KSBD

Kill Six Billion Demons, "who the fuck is this bitch" edition

>The final part of the Tales of the Silver Prince will be up next!

“If you ever hear the Night Curse spoken, run. It only passes the lips of devils, and only when they are up to misdeeds. This is known in nearly all of the ten thousand kingdoms.”
-Payapop Pritram

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rCbePNNWDIk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You fuck I was just looking for this topic and was making the post.

a thought:
KSBD would be better as a vidya

A thought
No.

No, but seriously, who's this fucking chocolate weeb who showed out of nowhere? Is this like some patreon reward or something? Are we getting no further explanation?

I WANT MY BOY KASSARDIS NOW FUCKING NOW REEEEEEEEE

Nah. Platinum would have to be in tip top form with the help of another ten studios to get every detail right as well as the combat to even get close to doing it right.

yes!
i want a ksbd game

>Anime catgirl characters

dropped

She is the door opener. She opens the door obviously. What more explanation do you need?

>who's this fucking chocolate weeb who showed out of nowhere?
She's Lucky Felicia, and I think she opens doors.

It's abbadon just being an unabashed nerd again
it's a mix of Lucky Chloe from Tekken 7 and Felicia from DarkStalkers.

its gonna get awkward when each of them demands 10% of her boyfriend

How would it even work as game?

Fuck off, YIS

Fuck off, UN

Thank you, user

That cat lady's going to get murdered, or worse, to open the door.

sasuga abba youtube.com/watch?v=rCbePNNWDIk

How do I say "Anime was a mistake" in Black Tongue?

Loli schlogle be a begotten misstep.

tha slants scribblins suffer undoing direly

Thanksaplenty on ye households, fair scallywags!

>11 guys
>10% each

Who's not getting a share? Is the golden devil that is really two guys in a trenchcoat taking only one part?

>to open the door you must sacrifice someone

you heard it here first, cat bitch gonna die really soon

>Who's not getting a share? Is the golden devil that is really two guys in a trenchcoat taking only one part?
Yes, because the bottom guy is an employee of the top guy.

Lucky Felicia is the Door Opener.
Apparently a human is required in order to open the Door.
I get the feeling that being human is more important to this role than being a good lock-picker.

Knowing what devils do with humans, 'Lucky Felicia' will probably be a human sacrifice and her flame spent in order to open the Door, whatever it might be.

Allison and crew are there for Zaid, anything else is a bonus. If the devils get 10% then they'll split the remaining 20%.

>that spoiler
Since she's a cat, she has nine lives, so she's actually pretty okay with being sacrificed.

Should we take the armor that Cio is wearing as symbolism of her slipping back into her Yabalchoath ego?

No. This is clearly her job.

That is the intent. Did you not notice the panel before that with Cio looking like Yabalchoath from behind?

The outfit and earrings both.

For when "cat master" isn't quite enough cat power in the group.

>Cat Master and Lucky Felicia go on to have a loving BDSM relationship

Is that the first time Princess's text bubble hasn't been red?

Does the door requires a sacrifice? Because I'm pretty sure the catgirl isn't going to last 5 pages.
Tactical rpg.
My penis is ready TO REACH THE HEAVENS THROUGH VIOLENCE

we've really come a long way
do you think we'll ever see Cio upgraded into a Red?

Only for a brief period as she somehow skips all of the colors and re-achieves Ebon for a chapter or two, only to have it stripped from her or for her to willingly surrender her color and return back to the Cio we all know.

I certainly want to play a heavily story based vidya in that world. The most realistic thing money-wise would be something like Planescape:Torment

That anime catgirl is getting promoted to devil chow. I'm calling it now.

Can Kassardis reach heaven, or will he fail as usual?

>That L in the fourth panel facing the wrong way

Heh.

"Anime was a mistake"

It would be kind of fitting that Mammon's bank only opens with a sacrifice, also would force Allison to realize that there are prices to pay when dealing with Demiurges, even when you don't initially realize it.

He has finally realized that violence is inescapable, he will not fail, but where his hand will go, I do not know.

>let's throw out all her character arc about how you can't run from your past mistakes by constructing a fake persona and instead you have to live with them and learn from them
No.

>god
>her
pshaw!

Some user in the previous thread asked for Cio lewds and I found a few. Is anyone interested?

Is this where Allison loses her eye, cause she didn't follow along like everyone else, as usual, and just stand there gawking?

This is such a pretty comic to look at but Allisons attitude is so intolerable. Why is she always acting like an out of control bitch.

Also stop introducing characters. There was just like one new character every page for the last 30 pages.

Allison x Gold acrobat when?

Can't wait until her "I don't listen to anybody's advice and I refuse to make any attempt to fit in to Throne society" attitude catches up with her and bites her in the ass. It will be an eye-opening experience.

>eye-opening

It did already when her entire body was impaled by Mottom.

Shes some 19 year old girl that mouths off to everyone within her physical vicinity despite not knowing anything and only being in like one fight.

Being a miserable bitch isnt the same as being a likable character. Classic Cio was the way you may a bitchy character likable.

I sure hope no one will draw lewd stuff with Cat Master and Lucky Felicia, it'd be terrible

>Waifus: The Comic now with a literal cat girl

Just like one of my Japanese animes!

Notice how allison is the only one who didnt cover her left eye when saying aye.

I wonder if thats important.

>Does the door requires a sacrifice?
i like this idea, RIP catgirl

>Being a miserable bitch isnt the same as being a likable character.
well, no. I mean. I don't think that's a very commonly held misconception.
I don't think Allysons unlikability is a result of misguided attempts at making her likable. I think the author just didn't invest much thought into making her likable. She's the hero, we're expected to identify with her from the get-go.

I actually like how flawed she is. The comic goes to lengths to remind us that only an idiot wants to be Royalty, and that's exactly what she is.
Allison, Cio, White Chain - none of the three main characters are remotely nice or good people. They're heroes but they're assholes.

It could be. Who knows what strange magics are at place in a ritual like this.
It mainly demonstrates her foreigness to the lands though.

Cars don't have genders and we usually refer to those as hers as well

>Being a miserable bitch isnt the same as being a likable character. Classic Cio was the way you may a bitchy character likable.

I think that's the point. We aren't supposed to like her at this moment of the story.

>The comic goes to lengths to remind us that only an idiot wants to be Royalty,
not really
we're reading it serially in updates so we can analyze it a bit and expect that to become a major theme, bu it's not like it's very strongly telegraphed

this was my assumption as well.

I don't see the connection between vehicles and creator deities.

Well, the only other person who didn't say "aye" was felicia, and she already lost her left one.

They're both genderless

>I don't think Allysons unlikability is a result of misguided attempts at making her likable.

Abaddon obviously thinks hes writing a good character. Ive talked with him before and he admitted that the party of main characters was all female because he was attempting to make good female characters.

>I think the author just didn't invest much thought into making her likable.

Well thats a huge mistake cause the story is not strong enough to carry this comic. The visuals are the only thing keeping it from being a flop.

>She's the hero, we're expected to identify with her from the get-go.

Heroes are supposed to be fun to watch. At every chance she makes a ugly grimace and curses at whoever says anything she doesnt like.

Theres a difference between being a flawed character and a bad person. Allison is a bad person. She acts like she has plot armor and knows it. If anything, she should be thanking everyone here instead of acting like shes above it all.

Well shes only ever cried hysterically or acted like a bitch so I wonder when we are supposed to start liking our heroic main character.

>Abaddon obviously thinks hes writing a good character.
Good character =/= good person. Just because she is an asshole doesn't mean she's badly written.
>Heroes are supposed to be fun to watch.
Watching a hero struggle with her flaws is pretty fun imo.
>Theres a difference between being a flawed character and a bad person. Allison is a bad person. She acts like she has plot armor and knows it. If anything, she should be thanking everyone here instead of acting like shes above it all.
Exactly, she's a bad person. That's the point. She's an inconsiderate, ungrateful, bitchy asshole and she's set up to go through a lot of punishment for it (remember her deal with Incubus? That's still a thing).
Ever heard of character development? She first went from scared bystander to confident chosen one, but without the humility to hold her back. Next step is the humility.
>Well shes only ever cried hysterically or acted like a bitch so I wonder when we are supposed to start liking our heroic main character.
She dives into this world that can very much kill her or worse just to save her creep of a boyfriend (who, mind you, tried to pressure her into sex and she's pretty afraid of him) out of the goodness of her heart. That's pretty heroic. She's being an asshole in the meantime? That's that thing called an antihero.

She's a bad person and she's a good character. And she's definitely a hero.
Wow, it's almost as if flaws make a character interesting or something.

>Flaws make a character interesting

Nooooooooo, they have to be flawless perfect beings so we can point and scream mary sue at them.

Hey I kind of like Lucky Felicia and her design. Don't you g-

>People convinced she's going to die.

O-oh. Okay.

>door opener
"Door opener" is an euphemism. She'll be distraction until the gang sneaks through the gates.

>She's a bad person and she's a good character.
How is she a good character? Shes just a girl with a bad attitude. We know nothing of what she will even do with her powers or what her ideas about the world are. Shes said almost nothing of depth.

>Watching a hero struggle with her flaws is pretty fun imo.

She hasnt struggled, shes been saved by others and had her potential unlocked DBZ style without working for it.

>Exactly, she's a bad person. That's the point. She's an inconsiderate, ungrateful, bitchy asshole

And I just love reading all about those types of people.

>she's set up to go through a lot of punishment for it

Well shes set up to get punished for a really stupid decision she made because she feels so depressed about herself.

>Ever heard of character development? She first went from scared bystander to confident chosen one

She literally went through that "development" in like five panels.

> just to save her creep of a boyfriend (who, mind you, tried to pressure her into sex and she's pretty afraid of him)

Well, no. She has the key that everyone wants so she had to do something either way or she would be hunted down and killed.

Also, fucking please. Her boyfriend didnt pressure her and he wasnt a creep. He asked if she was okay with it and she said multiple times that she wanted to have sex. Hes her boyfriend, couples have sex. What the fuck is he suppose to do, read her mind? This is the only point I legitimately think you're completely wrong about. I dont even know where you got the part about her "being afraid of him" about. Shes a grown women, she can make her own choices.

>She's being an asshole in the meantime? That's that thing called an antihero.

No, its called being an asshole. Vegeta is an asshole AND an anti hero. She is not an anti hero cause she hasnt done anything but act rude.

>Wow, it's almost as if flaws make a character interesting or something.

Her flaws are she is really rude and doesnt like herseld? Okay

Be sure to get a front row seat when Cio plunges a knife into her back and uses her steaming blood to unlock the Door.

Sorry for the long reply but fuck it. I use to love this comic and its been pissing me off for a while cause its squandering its potential.

You arent all wrong but Allisons flaws is that she isnt an interesting enough character to carry the story and Abaddons writing is he biggest short coming. His strength is visuals (Allison actually looks stunning in this new costume) and the art of the comic is the only thing keeping it from failure.

The story is moving too fast and its missing essential parts of its development. Allison desperately needs more attention or she will end up the worst part of her own comic.

>tfw cat girl will be the only member of the new party to survive the suicide mission because of her insane luck/secret badass powers

guys.
the cute kawaii bitch is just a sacrificial pawn cause the door need someone to die to be opened, mark my words.
fuck, screencap this shit, we dont live in the middle ages.

she gonna die in 3 chapters, tops

God is a boy

Literally everyone is calling this.

Are you calling me a white knight for trying to defend a fictional character? Seriously?
>How is she a good character? Shes just a girl with a bad attitude.
If you don't like looking deeper into a character's personality at all, then sure. If you consider that she repressed herself to fit in with her sorority (I'll admit it, Abbadon didn't put a lot of emphasis on this part of her, and that's an error on his part), and she suddenly found herself in a situation where she could be powerful and make other people fit to her, all her bossiness and ungratefulness suddenly makes a shit-ton of sense. Don't just look at what she does, look at why she does it.
>We know nothing of what she will even do with her powers or what her ideas about the world are. Shes said almost nothing of depth.
Having big opinions or plans does not a good character make. I could show you a ton of characters who have big developed worldviews but are boring shallow characters.
>She hasnt struggled,
Sure, Incubus turning all her hidden insecurities against herself and her not feeling being herself anymore after her battle with Mottom wasn't a struggle at all.
Dude.
>shes been saved by others and had her potential unlocked DBZ style without working for it.
If you're talking about accepting Incubus' deal, that will absolutely bite her in the ass later on, as shown in the very next fucking page where Incubus returns home and we see what happens to those who accept his deals. Just because she hasn't been punished YET for it doesn't mean she will avoid the consequences for her thoughtless actions.

>And I just love reading all about those types of people.
If your problem with bad people cast as main characters is that you don't like it, why are you still reading the comic?
>Well shes set up to get punished for a really stupid decision she made because she feels so depressed about herself.
That's a bad thing how exactly?
>She literally went through that "development" in like five panels.
Okay, I'll give this one to you. The pacing in this comic is awful.
>Well, no. She has the key that everyone wants so she had to do something either way or she would be hunted down and killed.
True, alright. You're right about this one.
>Her boyfriend didnt pressure her and he wasnt a creep.
You might want to reread the first few pages. "You're hot when you're freaking out"
>No, its called being an asshole. Vegeta is an asshole AND an anti hero. She is not an anti hero cause she hasnt done anything but act rude.
Because fighting a Demiurge to a standstill and currently trying to rob another is "doing nothing". Are we reading the same comic?
>Her flaws are she is really rude and doesnt like herseld? Okay
I too dislike thinking about characters in detail.

Are people seriously unclear on this? It seems pretty obvious. "Important to open the door," is an incredibly loaded phrase, positively gravid with meaning.

People who are yet to realize that the theme of this chapter is "devils are shitlords" might be in doubt.

I do wonder about the boyfriend.
The whole page about her doing her best to look the best for their date and him barely doing anything seems superfluous if we weren't meant to dislike him on some level.
You could say it's because she was really trying to lose her virginity and it symbolized different levels of investment in the relationship, but during the intro scene it's he that is all about getting the freak on and she that is hesitant.
One of the less favorable ways to interpret abbadon's intention with him is that he's a FUCKING WHITE MALE. Guys that show too much interest in sex are creepy, a man not having to put on make-up is horribly injust and him being presumed the intended heir over the girl is chauvanist male privilige.

So. A possible direction for this comic to go in: Allyson completes her journey and saves her boyfriend, then instead of claiming her prize and losing her v-card she rejects him.
Or maybe he tries to claim power in the end but is destroyed by it.

I didn't see this until after I posted my rant, I'm sorry.
I guess I get what you mean, pacing is a massive problem in the story. Allison's personality is perfectly justified considering her background but Abaddon just plain didn't put enough emphasis on it to properly work. In the original MSPAF run of the comic her sorority background was a lot bigger factor in the story, but here it barely gets a mention despite being the core reason for all of Allison's unpleasantness.
You convinced me of some big flaws in the comic but I still think Allison is a good character. Let's leave it at that.

I don't think this is gonna be a FUCKING WHITE MALE thing because as far as I see he's presented as a jerk but not evil. In KSBD the two are definitely not the same thing at all and most of Ally's party consists of bigger jerks than Zaid.

>Are you calling me a white knight for trying to defend a fictional character? Seriously?
Where did you read that? I mean yeah, what you said about her boyfriend was retarded.
>Having big opinions or plans does not a good character make
A character should probably have opinions and goals, id imagine.
>Sure, Incubus turning all her hidden insecurities against herself
Thats a stretch
> her not feeling being herself anymore after her battle with Mottom wasn't a struggle at all.
When has she felt like herself anytime during this comic? We have only ever seen her freaking out or standing around while other characters advance the plot.
>accepting Incubus' deal, that will absolutely bite her in the ass later on
I guess ill look forward to that really distant pay off.
>why are you still reading the comic?
Read my post>That's a bad thing how exactly?
Not very compelling when a character does something really dumb and ends up screwing themselves. And she did it only for selfish reasons of wanting power.
>Okay, I'll give this one to you. The pacing in this comic is awful.
Thanks. Its actually making this hard to keep up with. Ever since Allison went back to Earth its been a nightmare.

Her boyfriend still isnt a creep. I do not understand how you get this from the two seconds he was conscious. They both wanted sex and were both nervous. The only one to call him a creep was Allisons shitty tumblr friends. She was dating him of her own free will. Your making Allison out to be some pure victim when she was just nervous about having sex for the first time. Its silly.

No problem bro. Understand that I once liked the comic and thats why I read it. I say it has a lot of potential which is why im so harsh on it. Id hate for the K6BD to end up a flop.

I literally have a K6BD folder. Pic related was a genuinely good moment, something actually heroic. More of this stuff please and not being a shrew

>The only one to call him a creep was Allisons shitty tumblr friends.
First rule of fiction. Your sassy single-appearance roommate is always right.

Nobody is saying he ever did anyting wrong though. He doesn't deserve to be punished. He's just not presented very favorably.

>One of the less favorable ways to interpret abbadon's intention with him is that he's a FUCKING WHITE MALE

The main cast was all female and most of them are drawn with non white skin/features so in hindsight it kinda was looking like Marvel Syndrome were every bad guy is a white christian male.

> him being presumed the intended heir over the girl is chauvanist male privilige.

I thought he was the heir and Allison just got lucky?

> then instead of claiming her prize and losing her v-card she rejects him.

I mean, they are two awkward teenagers. None of what Zaid did is some failing on his part. He isnt a bad guy from what we seen. So if he is rejected, it should be for other reasons than Allison realizing hes a bad guy or some shit.

My point is that he had five lines and the situation was not very ideal for either party. So I think its unfair to make him out to be a bad guy is all. I see way to much misandry in fiction as it is when it comes to comics. It triggers me.

>In the original MSPAF run of the comic her sorority background was a lot bigger factor in the story, but here it barely gets a mention despite being the core reason for all of Allison's unpleasantness.

Can you explain this I feel like im missing out on a lot of context now.

>So I think its unfair to make him out to be a bad guy is all.
It's more that we're theorizing that that's what the author will do. Because of previous experiences with fiction.

The conversation I had with Abaddon implied that Zaid would join the party later on and fight with Allison. That would be actually pretty cool especially if he had his jacket/

Not so much a bad guy, more of an unworthy guy.
That's my prediction anyway.

Allison is a really smart girl pretending to be a really dumb girl because no one likes really smart girls. She even joined a sorority exclusively for vapid blonde bimbos and gained 'friends' when she was the kind to have few friends before.

This is also how she became a drinking pro.

From Patreon

>Here's a quick sketch I did to get down this character. Her outfit is based on the Lucky Cat you can find in a lot of asian stores (it's called Maneki Neko in Japan)

Smartness is a good character strength.
I hope we see her use her intelligence to solve problems in the future. Instead of confidece.
But just now we've kicked off an arc where she's cruising on borrowed power, so that's not happening very soon.

>Her outfit is based on Maneki Neko
No shit

Allison used to be a socially awkward nerd in high school, and when she went to college she joined a sorority full of shallow bimbos. She caved to their peer pressure and forced herself to discard her old self (which she was more or less comfortable with) to fit in with them and has a great deal of bottled up self hatred because of that. I think that's also why she's acting so bossy and rude now that she's suddenly in power, she's trying to let out all her insecurity by acting better than everyone else.
Back when Abaddon first tried to run KSBD on the MS Paint Adventure Forum this facet of Allison's personality was central to the plot and because that version was in quest format and not comic format, we got to see what was going through her head a lot better than now. Struggling between her natural nerd self and her bimbo persona was a core part of her personality, which would be a great parallel with Cio's struggle against Yabalchoath if it was played up here.
What I'm saying is that this part of her is still there but it's just not nearly emphasized enough. It would improve Allison a lot.

some people are really, really dumb, user
People in these very threads called Maya "Meti" even after Meti appeared in the actual comic

>cyberpunk the magical setting
maybe after 2 books and a kikstarted