What was Mann thinking casting Thor?

What was Mann thinking casting Thor?

Movie should have been kino, but wasnt. Is Michael Mann losing it?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt6815648/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1
youtube.com/watch?v=xnsAbz9Tg6I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He wanted the "omg like I'm only seeing this movie because Chad Hemsworth is in it" audience

thor was the least of this movie's problems

Ultimate pleb filter
GOAT movie

that's not how casting works. every deal is different and everything depends on financing and schedules. i'd bet the only way financers would pony up for Blackhat was for this particular actor to be the lead. sure, Mann could just find other financiers but he figured Hemsworth was good enough. i also think casting him was a misfire.

He’s supposed to be turbo Chad

Way to miss the fucking point, autists

do you realize how ridiculous you sound? how old are you? twelve?

As a real Michael Mann fan im going to be honest, he fucked up, not only Thor was bad casting also the asian girl was atroucious at speaking enligh, half the time I couldnt understand shit plus she looked fucking PLAIN, if you are going to cast Thor at least throw someone hot.

Can we blame him? NO, the man has the right for 1 or 2 fuck ups, he's earned, dont forget that if it werent for him your precious "80s vibe" or cool heist scenes wouldnt ecen fucking exist without him.

Sure Blakhat was shit but I still tip my hat to the man Michael Mann.

Movie was so fucking unwatchable

plebs

The real life hacker this character was based on actually looks very much like Hemsworth. He is a tall blonde turbochad that used to party everyday before his arrest

You guys are operating in a memetic level (hackers must be frail nerds), Mann is dealing with dialectics

The "he is too good looking to know computers" complaint is the most brainlet shit ever conceived

What the hell is Michael Mann even doing these days? I haven't heard a thing about him since Blackhat and the announcement of that Heat prequel novel he was working on.

Producing an upcoming tv show.

imdb.com/title/tt6815648/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1

michael mann truly fucked up on this movie. Maybe he's loosing his touch or maybe the studio was fucking shit up for him. But the casting director needs to seriously think about changing careers.

brainlet

why?

Fuck off. I wish it wasnt, but the movie was terrible

This guy got it right.Movie was great.

Movie isn't bad because of thor

My GF dumped me after seeing this in theaters with me. Probably partially due to the fact that I never made out with her at the movies, she couldn't grasp the fact that I wanted to see the movie I paid for.

he has been making the same movies with the same consistent tone since Manhunter. where the fuck have you been.

is public enemies any good?

I love Mann but I thought it was really weak. the protagonists seem lost and passive. the cinematography is flat and uncharacteristically drab. because it's digital but a period piece all the props look like props and not very authentic.

Johnny Depp isn't very good in it. Bale is great.

>it doesnt matter that Chad Hemsworth is tall and handsome and muscular
>yeah but fuck the antagonist for being a fat out of shape ugly neckbeard lol #REKT
hmmm

>yeah but fuck the antagonist
>#REKT
What? Both characters look like that for a good reason.

The problem is not that he looked too masculine for a hacker. The problem was that he (and pretty much every actor) had 0 charisma and chemistry. The movie almost felt like some direct-to-video flick.

I just meant that the observation is ultimately contradictory.

>it doesnt matter that Chad Hemsworth doesn't look like your stereotypical hacker
>in the next paragraph proceeds to detail how it actually does matter

That's because he's literally a stereotype of Chad. He really can't do anything other than look handsome unless the memesters at Marvel-Disney write his script (quips) for him. He has no personality or no talent other than "hi im Chad and im handsome ok hire me"

youtube.com/watch?v=xnsAbz9Tg6I
Kino soundtrack
Pleb filter

But it was kino.

>you only do two days when you're in prison: the day you go in, and the day you come out.
actual dialogue from the film. mann is a master.

>too masculine for a hacker
they address this though. he works out and studies so that he doesn't fall into the system.
>"I did the crime, I'm doing the time. Time isn't doing me."

his entire character journey is finding a way to break out of imposed systems (digital, physical, mental).

Great movie

>What was Mann thinking casting Thor?

Black Hat is a super chink bait movie. Maybe some chink faggot financier said that Hemsie was liked in China?

Good movie

>Hemsworth can't be go-

mannfags are the worst kind, even worse than snyderfags

miami vice (yes, sweetie) public enemy and blackhat were BAD FILMS

>miami vice (yes, sweetie) public enemy and blackhat were BAD FILMS

No, only Miami Vice and Public Enemy
"Blackhat is bad" is a true pleb opinion

anyone who knows anything about cinema has miami vice in their top movies of the 00s

Good on you my nigga

This 2bh. I thoughts depp was miscast as was hemsworth in blackhat. Is mann out of touch now when it comes to casting the lead?

public enemy was shit

Miami Vice was good, Blackhat had its moments

Can't believe I let Sup Forums meme me into watching this shit.

There actually was one badass hacker who was a 7ft tall body builder blonde and good looking.