Great stories no-one has filmed yet

What great stories remain which have not a had a film version or at least not one worthy of the story?

Pic related - Anabasis by Xenophon. A Greek merecenary army marches into the interior of Persia and finds itself betrayed and cut off surrounded by nemies and neutrals on every side. They must make a huge journey to the safety of the culturally-Greek city-states on the Black Sea, fighting and negotiating their way all the time.

The Warriors had the same basic storyline but I want to see an ancient-workd epic on the lines of Troy or Alexander.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_I_Komnenos
imdb.com/title/tt0081900/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fall of Constantinople 1453
Milton's Paradise Lost

The latter would be incredibly hard to adapt though; it would essentially have to be an abstract Pasolini type joint

Peloponnesian War would be great, too.

Siege of Masada

would be a true epic that would demand huge set pieces

A historical epic about Don John of Austria and the battle of Lepanto, directed by Mel Gibson

>Ireland
>rich cultural history full of legends of gods, monsters, warriors and ghosts
>makes movies and TV almost exclusively about drugs, pedos and inner city gangs

I hate this fucking country, it deserves to be miserable

>directed by Mel Gibson
fuck off

Who would be the good guys?

eat shit leddit nigger

I think Ridley Scott could've done something with Paradise Lost back in his hayday. It wouldn't be profound but it would at least look great.

William the Conquerer, Battle of Hastings

The Mountain Meadows Massacre

Those rascally Mormons are their genocide

the romans ofcourse, so we'll have to add in a wizard or something to suggest he cast a spell to make the jewish evil.

Cú Chulainn needs his day in the sun

a movie about the Battle of the Catalaunian Plains

There's a Gerard Butler film already made where he plays Attila.

I think a film about Manuel Komnenos would be epic.
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_I_Komnenos

imdb.com/title/tt0081900/

>Great stories no-one has filmed yet

What the fuck are you talking about, OP? The Warriors adapted it to film.

Do your homework before shitting this place up, dumbass.

>Peter O Toole
fantastic, will watch

>directed by Mel Gibson
Mel was born to direct historical movies. Great taste, user.

>What the fuck are you talking about, OP? The Warriors adapted it to film.
>The Warriors had the same basic storyline but I want to see an ancient-workd epic on the lines of Troy or Alexander.

OP already mentions the Warriors in the last sentence.
>The Warriors had the same basic storyline but I want to see an ancient-workd epic on the lines of Troy or Alexander.

Read before sperging nimrod.

I would love to see an epic film based on the Conquistadores and how they defeated the Aztek empire.

>VH.org

search...

Nada the Lily
Heliftedfrontispiececover
Nada the Lily is a Zulu romance which develops Umslopogaas's backstory. While it does not concern Allan Quatermain directly, NL, precedes Marie (1912), Child of Storm (1913), and Finished (1917). Haggard thought it one of his best novels and called it “a pure Zulu story,” probably because Europeans and white Africans play a minimal role to the plot. The Illustrated London News serialized NL from 2 January 1892 through 7 May 1892 and it was illustrated by R. Caton Woodville. James Thorpe, director of the Huntington Library from 1966-1983, complimented the ILN illustrations as "fine drawings" (35). Longmans, Green, and Co., London, published the first edition on 9 May 1892 in a print issue of 10,000 copies. This edition featured 23 full-page illustrations by Charles Kerr. Macdonald & Co., London, published an edition of NL illustrated by Hookway Cowles in June 1949, 1st thus, with a 4th imprint appearing in January 1958.

Have I got the story for you:
>In the historical romance set during the sixteenth century, Montezuma's Daughter, Englishman Thomas Wingfield seeks revenge on his Spanish cousin Juan de Garcia for murdering his mother. After pursuing the villain from Seville to Mexico, Wingfield witnesses the arrival of Cortes, and he marries the Aztec princess Otomie. It is not until after his nemesis, Otomie, and his five children perish that Wingfield returns to England and weds Lily Bozard, the English betrothed of his youth. MD was inspired by Haggard’s trip to Mexico in 1892, but biographers note that the death of the protagonist's five children reflects Haggard’s own grief after the death of his son Jock.