Literally the gretest sympathetic villain of all time. I dare you to name me a better one I'm genuinely curious...

Literally the gretest sympathetic villain of all time. I dare you to name me a better one I'm genuinely curious, sympathetic villains are a favorite trope of mine

Favorite trope thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h8pU92yzLQQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That role keaton played in that nu-spiderman movie

>Literally the gretest sympathetic villain of all time. I dare you to name me a better one
Moses.

>I will not be the weak link!
kino

saw this coming from a mile away

Hitler

Yet you can't say it's wrong.

>Hitler
>villain

Protip: This is the bad-end timeline.

Here's mine

Roy I honestly wanted to win. He just wanted to live.

Satan. I'm not even kidding. Read Paradise Lost. God is a cunt for what he did to Lucifer.

Nah be did nothing wrong
>inb4 oy vey

Oh yeah... what role did he play again?

The Vulture.

Bane's character in The Revenant.

What's wrong with his face?

Kino show.

>Sultan was a fucking idiot
>Princess was a spoiled brat
>intelligent and ambitious sorcerer who deserved to rule
>foiled by a fucking street rat

Not exactly tragic but there’s always a part of me rooting for him to win

>I will not die a Jewish slave
daring and heart wrenching in equal measure

Prince nuada from hellboy 2.
He was trying to not just save his kind, but all magical species kind from humanity. Literally did nothing wrong.

Objectively correct.

>implying Jasmine wouldn't have gotten into it after a day or two anyway

Probably because it's Alan Rickman.

Gastonia as well.
>strongest hunter in village
>but not the brightest
>fall in love with girl but get rejected
> she's gets kidnapped by a monster
>he rally's the town to save her
>dies trying

How awful it must be. To be among a few on the run being hunted, knowing your time is extremely limited and you're just gambling for a chance to extend the life of yourself and your dear companions. You'd do anything to try and make it happen and as time passes you slowly begin to see how hopeless it all is.

Gaston
Fucking phone.

Jafar was probably the least sympathetic Disney villain after Frollo
I mean, Jafar was the second most powerful man, and the Sultan was a retard that was easily convinced of all but the hardest to believe lies
Sure, Jasmine didn't fall his shit, but that wouldnt be a problem if Jafar played his act like he genuinely tried to assist
Because her husband, whoever that would have been if Jafar didn't fuck around would probably believe Jafar as well

I liked Hades a lot more as a sympathetic villain

And he still smiled in the end.

>get assigned shittiest possible job by your brother
>try to remain upbeat and show up for your newborn nephew
>everyone laughs at you because fuck you
I'd be mad.

What a champ.

Disney Hades is a villain, but they could have played him as a guy who's just trying to do his job but gets a bad rep because he deals with death, but doesn't actually cause it or even torture people. He just doesn't let them get out.

Noximillien

You all know this guy was gonna be here

you know it's true

Unironically this desu

Dubs of truth

>physically unable to control his emotions
>becomes what he hates
>comes to accept it

Capeshit deconstructed in 1990. Kino

So why didn't god just appear before him and tell him to let the jews go?
It seems like this would have solved the whole thing.

It's a story glorifying Jew's victim complex and subsequent justification as a chosen people. Out of all the parables and stories in the bible, the epic of Moses is the one with absolutely no credibility or proof to have ever occurred.

Ironically in the mythological version Hades is the clever brother who pretends the Underworld is the shittiest third of creation to get so as to make sure his less subtle brothers give it to him, not realizing that the earth is full of gold and jewels and all the other riches people covet.

Hades is just a Faustian devil character. he wasn't sympathetic, just oozing with charisma. Jafar meanwhile we can infer was actually running the entire Sultanate since the Sultan was a moron. Why shouldn't he get upset when some foreign princeling marches in and expects to be handed all his hard work on a silver platter just because he's going to bone the Sultan's slut daughter?

t. Kike rabbi jealous he didn't get to speak with God on Mt. Sinai

The historical context of the story is truly bizarre and a mix of lots of different time periods. There was a point in history where the idea of a Jewish God (as in, there was more than one at one point) telling a Pharoah what to do and being taken seriously on its own merits would be ridiculous, because fucking everyone had Gods and they were real. Note that the Egyptian priests are able to mimic several of Moses' feats in the Biblical story. The original meaning is not that the Egyptian Gods are false, but that the Jewish God is stronger than the Egyptian Gods, because it's a nationalist myth.

Yahweh didn't just show up and order the Pharoah around because the Pharoah wouldn't listen. He first had to prove that he was stronger than the Pharoah or his patrons.

>trope
fuck off and kill yourself

>roastie worshiping

That's only one version of the myth. In another, he literally draws the short straw.

What's your problem, fag?

I always forget these unorganized pagan religions have like 15 versions of the same story

>he was just doing his job killing jews and wanted a quiet retirement.

jews carved a swastika into his head and murdered soldiers in cold blood

Discount zig zag + prince of egypt.

>Roy I honestly wanted to win.
He can't, you retard.

Batty was alive and he wasted his life trying to extend it. He was a retard.

>wife fucking his son
>doesn't straight kill her but slowly vegetates her
>wanted to maintain order and beauty in sync with heaven
>younger son both try to overthrow him

DID NOTHING WRONG

>>doesn't straight kill her but slowly vegetates her
What does this mean?

Yeah, but thats half the reason I love them. At each reading it's like a CYOA story.

>half of your religion is headcanon slashfic
How did they do it?

how the FUCK has no-one posted him yet

What I love about Greek mythology is they have an entire complex, complete Pantheon that nobody even worshiped in the Titans. I have to wonder what that says about them and their early history. Were they the Gods of the occasionally mentioned "Pelasgic" people that were in Greece before them, even?

I mean plenty of cultures have some power or powers being overthrown by their Gods in the early days of creation, but very rarely are these predecessors so detailed that they could easily be used as an alternative pantheon.

put a mushroom in a tea for her to drink which slowly drained her mental capacity so she can remain an empress as is her duty, rather than chopping her head off

She was just doing her job.

Made by the king of capeshit kino also

Old Sup Forums is dead

>put a mushroom in a tea for her to drink which slowly drained her mental capacity so she can remain an empress as is her duty,
How did she react to this? this is relevant to my fetishes, I need details.

>nuada

They did.

>reading fanfiction

this

Unironically this. Humanity solved multiculturalism by just importing all the workers each day on super fast trains powered by the unobtanium. If those trains stopped working, humanity would implode. Quaritch even tried to be merciful by just smoking them out. If the blue turbolanklets had been more reasonable there would have been no war.

First I was thinking of Ozai, and wanted to tell you you're dead wrong
But then this came along and realize that you're fucking right

That's not so much a case of a villain being sympathetic as the "heroes" being utterly unsympathetic

Watch the film, ffs.

The only sympathetic avatar villains were Zaheer and Kuvira

I will if it turns out it corresponds well to my fetishes.

Source? I am but a simple pleb, but I wish to learn.

they said villain so Immortan Joe is disqualified in this case. he was a hero whose exploits were tragically cut short.

the most sympathetic 'villan' of all time coming through

>he was a hero whose exploits were tragically cut short.
It is better to burn out than to fade away.

I'd agree with you if I know anything about how he managed water. For all we know they were fucked in the long term after replacing him, or maybe he was just an ass

its kino regardless watch it fagot it turns out fantastically

>I'm the bad guy?

Sindrome

I can't wait for The Incredibles 2

Ichimonji Hidetora in Ran. He made bad decisions but he's still sympathetic.

The greatest

Sam Raimi's DARKMAN.

Gets too cartoonish at the end.

Finally someone who gives this film some credit!

This movie gave us the greatest movie scene in history.
youtube.com/watch?v=h8pU92yzLQQ

Will give a watch, thank you.
Any other kino I should study?

To be frank, I think the Prince of Egypt is the most praised animation movie on Sup Forums and maybe Sup Forums too
Not that strange however, it got just about everything you'd want in animation

Problem Child 2.

It says God is actually the one who hardened pharoahs heart so that the power of the Lord would be remembered and taught for generations.
Moses has a whole conversation with God about it. Read the story retard