What is your opinion on Man of Steel (2013)?

What is your opinion on Man of Steel (2013)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N5bB96Mwidc?t=230
youtube.com/watch?v=Rdc6QjBNOOU
youtube.com/watch?v=_a0DJn1eByM
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Honest kinomaking

pure, undiluted, unironic kino

One of my favourite capeshit

Also, good fights

Great capekino. How can Zack create such a godlike visuals and pass most retarded screenplay ever written?

Absolute kino

um try again sweetie

Thought it was ok. Pretty dumb, but the action was well made and the villains had strong motivation, which puts it above Avengers crap. Not my kind of thing though.

I thought it was good. Action was way better than most capeshit, which is worthy of some praise. Not an amazing movie, though.

I haven't seen it since I saw it in the cinema when it came out and I really wasn't a fan of it then. I was thinking about trying to re-watch it after I saw and liked Batman V Superman. But I just never got around to it. Perhaps one day.

kek

Masterpiece.

Boring.

That it's one of the finest comic book films ever made and actually didn't puss out on making Superman a three-dimensional character. Snyder's Superman feels like a person, not a cartoon. And amazingly, he also feels awesomely god-like. It is the quintessential Superman.

test

I actually liked it quite a bit. I think it's because I couldn't give 2 shits about Supernan, so the movie didn't really screw up his "image" for me, like it did for others.

It's fucking kino is what it is.

Unironically looks like a PS3 cutscene, embarrassing.

boring, pretentious, badlyacted, cg/noice fest

Good. Better than most marvel shit lately.

one of the least shitty capeshits

The cringe is real.

One of the very few actually good movies to come out of capeshit. This is the only superhero movie I can watch repeatedly along with the first Iron Man with everything else just being forgettable but not meaning they're all had.

A stupid, fun movie with some decent cinematography

I loved it, but I'm a Superman fan so I'm biased. Thought it was better than the originals.

Snyder's best film. Although that is a pretty low bar.

I don't really understand the hate BvS got. It was long, but I thought it was paced pretty well. I didn't like what they did with Luthor, but overall I thought it was a good movie.

My favorite cape film of all time that will probably never be topped.

I had some asshole on Sup Forums tell me yesterday that Man of Steel was stupendous and he thought I was shitposting when I said I didn't like the movie. I'm frankly astonished it has defenders.

Criticisms were Lex and the story being a bit ridiculous which I would care if I was watching something amazing but it's fucking capeshit, which is fine. the action was great and nothing marvel has done will ever top the Warehouse fight.
I genuinely do believe a majority of critics are Disney shills when they give glowing reviews to terrible capeshit like Thor 2

damn, it wasn't even that long ago and it already looks like the start to an SNL skit.

every character is an unrrelatable (albeit badass) idiot
the webms in luthor pc with the heroes, lois throwing away the spear only to look for it both things for no reason and MARTHAAA was cringe so bad it took me out

>STOP INVINCIBLE SON. DON'T SAVE ME FROM MY INEVITABLE DEATH

What the fuck were they thinking

>Shitting on the greatest superhero fight scene of all time. Kys.

avengers aged like shit

That's because you've recently view it again in the ultimate cut.
The theatrical run made no sense

Is this a christopher reeves homage? It almost doesn't look like Cavill at some points

>greatest of all time
2 suits we dont know or care about
and alien we dont understand if he cares or not
become 3d xbox1 graphic and jump around
not to mention the jaring product placement all over

Oh, I only saw the extended cut

The Martha thing was pretty dumb

I have been White Knighting MoS against all the pleb haters since day one but that fucking tornado scene is the one thing that cant be justified in any sane manner.

The whole point of the character is to illustrate human fallibility. In a moment like this he isn't logically thinking through "stop, superpowered son, don't save me at no risk to yourself" he's thinking "stop, son, don't put yourself in danger". That he wouldn't actually be in danger is neither here nor there, it's just paternal instinct kicking in.

>have a perfect guy to play Superman
>have mommy Amy to play Lois
>have budget of milions
>still somehow fuck it up
That being said there were a few kino scenes but the movie as a whole was bad.

Has a handful of really clunky scenes and stuff that doesn't work but as far as cape origins goes it's great

This

It's even worse now that Justice league showed us that Supes is around Flash tier in terms of speed, so he probably could have saved him without anyone seeing it.

He didn't want his son's powers to become public because it would have ruined his life.

>Criticisms were Lex and the story being a bit ridiculous
That makes sense though, since Luthor was evidently crazy and he was also the great motivator behind every event in the movie. Jesse Eisenberg's word salad was one of the best interpretations of mental illness I've seen, he is the kind of crazy that is actually passable as a normal yet slightly weird human for the untrained eye but anyone trained in mental illness should see the evident symptoms.

Yeah,but the the train scene from Spiderman 2 exists.

Shhh let's just pretend he didn't learn how to use his super speed yet

Anyone have a webm of Superman repeatedly punching Zod in the air which looks goofy as shit?

I'm thinking the lex criticism stems more from him not being faithful to the comics. There are plenty of crazy Superman villains that would have fit better, but I guess they weren't popular enough

The world engine scene is honestly The best scene ever made for a comic book movie

Litetally nobody..and I mean nobody gives a shit about Spiderman 2.

>INb4 hurr its the best cape movie evrr

That's a meme and the movie is boring on the 2nd watch. I couldn't even get through it a second time.

I can justify it. Jonathan thought it was more important for Clark to live his life as a human first and an invincible alien god second, so he chose to go out treating his son like he was no different than anyone else. He did exactly the same thing that any father would do in that situation. Ultimately, it was Clark who made the decision not to act, not his father.

Wisdom doesn't always look like wisdom in the moment.

I liked BvS enough to watch it twice in the theater and then buy the blu ray. But desu BvS Lex was more Joker than Lex.

I was Lobbying hard for Denzel Washington to be cast as Lex. Man that would have been GOAT tier.

should've gotten a sequel before moving on to bvs

>dad protecting him from being in the public eye until he's ready

>Denzel Washington to be cast as Lex

What the fuck. I didn't know about this. That would have been great

>STOP INVINCIBLE SON. DON'T SAVE ME FROM MY INEVITABLE DEATH

I get the point they were trying to make. I really do. But the scene was just badly set up all around. Clark literally could have just ran over there and got him.

To get the point of the scene across it should have been a situation where he would have blatantly done something superhuman like save him frim a giant cliff or bridge or lift a truck or something.

>not doing heart attack to Pa Kent to show message to both Clark and the audience
You know it's fucked up when even fucking comic books came up with better choices of execution.

Underrated kino

it would have pulled off the adult serious superman mythos a whole lot better if it wasn't also a giant billboard for Wal-Mart and Fed ex.

>heart attack

That is not the point they were trying to make though. It wasnt about him not being able to save him. It was about Clark being hunted down and put in a lab for being a freak. But the execution in MoS was all wrong.

He obviously didn't

I've not thought that was a better choice since I saw other alternatives. Really sit back and think about whether you consider the heart attack a lesson for the character or just pathos for the audience. When you realize that means that it had never occurred to Clark that he couldn't stop death until that point, it sort of changes how you view that story in terms of character development.

yeah, point was different and yet still stupid and pointless since Clark revelaed himself anyway. Also
>hide like a bitch son while whole world suffers because you're not ready
is bad message anyway. This sociopath would hide till the end if not for Zod

Nobody knew how the goverment would react. If they had decided that Clark was a threat and sent an army division after him then what?

First, people would not understand that Clark saved his father in the first place. Second, even if people knew - they'd probably would be too afriad to do anything. Third, even IF someone saw and told to govermnet, military can't do shit to Supes. MoS Pa Kent was braindead egoistic scum and coward, and so his wife. And their son was raised in the same way.

I love how DC circlejerk in Sup Forums completely died after Justice League. Looking back now, it was pretty embarrassing

It was one of the many rumors floating around at the time. Most thought it was going to be Cranston but always thought that would have been too on the nosem

Dude. I have been saying from the get go that the scene is bad. The execution of the point they were trying to make was all wrong. It should have been a situation where he would have had to do something blatantly superhuman to save his dad.

As far as sending an army division after him of course they wouldnt be able to do shit. But then you know they wouldnt stop after that so what them? Jets? B2 Bombers? Nukes? Who fucking knows how far they would go or how many peoole Clark would have to hurt to defend himself. The possibilities for how messy things could get were practically endless and THAT is what Pa Kent was worried about and why he died. Which is a valid point.

But the execution of it in the movie with that damn tornado and him being 40-50 feet away by foot was really lame.

He'd made the choice to stop hiding the minute he accepted his suit from Jor-El. You remember what Jor-El told him?

youtu.be/N5bB96Mwidc?t=230

He's essentially offering Clark the chance to become an ambassador, a bridge between two peoples, a symbol of an ideal. Personally, I think it was a stroke of genius making his suit ceremonial garb, because it makes him a true representative of an alien culture every time he puts it on.

How do you guys manage to keep forgetting that it was Clark's decision not to act, not his dad's?

>But then you know they wouldnt stop after that so what them? Jets? B2 Bombers? >Nukes? Who fucking knows how far they would go or how many peoole Clark would have to hurt to defend himself.
Well, only paranoid coward would think so. Ofc, govermnet would try to control Clark, but it's obvious that they'll not use brutal mass destruction force if he acts peacefully. They literally CAN'T do anything about him. Again, if not for Zod, Clark would hide for his entire life because of Pa Kent's pathetic message.

>a true representative of an alien culture every time he puts it on.
That's the thing, Superman and his suit should represent Earth and humanity, not the fucking dead Krypton.
He is just following his dad's orders with
>hide like a little bitch until World's End (which is Zod's appearence)

The best superhero movie of the 21st century

This is some powerful shit right here. Marvel movies are very empty in comparison. Like there is no substance.

Why did we allow Whedon to rape both Marvel and DC?

The movie heavily implies that he was saving people around the world undercover the whole time.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rdc6QjBNOOU

kino soundtrack and visuals.

He represents both. He's the positive, successful immigrant story, the guy who knows he can carry forward the good from his culture and leave the bad behind, while fully embracing his new home.

That's one of the reasons that I say that liberal reviewers hated Zack's movies so bad. It's not a multicultural message, it's a pro-American ideal message.

He was done hiding before Zod even showed up. Flying guys in primary colors tend to draw some attention.

It does more than imply it. It flat tells you through Lois's arc that that's exactly what he'd been doing.

"Stop, invincible son" is one of the hardest times I've laughed in the cinema in the past 10 years. I was literally wheezing.

So this is the power of tv directors

Because we deserve it.

This is it. Clark is the ideal immigrant. He comes to a new home and embraces it as his own. He realizes he must leave his old world behind to be able to live in the new one. And there is Zod the extremist who is desperate to merge Earth and Krypton into one mass unit.

MoS and BvS are both classic liberal. BvS had several undertones of criticizing right-wing xenophobia but there were also elements mocking the ridiculous politicization of media. Clark is being dragged into a political mud slinging fight he had no intentions of ever fighting. Everything is interpreted through the American political power battles.

Post the only good part about Justice League
youtube.com/watch?v=_a0DJn1eByM

>You are weak, son of El.

Goddam right I am.

Avengers was released one year before MoS.

Watching them today, you'd think there's a 30 year gap between the films.

>implying the scale of the Zod v Supes fight wasn't amazing
>smashing through buildings like they're carboard
>going to space and back
>literally changing the planet and serving as the core for the next few films until Joss and WB outright ruined it by having supes save the day in JL

Fucking kek. This is totally true.

better than anything Marvel has produced bar Ironman 1

Iron Man is so damned good. I watched it again a month ago and was captivated all over again.

I think it's an homage to this.

Iron Man 1 is mediocre and ugly and I have no idea why people think it's good aside from being better than the majority of MCU capeshit that came after. The composition is fuckugly grays and browns and the character of Tony Stark is very shallow and unintersting.

I desperately want to believe that WB is playing some sort of crazy-ass 9D chess.

I want to believe that what came back to us in Justice League was a fake Superman, complete with a fake smile plastered on his face. It fits in perfectly with the themes Zack was exploring about the power, nature, and the dangers of false gods and hero worship.