Usagi Yojimbo Reading list. Where are you guys at in this list? Ugh I feel like such a newb...

Usagi Yojimbo Reading list. Where are you guys at in this list? Ugh I feel like such a newb..I'm only in the mid of Book 1.

darkhorse.com/Blog/2562/usagi-yojimbo-reading-guide

Other urls found in this thread:

fantagraphics.com/usagiyojimbospecial/
stansakai.com/product/usagi-yojimbo-the-special-edition/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I just bought the Special Edition. Picked up the new TMNT crossover last week but I still haven’t read it.

How big is the crossover? is it trade paperback sized or just a single 32 page normal comic?

About 40 pages

Thanks... I'll probably try to get through this whole list..it'll take some time, but I"ll save the most current TMNT cross over for last.
So far I"m really like the comic series.
honestly, It reminds me A LOT of Samurai Jack...especially the more recent violent Jack episodes.

I finished Saga 3 awhile back and am waiting for a sale on comixology or something to get the next one

Nice... I'm looking to get a figure of Usagi. For whatever reason, him and Casey Jones are on my to get list since forever, but they're always jacked up in price.

Do I need to be caught up with the TMNT cartoon to watch the new Usagi crossover, or is it a self-contained thing?

Usagi is ridiculous in price because he wasn't produced as much as Casey and is super popular.

I actually don't think he's *that* popular, it's just that toy companies restrict his production numbers to make it give something collectors to chase after. Same with Casey.

It's a toy manufacturer conspiracy obviously.

I want a R rated Usagi movie.

You forgot Legends you goof.

Dark Horse made the list. It’s on the article anyway.

Eh, the crossover was just ok

Felt like just an excuse to have Usagi team up with the turtles and fight Jei

Which I guess all things considered, it was.

Oh really? I'm surprised they included the Special Edition since neither did they make it, nor is it in print any longer. Huh.

Surprised they didn't mention their artbooks or whatever they are.

Would be totally against the spirit of the comic.

It would be PG13 tops, mostly because even if it was bloodless, I'm not sure they'd get away with a PG movie with Usagi's body count.

Though the Incredibles got a PG, so who knows

I love the complex, yet simple art style with this. It looks so easy, much like Bone, but is so intense and complex. I need to read some more of this. I only knew the character from Ninja Turtles.

Completely self contained

Zootopia fucked me up because all I could think about was a Usagi movie like that

Well I guess they realized that it would be pretty confusing to not at least mention that there were stories before Dark Horse picked it up, especially since a lot is introduced in them.

Besides, its not like they lose money by mentioning them

Usagi has on panel decapitations though.

I've knocked off Usagi Yojimbo Saga 1-3.

Just got a copy of Usagi Yojimbo: The Special Edition for $86.00.

>Just got a copy of Usagi Yojimbo: The Special Edition for $86.00.

Where??? I can't find it for under $100 anywhere

Well, they do sell the digital versions of that era of stories.

Cool, I already downloaded the first episode of the crossover. Didn’t know it was written by Stan Sakai. Pretty cool.

fantagraphics.com/usagiyojimbospecial/
stansakai.com/product/usagi-yojimbo-the-special-edition/

Last time I tried it didn't go through because it's out of print...did this work for you?

Ive seen pg13 movies with decapitations

I just ordered from Fanta.

NICE

I still want a TV series now more than ever

>Well, they do sell the digital versions of that era of stories.

Ahhh that explains it.

I finally bought the Special Edition on Ebay for about 70 bucks last week. I waited too long and it's starting to spike in price.

Craptitfuck. I just got a copy on ebay for 81.53 total. (I said the wrong price here: )

It'd be neater to get it new and spiffy from the man himself for about that same price.

Eh...that's not that bad. I'm almost debating buying a few and reselling them to see what I can get.

applauds..congrats mate

I sort of want a Samurai Jack/Usagi YoJimbo X-over...

I'm still iffy on it. Usagi sounded too much like Samurai Jack, and I'm too used to hearing a particular voice in my head for Jei

I liked Usagi's voice in this better than the previous cross overs

I have the Fantagraphics books (took advantage of a sale to get the Special Edition), and I've read most of the Dark Horse stuff that got posted on Sup Forums a while back.

Still need to do a more comprehensive read of the Dark Horse stuff, though.

Got them all. Now preparing to order Legends (I only lack Space Usagi, but it's enough of a reason for me). I hope another Saga tome follows soon, since 3 trades which would make one are already on sale. If there won't be any information in three months, I'm ordering TPB instead and I'll switch to Saga when it comes out for consistency on shelf.

Although Fantagraphics' stuff is really good and essential, the series truly began to soar under Dark Horse. You won't regret getting those as well.

Any links to episode 2?