian waifu.

Pink-haired "me strong russian lady with big gun" a shit.