The 1,000,000 BC Avengers

ARE YOU READY?

How is there a Hulk in that time?

Gamma meteorite. Also 10,000 BC would've made more sense.

I WAS BORN, BORN READY
I WAS BORN, BORN READY
STARING AT THE PRESSURE NOW
I WON'T QUIT, NOT BACKING NOW
I WAS BORN, BORN READY
I WAS BORN, BORN READY

Unpopular opinion: this is a fun concept and would've been a great idea for a short arc in an Avengers ongoing, but it's stupid for Marvel to have hinged their big relaunch on it.
Actually, I'm not sure that that's unpopular, but I've seen a lot of people decrying the very concept of the Cavengers.
It's just a really buff Neanderthal.

Well that's a huge coincidence but ok.

It's a neanderthal Starbrand.

Coolest is the Dr. Strange analogue just straight up being Agamotto IMO. Both Odin and Iron Fist seem out of place.

Eh, Ghost Rider's stretching it a bit.

I appreciate how Ghost Rider looks like he cant believe this shit.

I am cautiously optimistic.

this is dumb and makes no sense. And I don't care about marvel events anymore

>the younger Thor gets the older he looks

BC>Marble

Isn't Agamotto a worm-like creature?

That seems like a completely reasonable opinion, not an unpopular one. Especially because Thor's story makes it evident this is just Aaron having fun with an idea he already had a while back.

>no Captain Caveman

1MYA is hundreds of thousands of years too early for Neanderthals.

This is an event? This just seems like a neat story idea.

UNGA BUNGA ROCK STOP

That's Odin, you casual shit.

Is that the first Black Panther

bashenga?

The concept is not entirely bad. The problem is like you said they hitched this to their big event or relaunch or whatever and it comes off like a disappointing reveal.

It's a case of overselling and Marvel seems to have forgotten not to do that.

>Same shitty Poser "art" as the Divided We Stand poster
How has this shithead not been fired yet? What goddamn asshole is responsible for This?

It's a comic book

1 million is a cooler and catchier number compared to one hundred thousand or ten thousand

>Completely reasonable opinion

fixed

Deodato rode in with Liefeld and hasn't been worth anything in years.

I just don't understand why Cavengers is being promoted by Marvel as if it's supposed to be some big thing

>literally a black man as a less evolved human
that's pretty progressive Marvel

Nah-ah, whosoever wields Mjolnir is Thor.
Odin was Thor.
Thor was Thor.
BRB was Thor.
Masterson was Thor.
Jane is Thor.
Read a fucking comic, pleb.

>MARVEL LEGACY #1 introduces the AVENGERS OF 1,000,000 BC – and that’s only the opening of the most important comic story of the year!

>PLUS!

>WHO SENT THE CALL FROM PLANET HULK?
>WHAT IS HUNTING FOR THE INFINITY STONES?
>WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CAPTAIN AMERICA?
>WHEN WILL THOR FIGHT THE WAR OF REALMS?
>WHY DOES JEAN GREY JOURNEY TO CANADA?
>HOW HAS THE BODY OF IRON MAN DISAPPEARED?

>The line-up of Marvel Legacy #1 includes THOR, IRONHEART, CAPTAIN AMERICA, JEAN GREY, IRON MAN, DEADPOOL, THE THING, ODINSON, DEADPOOL, LOKI, GHOST RIDER, DOCTOR STRANGE, THE HUMAN TORCH, GAMORA, IRON FIST, AND PRACTICALLY EVERY MARVEL CHARACTER EVER. MYSTERIES! RETURNS! INFINITE POSSIBILITIES!

DC already did it with Obsidian Age

>Now that Marvel has revealed the 1,000,000 B.C. Avengers, they've turned to asking questions about what "Legacy" means for the publisher's modern line. In a release, Marvel has posed six questions that will presumably be answered in Marvel Legacy #1 - the answers for some of which may be tied to the 1,000,000 B.C. Avengers themselves.

Here are the questions:

>Who sent the call from Planet Hulk?
>What is hunting for the Infinity Stones?
>Where in the world is Captain America?
>When will Thor fight the war of realms?
>Why does Jean Grey journey to Canada?
>How has the body of Iron Man disappeared?

If it goes well they'll probably make an ongoing out of it

I didn't expect them to get anything write with a premise this dumb. I'm just saying.

We've already seen a Viking Hulk.

>Jason Aaron sees a caveman posting thread on Sup Forums.
>HEH HEH HEH They said "BC vs. Marble." HEH HEH HEH
>You know, that idea would CHANGE THE INDUSTRY and NOTHING WILL BE THE SAME AGAIN.
And thus Cavengers was born.

What is this muscle called?

Out of all the characters here, only Phoenix doesn't make sense. Didn't even look like a phoenix until a couple thousand years ago.

Clearly Bitch Aaron wasn't done with the idea.

Yeah I don't get it, is it supposed to be a prologue for the next big event or is it just a 1 shot story?

Cancer

Could be fun, like all the designs expect for Starbrand Hulk. And I'm surprise that Marvel decided that replacing the X-Men with Inhumans wasn't such a good idea.

It's not an event, it's part of the Marvel Legacy one-shot and is probably leading to Aaron's Avengers run.

Please don't tell me he's planning on having teen Jean on his roster. I hate that bitch.

Liefeld.

THAT'S NAHT A TUMAH

>different races

Weren't they only just starting to branch out and migrate at that point?

Knowing Aaron, his Avengers roster will have a fair amount of "wacky" characters.

Whether you like that kind of stuff or not is up to you.

It's like they're trying to make me stop caring.

I'm 97% sure one of those characters will be gay.

Homo erectus was still around.

Iron Fist.

We have evidence of Homo erectus in Africa and Asia as far back as 1.8MYA, and in Europe around 1.2MYA. To be clear, Homo sapiens (Neanderthals and us) don't show up until about 0.35MYA. Presumably they would have had the same sort of physical characteristics we attribute to race (e.g. skin color) due to their environments.

fuck off with your gay shit! sorry, not sorry

>1,000,000 BC
Isn't that around the time the First Host of Celestials came to Earth and started experimenting on humans for a couple of weeks?

>Ghost Rider on a Mastodon
I can dig it

What do you call an Iron Fist from before the Iron Age?

He's still around. Ask your mom.

Its also too early for those modern day humans, but they don't care.

Judging by the third page here and Aaron tweeting "it ends with the final host," this is tied to that.

Bronze Fist

rugh huh points at hand

How is he so we'll groomed?

chief america was right

This is the dumbest shit I've ever seen. I won't even read this if it gets storytimed.

Kind of weird how now Odin is WAY older than he was in old stories and now Thor is way younger.

Broze age was only 3000 BC, this takes place before stone age....it's stupid

I expect Marvel to have plenty of them show up.

100,000 BC would also be sort of acceptable.

You probably don't read cape comics to begin with if that is actually the dumbest thing you've seen.
Fuck storytime of pain weekend was just last week user.

At least they used characters that can make KINDA sense in the setting instead of just giving a caveman a stone shield or a wool armour and call it a day

>cape comic is historically/scientifically inaccurate
No fucking way! Someone tell Stan Lee!

What you didn't want Captain Pangaea?

>Prehistoric Ghost Rider riding a motherfucking wolly mammoth

That better be Panther god and not just a dude. Iron fist seems way under powered for this team.

Be prepared for one of the female Cavengers to invent the word "mansplaining" and "manspreading". And be aware that you defended this.

I like the concept, I just think that 1,000,000 BC is way too far in the past.

You don't understand, user.
Marvel is doing a premise I don't like.

>WHO SENT THE CALL FROM PLANET HULK?
one of Hulk's sons? dunno
>WHAT IS HUNTING FOR THE INFINITY STONES?
Hank Schrader
>WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CAPTAIN AMERICA?
GROUNDED
>WHEN WILL THOR FIGHT THE WAR OF REALMS?
what does this even mean? hasn't the war already started?
>WHY DOES JEAN GREY JOURNEY TO CANADA?
who cares?
>HOW HAS THE BODY OF IRON MAN DISAPPEARED?
BENDISSSSS!

there must always be a hulk in all ages. (i dont mind this)

though he should look like the maestro

You sure about that?

Maybe that's why these guys aren't literally retarded cavemen, they were the first "humans" to be experimented on by Celestials.

this is almost as bad as the people who were screaming about GLs a while back because it too did not adhere to real world years

If that is the Savage Land it makes sense

>Iron Man: Caveman edition
>makes a stone armor from scraps he found IN A CAVE

nah, most of us in that thread were fine once we knew the history. it was the stupid art showing all the continents formed as they are now and the fact that mammal existed.

>Jean Grey

I don't want to stir up shit, but why do people cry about the mistreatment of the X-men so much if they're still prominent?

No, they should've used 10000 BC because humans started on our earth by then.

Marvel not following that is fucking retarded.

It's still NOT ENOUGH

It's not.

It's not the Savage Land.

Basically X fags want books to be good, like all characterfags, but they continue to buy shitty books and then get mad when it's not good.

Who wants to bet one of the events in this comic will be the vibranium meteorite crashing into what would become wakanda?

>Marvel not following that is fucking retarded.

It is a reference to a movie.

Yes, because the humanoids in this story are hairy apes, nothing like the Cavengers.