Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?

Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?

Batman vs Superman killed the brand.

Then how do you explain WW's relative success?

Nothing. It was decent.

Joss Whedon, WB execs.

They should have let the man finish his trilogy.

Because it had nothing to do with the timelines established in MOS and BVS

movie tickets as a political statement

cgi up the ass retarded villain

>guys where competing with marvel I know lets get steppenwolf as villain instead of darkseid and grannny

Joss Whedon and the reshoots, a movie like that should cost 300 million.

What? Are you retarded?

It wasn't just a relative success, compared to its budget it's one of the most successful capeshits ever. They should stop this cinematic universe cringe shit and just do stand alone movies

this. standalone films are fine. self contained trilogies like TDK and Raimi Spiderman are fine. But DC should stop trying to compete with Marvel for the cinematic universe and just go with films that have an interesting premise first and then decide how to take that character's individual series.

I misread your question, that's why I think the movie itself isn't terrible and could be salvaged because it's not fully snydered

The critics. And Whedon.

For DC, they should just have them be in the same universe but let each of the properties operate independently.. like the comics. Crossovers could come about organically instead of just shoe-horned in every X amount of months

Wonder Woman, aside from the pointless beginning and end scene, was a mediocre capeflick. They should do the same for Batman, Flash, Shazam!, etc. No post-credits scenes. No planned crossover events or world building. If they have an idea for a crossover or it would work out organically (like Hulk did in Thor Ragnarok) then go for it.

Joss Whedon reshoots
2 hour runtime
Changing Steppenwolf design midway leading to worse CG
Fucking over Zack.

Isn't it convenient to blame him?

f.f.s. I'm shaking right now.

those things only happened because they saw how unwatchable Snyder's version was, it saved the movie from bombing even harder

The movie would have made more money without Whedon shitting it up as the inflated costs of reshoots wouldn’t have to have been covered.

they learned absolutely nothing from the Suicide Squad fiasco
they thought that was profitable with the entire world against it then Justice League would've survive on brand recognition alone
boy they were wrong

Everything from Man of Steel onwards. Batman v Superman turned the DC name into dirt.

Hack Snyder

zack snyders cut was removed by execs