Ultimate Spider-Man: Venom Issues

The villain MCU thread took off way more than I thought it would and the thread got to an interesting point wherein Sup Forumsmrades were discussing favorite iterations of a character or wishful thinking for future movies.

One of teh topics was how would a writer/director tackle Venom and many agree that the way the did it in Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man series would be a good start. So without further ado, let's get started.

I too would like to see Ultimate Venom adapted to the MCU Spider-Man movie.

One problem with the ASM movies was that they made Peter's dad a scientist and created Peter's spider powers which is lame.

Making the Parkers and Brocks create the symbiote adds something special to Peter Parker's personal life (but still allows Peter's spider bite to be accident and that anyone could be Spidey etc)

>One problem with the ASM movies was that they made Peter's dad a scientist and created Peter's spider powers which is lame.
That actually bothered me more than I thought when watching the movie. I'm genuinely curious as to how they're going to use Tom Hardy as Venom considering he's WAY OLDER than Peter in this universe.

ultimate Venom would be cool. him eating people like that war of the symbiotes arc and video game would be terrifying on the big screen

Bump

Venom will probably be "connected" to the MCU. As in Sony will make acknowledgements to it but the MCU will ignore them (especially since Venom will be rated R)
Venom/Eddie Brock himself will have little connection to Peter Parker. As will the BlackCat/SilverSable movie and possible Mysterio and Kraven movies

I like these covers

This page screams Bendis wrote this. It's not terrible, but needlessly wordy.

Awesome.

>when you fap too much

Bagley's Ultimate work is pretty good

Bagley is one of the few artists who can really bring out the humor of Bendis's writing

Hell of a way to find out you're bulletproof.

Fuck yeah it is. Immonen was a great follow up artist though.

Ha!

bumpin

Oh shit. This escalated quickly.

I really like this page.

Ouch.

God damn...

I really do too.

Thanks for the bumps. I was kinda worried that peeps would ignore this thread becasue of Bendis but I'm glad to see that isn't teh case.

Look I hate Bendis now and his flaws were still present but Ultimate Spider-man was a good title and Ultimate Venom has some of his best writing on the book. I really feel sorry for the people who like Miles because Bendis never gave him a story like this.

>worried that peeps would ignore this thread because of Bendis
This was early-pretty-ok Bendis, when he had his own sandbox to play in before he started fucking the main continuity.

Poor Herman.

>We will never see Eddie Brock Jr again

I'm glad Sup Forumsmrades aren't completely dismissive of Bendis as I feel many of the current Sup Forums users are. Bendis during his early tenure at Marvel as well as some of his creator owned comics are some of teh best he's ever put out. His series Powers is one of the best representations of Bendis' writing and Ultimate Spider-Man is easily my favorite Spider-Man series I've read in a while.

He always gets the short end of the stick. I'm glad he wasn't 100% wasted in Parker's Thunderbolts and enjoyed his portrayal in Spencer's Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Don't say that!
But you're probably right. Last I remember he's currently in Latveria but here's hoping he comes back. If anything, I consider his appearance in the game Ultimate Spider-Man to be the definitive ending on Brock's influence in the Ultimate Universe and the fact that it was penned by Bendis only adds weight to that. I know it technically isn't canon but my headcanon says so..

I'm still mad. Bendis overused Osborn but barely used Eddie. Didn't even give proper closure between him and Peter.

Welp, I guess that cat is out of teh bag meow

Ugggg. One of Bendis' trademarks is to have a single character give a speech that requires the entire goddamn page to convey. Sometimes they work, but in other times they slow the pacing of the story to a crawl.

>Dialogue mixed up in the first panel