Why do people hate this movie?

Why do people hate this movie?

I've watched it for first time the last saturday and it was pretty good, probably the best sequel.

Do they? I've never seen much hate for it. I really liked it but I can though I can see some getting annoyed at the proto-scream meta stuff.

New Nightmare is great, who hates it?

Not as awesome as Dream Warriors tho

I never heard anyone say they hate it. I heard some complaints that it's underwhelming.

Freddy's Dead, on the other hand...

seen no hate about it here

>probably the best sequel
nah

1 > 3 > 4 > 2 > 5 > FvJ > New Nightmare > reboot > Freddy's Dead

This is the full meta one right? Self aware movie has Freddy in the "real" world.

man i tried to watch freddy's dead awhile ago and it's literally a cartoon

No, it's a perfect Freddy movie.

1 > 3 > NN > 2 > 4 > 5 > FvJ > 6 > reboot

i think the big problem with the movie is what this user said, . i was a kid when i saw it and expected another straightforward slasher and ended up with some weird meta movie.

i think it's pretty good if you go in understanding it's not a regular nightmare on elm street. but if you don't then it's pretty boring compared to seeing a bunch of teenagers get brutally murdered with cool special effects.

It's non canon to the ongoing storyline, so people skip it.

Is the reboot so bad?

Still better than Freddy's Dead.

IT IS.

it's extremely forgettable, say what you want about Freddy's Dead but at least it's memorable

Pic Related

that kid is more annoying than scary, god damn, that's what kills the movie for me

its boring, which a surreal horror movie about a dream demon shouldn't be.

Actually, it's often given inordinate praise. It's okay but Dream Warriors and the gay one are better.

The reboot is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I think Freddy's Dead is much better.

Nah I rate them based on how much they work as horror and how much they work as comedy, so the first movie + New Nightmare and Freddy's Dead + Freddy vs Jason are the top 4 because they represent the extremes of the series, the rest are all comparable with 2 and 3 having a bit more critical relevance

Yeah, even considered within horror remake territory it's one of the worst

>probably the best sequel
no

3 and 4 are superior

2 is a guilty pleasure