So... why was he stuck in the game? If that's because of update ex machina, would that have happened regardless...

So... why was he stuck in the game? If that's because of update ex machina, would that have happened regardless? Why would he log on at all, I mean, he knew exactly when the update would occur so... was it autism?

The better question is that WILL THE MCPOYLES RULE THE WORLD

female sjw power fantasy defeating the evil white dude

Black Mirror isn’t a sci-fi/technology horror warning story, rarely does it teach a lesson about how technology might be used to our ruin
It’s just tales to creep you out, like twilight zone, but in the future

Incredibly poor writing by someone who has never played a game besides clash of clans

. >Why would he log on at all, I mean, he knew exactly when the update would occur so... was it autism?
Honestly this is explained pretty thoroughly in the episode. You'd have to be an idiot to not understand. They keep going over it for like 20 minutes. Seriously I'm not sure how you didn't understand

>I mean, he knew exactly when the update would occur so... was it autism?

The episode said a million times he had an offline dev build.

There's nothing they'll explain that's going to justify forgetting the fucking date, is there?

They stole his in game controller and took his menu options away.

Why they didnt think of doing that before, I have no idea

>offline
>somehow get uploaded to the cloud in the end

Just turn ur brain off bro and FUCK WHITE MALES lmao

Because the A.I people technobabbled a way to get it connected to the net so they could black mail the real version of the one girl.

They said they tried a million times to get out including that but it didn't work until strong female PoC woman came in to help.

>why is the game programmer a shitskin/female, FUCKING SJWS it should be a white male
>WAIT WHY IS THE EVIL GENIUS A WHITE GUY FUCK SJWS REEEEEEEEE

there's no winning with you people

>the buttons do nothing
>actually now the buttons do something lmao

If he could control everything why didn’t he just warp onto their ship? Or just stop it?

>Episode with a butthurt autist as antagonist who takes out his anger on the internet
>Sup Forums hates it

Hmm I sure wonder why

Why are you here?

>evil
ya bro FUCK gamers

his voice commands were modded and the update removed his mods

Yeah, he's supposed to be in God mode and whatnot, he should have way more control than what he had. Hell, didn't he code the fucking thing?

fat Damon is all you need to knw

No the whole point is that the buttons do whatever they want/need to in the moment.

triggered, faggot? lol

the implication wasn't that gaymers are evil, it was that he specifically was, and its undeniably true

how did you miss that, lol. pic related

I feel like at some point they were going to have a dark ending where the escape plan turned out to be a big trick on his part to truly break their spirits. Would make a lot more sense with everything else.

Brooker says season 4 is lighter in tone to balance the world being shittier.

Sup Forumscat stinking up the place
go back to Sup Forums

I'm pretty sure he needed the device to log out. they beamed the device back to the ship with them so he had no access to it. Pretty sure that is what happened.

The buttons do whatever HE wants them to do at that moment. If they could just wish the buttons into doing something, they could've escaped a long time ago.

>the implication wasn't that gaymers are evil, it was that he specifically was, and its undeniably true
>how did you miss that, lol. pic related
Ya man video games are totally real life!! Just gotta turn your brain off and you won't miss it

I really feel like in the end of the episode Jesse Pinkman should have blown them up immediately. It would have given everyone a shitty ending and it would have felt more like Black Mirror

Because that's what happens when something goes wrong in VR.

Serious question though, doesn't him getting stuck basically make the protagonist stealing the DNA samples from his fridge pointless?
Also, wasn't that pointless anyway? As long as people didn't know what he was doing he could have kept grabbing DNA samples as much as he wanted. Wouldn't it have been better if they had framed or exposed him in some way?

I thought Aaron Paul was gonna immediately blow them up to show that NPC's were expendable cannon fodder in most games and the only reason they were kept alive in Matt Damon's game is because he wanted them alive

But they do, user. They do escape. They said some Jargon about how he'd left them online or something, or the girl was a good enough hacker to be able to get them online, and that's why they could use to buttons to do something useful now when they couldn't before.

>he can’t answer
I hope you don’t do this for free

nope, i'm a paid shill. you caught me red-handed. congrats

this

>They do escape

After years of being stuck in the game

They tell her to press just any button because they all do the same thing: whatever Matt Damon wants. Saying that the buttons were useful now that 1337 hacker girl showed up implies that there was any rhyme or reason to the buttons, which they clearly say was not the case.

Why do you keep saying the buttons do what the guy wants?? they clearly fucking dont because they use them to escape, you dickhead. You're just ignoring some information so you can complain about stuff that no longer makes sense without that information.

I watched the entire season in the weekend. Trying my best not to sound Sup Forums here, but ehat is it with the all female, all poc protagonist crew and the evil sociopathic, mostly male and exclusively white antahonist cast? I mean it almost seems like they went out of their way to portray shit like the neonazi jerking it to electrocuting a dindu black hologram, a totally functioning moslem family who get murdered by a pale irish (or whatever) slag, a black guy staying with her one night stand to start a family and be a caring father. The agenda was just pouring out of the screen. Am I supposed to just roll with that?

>DNA contains memories
dropped

It's just supposed to be how technology shows our more psychopathic cunty side

>episode starts nicely with nerdy guy you can relate to meeting seemingly cool girl
>Black strong woman advise the girl not to get around cto
>CTO just do what's the future of fapping with instagram/facebook pics
>"He's a pervert because he KISSES us and wants us to act like characters in a game, which is exactly what we are!"
>Proceed to kill him
>Good ending!

Stay mad, virgin.

Which goes back to my original point

Didn't they beam the device back to him, though? I can't really remember. I didn't understand why, once he realized what was going on that he didn't just exit the game instead of chasing them or why he didn't use his god powers to stop them. He can make someone's face disappear and turn them into monsters, but the only way to stop them from controlling a ship and flying away is to chase them in a shitty ship that was just lying around?

The buttons don't do nothing, they do anything.

>guy you can relate to
m8

I just realized something. The only reason he will die from dehydration while stuck in the game is because he didn't deliver the patch on time. Why didn't he? Because he was distracted by qt coworker when pajeet explained it to him. So they're literally trying to say he would have lived, had he not been a 'creep'. God, the people who wrote this episode reeeaally hate lonely white men.

>"Waaaa I'm a sociopath why don't girls like me" :(

>mfw people think this had a happy ending

people who hate this episode are
>white
>male
>virgins
just like daly.

shoo

MASSIVE SPOILER:

When he didn't show up for work or respond to calls/emails/vid chat whatever else, the company sent the police over to his apartment and rescued him.

He began collecting DNA samples from the garbage after hours immediately and started a new game.

Except the episode deliberately staged the happening around the holidays so that he wouldn't have work for a couple of days

They were on Christmas break or something, they said they'd be off for at least two weeks I think. Ain't no one messaging his loser ass in their spare time, he's dead dude.

Every single question this episode made you ask can be answered with shit writing, what else, or did you really think writers thought on the script in depth?

They are fake AI computer people, ain't no one giving a fuck about pixels nigga

This is some whyppl bullshit

SHEEEEEEIIIIT

>Programming a fully immersive VR videogame without a failsafe/automatic exit to prevent deaths

The game company would be sued into bankrupcy within hours of first release after people start dropping like flies

Tech lead on the game tells MC he's tried to hack it and its not going to work

MC after 2 days of working on The game:I haven't

>does it in 5 minutes

WYMYN

poo coders BTFO

It was Christmas, he had days off. Also he changed his door sign to "Do Not Disturb" so he ded

>women can't be good at things

It's Black Mirror. None of the stories make sense, they're supposed to just comment on something. None of the episodes make sense at all.

I beg to differ, the previous seasons were much more coherent.

WOT IF YA GOT PRANKED AND YA PUT YA PHONE ON DO NOT DISTURB AND YA FUCKIN DIED

One guy dying after a week in a void is pretty light for BM.

This is the true reason why Daly deserved to die. Better him that some unsuspecting user.

Yeaaaaah...i never once related to that guy so don't lump is all in with freaks like you.

Mfw the next update comes out and the 'rogue code' gets trashed

A better question is: why would you design a video game that takes away all of your basic motor functions and disallows you from exiting if something goes wrong? Seems like a major design flaw on his part.

Are the people saying 'Its only code, its fine to torture them' the reason they've done 8 cookie episodes?

> the uber autist who invented the entire fucking game
> has zero failsafe options for when something like losing his wrist thingie happens
> has zero options to quit the game without the wrist thingie
> all this after "genetic memory" on lollipops

There is literally no handwave big enough to hide this.

How can you take your game offline and still have an online connection through which an update installs itself? Especially when he was the architect and should be the one person to be able to do this easily.

>Why they didnt think of doing that before, I have no idea
its mentioned that he kept all their dna samples so he could just put them back in the game if they were ever able to delete themselves

>Can literally insert people into his game by their DNA
>A genius autist wouldn't faraday cage a seperate machine or at least sandbox his shit from the internet
>Is directly connected to the main client and isn't his personal alpha branch when he's the fucking lead dev
I struggled to suspend my disbelief

you see that button over there? you can climb it

>Can literally insert people into his game by their DNA

they had things like this in the christmas special

Are nerds the last group of people it's completely fine to make fun of in media? Are nerds ever the heroes in a non comic relief way or is every quiet introvert destined to be portrayed as an autistic secret sociopath?

could a power outage kill any player?

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I don't care about the plotholes
A full series of this is the closest I would get to watching a Star Trek like show. I really like these characters, partly because they are shitty people.
Do it Netflix, do it you fucking hacks.

BRING BACK MCPOYLE

The criticism isn't "nerds are bad". It's criticizing people for not being pro-active and dealing with their loneliness by loosing themselves in video games/fandom.

I'm wondering whether Star Trek is as fun as this episode was. But I can't imagine this episode being more than a one-off. They overcame Meth Damon, I don't really give a fuck about their happy ever after space adventures.

The second scene in the game, where he chokes and lifts the money guy up, it felt like the Life-Action Star Wars Life on a Star Destroyer tv show that I always wanted to see instead of further movies. Just Star Trek-esque show but with SW Empire characters and full of fear and conflict instead of Star Treks "mind games".

People say Seth McFarlane's show is a comedy version. I've heard the new official show is darker but has lost the feeling of discovery.
USS Callister can have the best of both worlds and capture the spirit of the originals. Basically becoming a show that elevates above the genre because of it's context/the possibilities.

What if someone meets them online then meets them in the real world?

But that doesn't matter. The new versions are not them.

I sharply exhaled through my nose.

I didn't understand why the child was able to die but not the crewmembers. Are we meant to infer that Jesse Plemons made it possible?

my co-workers were talking about Black Mirror and I said the first episode was really controversial online and they were like what he was evil and I found myself unable to defend him other than saying that some people saw themselves in him

God what a faggot. Maybe his world is worse. Mine isn't