Zatanna Thread

So how has Zatanna been faring these days? I know she's a member of Justice League Dark, but does she have more going for her?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qTVxLMmnUTg
dccomics.com/graphic-novels/zatanna-2010/zatanna-by-paul-dini
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

She's in the current arc of DetCom actually, and will be a part of the team in the future.

It feels like DC's kind of giving her a pop these days, what with her appearance in Justice League Action and these plans for a Justice League Dark movie. To be fair, it's not a bad idea. She's another female character they can try to boost like they did Harley, and almost nobody knows who Zatara is so she barely counts as a legacy character.

Oh right. I forgot Detective Comics was an ongoing series. I should look into it.

Well, it's only been going since 1937.

At least her old look is back (seriously, fuck that new 52 Chris Angel shit). I'm currently waiting for the Paul Dini trade in the mail

As neat as her New 52 costume looks, I never got why people just can't stick to the stage magician design she's known for.

Im certainly all for it. It'd be good to have a character with actual potential get a push and one who is also an actual hero and not a psychopath killer lesbo for hot topic tweens

I really like how she looks in this show

Whoever thought that it would be a good idea to get rid of the top hat needs to be fired. I'd argue that's the key element of her costume. She can wear either fishnets or hose, but she HAS to have the hat. She is a stage magician, after all.

cute

>braces
What a cutie.

Shane Glines's artstyle is amazing.

It's the eyes

seriously why can't we get more Batman and Zatanna? Its actually good, I think she is at her best when around him instead of being Constantine's bitch she even got her own series after being in detective comics. Where is this from btw?

You'll be getting more Zatanna and Batman soon if is anything to go by.

I don't like them as a romantic couple or anything but they got a good dynamic

I say this a lot but I really wish she was a DCAU regular. Even powers aside she'd brings a much needed bit of light to the team. Of the original 7, Wally was the only "Fun" factor. Even Superman was a bit of a stick

I like them as a romantic paring, or maybe just as having romantic tension that's never satisfied. Frankly, Zatanna deserves way better than Bruce.

Must say I hated her design in that movie. A little too bombastic for my taste, less is more.

>A little too bombastic for my taste
You do know what she does as a hobby, right? If you don't, here's a little video to clue you in. youtube.com/watch?v=qTVxLMmnUTg

It's insane that she is in my top 10 favorite heroes, yet I never read anything of her? Any good stories for her? What are the best comics for her? Would be nice if they had more modern good art but anything is fine if you guys have it?

I want to see her teaming up with different characters besides Batman and Constantine. Really explore the magic side of DC more. And personally I don't like either ship at all

Look I generally prefer her classic costume too but that's not any more bombastic than the other one, where I remind you, she doesn't even wear pants.

Here yah go.

garbage

I'd fuck

Why?

It's not just the costume, it's the hairstyle, the wider build, smaller facial features, I'm getting more of a dominatrix feeling than magician.

wikipedia style shit like Swamp Thing #50. You can't seriously recommend someone to read that issue FOR Zatanna.
And then there's Justice League Dark that's pure shit.

Me too.

Thanks I'll start with that new giant collection by Paul Dini. dccomics.com/graphic-novels/zatanna-2010/zatanna-by-paul-dini
They have it on Amazon for 28.99

Sorry user, I posted without really reading them. Do you have a better list?

What does this collection include?

>it's a reading list that tries to just include every appearance by the character regardless of quality

>penning stories for the past two decades starring Zatanna Zatara, including these tales from ZATANNA #1-16, ZATANNA: EVERYDAY MAGIC #1 and stories from the DC INFINITE HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #1 and the DC UNIVERSE REBIRTH HOLIDAY SPECIAL #1.

Hmm. Then I might just get this book.

small eyes and shitty flat hair don't complement her either

Zatanna image dump?

Bruce should have proposed to her rather than Selina!

Only if he gets awkwardly turned down because a failed teenage romance and friendship/working relationship with the occasional romantic undertones is not a workable basis for a marriage.

Go to bed, Dini. Zatanna deserves someone better.
Now who that would be I don't know.

I liked Justice League Dark. Or at least the first 2 trades. Why the hate senpai ?

me

I gotta tell you guys, I've think Raven haired witches are pretty.

>Zatanna feels lonely and wants a husbando
>she wil never sit down and do a spell that makes you appear instantly and jumps onto, begging you to marry her and give her children
Why live

She'd probably just get Jack Nicholson

Dini has pulled elements from his Zatanna run into Justice League Action. Like using Brother Night. I hope he brings Mikey in too.

Why do I love Zatanna so much? I've never even read a single comic of hers. She's just so CUTE

I...actually really like this. Have they interacted that much in comics?

Her gimmick as a stage magician works well enough that people attracted to her initial appearance will get more from her being an actual magician. In short, first impressions matter.

Thank you all for contributing to my Zatanna folder.

Id say "sexy as Hell" fits more.

Mikey needs to have her backstory told. It was one of the hundreds of plot threads that got forgotten when New 52 wiped out most continuity.

No prob user

That's what I'm hoping for too.

>no magical girl Zatanna

Woo wee.

Hey, this looks familiar...can't believe I recognised this image through some fetish art.

CUTE

But who's the puppet?

What do you want to see in a Zatanna story Sup Forums?

I want to see a rivaling stage magician somewhere and have her pair up with characters who aren't Batman or Constantine for once.

Her tits

She has to be used to guys checking out her legs with her showing them off so much.

Literally nothing wrong with that, either

What would happen if physical contact was involved? Would she still be used to it?

I didn't like her JLU design as much as her BTAS design, which is strange because most other girls (especially Barbara) improved drastically from the change in artstyle.

>pair up with characters who aren't Batman or Constantine for once
Like who? Dr. Thirteen died.

...Genius Jones? I don't know. Just make the dynamic between the characters interesting.

If touching was aloud, I imagine she'd be more used to people asking to feel her breasts.

I mean, wouldn't you ask for that?

DESU I find her legs more sexy than her tits
is that weird?

Someone's who's not an asshole.

Kind of liked this costume

Not at all, she's drawn to be leggy. The fishnets or stockings are icing on the cake.

We can generally agree on which cape girls have the biggest/best tits, but who has the best legs? I'm thinking its between Zee, Black Canary and Lois

Team up with other magic girls. And bring Misty back.

Her stage magician outfit is timeless, tasteful, and classy. Its one of those costume designs that is arguably in the same boat as Spider-Man's in terms of not needing to be altered.

Bring Zachary back

"Dnapxe ttub!!"

Legs are one of the most erotic features of the human body, user.

>between Zee, Black Canary and Lois
Sounds about right.

KISS!

I'm not even gay and I want to jump Superman's bones!

I actually think there's something really cool about an actual sorceress also being a fun loving stage magician. With so many magic characters they go the "dark fantasy" route with Magic being a curse or a burden and everything comes down to the "dire consequences of the Dark arts". But characters like Zatanna, and Billy Barron while we're at it,use magic to enrich and brighten up their lives. It's something I'd like to see more, in fact I'd always liked Zatanna being a core member of the Justice League, being the teams expert on Magical happening and supernatural conflicts