George Lucas revisionism

Can you really say that George Lucas ever cared about you when he was adamantly against the the Original Trilogy remaining untampered?
youtube.com/watch?v=RNbzSH84mj0
youtube.com/watch?v=uvbrVFP_f0w
youtube.com/watch?v=FmWjPoqEhzg
youtube.com/watch?v=a2obEPFGrMs
I'm glad they pried that senile fuck away from Star Wars.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pZ5zWkzNXTU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah. A lot of the changes were a bit shit. Still they were actual movies with, like, a vision and a bit of soul. Like if you look at Star Wars Lucas was taking ideas and images from Samurai movies, comic books, myths, 1950s movie serials and melding it all together into its own thing. The new films are just melding together bits and pieces of old Star Wars movies.

Still, I will agree with you on one front: the special edition of New Hope is shit. Not because of any one scene or the CG work, its shit because the film looses its pacing. Lucas added so much shit to that movie that the whole cut feels slower.

>RotJ poster has Luke holding a blue lightsaber instead of green
Explain that shit, George.

He's allowed to change his own movies to exploit idiots that will rebuy the same thing again.

looks better

what is your problem?

Why the fuck did add those extra rocks? How would R2 have even gotten in there?

i think the special editions will always be the thing that killed star wars for me, not disney, not the prequels.
Those other 2 are trying to tell a story while tripping and fumbling but ultimately have something to enjoy while the special edition is at times is downright rape of a classic trilogy.

>looks better
wha..
yeah a musical number in star wars really made the film look better.

Gotta keep the color palette down to the typical tones- blue and orange.

the blue didn't look good in day light.

>ESB
>RotJ
>his movies

The only problem I had with it is George ordering the original versions to never be reprinted ever again. That was unprecedented and downright malicious.

Wait, I get why the stormtroopers couldn't see R2 with the rocks, so that change makes sense, but how could Obi Wan see him?

sounds better too ok

The Force, of course.

that hack hated living under the shadow of his creation.

Oh, I get it now. Yeah, the SE is much better in every respect.

Imagine how beautiful it would be if we had a cleaned up, completely restored transfer of the original versions, with no alterations. Just thinking about it makes me sad.

You know the fans are working on that, right?
youtube.com/watch?v=pZ5zWkzNXTU
They're going to have the original film completely done in another month or two

Talk about a tired discussion

That's not a despecialized version either. The fans are actually remastering original 35mm prints and digitizing them.