Wonder Woman #25 Storytime

Is Diana PERFECT, Sup Forums?

Only took a year for the story to made sense. Plus that Mohawk, gross.

Rucka's last issue.

Is Cyborg still that bulky in Rebirth?

>Rucka's last issue.
Yay

God-tier variant.

This run has been fantastic, though.

Fantastically boring.

Close, a rip off of Morrison's fantastic Earth One.

They keep reverting his design back to his New52 one, it's weird, I don't know anybody who prefers it

That's a new one.
Wanna expand?

>new
Only new thing here is you.

Well in DCYou he become techno-organic so he can morph his design at will now, his current series references that.

Shaggy man, that forced Aquaman to literally find a "trick" to defeat him even while fighting him underwater and is fighting the rest of the JL to a stand still, is taken out by Diana in 2 hits
Fucking Rucka

The emotional pain, it nourishes me.

Neat

Why is the girl the owl in the first panel while Athena was still an old woman?

He was much better with the beard
There is a great lack of bearded man in comics. Fortunately Aquaman has joined the group this month

Well that was easy.

Next:
>“HEART OF THE AMAZON” part one! Writer Shea Fontana (DC SUPER HERO GIRLS) steps in for a new story! Wonder Woman finally takes a moment to catch her breath and attend a friend’s wedding…but unfortunately, horror’s followed her even there!

aw yeah

she can only fuck steve with a rope
i respect this

Pretty anticlimatic, like the climax of the arc

Steve should never have a beard.

kek

this is actually a good issue
the only rucka issue ive liked thus far desu

>WMM 1942
William Moulton Marston is the writer of Diana's and Steve's first ever appearance in the Dec '41 - Jan '42 issue of All-Star Comics

nah the beard was gross
good

cute

Is his pelvis dust now?

I'm of differing opinion. I've found more than one issue that I've liked, but this one said nothing to me, partly because it present a problem that is immediately resolved

they're both Athena

he ate her out and then got to be on top i bet

>it present a problem that is immediately resolved
yeah I didn't like that either, but the rest of ruckas run has not appealed to me.
and adding to that I actually really enjoyed and kind of prefered Azz' take on the gods, so Rucka just writing a retcon story and re-writing her origin is lame

this issue is a cute contained little wrapped in a bundle story i guess, and thats okay with me

otoh Minerva is still fucked

now let's see if everyone just ignores Rucka's OC female villain like last time

He looked like green arrow with the beard.

>He looks like a better character from a better book
I'm fine with that. Maybe it could lead the cosmo to spill some more quality on this series because it gets confused

did that bird just shit on Diana?

wasnt he supposed to like married with 2-3 kids?

I really enjoyed Rucka's run. Although I binge read it.

Azz's gods were just a more character driven lot, like the Endless in Gaiman's Sandman, or the gods in (again) Gaiman's American Gods.
They were just so fun and exciting. They reminded me of how some of the best Batman or Superman stories are driven by the antagonists and not by the heros themselves.

So how would you rate this run Sup Forums? I'd say it did a good job of resetting Diana back to basics and providing a launchpad for the next writer. Of course if you dislike back to basics then this run isn't going to do much for you. Also the problem is that Shea and Robinson might just ignore all the work Rucka has done although I hope they don't. I liked Cale finally, Cheetah was good, Circe was great, Deimos and Phoebes(?) were kinda shit. We've got fill in writers for the next couple arcs so they better have a gameplan for Diana after Metal. I'd bet Snyder is going to write Diana next.

Steve is boring, Rucka's Diana is boring.
Diana going down into the underworld, where Hades is a spoiled child who wants to marry her, and she's armed with a pair of god-forged Desert Eagles?
That's pretty fun.

In JL x SS crossover he had a sister with two children who he visited regularly.

I too liked it. We're probably the only ones on Sup Forums who did but I guess it doesn't really matter, especially since everyone else loves it.

>Hera's avatar is a male peacock
always cracks me up

I need it without the text for my phone wallpaper

I've only read the first volume so far but I'm enjoying it so far.

thank you based Rucka.

>I'd say it did a good job of resetting Diana back to basics

Sure, except why the fuck would you spend twenty-six issues to do that? That's over two years worth of comics just to do a biased fanfic-ish retcon fest that barely restored anything interesting to the table. It certainly didn't tell a good story. Her origin retold again was a bore. I mean seriously, you could have done this shit in six issues, twelve if you just had to retell her origin. There was so much fluff, poor redesigns and pathetic fan service for his own fans it's actually annoying.

It actually pisses me off people praise this run because it shows how low the bar is with WW these days.

This did not end where I thought it would end, but I'm really glad Rucka didn't go full Mission's End again and gave Diana a happier status quo. (Also, I do want to say that I LOVE Mission's End. It was just incredible heartbreaking.)

Ugh. I'm dropping this title now. Andolfo's art was cute and weirdly hot in her fill in issue for Rucka, but I just don't trust the direction at all, especially with the SEKRIT BRUTHA storyline coming up.

Rucka put her in a place where she's more easily ignored this time, though. She's lost her main goal that caused most of her villainy in this continuity, and she's not in charge of a whole island. :)

The origin retelling was actually the better part of the run imho

I like how he kept telling Az fans to wait till the last issue and then nothing happened

Fuck I feel bad for Cale, shit after shit keeps pouring down on her and now she's treated as a super villain. She needs a good dicking, doesn't she have a husband? I recall her wearing a wedding ring.

I'd be really, REALLY surprised if she's not a lesbian.

Lesbians can't be villains, lrn2progressive stack

Her husband must be pretty shitty since he didn't appear the whole 25 issues

Superman/WW fags btfo and people who say Diana should have a girl love interest. I like how DC is trying to make their heroes love interest last now, that heroes in relationships can work and because of the success of the WW movie Steve is here to stay most likely.

This Steve x Diana thing Rucka was cooking is just about as interesting as watching paint dry

Still better than Trinity shipping

The Wonder Woman jerk is gonna reach new heights, watch her become the strongest member of the JL

Cale has healed pretty well for a woman who was nearly torn apart by Cheetah
Well that was easy

Clark looks so cute here

What happend to her faceless daughter?
Haven't read all issues yet, maybe I will maybe I won't... still asking.

Had to stay on Themiscyra or she would lose her face/soul again.

Stayed behind with Ares

Oh okay.
So basically her daughter becomes an amazon.
Cool cool

Maybe somehow leaves the island and becomes soul and faceless again and the soulless body will be a new WW Villain.
Nah just kidding. Nobody would write this kind of story....right...right?

just like that?

about fucking time

not since he bullied Cho off the variants.

this betch is ew

Etta keeps getting closer to the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo with every issue