When did it go so wrong bros?

When did it go so wrong bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TqKp7cMShV4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if they would have let the boys start aging as soon as they hit 4th grade, you wouldn't be asking this question

fifth grade when?

They got too self-absorbed with shitty inside jokes and garbage lore, when they worked best as a social critique with the spice of their personalities in the mix

>Wanting to age fictional characters

>they start aging in 4th grade (mid-season 4)
>season 21, they are now mid-twenties
>no episode of stan joining antifa
>no episode of cartman leading the alt right
>no episode of kenny becoming a bitcoin millionaire and then blowing it all on drugs
>no episode of kyle being ripped on for being huwite at grad school

South park has always been reddit humor

Around 2007

Continuity.

Having entire seasons be 'about something' with an overarching story really made the show less fun. I miss random self-contained episodes.

hahahaha

You tell me

This, but it started earlier. The wii 3 parter, coon trilogy, etc. was the beginning of the end

>everything has been always the same garbage goyin, nothing was ever good!
sure, go choke on a dick buddy

>Wanting to turn all characters in regular LOOOOOOOL post-modern stereotypes for a joke and breaking all the dynamic of them being kids

I kinda liked the first PC Principal “arc” but ultimately I think you’re right. The show was always better when it was just variously topical.

Respect MAH AUTHORITAH AND SALTY CHOCLAET BALLS!! XD

the wii ones were good though.
the coon was when things went to shit.

The writers went from typical tolerable liberals, to nuliberals cucks, pretty much what happened to The Simpsons but even worse.

Cherokee Hair Tampons was the first time one of those boys was a little shit who acted like an educated adult and became a little skeptic/debunker. Fucking Stan with his "have you ever seen a toxin?" bullshit questions, you are supposed to be boys who don't understand anything, not ask loaded questions like james randi does. you're supposed to go to Chef for help as he is the only fairly-sensible adult in the town

go god go was a 2-parter, and they have done multi-parters since season 3

Is there a better example of a show having a kino movie adaptation? Maybe Beavis and Butt-head Do America?

Between season 11 and 12, although they always had a quality episode each season after that. It's not all shit.

the meteor trilogy in season 3

When family guy started airing and being better in every way

Imagination land. They started competing for emmies then and there and the exact point the writing became compromised.

When you grew up

Started declining around season 10. More trash than good by season 15. I still give them a lot of credit for lasting as long as they did, and at least there's still a decent episode or two every season instead of it being all trash like most other shows that go on that long. Except for season 20, where every episode is garbage but there are still a couple good jokes in each one.

don't talk to me or my wife's son again.

It never declined. The butt blasted faggots here are the ones who had jokes flying over their heads the past ten seasons.

Whenever it was Trey left his Asian wife for a black stripper and her son; Just imagine having to cope with that one after a couple of years

I think I would have liked it more if it wasn't just an extended version of season 1's "Death" episode. beavis and butt-head rules. worst are ATHF and Drawn Together
>jokes flying over their heads the past ten seasons
I don't have to watch Jersey Shore or Honey Boo Boo or what the fuck ever to understand they're making fun of easy targets

>To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand South Park.

/thread

>This shitty bait got 2 replies
Come on now

SP was kino between season 6-12, with some real gold in there, after that it went to meh to ''wow this is actually so shitty I'd rather be taking a colonoscopy right now'' tier

When every episode became (current trend/phenomenon/event) as the entire plot

When they use the entire episode to pound one joke into the ground. Jared has aides, get it, it sounds like aids, showing us jared literally beating a dead horse doesn't make the joke actually funny more than once. Sarcastaball is sooo interesting and doesn't overstay it's welcome by 20 minutes.

They'd pick a nonsense celebrity and make a dumb joke. Sidney Poitier and Robert Smith working together? But now they have to rely on topical content, making fun of JLo, Ben Affleck, Britney Spears for half an hour.

>post-modern stereotypes
Lay off the Kermit videos, brainlet.

These shows usually fall into three traps. Flanderization of characters, politicization of content and jerking off over their own "lore" and losing the big picture

When they ramped up the politics to 11. Their radical centrist "truth is in the middle guys, both sides are wrong" shtick was fucking weak. Refusing to take a side and pretending you're the smartest person in the room for it is just cowardly, which is pathetic for a show that tried to be so "controversial".

>Having entire seasons be 'about something' with an overarching story really made the show less fun

wrong.

having entire seasons leading to nothing is what made the show less fun. this latest season had the most anticlimactic ending of anything Ive seen.

PC principal and strong woman was solid though

>finding out Trey and Matt don't like season 2 and refuse to watch it

When half if their writing staff is now LITERALLY from The Daily Show

Its so fucking awful.

two guys naked in a hot tub is right up there with my very favourite episodes

don't know why they shit on the early seasons so much, I still watch them occasionally and think they're brilliant
there's something about the unpolished shitty aesthetic that is very charming

They seem to have lost their actual absurdity and go for actually offensive/attacking if they need a joke. Stan calling Cartman a "fat, sweaty mongoloid" once is funnier than the endless Kyle calling Cartman a "fatass" we get now

youtube.com/watch?v=TqKp7cMShV4

They can do all of that with them as kids. In fact they already did an episode where Cartman turns the whole town into Nazi's

The switch to serialized seasons made the show go from more than occasionally enjoyable to one or two great episodes, mediocre episodes overall, and story lines that start off fairly interesting before it becomes apparent Matt and Trey have no idea what they're talking about or want to do, followed by a very rushed season finale that drops plotlines, refuses to answer lingering questions, and is also horribly unfunny.

This has been the past four seasons of content, except season 18 had more good episodes per-capita. 19 was poorly told and 20 was a horrible mess and 21 didn't fair any better.

The first couple seasons were just dude 90's shock humor lmao.

2004-07 was the show's prime, the 3 parter episodes were the beginning of the end, it's been complete and utter shit since they start the continuity thing

They need to focus more on the actual South Park universe, as in inventing new interesting scenarios and obstacles for the characters, instead of endlessly relying on real world news and events to inject mindlessly into every fucking plot of the show. I want to see Randy fighting drunk dads in the little league, I want to see them join a fucking towel in the quest to retrieve their game console from some researchers, etc etc, that's what made the show comfy, to actually escape the real world and get into this little comfy town with them getting into stupid little adventures while calling each others fat fucks and jews.

>Season 20 finale is called The End of Serialization As We Know It
>Season 21 is more serialization

it hasn't, it's just been going for 20 fucking years and their ideas aren't as good, it's still good though

They kept going after the movie. It was initially a shock cartoon (children swearing! gasp!) and the humor was somewhat timeless. After the movie came out they had exhausted all story options and children swearing wasn't shocking so they transitioned into a topical show where they pick the news of the week and parody it. Topical shows are a double edged sword though, because they give you material that gets views, but it destroys your timelessness. You can watch South Park season 1 today and you'll laugh. Go watch season 11 and tell me it's still entertaining.

>dude just becausd they arent top tier as they used to be doesn't mean they are garbage
Nigger please, the last 4 seasons are shit even without comparing to the golden age

But you can still remember the issues they're talking about. Season 11 has With Apologies to Jesse Jackson which is one of the better episodes of all-time. That episode parodies the Michael Richards fiasco which stopped being relevant a long time ago and yet it holds up.

The movie came out between Tweek vs Craig, and Sexual Harassment Panda, that was only season 3.

Season 11
Jessie Jackson
The snuke
Dyikes
Night of the living homeless
more crap
Guitar queer o
All of these are great.

I think you are thinking of a different season

As someone who likes or at least appreciates modern south park, I will say that season 20 was some of the worst shit on television.
18 was the last good season, 21 was squandered by a terrible finale.

>Craig's entire schtick is giving the finger and always being sent to Mackey's office
>change him to epic commentary mouthpiece
>change him to "gay"

south park has been quantity over quality for a while

plus itd difficult for anyone to put out interesting stuff for more than 20 years

Season 2 is mostly bad, written by interns while they made the movie.

12 is when they started having more bad episodes than good per season
where did they say that?

Ever since they got bent about Trump the show has sucked. I don't even care when people talk shit about Trump and I'm a Trumpfag. But the drop in quality happened exactly when they got him under their skin.

I agree, and I don't think that'd be very hard, just remember the good old days: CARTMAN'S MOM GETS 10 HILARIOUS NANNIES BECAUSE HE'S A BAD KID, THEY'RE PUT IN HILARIOUS SITUATIONS, or CARTMAN MEETS PEDOS FROM THE INTERNET, or CARTMAN SENDS HIS PARENTS AWAY FOR CHILD "MOLESTERING", it's not hard to come up with a scenario and the obstacles, all they gotta do is write jokes, or hire literal whos who're good at it

I up until season 19 it was usually 5 good 5 bad.
I think 18 had like 7 good and 3 bad.

They were making the movie during 2, and you can tell the writing is much worse than 1 and 3. It's also the only season to not have commentary.

*think

You're Getting Old should have been the series finale.

/thread

The episodes starting going down hill in 2011, then it became crap around 2014 when every episode pushed current events into increasingly unfunny and uncreative storylines.

No, that episode was just a remake of season 2'd Clubhouses. The finale should have been Terrance and Phillip in Not Without My Anus

Did anybody else have the Chef-Aid album in elementary school?