ITT: films too deep for the Academy Awards

ITT: films too deep for the Academy Awards.

I'll start with an easy one.

I'm sure that scene where he rages at the mexican family for moving into his white neighborhood didn't sit well the academy. Shocked me desu, was this a Sam Raimi film?

I watch RLM too

They reviewed it? Interesting. I'll have to check it out.

This film was 12/10 kino

What did the note say?

This is the only movie I've seen people leave the theater, exactly in the scene where he starts throwing shit at the hispanic family. I thought it was a pretty good movie, but the people who left were probably expecting a generic horror flick.

they were just triggered by the racism. it did feel a bit much when he started calling them spics and demanding they get out of his house and country

I live in Mexico so this makes sense.

Twin Peaks: The Return

Doesn't matter and only Rooney Mara knows

It said "I hate pie"

Is this actually good or is it just another self-pitying soy drama?

It's pure kino, Sport, go watch it right now

I genuinely don't understand the praise for this film, it's essentially a 14 year olds first existential crisis starring a white sheet featuring Pie.

The Florida Project apparently

Why the hell would she write "Doesn't matter and only Rooney Mara knows" on the note? Was she a big fan of Rooney Mara and nihilism?

>a ghost story
>deep
only literally low-iq mongoloids will find it deep

Good job revealing your pleb level

literally low-iq mongoloid (You)

>That Dunning–Kruger effect

>dunning-kruger afflicted low-iq mongoloid accusing others of dunning-kruger
lmao the ironing

Boring af.

Way too self indulgent.

Literally only part I liked was when he killed himself because I said to myself when I saw the skyscraper "haha what if he fucking killed himself"
1/10 film wouldn't recommend it as a joke. Its deep if you have a gunshor wound to the head.

>too deep

>mentally slow thinks simple movie is deep
>thinks others are pleb
dunning-kruger poster girl

Kek

I know ultimately it doesn't matter how the car accident happened because the point is that Casey Afleck dies and becomes the ghost. But HOW THE FUCK did that car accident happen? Their driveway is at the end of a dead end street with a field at the end of it. The other person in the accident has the last house on the right and Casey has the last driveway on the left. Can someone please explain a situation in which either one of those cars could generate enough speed to total both vehicles? The van looks like it was just pulling out of the driveway, so Casey must have just accelerated all the way down the road and smashed in to it. Why would he do that? It doesn't make sense.