What the FUCK was his problem?

what the FUCK was his problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reasons_and_Persons
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forever_(U.S._TV_series)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>DUDE. INTER-TEMPORAL SERIAL KILLER. LMAO

DUDE I'M JESUS LMAO

based

gentle reminder there is NO evidence ever presented that he is actually immortal, and that old professor who turns out to be his son could have just recollected stories of his mother to John Oldman one time which he regurgitates as his own

professor wasn't his son. That was the cop

>there's actually a sequel that came out last year
is it gud?

It's called Holocene, and it's a total fucking let down.

no there's literally nothing to it, no reason for it to have been made and it doesn't advance anything meaningfully

>that college teacher dude who's clearly in his late 40s dating a teenage student

she was pretty hot tbf

I can definitely see what the movie was going for but it had poor production and mostly poor actors

I always thought this was weird, especially the fact that he brings her to a teacher's gathering.

An excellent sequel would have been him meeting another one like him.

I liked that they hinted at it in the first one but nothing more than that, let's your imagination do the rest

>so what did you do all that time?
>this and that... Got to be a minor baron in France for a while, that was cool. What about you?
>well I'm Jesus Christ
>oh

It would be interesting to see how someone that old with that many experiences memorises his life. Does he just rememeber the stuff that happened recently or have a vivid memory of pre-history or his life several thousand years ago?

I think they address that, he says he only has super vague recollections about prehistoric shit. Also it makes sense that 4000 years of rubbing sticks together and hunting wouldn't compare to 200 years of witnessing massive human achievements like 18th-20th century

Good movie. Second movie isn't so good at all, but it answers your question, OP.

Considering the first movie is a sit down story telling in a single room type of movie, I never had hopes for the 2nd one since I knew it would not repeat that format. It is like comparing Alien to Aliens. They are completely different movies that share the same universe context. And, they plan on making a 3rd if they get enough funding. I expect it to be worse.

That's what I thought would happen. He'd meet t hat person he met before in his story. The only real course of action to end it is for him to die or find an immortal woman to settle with somewhere.

Yeh I agree, but it's left ambiguous as to whether he doesn't memorise it properly because it's all the same boring monotonous caveman shit and he isn't fully self-aware of himself and his surroundings, or if it's because those memories are eroded over time and pushed out by new lives and experiences. In another 20,000 years would he have a vivid memory of his current life and the talk he's giving in this film?

If immortality is the only supernatural aspect to him then he'd most likely never be able to remember the original memory from anything further back than 1,000 years. Even then it would only be scraps. What he would remember is the retelling of things or the...re-rememberings of things. That's something where you actually sit down and force yourself to remember something as fully as possible to reinforce the memory. You end up overwriting your old memory with a new memory of it. which can cause problems my misremembering things. Some people do that with keepsakes. He seems to be doing that via teaching people and writing books. Without that aspect, there's a good chance he'd never remember anything very far back at all. Which technically, he probably doesn't anyway.

My headcanon is that he forgets at the same level as a healthy 35-ish male would. We don't know that he's anything special physically so his brain would have a normal capacity

>tl;dr: You remember the story of the memory, but no longer remember the original memory.

Yes, this crossed my mind too. I remember reading a pretty good book on whether people who can't remember their past experiences are really the same "self" or identity. honestly this is one of the rare films that makes you think about its implications, that doesn't happen often and certainly not with hollywood movies

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reasons_and_Persons

can't imagine that being above 3/10

not that crazy, she's an adult, not a high school student

It just seems sleazy and especially out if place in a spiritual film

the whole film just follows some students tracking him down and trying to prove/get him to confess that he's immortal, then with the implication at the end that rather than being benevolent he may actually be evil and possibly a serial killer

Yeah, I liked it because of that. It harkens to our own ancestors sitting around a fire telling stories and discussing life. It is actually one of the reasons I started listening to audio books instead of reading the books. It changes how I view the stories quite a bit; and of course paces it to the speed of speech giving me more time to mull over things.

It is a sign of poor writing. The plot element of, "woman is to infatuated with the guy to the point of spilling the beans and starting the next plot element". The second bad writing mistake to advance the plot was tying him up and eventually stabbing him.

Kinda like how in Jurassic Park Dr. Grant was obviously involved with his graduate student Dr. Sattler who was half his age

I figure the ending may actually end up being another immortal for part 3. With him battling the other immortal.

>rather than being benevolent he may actually be evil and possibly a serial killer
Bravo Jesus

There was a short 1-seaon TV series called, "Forever", about an immortal man where he battled another immortal in that manner. It was actually pretty good, but got canceled.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forever_(U.S._TV_series)

The concept seemed intriguing but it was overacted and totally pretentious

Well, if you get into deep discussion like that with a room full of people, it does get very pretentious and people do overact. It is weird. It doesn't happen all the time and depends on the type of people involved. Some of them can be rather opinionated and haughty.

I'm talking about the plot
>And suddenly I was Jesus and the church is evil fuck Christianity lol

oic

That happens irl too, it just depends on how drunk people are.

The only fuck up to this kino is the ending.
>yung teacher is in love with him
>u cant follow me this wont last i m immortal not u
>girl is actually the gf of the black colleague
>finally fuck it i ll use you as a fuck toy for a few year then dump u. Come and leave the black guy without telling him anything
Why did they have to have him cuck his black colleague ? He was a nice guy

Clearly the whole thing is an elaborate ruse by Sup Forums to prove Jesus was white

Can you elaborate on this user? Can't seem to find a plot summary anywhere.

in the book it is that way, in the movie Grant looks younger than Sattler.