Did anybody else watch the premier of the alienist last night?

did anybody else watch the premier of the alienist last night?
>that NYC 1890s winter setting
>beautiful ashthetics
>opens with a cross dresser child getting killed

I think I found my new favorite show

Glad I checked the catalog, was just about to make a thread.

I think it holds a lot of promise. The scene in the asylum really stuck with me.
Not trying to get carried away but this COULD be the best serial killer show since TD sea1 if it keeps it up

I want to like this show, but the dialogue and acting is derivative and simplistic and I'm sincerely not trying to sound like a douche.

This.
I hope it picks up after a few episodes. But the pilot really felt like they were ticking all the boxes on the list of clichés and contemporary talkingpoints.

Do we get to see Dakota's Fanning? If so, I'm in.

We do.

Fanny is what I meant to say. Ah the jokes ruined now. Basically, what I'm saying is: is there some lewd scenes in there (that are not cross dressing children)

>that are not cross dressing children
as if that really matters to you

Don't fall for it. We don't. Yet.
Lewd scenes - yes.. Dakota Fanning in lewd scene - no.

The jig is up

So it's confirmed she's going all the way in this show then?

Holy shit,that's a good cast. Fannig's cute, Bruhl is /ourguy/ and Evans is /ourfaggot/. What's the story about?

a serial killer in 1800's new york city. Bruhl is the brainiac psychologist (or alienist as they called them in those days) and Evans is the traditional street wise detective.

Fanning hasn't been fleshed out enough to know exactly how she'll fit in to the story. She could end up being their X factor in the case.

yea i was surprised that is wasnt bad
mosaic was good too
a good night for television

I'll add it's a bit of a different spin on the genre since today psychologists are highly regarded and almost treated as superhuman in shows like NCIS but Bruhl isn't liked or respected by his colleagues, they see him as kind of a useful crackpot.

This scene was unnecessary. It really diminished how enjoyable the otherwise good pilot was.
I mean really. You have to have the Chase in the first episode?! They should have waited at least to halfway through the season till Bruhl manages to get glimpse of him.

Did he really get a glimpse of him or is his imagination running away with him? Where did the killer go?

>his imagination
I surely hope not. It's too early to pull the IAmGoingMad trope from all his immersion in the others psyche.
Would be cool if in the end it was him all along because he couldn't get laid.

Is it about aliens?

It's like picrelated but in New York.

We don't know yet.

Hmm, thanks for the breakdown user. I'll check it out.