/DISCO/ - Star Trek Discovery

Wow.

It's settled. Star Trek: Discovery had the best season a Trek show has ever had! I can't wait for Season 2 on CBS ALL ACCESS!

Discuss DISCO/DIS now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RWsx_8oCsBE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Strong PoC womyn and gentlexirs... your host of After Trek!
>OMG DISCO OMG KLINGONS OMG TRIBBLES OMG SAREK OMG ENTERPRISE XD *dabs on the Orville*

Episodes 1-9 were fucking shit. I'd rather watch the episode with the space Irish, Shades of Grey, Platos Children, Threshold and the Ent finale on repeat for 48 hours than watch those STD ones ever again.

IT BROKE NEW GROUND

That's a bit harsh, user. Just pretend like you know the cast personally so you can't hate their work without being embarrassed.

I like Tilly's new look.

If the show wasn't called Star Trek and some of the designs and names were different I'd really like it.

It's a shame, really. Both the idea that Star Trek canon is officially dead, and that there's a new, pretty decent sci-fi show that I simply cannot enjoy because it raped Star Trek to death.

that was spock at the end, right? OMG SPOOOCK, std is soooo good

Leonard Nemoy is dead, user.

Even google images agrees that discovery is shit.
>All crews look like they work together, get things done, have a no-nonsense approach and don't take kindly to injustice
meanwhile, on discovery:
>Yeah we're badasses, we don't even care about the camera and we aren't afraid to show our fasers if you have a problem with that. We're so kewl...

Quinto hasn't been doing anything these days.... Wait, what if? he's the captain

lol don't you mean Zachary Quinto?

This isn't your mom's star trek

I'm proud that star trek is so inclusive towards the mentally handicapped.

greenwood and quinto better be in S2

>/DISCO/

youtube.com/watch?v=RWsx_8oCsBE

Redpill me on STD
Is it still locked behind a ridiculous paywall

I thought ads weren't allowed on Sup Forums unless you paid for them. So is cbs paying Sup Forums for all this spam?

the site is called rarbg.com

*sips soymilk*

*closes legs together on public transport*

*tucks in t shirt from macy's mens*

*soy swoons*

I love DISCO!

thats just a sereotype

Why would you want a 61 year old playing a man who is 37. In fact why do you want anything to do with those abominable pieces of shit masquerading as Star Trek movies..

1. who's 37?
2. take a shill pill

See, cuckolds, this is what a real Klingon looks like.

We can shit on JewJew's Trek all day long but Greenwood did a great job with what he had.

Pike is 37. He's 34 in the cage. This is three years later.

right, right. im sure they'll be accurate about that

literally none of these things are offensive

I just watched that shit an hour ago and I forgot what happened other than some shoehorned intro music. This show is horrible.

inb4 Pike is a woman.

not everything has to be offensive, user

God that was terrible

Advertising is against Sup Forums rules.

Offensive no, annoying yes.

i actually liked the ending with the tos theme. it worked well

and played by Idris Elba

This is unironically the worst scifi show of the last five years. Even worse than altered carbon.

>Tilly goes on a mission
>everything is put on hold beacause she's hungry
>starts eating something from an orion shop
>Tyler says it's space meat
>she throws up
Oh yeah because now you can't eat meat? You didn't get morbidly obese throughout the season while eating soy-based products, sweetie.

Fuck Discovery, can I just get a show about best emperor?

>tfw everything needs to be at face value just in case someone might get triggered.

soy me up, sempai

It's because it was the meat of a poor endangered cetacean (think Japanese whale/dolphin-hunting), not because it was meat.

>they made the trekkie sign a vagina allegory

FUCKING
KEK

It was a space whale you retard. Like the one they went out of their way to try and save earlier on in the season.

You leave Tilly the fuck alone!

>show from the 60s best known for being progressive-left
>all its episodes have a moral about equality and tolerance
>now 2017
>"fans" hate new show for being literally the same thing

>tfw they didnt unleash a tribble plague on the klingons

i'm glad tribbles were let go. it was a shit alien animal and it died on time.

tolerance.
Solves problem by giving world destroying weapon away for black mail.
>Starts preaching about values like 5 minutes later.

damn, Asa Akira really is insatiable.

They literally had a tribble on Lorcas desk,
It was set up but they didn't slam dunk the season.

i didn't think the end was worth a shit either i'm just saying look at this retarded thread

>fan arts of this quality

>deleting Tyler's neckbeard

INTO THE TRASH!

Who's the Japanese guy next to Saru?

Tyler

>retarded show
>result is retarded thread.
woah amazing.

yeah that pissed me off af
>we are honorable, i am the new leader
>klingons laugh at her
>*raises ipad with detonator app*
>make me leader or I destroy our homeworld

I don't see any honor in that. Also the klingon ships about to attack on Earth retrieved immediately. Shit trek.

if u can tell who the characters are, then it's good enough. yo hard to please doof.

they're klingons. they don't have the same moral compass humans do. have you never seen star trek before?

worf wouldnt have committed genocide to prove a point

>giving tyler a chin

It’s phenomenal.

Name a single Klingon leader from DS9 who would act in such a retarded manner.

>WE WUZ TILLYYYY

shit argument - in fact I have been watching tng, voy, ds9 and ent for about past half year.
I very much understand klingon moral values.

klingons are like samurais

>They know enough about Kronos that they can teleport inside of a cave deep below the surface no problem
>They know so little about Kronos that they can't locate volcanoes
>They can't locate shrines, either

That's clearly Miko Lee.

Did anyone else squee in delight when they saw the Enterprise? I mean, it's the ENTERPRISE!

It was the worst rendition of the Enterprise to date.

The ending was about as retarded as the episode they killed Lorca in was, which was the most retarded episode in any show I ever watched. I'm not even going to go into it, it's obvious and there's too much for a single post anyways.
Both of these episodes shit all over an otherwise mediocre show, which is a shame, since there's so little sci-fi to begin with, and virtually no sci-fi that has good production values.

The diversity in the show is actually not an issue whatsoever unless you are a drooling Sup Forums drone. People just happen to be minorities, their characters are written normal, they don't draw attention to it, they don't shit on whites or men, nothing, they are just not white guys, which is perfectly fine.

Can they PLEASE not go full imbecile with their science though?
>This is a hydro bomb, it creates massive amounts of water out of nowhere, if you do this in a vulcanoe, large land masses will evaporated by the steam
I unironically hope that whoever signed off on this and the other "science" descriptions in this show dies. It's one thing to use made up words that mean nothing, it's another to blatantly contradict basic and intuitive physics.

And this concludes the best Star Trek season of the history

Best crew, best friends

a bit too angry and bitter.

I can't wait until lorca takes over Tilly's body

You know Star Trek Discovery is a success when you have fan art of this quality

Haha.. those plebbitors... so silly! Got any more screencaps from plebbit, friend? I TOTALLY want to read more reddit posts to mock their silliness in a star trek thread. Haha!

DUDE VOLCANOS.

me like

Love the show. The finale was dumb but things like Tilly being adorable and canonical confirmation Klingons have two dicks was cool.

They should have ended it with the Empress unleashing the augment virus causing the Klingons to rush home and Starfleet covering the whole thing up.

Reminder that Miniature Spacecraft is a bot or human using scripts to derail STD threads. Do not respond to him, he will only copy paste crap.

The ending is maybe one of the best ending in the TV-show universe

>Enterprise on screen
>The TOS theme

>Tilly is black now
>not fat
>no warts on her face
wew

Lorca had a tribble on his desk as a set up for a story with Voq/Tyler that never happened because "muh subversion".

another pretty good fan art

Just leave him be. He's not hurting anybody.

She’s orangeish-red.

He will make people waste time and effort. They reply to him thinking they can have a discussion, but he will just copy paste something at best marginally in response.

>You are born just in time to see the best Star Trek show

Would love to know what Fuller's original vision and story was. Too bad the network and trekkies complained not mah trek as liked how the opener was different while angering fanboys.

I don't see how Star Trek Discovery could be better

>Perfect cast
>Perfect acting
>Perfect aesthetic
>Mirror universe
>Klingon war
>The USS Enterprise

this
james bond all over again

some dont like it

>thread 2 hrs old
>33 unique posters,not all saying positive things
>86 posts

wow this show is really popular and deserves its own general

It's still the best first season since TOS. Just want to know what the differences were and if the rushed finale would have been fixed.

BLACK ALERT
BLACK ALERT

Did the writers say something? If not, you read way too much into the tribble, which I saw as just a simple easteregg for trek fans.

leave us alone, hater