*inhales*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8IXCK1EyP4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>flopped at the box office
>flopped at the academy awards
>already forgotten by critics
>Harrison Ford already moved on to Indiana Jones 5 and doesn’t give a shit
>cemented Ryan Gosling’s status as box office cancer and suitable only for heightened arthouse flicks
>Denis Villeneuve’s Dune film on the brink of cancellation because “From Academy Award Nominated Director Denis..” would’ve been the selling point of the movie
>producers would have been okay with Dune being a modest box office success had it been an Oscar darling but this is no longer the case as BR2049 now confirms what would be the film’s inevitable fate
>Denis now confirmed as a hack with virtually no appeal, both commercially and critically
>will now live the rest of his days doing commercial work and television pilots for Netflix that will undoubtedly be propped up to unwarranted pedestals by basement dwellers
>Blade Runner 2049’s only contribution to pop culture will be webms recycled over and over again on a Taiwanese knitting cat forum

The price of Dishonesty.

*exhales*

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8IXCK1EyP4s

JUST

Proof that millenials only like shit movies like Transformers and cape shit.

why do you fags care how much a movie makes?

The producers care retard.

I think what's truly dishonest is feigning intellectualism in the face of an already-irrelevant movie in order to garner the approval of anonymous users online.

Stick to twitter, faggot

The first one didn't make much money in theaters either.

He is an Academy Award Nominated director.

>Indiana Jones 5
JUST

You speak as if Sup Forums doesn’t embrace Blade Runner 2049. If he wanted approval he’d be spamming “SJW” and hopping on the Star Wars hate train. Shitting on 2049 is the last thing one would do if they were trying to feign for acceptance on this board, even if the critiques are deserved.

Kinda hard to get worked up over robots shooting each other.

Blade Runner matches Dune in aesthetics more than Arrival so if he got nominated for 2049 it’d be better for Dune’s marketing as opposed to some female character study alien movie led by Amy Adams.

>stop saying things about my waifu-... I mean that already irrelevant movie

f-fuck off b-brainlet roastie r*dditor, you'll never understand my k-k-kinooooooaaaaabloobloo

I mean it was an ok movie but not great - what did you expect?

filtered

It's a crock of shit. It lacks any of the atmosphere or mood of the original film, which was ultimately what made that film so special. The action scenes are meaningless and have none of the catharsis of the original. The story was a complete mess of unfinished ideas and loose ends which are never developed to a point where you are interested. The acting is wooden and soulless, there is exposition up the ass and spoonfeeds the viewer with information which is never necessary.

Critics and plebs will be swept up in the shekels/hype respectively, but in a year's time, it will be forgotten and it will be remembered as the milquetoast film it is.

>box office
Wow even I expected more from anti Blade Runner Sup Forumsedditors

>knitting cat
I want that.

The original BR was a box office bomb too though

>anti Blade Runner
>Sup Forumsedditors
In what way do you think it is clever?

It's their board culture, Sup Forums is all about money because videogames can't have artistic merit so they must be judged as products. That's why they hate Blade Runner 2049 so much too

But Denis is a (multiple) academy award nominated director...

>reddit runner BTFO'd at the box office
how will fedora plebs recover?

He's the OP. He got blown out in another thread and had to do damage control

is this what autism looks like?

didnt you samefag enough in that dunkshit thread?

now THIS is based posting

lmao holy shit RIP

The first one flopped too but I know you capeshit tourists didn't know that

>feigning intellectualism
nice try. This is the key trait of Villenueve fans. Enjoy pretending to have taste.

This

>32 posts
>19 IPs
Based Review Screw samefagging his BTFO away

its a good movie thats all i care about

How are you not embarassed to samefag this much you call of duty manchild?

Blade Runner and Justice League were two of the biggest box office crash and burns in a while but, you know, Luke Skywalker drank some milk

>muh samefag
last ditch ""argument"" of fedorable BrBa fans. cute

>Sequel to Bladerunner comes out with an actual interesting story and progression in addition to just as compelling of a world if not moreso
>Fans of the original hate it because it's not as shitty as the shit they've become accustomed to loving

Lol, why do original Bladerunner fangays have such shit taste?

Denis Villeneuve has undone your entire fandom with a single movie, how does that feel?

I went to Target yesterday and saw they had a BR2049 DVD display. It was completely emptied out.

History repeats itself. It will sell very well on DVD/Blu-ray and close the gap that way.

>Review Screw
random coalburners have more followers on twitter than you do. you do realize how pathetic is that, right?

i liked both

I fucking knew it was you Disney shills. You could take the last 30 minutes of Blade Runner 2049 and put some Anita Sarkessian video instead and STILL would be better than TLJ, Star Wars is dead dude deal with it

>fangays
>fandom
This site is 18+, Sup Forums. Please, leave.

Cringe

like a true nustar wars fan

>shitty as the shit
>Lol
>fangays

so you care about how much a movie makes because you care about the producers who care about how much the movie makes?

>Using box office to determine the quality of the movie.

Pleb.

HALT

>Ryan Gosling
>box office cancer
Nah, he’s still American women’s #1 schlick material. He gets people more moist than Hemsworth, Zac Efron, or whoever the “hot” black man of the moment is, combined.

I have no malice toward this movie but I love to see Leddit breakdown

>he says as he pushes a millennial facebook meme

>Domestic: $92,005,220 35.5%
>+ Foreign: $167,185,499 64.5%
>= Worldwide: $259,190,719
It flopped domestically but did good internationally, production budget was 150million

Has there ever been a more insecure fanbase to infect Sup Forums with their low cineIQ ideals? Game of thrones and Inception come to mind, but not this bad
maybe the arrested development season 4 apes?

~50% of that goes to movie theaters.

Fury Road
Her
Only God Forgives
Neon Demon
... the list could go on...

It's a bomb.

DELETE THIS!

>Fury Road
Thats true.
>OGF
I'm pretty sure that was mostly complaining about how it wasn't like Drive

tru

>low cineIQ ideals
When did these redditors become a parody of themselves?

I agree. I rewatched the original after watching 2049 and I found the sequel a much better movie. The original is very overrated, 2049 is actually a good experience.

>production budget was 150million
That doesn't include marketting, which is hundreds of millions

That feel when even the sequel to your movie flops and becomes just a cult.

The original movie flopped too just like most Kubrick movies, kino works that way

fpbp

who the fuck is this braindead tripfag?

Very true.
Though a failure the hit is not hard seeing as how it is a write off. It's all in the accounting.
Stuff like TLJ that hurting a franchise are tough.
There won't be another Blade Runner.

>There won't be another Blade Runner.
Good, we had a great original movie and a great sequel. There is no need to turn this into a franchise, look what happened to Alien or Star Wars

>implying anyone who knew basic level information about the academy awards expected Villaneuve to receive a Director nomination

Imagine being so autistic that you can't even realize when you sound retarded

>because “From Academy Award Nominated Director Denis..” would’ve been the selling point of the movie
In what universe? As if the type of person who knows what dune is cares about some award.

Big if true

Sup Forums is packed full of people with big-pockets and heavy investments in several Hollywood studios.

>>flopped at the box office
Who cares
>>flopped at the academy awards
5 noms
>>already forgotten by critics
One of the most acclaimed movies of the year
>>Harrison Ford already moved on to Indiana Jones 5 and doesn’t give a shit
Who cares
>>cemented Ryan Gosling’s status as box office cancer and suitable only for heightened arthouse flicks
Not true but who cares
>>Denis Villeneuve’s Dune film on the brink of cancellation because “From Academy Award Nominated Director Denis..” would’ve been the selling point of the movie
Imagine being this stupid
>>producers would have been okay with Dune being a modest box office success had it been an Oscar darling but this is no longer the case as BR2049 now confirms what would be the film’s inevitable fate
Dennis was nominated last year you know that right?
>>Denis now confirmed as a hack with virtually no appeal, both commercially and critically
It was one of the most acclaimed movies of the year
>>will now live the rest of his days doing commercial work and television pilots for Netflix that will undoubtedly be propped up to unwarranted pedestals by basement dwellers
Nah he's doing Dune now
>>Blade Runner 2049’s only contribution to pop culture will be webms recycled over and over again on a Taiwanese knitting cat forum
And you have 15 followers in twitter and have to samefag in your own threads, I'd rather be Blade Kino than you

Literally just finished the movie, very much enjoyed it, good enough to make me want to rewatch the original which I've never been a big fan of.

My only question is, did the Wallace company always know about the replicant baby? Was it a conspiracy to hush up its existence? If they didn't, since Deckard and the rest covered the tracks, how did the secret of it get out so quick? I feel genuinely retarded asking, but I want to know.

LOOKATTHISDOOD

I'm not sure if you're actually that fag from Twitter who always shills himself here or just a larper

I was expecting to hate the movie but I really liked it. Some stuff felt random, like the bees in the desert (im sure there was some deeep meaning behind it). And Jared Leto should have been cut from the movie.

>domestic
lmao America is irrelevant.

The original?

Well I liked it

>dishonestkinos failing
There's still hope for art

amerimutts only go see capeshit in theatres

Reading the criticism, barring the "I-It was unneeded" is just re-reading the criticism for the old one.
Intellectuals of today, idiots of tomorrow.
Same old, same old.

Pretty accurate. I prefer to re-watch Anita's opera omnia than re-watch that atrocity of TLJ.

Isn't the rule of thumb that a film needs to make double it's production budget to be a success, that isn't far off and will probably make it given the blu ray/dvd sales. Not a big hit but not a bomb, so hopefully we might be able to see big budget scifi not for brainlets in the future.

Are you Review Screw, or just trolling Sup Forums pretending?

You're a fucking idiot if you think women "shlick" to male celebrities

Are you 13?

question - was 2049 budget for advertisement so big compared to JUSTice league or TLJ?
I still think that is a bomb, just wondering. I did see it around way less compared to capeshit of SWshit stuff.
Nonetheless, they made 3 shorts. 2 Are just almost-outtakes but one is an animation... so...

Tl dr

Best movie of 2017 coming through

It's marketing budget wasn't nearly what Justice League was. I barely saw anything before release

>Bombed in US and China
>Did great in Europe, decent in Japan
So the two markets responsible for Capeshit still being successful let it flop.

Just finished watching it 30 minutes ago and can't believe how overrated it was. I mean it was ok but it was hardly the masterpiece some of you cunts told me it was.

What a nerd!

What do you think about the bridge scene user?

They were spying on him through joi

This is something IMHO very true, and often overlooked.