Honesty Prevails

You did it Nolan; you solidified your position as one of the greats. Dunkirk is your magnum opus, your bid for cinematic greatness. And it worked. You stuck to your guns, you didn’t manipulate your audience, you told a story and a good one at that. You were honest Nolan. The true proprietor of cinema—a legacy, intact.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EZpVtNCwei4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

every fiction manipulates its audience. while I admire your tenacious approach to film criticism, the honesty/dishonesty perspective is silly.

maybe ten years ago

nowadays dishonesty is too blatant to just ignore

Bump

is it me or is Nolan getting sloppier with every movie?
it started with the goofy ass TDKR, got worse with Interstellar, and then Dunkirk:
> oh look at this huge armada of 12 boats!
> WE'VE GOT TO GET EVERYONE OUT! > Only 15 people on the decks of leaving boats
> don't show the enemy so there's no sense of danger

no, mate. it's the same. fiction is inherently dishonest, which is why i find the perspective silly. it's pretty sophomoric, actually. i suggest reading up on literary criticism for a better appreciation of narrative fiction. the honesty/dishonesty thing is dealt with very early on and debunked as, well, silly. it's like not appreciating a Picasso painting because it's not a real (honest) depiction of a female.

dunkirk is shit and you're shit

fuck nolan and his clumsy, hamfisted """"""""emotional""""" scenes made for plebshitbrains like you

honesty/dishonesty in a technical and narrative sense, not what is literally possible in the world, brainlet.

>tfw couldn't tell who was who as they all looked pretty similar to each other

Hard to feel sympathy for characters I can't tell apart.

>le android does she love me, she loves me not

nice projection of your shit reddit runner movie

>yfw review jew was right all along

legit the most boring war movie i ever had the displeasure of sitting through

stop advertising your shit here

t. Brainlet

>NO BIG EXPLOWSHUNS AND GRATUITIOUS GORE SO IT SUCKED

wew

>every character has a perfect boyband haircut

Can someone explain the appeal of this shitty movie?
The scale was so small. Photography was nothing special everyone just loves the IMAX shots cause muh resolution even though they watch it on digital imax. Acting was mediocre. Soundtrack was ok.

WOW LOOK AT ALL THESE PEOPLE WITH NO BACKSTORY OR DEVELOPMENT GETTING KILLED

DONT YOU FEEL SAD, user??? YOU HAVE TO, WE EVEN SLOWED DOWN THE CAMERA AND PLAYED SAD MUSIC!

pretentious POS

>n-no backstory

Brainlet conditioned by Marvel Cinematic solo films detected. The main protagonist is Hans Zimmer’s score, each character a vehicle for it.

This was Dunkirk 1941

I second this, or I'd at least call for more specifics terms than honesty/dishonesty.

thats how war is.

>The main protagonist is Hans Zimmer’s score,

that has got to be the most pretentious shit ive read in the last 6 months

perfectly describes the movie, a hot fart of air

youtube.com/watch?v=EZpVtNCwei4

This is Nolan's 2017 beach party

> 2018 years after our lord and savior
> watching Nolan movies

I Seriously Hope You Guys Don't Do This.

What a fucking brainlet.

yea i bet you cried when entire planets full of billions of people were blown up in starwars

"thats how war is"

it doesnt work that way. You cant expect the audience to care when you dont even care to flesh out the characters.

>Nolan
>honest

>samefag like a maniac thinking we wouldn't notice him removing his trip
>auto-congratulates himself with every new post
>can't prevent himself for bringing up BR2049 every second post, albeit it having nothing to do with Dunkirk
half the post in this thread are made by the same retard, let that sink in.

Dunkirk wasn't even the best war movie of 2017.

>tfw you're war epic is out nominated by a fishman romance

People actually died at Dunkirk.
No one died on Alderaan.
Leia was the character you were supposed to empathize with.
If you cant empathize with the soldiers in Dunkirk thats just your lack of empathy.

Just as Dagon intended.

best Kino of 2017 but i don't think it's gonna win, the academy will just give it to Guillermo to please the plebs

That's a brainless criticism for many reasons. I think you're mainly saying that in 1 picture it's sunny and in 1 picture it's not sunny. The evacuation took over a week.

LMFAO

>People actually died at Dunkirk.
>If you cant empathize with the soldiers in Dunkirk

why should I care about people from 70 years ago whom I dont even know?
it might as well be fictional

i wasnt there
nobody i knew was there

and there are far more gripping theatres of war in WWII, dunkirk is just a small footnote at best

do you just cry buckets everytime you watch the evening news and learn about all these other unfortunate people ?

Not complaining about the weather idiot, just about the fact that the beach is desperatly empty. The beach was litteraly a junkyard when the brits gathered for the evac. Even Weelend at Zuydcoot did a better job depicting the mess.

>makes an almost experimental original film that no one asked for with basically no dialogue or quips whatsoever in 2017 that is not a remake/reboot/sequel/prequel with a full white male brit cast about a brit event he is passionate about
>gets +100 million dollars from the studio to make it
>spends it all on actual warplanes/warships
>the film gets practically universal praise from all critics
>gets more than 5 times of it's budget from the box office alone
>nominated in 8 different Oscar categories, including Best Picture and Best Director
How the FUCK does he do it, how?

*entire movie is about a bunch of soyboys retreating*

WOW so brave.

>tuttifruttiperkelegluten
why is binland such a funy language

>tfw Nolan was right when he said he was making the biggest the silent era in truth but he was just talking about the wrong film

shit movie

>"Dunkirk is a tour de force"

How can I pirate this?

Villanolan fans are one and the same you redditor

This was one of the major problems of Dunkirk. he failed to convey the scale of the operation--the number of people and boats. It felt like they were evacuating 5-10K people, not 300K.

The flick had other problems too. The Academy is just such pleb, mediocre shit.

I love Dunkirk but you're such an insufferable pathetic faggot reviewscrew, you're only tarnishing the film by opening your buzzword mouth.

>taking screenshots of your own youtube comments and posting them on this board from your phone pretending to be someone else
Dunkirk is great but you're an immense faggot

t. my favorite of the year is blade runner 2049 and I love soy

>bombs clearly landing on people

>zero blood
>clean sand

im not a gore freak but i -cannot- immense myself and sell myself the illusion when its all so "this is a hollywood set" faked

>review screw

random coalburners have more followers on twitter than him. this is really sad.

Plus you know it's him because of the iPhone filename
This is just schizophrenia at this point

Samefag

Nolan is definitely evolving but I don't think hes peaked yet. Nigga still relatively young for a director

>blade runner wuz bettur

Why do followers matter? Are you from Sup Forums where this sort of thing is important? That would explain how cinematically bankrupt BR2049 plebes are

>Sup Forums has a thread full of redditors praising Thor Ragnarok
>Sup Forums has 3 or more threads shitting on Blade Runner 2049
Fucking capeshitters

but does it make for a good movie?

go play your call of duty you dumb ass redditor reviewcancer samefag shill

Why are you taking your trip to samefag in your threads RS? Are you seriously this pathetic?
>15 followers
>can only spout buzzwords
No wonder you didn't get Blade Kino

Those guys are all white unlike the 2049 fans, reviewape

They can’t refute an opinion on an intellectual level so they resort to shallow surface-level social critiques to someone’s character in order to obtain some misguided sense of debateful accomplishment. Basically an ad-hominem.

He's a big guy

>review screw is the only person on Sup Forums that phone posts

this movie is just a stupid british propaganda
>muh we keeps fight in `40
>muh brtitans stnronk
>muh we still stronk for brexit

qed.brainlet flick for plebs

>tfw I've never seen this movie and never will

Pretty good feeling actually.

Why won't you answer my question? Is calling me RS your only defense because I'm right about your sensibilities, Sup Forums?
Then do the same back. This is your average 2049 fan on Sup Forums "BravoDABID"
Literally some paki from london

>based

Why do redditors hate Blade Runner 2049 so much? Is it because they wanted more quips like the Marvel capeshit they love so much?

shut up and go play your brainless battlefront game you absolute manchild RS

>Sup Forums?
Oh but it's Sup Forumsedditors like you the ones screeching about BR2049, Review Screw, it was voted the best movie of 2017 by actual Sup Forums users.

The only backstory you need to know is that they're British troops. This isn't a character driven film

You still haven't answer the question and you've once again called me him. You nu-Sup Forums posters are Sup Forums as proven by the guy I have named in "BravoDABID"

Do you plan on answering or will you continue to reply until you start sage posting?

how can reviewgoy compete with modern Sup Forums? we are the future .

Fucking gross

>it's like not appreciating a Picasso painting because it's not a real (honest) depiction of a female.

Picasso was an attentionwhore who made his paintings more edgy whenever his popularity dipped.

His dishonesty goes beyond the painting itself.

>You still haven't answer the question
Answer what, review screw. Why does your absolute failure as a reviewer is so funny? Because we see you try so hard, shilling your """reviews"""" here with your meaningless buzzwords like "dishonest", "Sup Forums sensibilities", "soy" or random false flag pajeet pics like this . Still yet to make a single argument against the actual movie and you're here all fucking day long, RS. Arguing against the best movie of the year according to Sup Forums but calling their defenders Sup Forums while shilling for fucking Nolan.

You should kill yourself, RS. Think about it. The best thing you can do is samefag you embarrassing opinions and even in this shithole people just make fun of you. You're a failure RS.

this movie sucked ass man.

>Why does your absolute failure as a reviewer matter? Because it is so funny*
Fixed

>just about the fact that the beach is desperately empty
It's Nolan, he has to make everything clean and lifeless

Again you've called me him and are now pretending to not know the original question
>Why do followers matter? Are you from Sup Forums where this sort of thing is important? That would explain how cinematically bankrupt BR2049 plebes are
Answer it, Sup Forums.

Guys don't fight, everybody knows that Dunkirk and Blade Runner 2049 were the best movies of the year, who cares which one is better

I would add "IMDB sensibilities"
How these people even talk about cinema in real life?

reddit spacing
everytime

>>Why do followers matter?
I told you review screw, because having 15 followers means you're a failure of a reviewer, and that matters because it's fun to see you screeching and embarrassing yourself here trying to get more while failing miserably.
>Sup Forums
Let me refer you to this poll again and now please go back to Sup Forumseddit where you belong

>How these people even talk about cinema in real life?
They don't, simple as that.

Yeah but Dunkirk is actually better, so.

>blade runner 2049 first
>dunkirk second
>nolan fans call villeneuve reddit
>villeneuve fans call nolan reddit
this is hilarious to watch

So be it friend, I actually agree!

Based.

Again I'm not him, Sup Forumsedditor. I am your superior and have been for longer than you've been on Sup Forums and will be on Sup Forums
>15 followers means you're a failure of a reviewer, and that matters because it's fun to see you screeching and embarrassing yourself here trying to get more while failing miserably.
Why does that matter? This isn't your home board Sup Forums. Your e-celeb and social media culture doesn't matter here.

Answer the question

Literally every frame is filled to the brim with honesty.

reddit spacing

no its stupid war propaganda
also shit characters and everywhere pathos af like its 40k

>The Academy is just such pleb, mediocre shit.
And yet 2049 plebs have been throwing a fit all day about not getting best director/picture. Is it safe to assume that it and it's fanbase are actually plebs?