'Krypton' Series Will Be Set In Past & Present DC Universe; Braniac, Doomsday, & More To Appear

>DC's Geoff Johns revealed during an SDCC panel today that the show would actually be flitting between the past and present-day DC universe. "It's a show that, although it takes place centuries ago on Krypton about the House of El, it's about a conspiracy from the present that has traveled back in time to Krypton to prevent Superman's legacy from ever happening," Johns announced.

>In addition, Johns also confirmed that we'll be seeing classic Superman foes Brainiac and Doomsday on the show, along with Adam Strange and Hawkwoman, who will be making the trip to Krypton to stop the plot against his life. "Adam Strange and Hawkwoman come to Krypton trying to stop the conspiracy and save Superman's legacy," Johns said. "Doomsday will be in the show. Brainiac is long overdue to be on screen like that."

>The panel admitted that they were well aware that a show focused entirely on Krypton's past would not be compelling enough to maintain an audience, hence the choice to connect it to the present day. Johns also confirmed that as the series progresses, fans may see more familiar faces. "There are others [from Earth] already on Krypton and as the series progresses, we'll bring in some more [classic DC characters]."

comicbookmovie.com/superman/krypton-to-introduce-brainiac-doomsday-and-more-will-take-place-in-the-past-and-present-dc-universe-a152736

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/krypton-panel-brainiac-adam-strange-hawkwoman-comic-con-2017-1023589
comicbook.com/dc/2017/06/08/is-krypton-part-of-the-dceu/
newsarama.com/35573-syfys-krypton-has-a-time-travel-dc-twist-and-adam-strange.html
youtube.com/watch?v=TKlbfQqLVqE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WHAT THE FUCK

>Doomsday will be in the show.

So I assume that means the Doomsday in BvS wasn't the real Doomsday?

>Adam Strange
Way to get me interested

Johns said it’s unconnected to the films and the other shows.

>Hawkwoman
>Adam Strange

GL in Season 2?

>Scenes of Clark's grandparents and shit doing their alien thing in the past
>Cut to empty, silent space in the present

1) I'm not sure this is supposed to be in the movie universe
2) I think "Doomsday" in BvS is just what happens when you try to resurrect a Kryptonian the way Lex did. So like, it could happen to any other Kryptonian.

ALSO ADAM STRANGE HOLY SHIT!!!!!

I hope they actually go into Colu and the tyrants and all and don't just do boring Kryptonian computer Brainiac.

Hope this means DC cosmic gets a comics revival too though.

Based Cereal Lord does it again.

The voice in the ship says there are actually was an "original" Doomsday, the one in BVS is just a recreation in the form of the Mega-Zod. Also Johns stated at comic-con that this series is set in its own universe. Apparently a retcon of the earlier comment by Goyer that it would be a prequel to MOS.

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/krypton-panel-brainiac-adam-strange-hawkwoman-comic-con-2017-1023589

For sure

Maybe Mongul Sr, Despero, Lobo and Starro can appear as well.

It depends on the WHEN Krypton exploded, did it explode and Kal got instantly to Earth thru a wormhole or did he have to do the trip in cryo for 200 years at light-speed?

>Johns said it’s unconnected to the films and the other shows.

Wrong.

comicbook.com/dc/2017/06/08/is-krypton-part-of-the-dceu/

That was last month. I think Johns said what he said today, so...

newsarama.com/35573-syfys-krypton-has-a-time-travel-dc-twist-and-adam-strange.html

>Johns stated that Krypton will be seperate from the DCEU and other DC TV shows - that's despite original show co-creator David S. Goyer saying several years ago it would be connected to Man of Steel.

Just cast Jeffrey Combs as Brainiac again.

>Man of Steel logo
>Krypton looks like the Krypton we saw in Man of Steel

But whatever, I don't really care if shows are connected to movies anymore.

Dude, can you just not get it in your head that it's unconnected?

I can totally accept that and frankly it doesn't bother me, its just odd to me that they are clearly drawing from the visual look of Man of Steel - even taking the Man of Steel logo (someone which Supergirl didn't even do)

>Adam Strange

Tiny glimmer of hope for it now, but is Goyer still fronting it? They're filming this in my hometown, so if I see him around I'll probably spit on him.

They probably haven't truly decided yet and the success of it will determine where it happens.

>it takes place centuries ago on Krypton about the House of El

Wait...I thought this was going to be centered around Jor-El.

Do they even have the budget?

In BvS, the ship told Lex creating abominations was illegal on Krypton. so Doomsday is a general Kryptonian abomination using Zod's body with Lex's blood

probably, co-funded by Warners and Syfy and BSG looked pretty good.

>The panel admitted that they were well aware that a show focused entirely on Krypton's past would not be compelling enough to maintain an audience

Thank fuck, this is what turned me off from Gotham

No, Jor's daddy and Supes' birth granddaddy

Fuck I'm interested in this. Krypton is a potential gold mine. I've always thought a comic/show about them conquering the galaxy before the GLC beats them back would be awesome.

Gotham is still doing well ratings wise tho right?

Is that supposed to be Cabbagebitch?

Duh

Gotham is great doh

the brief SDCC promo they released...

youtube.com/watch?v=TKlbfQqLVqE

>Johns revealed some new, key information about the plot, including that it will stand on its own and exist in its own universe
Where are all the DCEUfags claiming it was in the DCEU becasue Goyer made a passing comment years ago now?

>Adam Strange and Hawkwoman
Katar gets snubbed once again.

>There are others [from Earth] already on Krypton and as the series progresses, we'll bring in some more [classic DC characters]."
Lex traveling to the past to raise Kal.

fucking hell
these absolute madmen that works at DC if they pull this

Honestly this is great since DCAU Krypton sucks.

And they might cast a new Superman for it now. Three Supermen at the same time has got to be a record.

With CW doing the multiverse thing, we can cast as many Superman as we want

Exactly

I wish the DCEU would embrace the multiverse too since that's the only thing they can do to one-up the MCU at this point.

Back when Flash was in just season 1, I hoped that Darkseid would be the final boss of DC movies and Anti-Monitor would be the boss of DC TVs
I still hope so, but who knows. I don't think the casts of movies and TV even interacted

>dc's shinsekai yori

The fuck about this is anything like Shinsekai Yori?

There was a discussion abou how dystopian really was Krypton Society.

Better than Carter.

The Zods are black so I don't think this is DCEU. Good

How exiting. The Cereal King and his best butt buddy in Hollywood bring us Not DCEU Krypton except

It's from the guy who wrote MoS. Neato.

Excite!

There is no "real" Doomsday. In DCEU, "Doomsday" is a monster made out of a modified Kryptonian corpse. In a way, that "Doomsday" was the continuation of Zod arc.

>ADAM STRANGE

holy shit Geoff you can't just namedrop him like it's not a big deal

>Adam Strange and Hawkwoman
>Time travel shenanigans
>Brainiac

I love it.