Finally saw this, why all the hate? I liked it a lot

Finally saw this, why all the hate? I liked it a lot.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films#Highest-grossing_films_adjusted_for_inflation
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I enjoyed it too, but you know how the internet is with these films.

It did have a lot of flaws (Rose and Holdo being the biggest ones) but there were some moments that were genuinely awe-inspiring (Throne Room, Luke v. First Order).

Under-23 crowd subconsciously associates Star Wars with the movies they grew up with...the prequels. So they expected sweeping political story with huge action set pieces and predictable simple characters. What they got was a small scale character based story that cared more about personal dynamics than world building, more in the vein of Empire. So people were disappointed and it became a huge meme. Then other people reacted to the meme by getting obnoxiously political, starting a feedback loop.

You're fucking dumb.

how many posts until this devolves?

> why all the hate?

Are you sure you wanted the red pill? I offer you the truth. Nothing more.

TLJ is a masterpiece on par with the prequels. Rian Johnson is the new Lucas circa 2000s

It wasn't a bad film
It's over Sup Forums, i have the high ground.

>prequels
sorry but the prequels sucked ass except maybe the 3rd one

>TLJ is a masterpiece
More like mustardpiss.

Most people probably found it ok or meh-ish but we are required by law to be comically contrarian and froth at the mouth at this legit genocide of our childhoods

Hate came from pissed of Star Wars fans and Sup Forums. Looking at the film's flaws, it just makes the movie mediocre not the worst Star Wars movie.

I legit had such a nice time watching it.
Finn and Rose arc wasn't really good, but I liked most of the rest

One of the most inconsistently entertaining films out there. Loved it, plus Kylo is a thick boi.

It was, at best, a weak continuation of the story.

Disney cause impotence

It's a meme. It's an okay movie and one of the better Star Wars movies.

office hours

>more in the vein of Empire

kys

It doesn't feel like a star wars movie at all. Also dude I am a hologram.

I don't get why women have shit taste. He was very disproportionate.

TLJ is the ultimate pleb filter. It will take Sup Forums a year or two to realise this.

ESB>ANH>TLJ>>>>etc

You gotta let this one digest for a minute, it's beautiful at first glance and even the second glance but when you peel back the layers you'll find a world of flaws.

>why all the hate?

But by then the harelips to whom "pleb filters" are so important will have pulled another "ultimate pleb filter" out of their swollen infected assholes.

it may make the least amount of money globally at the box office (with old films take adjusted for inflation). that would make it the worst star wars movie

i think its narrowly beating how much the first deadpool movie made which would be great if it coasted as much as the first deadpool movie to make

>character based story that cared more about personal dynamics
>personal dynamics
This is gunna be good. Ok, 'what are the personal dynamics user?'

>Deadpool worldwide gross: $758 million
>The Lest Jedi worldwide gross: $1.31 billion

Deadpool was certainly the better cost/profit margin investment but almost $600 million more isn't "barely" making more than Deadpool

TLJ was still the highest grossing film of 2017 and the 9th highest grossing movie of all time. It might have performed below expectations (I'm sure something around $1.5 billion was more in line with what Disney wanted) but it's still going to make at least $300-$400 million in profit and to pretend it's anything remotely close to a flop is pure delusion.

SW is the new brother to capeshit user, another is right around the corner

You're either a paid shill, leftist subversive agent, soulless idiot or all three.

>pure delusion

Should be a banner for Sup Forums to be honest desu

He's neither, you tribalist motherfucker.

>the 9th highest grossing movie of all time.

Only because these lists NEVER adjust for inflation. When you adjust for inflation, TLJ isn't even close.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films#Highest-grossing_films_adjusted_for_inflation

That still doesn't make TLJ a flop.

torrent when?

>i like it a lot

That’s because you ask for extra soy in your $10 latte and only find enjoyment from watching other people get angry. But, like everyone else who defends this film, tell us about how you just need to turn your brain off to understand it.

I never said it was a flop. I'm not the same user you were talking to. Most people predicted TLJ would gross over $750m domestically, it certainly fell short of those forecasts, and short of the global forecast as well.
If your definition of a "flop" is "not making a profit" then TLJ isn't a flop, but it certainly didn't perform as well as analysts expected or Disney hoped.

There's a video on youtube called "missed opportunities" or something that summarizes most of the problems I had with it that few people mention on here because they're too focused on >muh luke

But mostly I don't like how every plot device is thrown away rather than resolved
so instead of "shocking" me with subversion, i was just left unsatisfied
Rian's not interested in writing a story that can be satisfying with every viewing
he made a movie that can only be seen once

>I don't know what a good story is
>I don't understand how white people are demonized for the sake of diversity
>Who are all these old people in the movie? Are the important?

It traits his characters like human beings and that's why it gets the hate. I literally saw only "MUH LUKE WOULDN'T BE LIKE THAT!" and "MUH JEWISH FEMINISM CONSPIRACY!" and some plot holes that every other Star Wars movie had but somehow this is worse without further explanation.
It's far better than any of the prequel movies, the prequel movies were horrible because the dialogue was in his entirety horrible dumb to hear at, I only had one moment where I thought "Shit this was cringe", the "Super Leia" one, else I liked every minute of it, even the Matrix move from Luke since he was just a projection and want to have fun a bit.
I put it above the Prequels, Force Awakens and Return of the Jedi.

POLITICS!!!