This is a time bomb about to go off inside Disney, isn’t it? They want it to just slip under the radar...

This is a time bomb about to go off inside Disney, isn’t it? They want it to just slip under the radar, but it won’t because enough people will be wanting to see how bad it is compared to TLJ.

>RANGER SOLO

Came here to post this.

Black Panther will get the trailer.

Even chewbacca face conveys "memba dis?"

RANGER SOLO

Ideally it will bomb so hard it will kill all the SW spin-offs planned. Hopefully combined with EP9, SW will go into hiatus for a good 20 years.

pls be real

Nope. It's getting a Super Bowl Ad which costs a fortune and means they're very confident in the movie

I knew based Ron Howard would save the day.

ye, it needs a break, at least 10 years or they gonna end up like MCU, milked to death

Is this a real snippet?

Looks like a fucking Fast and Furious poster

>Black Panther will get the trailer.

This too. The trailer is going to debut at the Super Bowl LII. The news has already been leaked by a company that was hired to create Star Wars themed Super Bowl LII pins.

You’re either funposting or don’t know what a bluff is.

You're the kind of person who said making over a billion on TLJ is a bomb. Stay salty.

for star wars it is

Hopefully it's the equivalent of the K-T extinction event and wipes out Star Wars permanently, like the Charlie Chan film series.

Fuck you. We still need the Obi-Wan spinoff while Ewan’s still in his prime

They need to make the 4000 billions back asap because inflation would kill them. They will never stop, they can't.

Uh huh. Sure it is. Whatever you say.

It made 500 million less than expected. China ain't the biggest market yet. That is grossly under performing especially when it's competition is fucking Jumanji.

>childish gambino looks directly into the camera
>DUDE IM LANDO
>chewbacca cries out
>entire crowd begins convulsing with joy and pleasure

>SW will go into hiatus for a good 20 years.
Fat fucking chance. They're still in the hole by at least two billion, and they need to keep the series in people's minds long enough to make Star Wars Land viable.

Its predecessor made 2.1 billion.
Sure this probably made profit but you made 700 million less. You have to be worried about the staying power of your 4 billion dollar franchise considering you are already planning to milk it for at least 6 more movies.

>Damage control this hard.

>It made 500 million less than expected.
Oh yeah? That's interesting. Can you tell us who said they expected to make more?

Nothing I said was damage control or even positive about TLJ. What the fuck?

Not from Disney pls god no

It wasn't at all a bomb. I didn't like it either but it was far from a bomb. It did typical sequel tracking, and proportionately tracked the same as Empire and Clones. It could have done better, but it wasn't a bomb.

Solo will however harm the brand. Two poorly received movies in a row is going to hurt things going forward.

>revealing how insecure you are about Disney Wars this hard

>Trusting Disney to not fuck a standalone Kenobi film up
Yeah no thanks.

>Muh trip code!

Not an argument.

>Muh not an argument!

At this point they should just put it directly on Netflix or Hulu

When Solo makes another Billion I am going to shit post on this board day and night. It's going to be pretty damn fun.

Typical sequel tracking is a 15% to 35% drop. This was a straight up 40% drop. It is far worse than the average sequel tracking.

Source: ASS

>TLJ 1.3 billion
>TFA 2.1 billion
>1.3/2.1 * 100 = 62%
Source: High school maths

Oh shit he's got you there

>OKAY ITS CHILDISH GAMBINO HOMEGIRL DROP ME DOWN THE SARLACC

Will never fucking happen but I'd hope it would get Disney exec woken up enough to start doing some house cleaning done below.

I mean we've got a decent enough launch with The Force Awakens but The Last Jedi was mixed with fans (if not with their paid reviews obviously) but they even squandered the video game side by exclusively letting EA do literally fucking nothing with the IP. Just sit there and rot with another fucking Battlefront.

I don't think you can really squander things that hard. Everyone in charge of this new Star Wars thing needs to be cleansed. They don't know what they're doing.

Marvel handled everything so much better and it's very clear at this point they had lawyers involved that guaranteed certain writers and freedoms Lucasfilm was not guaranteed. It's like WB with DCEU all over again. Simple, stupid mistakes out the ass. Very uniformed. People who don't care who don't follow anything. Nearly Sony Pictures tier shit.

Cast and crew would have been paid by now right? I’d just announce that due to unforeseen complications it may never be released, sit on it until for 5 years, sequel trilogy is done by then and it will have built up a reputation as “The unseen Star Wars movie”.
Leak some hype and watch people flock to it due to years of speculation about it. By the time they realise they’ve been robbed it’s too late and you’ve made more money than you would have.
Dangle it in front of the soyboys for a while and they won’t be able to resist.

tfw golden section appears for no reason in hollywood budget

>yfw Star Wars is a reflection of society
>It will only ever be good when the populace is good

>BRUH I'M DEPRESSED BUT I ALSO GET STRESSED
>NINTENDO SWITCH, MORE LIKE "DON'T YOU EVER SAY "BITCH""
>I'M A MULTI-MILLIONAIRE BUT I HATE LOOKING IN THE MIRROR
>MY RHYMES DON'T RHYME BUT I'M TO SOFT TO COMMIT CRIME
>I TAKE XANNIES AND I SOMETIMES CUSS AT MY NANNY

he might not be the hardest, but gosh darn it, he's possibly the most sensitive.

I was about to say no way does that work without at least one member of the cast or crew spilling the beans, but considering what a mess the production of the movie has been most of the cast and crew may believe the story as well.

You beat me to it.

>TFA
>Decent

Oh hell no TFA was the rotting foundation this shitshow is built on.

I DON'T CARE IF IT BOMBS I DON'T CARE IF IMMA THE ONLY ONE IN THE THEATRE I WILL WATCH THIS MOVIE BECAUSE I LOVE ALDEN EHRENREICH BECAUSE HE IS YOUNG AND HANDSOME THIS IS THE ONLY MOVIE IN DISNEY NOTCANONWARS THAT HAS YOUNG AND HANDSOME I LOVE YOU ALDEN I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Nigger they blew probably over 500 million in combined production and marketing costs, it didn't bomb but it sure wasn't the performer everyone was expecting.

This post makes no sense.

Literally all they had to do was be formulaic.

>rotting foundation

It gave anything a team of writers needed with just enough hazy fog of no history to build on. It was a solid fucking skeleton. Yet they didn't do anything with it. You can shit on TFA for not being ambitious enough but it did do enough with the material to make something that could have exceeded even Empire Strikes Back in terms of building and not being just a retread yet again or in this case accomplishing nothing basically.

The One-Two Punch of TLJ failing to meet expectations and the utter bomb of SOLO is going to kill LucasFilm as it is now.
After Solo, I'm pretty sure Kathleen Kennedy is going to get a sword from the Mouse that says "You know what to do"

he already won by fucking MEW in every hole possible. so fuck the kenobi standalone.

She's all worn out now. Used up.
That Scottish cocksucker needs new blood. Aunt Beru gonna get the IrnBru

Truth here.

Responding to my own post here but if you're going to subvert tackle the issue of resistance vs new order. Subvert that shit. Make it that the "resistance" is actually the fascists assholes and the New Order were actually the oppressed. Show the gross negligence and massive bureaucracy not shown before. Show how this new answer to the old Empire isn't doing what they should. Have like minds come about. You can handle Snoke with him being an asshole. Yeah, still kill him but give him something. Just make it more grey in a good way with character development that makes sense and make the sides make more sense. Subvert but do it right.

>She's all worn out now. Used up.
Yeah, but considering how much beta cuck her husband was, there's a big chance she was still a virgin when Obi-Wan impaled her on his lightsaber. McGregor is one lucky bastard.

TFA etched into the public mind that Star Wars must always be about rebels vs empire and can never move past the OT. That's no foundation to build a cinematic universe out of.

Yeah but it could have been different. That was just a foundation. They could have built on that. Switched it up. Swept it out under our feet. So many fucking options. They didn't. They didn't do fucking anything. Here we are at the climax of a trilogy with no fucking climax.