Voltron: Legendary Defender /vld/

Nicholas Lopez
Nicholas Lopez

Do you think Matt is going to become part of the main cast after Pidge finds him? Will he(and maybe his rebel group) move onto the castle ship, or will they continue operating more in the background?

And what do you think the writers are going to do about Dad Holt? Has he died offscreen, or will Matt and Pidge do a joint rescue mission, or what?

All urls found in this thread:
http://autumn-sacura.tumblr.com/post/164101569573/my-aunts-handmaids-girlfriend-works-as-janitor-in
https://laurenmontgomery.deviantart.com/art/Guess-Who-59474003
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzocvh60xBU
https://youtu.be/XapTx13cXpA?t=28s
http://www.strawpoll.me/13694187
https://poal.me/
http://www.rotoscopers.com/2017/08/10/interview-with-joaquim-dos-santos-and-lauren-montgomery-of-voltron-legendary-defender/
Luis Butler
Luis Butler

First for Kuron!

Isaiah Fisher
Isaiah Fisher

Matt will be a background character and Dad Holt is dead

Isaiah Bailey
Isaiah Bailey

I hope Matt becomes a regular on the ship like Coran and the mice and they don't ship him off to somewhere else but I can see them doing it.

Matthew Green
Matthew Green

I think Sam's got the #1 chance of being killed off and #2 for a heroic sacrifice (behind Kolivan), but I'm not convinced they have the balls to do it.

Caleb Powell
Caleb Powell

Character and personality wise, was Keith at his best in the Blade of Mamora episode?

Dylan Edwards
Dylan Edwards

He's such a special boy.

Angel Brooks
Angel Brooks

I mostly want Matt to be part of the main roster-- the only real point against it that I can see is, with Shiro being the mentor figure, the narrative really wants him to be less available to the rest of the main characters. Assuming they find the real Shiro soon-ish I could see wanting to ship him off with Matt to do rebel things on the ground, because it makes the dynamic of the remaining characters more interesting when they don't have that rock to depend on.

Jonathan Robinson
Jonathan Robinson

I think that was the episode he was most tolerable in.

Austin Stewart
Austin Stewart

You know that would end in more muh Shiroing and we can't handle another season of that.

Kevin Stewart
Kevin Stewart

I believe they confirmed in an interview that Dad Holt isn't dead. If they hadn't said that, I'd agree with you 100%. I'm imagining a scene between Pidge and Matt where Pidge gets really excited that they'll be able to work together to find Sam faster, and Matt has to break the news to her.

His single best moment for me was the line that went something like "Look, I'm glad we're all making fun of Lance." I find him so boring so much of the time (including blade of marmora ep), he's only been likable when he's been able to have a sense of humor. Some of his funnily clueless moments have been good too.

Jacob Johnson
Jacob Johnson

I could see them tying it into Keith's character arc. If he finally accepts that he has to learn to get by without his mentor around, that'd be a good moment for him.

Owen Sullivan
Owen Sullivan

I like that Keith doesn't bother to return fire on Lance often, but when he does Lance gets seriously triggered.

I really enjoyed him in the BoM ep though, and I hope they're taking the direction of having him focus his stubborn nature more productively instead of trying to make him overcome it all together.

Jordan Thomas
Jordan Thomas

I've seen a lot of complaints about the show being tied to the quips and silly moments but I honestly don't think they're the problem. Avatar had the same kind and amount of jokes as Voltron does, only with maybe a little less fat jokes.

I think the real problem is that the show lacks the same emotional depth and pacing that Avatar had with the characters not being as developed, making the quips stand out.

Ryder Carter
Ryder Carter

I hope we get a "Leave them and join my team" thing from Lotor in October. It's just too juicy for him to not take advantage of, and if Acxa hasn't told him, she will soon.

Yes I'm aware I asked this in the last thread but I had to go run some errands and when I came back the thread was archived.

Blake Taylor
Blake Taylor

I love Keith all the time except in S3E3 but I know it was necessary for him to git gud.

Blake Ramirez
Blake Ramirez

I think season 3 did a way better job on the comedy front than the previous seasons. I agree though that they're not developing the characters enough, and especially not developing their interpersonal relationships enough. Season 3 gave us some good Lance & Allura moments, but not much else.

It's possible that they're just willing/able to take it slow since they know off the bat exactly how many episodes they're gonna have. Still, I wish they'd spend more time on the characters outside of missions.

Mason Kelly
Mason Kelly

I hope so too. Something also tells me (my tinfoil hat) that Keith and Lotor are the same sort of halfbreeds.

Kevin Nguyen
Kevin Nguyen

Can someone link me to the last thread actually? I'm dumb and don't know how to find it.

Kayden Gutierrez
Kayden Gutierrez

Zarkon had an affair with McCree and got him pregnant?

Ryan Ward
Ryan Ward

i could buy this, though I'm biased in that I love all the goofy moments where they are arguing over time-slices and shit. it's also pretty interesting that the JP fandom seems to find the character relationships to be really well done, i wonder what the difference there is?

Colton Fisher
Colton Fisher

I really think the recruitment deal is going to happen at some point from Lotor. The question is whether it will be a 10 second moment in the final episode where he asks and Keith responds with an "I'll never join you", or the plot of an episode, or anything inbetween.

Ethan Walker
Ethan Walker

Wouldn't you?

Xavier Morgan
Xavier Morgan

Pretty sure the rebels with him are connected to Romelle somehow. I can't remember if we've seen the faces of his rescuers yet, but a high tech mask to hide their features makes sense to me if they're trying to keep survival of alteans a secret.

Alexander Reed
Alexander Reed

I absolutely adored the "seconds vs ticks" scene, maybe my favorite moment in the show so far. I also really like how the humans have started using Altean units of time measurement more and more.

Nicholas Baker
Nicholas Baker

Or perhaps the Alteans "became" Polluxians in order to deter suspicion? Maybe instead of being at war with one another as it was in DotU and Golion, they are the runaway survivors.

Elijah Carter
Elijah Carter

Well the Japanese barely talk to each other. So there's that.

Kayden Garcia
Kayden Garcia

Look at how static and awkward interpersonal relationships in anime are, even in romance ones. The nips are great at plot but look at how stunted their character interactions are from a western viewpoint, of course they think the interactions in this show are great.

Gabriel Jones
Gabriel Jones

Is Romelle confirmed to show up in later seasons, or is it just speculation? What about Nanny, any chance of her?

Brandon Miller
Brandon Miller

this is absolutely going to happen but the real question is how. either with Keith becoming more isolated from the team and Lotor targeting him because of this (and probably having a hand in it), or Keith allying with him willingly for his own reasons, either genuine or as a ruse. it's pretty open so far, considering they haven't even met face to face yet

Jaxon Rivera
Jaxon Rivera

Matt is probably going to be part of the B-group with Kuron and Romelle, and other rebels. Maybe Slav too if he stops being a bitch in this reality.

Joseph Garcia
Joseph Garcia

It's all speculation at this point. We know from the fact that Lauren is a Romelle fan that she will without any doubt be in VLD. Also there was that Altean girl from the studio leaks.

Nanny is very hard to say. People definitely remember her but not very fondly. She always got in the way, but I am willing to forgive it if they make her a THICC MILF.

Lincoln Sanchez
Lincoln Sanchez

It would be interesting to see Keith pretend to join him with Shiro taking over black for a bit during the ruse. It may even be a chance to see Galra form Keith.

Joshua Sanchez
Joshua Sanchez

Lance having the hang of Altean time while still being shit at earth counting is a good ass running joke

Luis Harris
Luis Harris

One thing I hate in anime is confessions. Sure at that age it can be nerve wracking to do so. But why confess to someone you've never spoken to? Half the time I see that shit it's like that or they haven't even tried to see if they could be friends. Really irks me in their high school/young stuff. Generally series on older protago nists and such seem to avoid this though.

Henry Rogers
Henry Rogers

Matt is gonna become the blue lion because Lance is gonna be gone for the next three years.
After breaking out of Galran captivity he will stat doing his own thing and the team will stat forgetting him.
Matt will become Hunk's new best friend and Pidge will be not even a hundredth as persistent on her search for Lance. She will mostly just play games with Matt.

Dylan Lopez
Dylan Lopez

It's because you don't understand how emotionally stunted the nips are.

Asher Wood
Asher Wood

He's such a bimbo.

Thomas Foster
Thomas Foster

From what I understand it's a cultural thing, like boys and girls in school interact/form friendships with each other a lot less over there than in the West. Definitely feels super weird to me, but I can't really fault them for including something that really does happen.

Brody Myers
Brody Myers

with the reveal of Zarkon's wife being Haggar, this is almost certainly Romelle

Hunter Russell
Hunter Russell

A cute. Why does she only have the mark on one cheek?

Wyatt Reyes
Wyatt Reyes

relationships in Voltron are awkward, stilted, forced, or underwritten
Japanese basically personify all this

It's not surprising and it doesn't reflect well on this show.

Jaxon Robinson
Jaxon Robinson

Shiro gets the cutest girl

Joshua Jenkins
Joshua Jenkins

When is nanny going to show up to beat the shit out of Lance

Nathaniel White
Nathaniel White

Maybe she's a half breed?

Gavin Martin
Gavin Martin

She's going to be big and purple.

Asher Nguyen
Asher Nguyen

irl Japanese people are underwritten

It's funny because it's true.

Hudson Parker
Hudson Parker

Maybe the single marked Alteans were being discriminated by the doubles and left and made their own uhh race and thus Pollux?

REMEMBER. POLLUX IS A TWIN.

Aiden Perez
Aiden Perez

When he hits on Romelle.

Asher Thompson
Asher Thompson

For some reason my gut is telling me that the reason they're making a point to focus on Acxa's loyalty to Lotor means that she's eventually going to defect. They doth protest too much, or something.

Ryan Butler
Ryan Butler

And the reason why Keith is on Earth.

Levi Evans
Levi Evans

Oh shit maybe though

Ian Powell
Ian Powell

i figured most nipfans of VLD would be westaboos in the first place, and be more acquainted with western style character writing

Noah Myers
Noah Myers

I like to think Keith is an experiment and Blade Nanny stole Keith and somehow landed on Earth and plowed McCree with her purple thiccness.

Angel Adams
Angel Adams

Thoughts?

Blake Green
Blake Green

Unfortunately Keith is way to hot headed for that kind of an infiltration mission.

Aiden Williams
Aiden Williams

Hopefully they won't change this and give her a dorito chin like the majority of the cast. I wonder what color her skin will be?

Ian Johnson
Ian Johnson

I don't think Lance is taller than Keith.

Carter Fisher
Carter Fisher

When will Nanny spank Keith?

Brayden Torres
Brayden Torres

this is gaaaaaaaaaay

Cooper Davis
Cooper Davis

I wonder what color her skin will be?

Coran brown with blonde hair.

Isaiah Johnson
Isaiah Johnson

Lance will fucking die - but how is the question?
One thing is sure, he will be forgotten fast.

Caleb King
Caleb King

the nip is the tallest human
shameful

Kevin Morris
Kevin Morris

Will we get more alternate reality shenanigans?

Jace Sanders
Jace Sanders

right now he is, I could see his arc leading into it though. he has shown the capacity for craftiness, like in the BoM trial and recently in the comet episode

Logan Jones
Logan Jones

When he fails to kill a freedom bird with his own hands. BoM-Nanny will not tolerate that weak shit.

And it's incest!

Camden Davis
Camden Davis

And when I say Coran brown, I mean his light shade of brown. Just to make people mad.

Levi Price
Levi Price

He is, Lance is the tall lanky type and Keith is a bit of a manlet

Luke Fisher
Luke Fisher

It's not gay if they are brothers.

Evan Lewis
Evan Lewis

When Lance marries Sven.

John Lopez
John Lopez

Keith becoming more isolated from the team and Lotor targeting him because of this (and probably having a hand in it)

So I know I'm not the only one who believes that Keith can turn purple. He's the only Galra hybrid we've seen so far without any visible Galra traits. Even Ezor has purple patches and pointy ears.

I present to you, pic related. AKA: The shot of Keith in the scene where all of the Paladins are unconscious following Haggar's attack on Voltron with her purple lightning. Keith was the only one shown at an angle where we can't see any of his skin.

I'm saying that I want Keith to turn purple at some point, either at an extremely inopportune moment (the anti-Galra Empire rally) or when they need someone to infiltrate something, or both.

Oliver Garcia
Oliver Garcia

I'd have to look again. I think they're all going to get a growth spurt except Shiro.

Hunter Roberts
Hunter Roberts

We shall.

Luke Johnson
Luke Johnson

Keith is going to be a shortass for life. The rest will get growth spurts though.

Angel Fisher
Angel Fisher

I want him to either turn purple or pop some big batcat ears at an inopportune moment.

Asher Peterson
Asher Peterson

I would sell my kidney for an episode where they just meet different AU counterparts: DotU team, r63, live action , etc.

Alexander Johnson
Alexander Johnson

Why is Kuron the most beautiful character in Voltron?

Samuel Parker
Samuel Parker

Right now I am imagining that scene like when Jafar zapped Aladdin back into his poverty clothes with his magic.

It'll be Lotor to do it except instead of magic, it'll be a magic gun or something.

"Say hello to your PRECIOUS *zap! pointed ears* VOLTRON *zap! white/purple hair* LEADER! *zap! Purple skin*
cue in everyone gasping

Evan Wright
Evan Wright

No.

Ryan Scott
Ryan Scott

Lance wants the rock pussy, confirmed

Benjamin Watson
Benjamin Watson

I don't understand people who say they want Keith, Lance, Allura or any character to die. If they did die it would played for drama and they would still show up in flashbacks or as a spiritual presence regularly and it would make no difference.

Lucas Turner
Lucas Turner

I watched a few episodes of the original Voltron.

Nanny sucks, legit worst character.

Jace Hernandez
Jace Hernandez

tfw being trained in gun-jutsu but your instructor's sexy nordfag accent is turning you gay

Bentley Flores
Bentley Flores

Lance wants to cuck Hunk
worst friend

Logan Perez
Logan Perez

He's just shitposting.

Landon Perry
Landon Perry

taking his bro's rockpussy
Lance is no bro.

Aiden Walker
Aiden Walker

That made me laugh, thank you user.
Lance wants any kind of pussy.

Zachary Morris
Zachary Morris

they meet the DotU team
DotU Allura talks to Allura in private and asks if she and Keith are betrothed
DotU Keith takes Keith aside and tells him about the importance of taking responsibility and to cherish Allura

I need this please.

Alexander Fisher
Alexander Fisher

implying Lance is even good enough for Sven

Fuck off, shithead, Sven belongs to Slav.

Brayden Howard
Brayden Howard

I fucking hated Nanny too, yet I can deal if they fix her and her looks.

Joshua Lee
Joshua Lee

I just see "I want X character to die" posted a lot and I realize a lot of it is shitposting but for those that are serious I think their logic is silly.

Brayden Robinson
Brayden Robinson

Sven belongs to Romelle. Romelle will come from the Altean Supremacy reality.

Luke Morgan
Luke Morgan

The question is how. The druids might not be galra or altean. Given the way they move, their body proportions, and purple light shining out of them when they get injured they might be straight up quintessence corruption. Some book called it a burn when Keith got hurt and that further complicates it. We know his mom has galran heritage due to the blade. Also there was a BoM member with a tail, implying he was a half breed.

So lets say for the sake of argument Keith is 1/4 galran. He's probably not 1/4 altean. He should still have some signs of his heritage so how would his mom hide those features?

Asher Harris
Asher Harris

Gaaaay

Isaiah Clark
Isaiah Clark

No.

Nicholas James
Nicholas James

We should just accept Keith is a mutt and we'll never know completely what he is.

Brandon Clark
Brandon Clark

Lance wants to make his friend mad into making the first move on her but Hunk is a fucking dick to Lance and doesn't get it.

Ryan Howard
Ryan Howard

the footfag dimension where Morvok has founded an empire on footfaggotry.

Wyatt Sanders
Wyatt Sanders

Lubricating rock pussy... wouldn't that be mouldy?

Lucas Jackson
Lucas Jackson

So lets say for the sake of argument Keith is 1/4 galran

I've been told that in the panels they repeatedly refer to Keith as a half breed.

Gabriel Bennett
Gabriel Bennett

Which Shiro will get Romelle?

Joseph Morgan
Joseph Morgan

I have bad news for you about the nature of yeast infections

Samuel Green
Samuel Green

You can tell from the way they draw her facial expressions that she is going to defect. She always has a very pensive, thoughtful look on her face like she is weighing the morality of everything she and her peers are being told to do.

Michael Butler
Michael Butler

/vld/
actually saying no to Shlav

Why are Lancefags suddenly here?

William Evans
William Evans

half breed
You'd barely make your costs back selling Keith on the open market.

Isaiah Hill
Isaiah Hill

this post

It's like I'm really on tumblr.

Ayden Howard
Ayden Howard

Um is that picture next to the description supposed to be unrelated? Because that's Shay's brother.

David Lopez
David Lopez

It's only one and we don't agree with them. Shlav is life.

Alexander Morales
Alexander Morales

So lets say for the sake of argument Keith is 1/4 galran
They've already said he's half Galra two times already.

Easton Cruz
Easton Cruz

I want Haggar to gently dom Zarkon!

Aaron Bell
Aaron Bell

What are the chances that McCree isn't even Keith's biological father?

Connor Brooks
Connor Brooks

There's only 19 people ITT.

We really have dropped off in both quality and posters.

Jayden Carter
Jayden Carter

It's Svav. Shlav has been cockblocked out of existence.

Thomas Roberts
Thomas Roberts

Why is she so perfect?

Christopher Taylor
Christopher Taylor

Keith is an octoroon.

Asher Diaz
Asher Diaz

They used a picture of Kolivan with his mask on and labelled it "Antok," so who honestly knows.

Thread's been up for less than an hour, give it time. But the average hiatus numbers are usually only around 40 anyway.

Adrian Johnson
Adrian Johnson

My personal opinion that he is not Keith's biological father, but he certainly did take him in and raised him as his own.

Ryder Foster
Ryder Foster

there are two, maybe even three Svancefags, and we are real and unafraid

James Ramirez
James Ramirez

We've already talked about this.

Keith is half-Galran/half-human!
when will he join Lotor?
Shiro clone shit
shipper shit
husbando war shit

Why do you keep having threads to discuss the same shit over and over?

Isaiah Nguyen
Isaiah Nguyen

Imagine going to adopt a cat and ending up with an autistic child four years later.

Bentley Sullivan
Bentley Sullivan

Pic is ironic cause that was actually my least favorite Pidge episode. Just felt very rote.

Aiden Green
Aiden Green

You should both kill yourselves.

Eli Richardson
Eli Richardson

shipper shit
husbando war shit

Fucking where

Owen Smith
Owen Smith

I don't think Keith is half human either

Ryder Lee
Ryder Lee

Barlee drew these cute sketches. I love how Pidge is teasing Lance in one of them.

Eli Lee
Eli Lee

poor josh

Aaron Jenkins
Aaron Jenkins

He would have noticed in 6 months from adopting the "adult cat" that something was wrong by the exponential rate the cat was growing.

Lucas Reed
Lucas Reed

Yeah, the episode sucks ass.

But god damn, I want to bend her over and _cuddle_ her.

Juan Ortiz
Juan Ortiz

Yes.

John Clark
John Clark

Why do you keep having threads to discuss the same shit over and over?
Isn't this the point of 4chen?

Jose Ortiz
Jose Ortiz

Shlav has been cockblocked out of existence.

How so? Slav has probably time traveled his way into collecting 35 of the 40 Shiros.

David Lopez
David Lopez

Sheith, Kallura, and Pance confirmed!

Gabriel Russell
Gabriel Russell

I love seeing the sketches that storybaord artists do, they always have so much life to them.

Noah Rivera
Noah Rivera

It happens in literally every thread.

Lucas White
Lucas White

Maybe McCree is a fucking idiot who knows nothing about cats.

Julian Young
Julian Young

Argument countered. So how though? Unless maybe Keith's dad is important too. That shack was probably his dad's. No way Keith would have had the money at 18 to buy or build one that nice. So close to the lion too. And all the cave drawings and such. Maybe McCree's family has been protecting/hiding the lion for awhile.

Jayden Ward
Jayden Ward

Don't forget Keith x that science guy from alternate reality altea!

Thomas Gray
Thomas Gray

YES! PANCE!!

Dylan Scott
Dylan Scott

I see maybe four posts of shipping shit but I don't see a single husbando war. You're complaining about things that don't exist friendo.

Dylan Flores
Dylan Flores

Give it time, oh look

Sebastian Lopez
Sebastian Lopez

Keith prostituted himself LOL what a slut XDD

Jason Wilson
Jason Wilson

all of Barlee's stuff is cute, cute!

Blake Foster
Blake Foster

He was the most tolerable in that episode and in the weblum episode.

David Phillips
David Phillips

Maybe McCree's family has been protecting/hiding the lion for awhile
I like this idea. But why would a fullblooded galra have been there at the right time to conceive Keith?

Justin Parker
Justin Parker

I, too, like digging my head in the sand to ignore real trends that plague these threads and pretend they're actually good.

Josiah Price
Josiah Price

I mean, it's not that hard to build a fucking piece of shit shack.

Lincoln Howard
Lincoln Howard

A natural fuck up! Seriously though. Next time Lance actually does something impressive I hope Pidge pulls that line out. I'm fine with the group teasing him a bit but they need to balance it out. They got like two more jokes tops before I say they're being kinda mean.

Asher Price
Asher Price

Oh yeah, I did like Keith in the weblum ep. He and Hunk play off each other pretty well.

Wyatt Morgan
Wyatt Morgan

works on the show
can't even draw one of the main characters

I don't understand how this is allowed.

Benjamin Roberts
Benjamin Roberts

Voiced by Dee Bradley Baker!

"I didn't know cats could walk on hind legs! Or mimic human speech! I have such a cool cat."

McCree was most likely one of those weirdos that live out in the wilderness searching for alien activity. We already know that it was Keith's mother who knows of the knife.

Also shacks are not that hard to make? It's fucking rickity as hell.

If his family guarded it for generations, how the hell is Keith a half-Galra then?

Evan Cruz
Evan Cruz

you will never be awoken by his gentle yoohoos in the morning
Why even live?

Samuel Bennett
Samuel Bennett

These threads were never good. Only about .5% of Sup Forums is good discussion.

Lincoln Rogers
Lincoln Rogers

I want them to interact more

Jackson Taylor
Jackson Taylor

somehow Sendak comes back
he meets Yurak

Henry Brown
Henry Brown

These threads were never good

Someone wasn't here when season 3 first aired.

Charles Perry
Charles Perry

No one is forcing you to be here or preventing you from talking about the aspects of the show that interest you, fampai.

Liam Adams
Liam Adams

Thats why Heith is good.

Xavier Wright
Xavier Wright

I want Pidge to bully Lance.

Jonathan Long
Jonathan Long

You know it's funny that Hunk and Pidge basically bully him to some extent.
It's even so deeply in Hunk's subconscious to be a dick to Lance he starrted attacking him.

Jose Ross
Jose Ross

Honerva dommed Zarkon all the time. Once they both get their memories back, Zarkon will ask Haggar to dom him for old times sake.

Parker Turner
Parker Turner

Hell yeah.

Angel Edwards
Angel Edwards

Well somehow Zarkon just found Red and was shipping it back. So maybe the BoM knew this and were also looking for them, if only to move them somewhere else. I'm guessing it was treated as a wild goose chase and Keith's mom actually got lucky and found Blue, but then got stranded. As far as why she hasn't reported back to the BoM, my guess is that she went looking for Romelle's faction for some reason.

Connor Price
Connor Price

He's just an autist who gets severely upset everytime /vld/ starts discussing Keith, it's best to ignore him.

William Jenkins
William Jenkins

But Lance is for bully.

Hudson Bell
Hudson Bell

I love Allura trying to be a big sister figure, but Pidge ends up obviously being the sensible one.

Ethan Lee
Ethan Lee

Yes. A piece of shit shack. That was a nice one. And he had a vehicle. Now maybe he stole it. But I doubt it.

Benjamin Myers
Benjamin Myers

long haired Pidge

Gross.

David Gutierrez
David Gutierrez

artists drew tons of Shirocest back when it made no sense
now it's actually plausible
artists suddenly stop drawing it

Why is this fandom a never ending ride of disappointment?

Logan Thomas
Logan Thomas

I want to pluck out every single one of his hairs, incuding his eyelashes and brows.
Afterwards I want to dump him on the streets like a roadkill.

Bentley Watson
Bentley Watson

I just a burn to positive reinforcement ratio. They haven't crossed the line yet and I don't think they will,but Lance is obviously feeling some pressure.

Benjamin Edwards
Benjamin Edwards

Voltron Force cadets confrmed?

Oliver Gonzalez
Oliver Gonzalez

Can you read her summary and tags?

Jack Myers
Jack Myers

pointing fingers and writing off all anons as the same

Don't even start with that. It is cancerous.

Joseph Reyes
Joseph Reyes

completely empty After Effects file with just "cadets.png"

Xavier Rogers
Xavier Rogers

Pidge has never not dissed on Lance, but I could see his relationship with Hunk starting to strain between his insecurities coming out and Hunk spending so much time nerding out with Pidge.

I'll be surprised if they bother exploring something like that though

Brandon Gonzalez
Brandon Gonzalez

Lance is unfairly picked on!
Hunk is mean to him

Is this really happening here right now or did I click on tumblr by accident?

Hunter White
Hunter White

I could care less which anons are which, it's best to ignore pointless bitching all the same.

Xavier Thompson
Xavier Thompson

Hunk has been doing subtle disses on Lance since Season 1, the dude is just too dumb to get it. That doesn't mean they're not still best friends, and anons are bringing it up in the context of Lance's really obvious insecurity arc

Jeremiah Scott
Jeremiah Scott

The show would never draw features like the black boy's lips and nose.

Logan Williams
Logan Williams

I miss Kuronposters, but it's clear they've abandoned these threads. Judging by the dipping quality, I think it's time to drop this place.

Jonathan Jackson
Jonathan Jackson

Oh look, someone only reads what they want to see. Yes, Lance gets picked on. And I also said they haven't crossed the line and I don't expect them too. Pidge makes fun of Hunk for throwing up, Hunk actually snarls back at Lance now and then. That's fine.

Tyler Green
Tyler Green

bye

Owen Gutierrez
Owen Gutierrez

The recent uptick in Lancefags is from them finding these threads through a tumblr Discord.

Thomas Clark
Thomas Clark

god josh is fucking pathetic, half the drama in fandom would go down if he stopped encouraging the underage girls on tumblr, but he will never do that because he gets off on the attention. It's the most pathetic thing when actors get off on their roles like this, but it's even worse when it's VAs.

Charles Rodriguez
Charles Rodriguez

I want to see baby Keith and baby Lotor.

Wyatt Hughes
Wyatt Hughes

didn't the source make it clear this is a fake? either way, can you link it?

Aiden Sanders
Aiden Sanders

would go down if he stopped encouraging the underage girls on tumblr,

It would go down if this fandom wasn't so fucking batshit insane. How on earth can you possibly blame him for these maniacs?

David Lewis
David Lewis

I also want Zarkon and Haggar to lovingly embrace after getting their memories back! ;_;

Aaron Brown
Aaron Brown

he doesn't know the Lancefags were here all along
Did you think the phimosisposting was all galrafags?

Levi Thomas
Levi Thomas

your projection onto this character is transparent and embarrassing.

Austin James
Austin James

http://autumn-sacura.tumblr.com/post/164101569573/my-aunts-handmaids-girlfriend-works-as-janitor-in

Jayden Gomez
Jayden Gomez

I fuckin lost it, thank you user for this gift

David Johnson
David Johnson

He got voted first in a worst boy poll we had here a week ago.

Michael Cox
Michael Cox

Didn't e start with the klance name and fueled the batshit crazy part of fandom

Zachary Garcia
Zachary Garcia

These threads are always the same thing, user.

Connor Lee
Connor Lee

I want to cut his ears off with scissors.

Kayden Wood
Kayden Wood

Sup Forums Lancefags like him because he's worst boy. we're pretty clear about this

Hunter Bennett
Hunter Bennett

My aunts handmaid’s girlfriend works as janitor in Studio Mir
ok yeah, an obvious goof

Carson Gutierrez
Carson Gutierrez

No.

Isaac Collins
Isaac Collins

Me too user. Me too.

Ethan Bailey
Ethan Bailey

Stop being so jealous, Lotor.

Nolan Ward
Nolan Ward

He's the one who opened the door to them. He invited them to approach him as the character (changing his name to Space Dad, making space-dad jokes, talking about "his" stuff when he's referring to shiro, etc), giving opinions about shipping? Normally this stuff would happen between fans, like a tennis match, back and forth. No one has more authority or power, so when one party lashes out, it stays in the realm of fandom.

Now enters this dumbfuck attention whore, bringing fandom discussion onto a level it should never be. Validating some opinions as though he has the authority (he doesn't, he has 0 creative input) is going to stoke the flames way, way, higher. Even if he's just being "nice." It's a stupid decision to enter the monkey cage at the zoo and then complain that you got covered in shit.

Isaiah Powell
Isaiah Powell

I'd go back and re-watch if I were you user, because you're missing some of Hunk's (really few) good parts.

Lincoln Lewis
Lincoln Lewis

As a Galrafag, I contributed to phimosisposting. So uh... yeah some of it was us.

Bentley Roberts
Bentley Roberts

At first I thought why are you posting this picture yet again? And then I chuckled.

Bentley Jenkins
Bentley Jenkins

Keith is only a detriment to the team and the show

Noah King
Noah King

I know that it's almost certainly not going to happen because of the way animation production often works, but I would love it if an episode next season was a Halloween episode because the season airs mid-October.

Brody Green
Brody Green

They weren't when season 3 aired. Or even for 4 days after that. But holy shit, they've become turdfests now. It'll be nice when you shitposters get drowned out by actual discussion come this October.

Gavin Reed
Gavin Reed

That's just like your opinion man.

Alexander Phillips
Alexander Phillips

Nothing wrong with a little Zeith humor and Lotor cucking.

Jose Butler
Jose Butler

Of course galrafags were a big part because they do the heavy lore lifting, I'm pointing out that plenty of Lancefags joined in too. The tumblr/discord boogeyman is just getting out of hand.

Brayden Wright
Brayden Wright

As much as I love Halloween episodes it doesn't really fit with the show to have one. Same with a Christmas episode. Holiday episodes just really don't work for certain shows and this is one of them.

Ethan Thomas
Ethan Thomas

I'll shit on my husbando so people will keep sucking his dick and talk about him

This is pretty embarrassing.

Josiah Watson
Josiah Watson

This thread is always full of one boogeyman or another. But yeah, as far as silly lore shit goes, most people just contribute to one another. I've contributed to a lot of non-Galralore in these threads.

Jonathan Williams
Jonathan Williams

The problem is people obsessing over the VAs, which you're pretty much doing here as well. Just treat them like regular people who happen to help make a thing you enjoy.

Brandon Brown
Brandon Brown

These threads can get real comfy when certain anons aren't around. Now is not one of those times.

Sebastian Adams
Sebastian Adams

Dude, the guy was just being supportive of all ships in an attempt to be nice, calm down triggered Klancer.

Nathaniel Baker
Nathaniel Baker

What about Altean holidays? If they find more alteans of course?

Ryder Bell
Ryder Bell

Yeah, some people are pointing to the unusually high IP counts the last few threads have been getting, but I think that's just because the new season is still fairly recent. I sincerely doubt that anyone who is strictly just a tumblr user is still hanging around.

with that in mind I was thinking about posting the new shipping poll once we start autosaging

Adam Phillips
Adam Phillips

anyone who praises Keith is a dumb Keithfag
anyone who shits on Keith is a dumb Keithfag
I like this way of thinking.

Camden Smith
Camden Smith

The Star Wars Christmas special has left a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to the idea of space holidays.

Jack Harris
Jack Harris

220 posts
26 IP's

Voltronplebs are more autistic than /sug/ and /svtfoe/ combined

Alexander Cruz
Alexander Cruz

It's pretty obvious if you had been here in past threads.

Connor Sullivan
Connor Sullivan

Kuron is 10/10 with long hair, but barely 4/10 with undercut, how is it possible?

Jack Kelly
Jack Kelly

Let's get real for a minute. Which paladin canonically has the cutest nipples?

Brayden Stewart
Brayden Stewart

The lack of Shiroposting in that comic makes me sad.

Anthony Perry
Anthony Perry

Everyone is a Keithfag.

Noah Gray
Noah Gray

But I have, I'm the one who's been shitting on Keith

Nathan Harris
Nathan Harris

Kallura
Sheith
Hance
Klance
Lotllura
Shance
Shlav
Zeith
Pance
Shendak
These are what /vld/ usually ships, it's not that exciting

Jose Phillips
Jose Phillips

Pidge

Asher Harris
Asher Harris

There's only 26 people here.

Oliver Cook
Oliver Cook

Pidge has one innie.

Jaxon Ramirez
Jaxon Ramirez

Better question, which one has pepperoni nipples?

Henry Sullivan
Henry Sullivan

They're all Keithfags, you dumb Keithfag.

Hunk

Isaac Ortiz
Isaac Ortiz

Why are they sitting in meat

Asher Phillips
Asher Phillips

Reminer that if you like Keith x Jerry, you are transphobic

Zachary Jones
Zachary Jones

he should go yandere maybe then he would be interesting

Adrian Bennett
Adrian Bennett

My /co/ntrarian blood has made me start to turn around on Keith when I was pretty meh on him before. actually it was S3 but let's go with this instead

Dylan Wilson
Dylan Wilson

implying

Mir twinks don't have nipples, therefore she also has none.

Only baras like Hunk and Shiro have nips.

Carter Rodriguez
Carter Rodriguez

Never because nobody fucking watched Voltron Force

Ryder Sanchez
Ryder Sanchez

I like posting about how Keith's face turns aroused as he's shitting on someone's bed that he likes.

James Robinson
James Robinson

I'm not, I think the show would benefit from him and Lance getting killed off.

James Allen
James Allen

Being called a Keithfag is the ultimate /vld/ boogeyman. I've been called a Keithfag and I don't even like him that much.

Colton Lewis
Colton Lewis

Keithfags aren't as bad as Shirofags guys!!!!

This is what /vld/ actually believes.

Hudson King
Hudson King

I need to see this for fapping

Colton Rogers
Colton Rogers

t. Keithfags

Camden Lewis
Camden Lewis

I wonder if some designer on the show has some diagram like this that has canonical layouts for different vehicles. I would, but I have a thing for this sort of stuff.

Ryan Lewis
Ryan Lewis

Josh suck at hiding his intentions, he clearly ships Shance with powerbottom Lance

Carson Morales
Carson Morales

See

Adam Perry
Adam Perry

Being called a Keithfag is the ultimate /vld/ boogeyman.

No, that's being called a Shirofag, smalltimer.

Zachary Diaz
Zachary Diaz

Lauren is a Romelle fan
I keep seeing this, is there a source where she says this?

Gabriel Stewart
Gabriel Stewart

/vld/ is one person

Brayden Russell
Brayden Russell

I wish fanart would make Pidge more feminine. The cartoon obviously can't do it because the creators don't want to lose any tumblr money, but fanartists should pick up the slack.

Jeremiah Bennett
Jeremiah Bennett

I love being a keithfag because of how upset /vld/ gets over keithposting.

Chase Green
Chase Green

caring about lions

user pls, we have to keep talking about Keith shitting in people's beds

Connor Wilson
Connor Wilson

Don't bother responding to them. They're probably that same person with the massive victim complex.

Zachary Foster
Zachary Foster

I have a very creepy fanart just for you.

Hudson Butler
Hudson Butler

lack of Shiroposting
blandest boy is most controversial boy
anons hype for klance douj
are we part of the alternate reality plotline as well?

Jason James
Jason James

preferring femme pidge

Ian Bailey
Ian Bailey

Calling it now, she's meant to be the foil to S1/2 Keith. Also predicting now that there's going to be some romantic sexual tension between her and Keith, though it'll be one-sided and not go anywhere because he's too hung up on MUH SHIROing and getting with Allura.

Adam Thomas
Adam Thomas

Just wait till you get chased out like the Shirofags did.

Owen Foster
Owen Foster

Don't forget Steith.

William Clark
William Clark

I wish they did, but I kinda doubt it. I also love it when writers actually think about the functionality of their scifi/fantasy toys, but this isn't really that sort of show.

Brayden Hughes
Brayden Hughes

There is only one person on /vld/ using multiple IPs and is constantly argueing with himself.
wanting to make the reverse trap look like a typical girly girl

How do you live knowing your taste is so shit?

Nathan Taylor
Nathan Taylor

lack of Shiroposting
I can fix that if you want senpai.

Jackson Torres
Jackson Torres

This is the only acceptable top Shiro, esp if it's a pityfuck

Ethan Edwards
Ethan Edwards

She made fanart of her back in 2007.

https://laurenmontgomery.deviantart.com/art/Guess-Who-59474003

It alluded to pretty heavily. They definitely have feelings for each other, without showing anything they wouldn't want to put into a saturday morning cartoon.

You are best girl, Lauren.

Dominic Wilson
Dominic Wilson

It's probably just that all the good posters are either asleep or having a life and we're left with 28 shitposters.

Dylan Hernandez
Dylan Hernandez

Pidge because she's Italian

Hunter Gonzalez
Hunter Gonzalez

I'm here forever m8. Or at least until I get bored.

Caleb Bennett
Caleb Bennett

Keith has always been a controversial character in /vld/ Even in the season 1 days.

Matthew Walker
Matthew Walker

I mean, you're obviously correct, but isn't variety the spice of life?

Probably right. I'm still confused as to how the Black Lion gets launched from the tip of the castle ship, but the bridge is obviously supposed to be there too.

Isaiah Richardson
Isaiah Richardson

I could see Keith and Acxa getting some romance hints and Allura getting jealous/protective, giving Kallura a bit of a kickstart.

Maybe Acxa forms a bit of a friendship with Keith and convinces him that she wants to defect, and needs Voltron's help to foil Lotor's latest plot. Allura wouldn't trust her, and that mistrust could be interpreted as jealousy, but she gets outvoted and then things go to shit when it turns out it was actually all a trap.

Jaxon Scott
Jaxon Scott

because he's too hung up on getting with Allura.
Is he really? He honestly doesn't seem to give a shit yet.

Ayden Miller
Ayden Miller

I know I said I would be avoiding using my laptop, but Ms-paint user here, I missed drawing shitposts for ya'll and I'll risk it
The IP to post ratio
Have we already gone back to pre-season 3 dry discussion/anon hating?
Anyways, taking a few requests, probably two, maybe three if I'm feeling up for it, it's kinda late

Landon Scott
Landon Scott

Don't even bother, you'll just get people whining about Shirofags again.

Thomas Rodriguez
Thomas Rodriguez

Hah, so she ships Sven x Romelle!

Owen Mitchell
Owen Mitchell

Pidge threatening a Galra with a link of pepperoni.

Chase Rivera
Chase Rivera

Have we already gone back to pre-season 3 dry discussion/anon hating?

Yes.

Joshua Gonzalez
Joshua Gonzalez

Yeah and she also seemed disturbed about GoLion having Takashi die and Amue ending up with Ryou

Jordan Clark
Jordan Clark

For real, I just ignore the people who keep trying to start shit by complain about other posters at this point.

Jack Sullivan
Jack Sullivan

Sendak and Raht holding robot hands.

Gabriel Martinez
Gabriel Martinez

I'd still be free from having to watch two characters I don't give two shits about and their fanbase dropping the show in outrage. Win/win.

Matthew Bennett
Matthew Bennett

Honestly? I never left.

Ian Jenkins
Ian Jenkins

I'm looking at her comments in that page and lord, never in her wildest dreams would Lauren have ever thought she'd be in charge of a Voltron reboot.

This was Lauren 10 years ago too. Back when ship wars were just arguments on why it's shit instead of the problematic shitflinging we have today.

Charles Martin
Charles Martin

Mfw I come back with a broken laptop only to find a broken /co/ltron
It's not even been two weeks, I'm kinda disappointed it took such a short time to get back to waiting for something to think about. It was a shorter season in retrospect.

Camden Miller
Camden Miller

A big thing for me is like, they have ALL THAT ROOM on the damn castle, why not put it to use? They could house a damn mobile army in that thing.

Oliver Lee
Oliver Lee

Kuromellefags BTFO

Matthew Martin
Matthew Martin

shitting on Josh Keaton

What the fuck has happened to these threads?

Isaac Edwards
Isaac Edwards

The last few threads had more IPs than usual, but that might have just been tumblr spillover.

also it's me, I'm the one making all the posts that aren't arguing over which characterfags suck more

Brody Powell
Brody Powell

Man, I feel so happy for Lauren.

Tyler Morgan
Tyler Morgan

Post pance give me all the pance you got.

Lucas Harris
Lucas Harris

will they ever fix the fucking pool

Kevin Ward
Kevin Ward

Pretty cute, does it say anywhere she's her favorite though? The Sven stuff is pretty cute though.

Owen Brown
Owen Brown

What was the point of the pool scene?

Carter Morris
Carter Morris

everyone saying it's Peach
Yeah there's no way Romelle isn't going to be the hottest shit the staff can muster

Justin Perez
Justin Perez

Yes please

Robert Fisher
Robert Fisher

Jesus Christ, why? Do you hate yourself or something? You must feel so alone.

John Wilson
John Wilson

I'm still here and probably never going to leave. All the anons bitching about ships and other posters puts me out of the mood for it though.

Isaac Thomas
Isaac Thomas

Me too. Looking at her old journal entries, she's as cool then as she is now.

I bet that triggered her autism hard with all those Princess Peach answers. And without any doubt Romelle will be hottest/most beautiful girl.

James Rogers
James Rogers

gotta love the mice

Jaxon Campbell
Jaxon Campbell

tfw you found out about this show because of this fanart and thought they were gay but now you ship them anyway

Eli Moore
Eli Moore

Is the Italian meme getting old yet?

Colton Stewart
Colton Stewart

lil bit

Alexander Miller
Alexander Miller

Because Shiro might be my fave but I usually like to talk about other stuff most of the time? It's funny/pathetic seeing anons flip out at others for supposed Shirofaggotry over liter nothings though.

Christian Perez
Christian Perez

and probably never going to leave

You're gonna have a bad time then. Already seeing the tide turn from cute Kuron headcanons to this is pretty depressing.

Ryder Ortiz
Ryder Ortiz

someone complains when anons post the same things all the time
someone complains when anons don't post the same things all the time
You really can't please everybody.

Cooper Allen
Cooper Allen

How about some IN-SHOW Pance? I know, just let us dream.

Mice-anon, have you recovered from that dastardly spacecat's influence?

Dominic Moore
Dominic Moore

It's funny/pathetic seeing anons flip out at others for supposed Shirofaggotry over liter nothings though.

That bullshit was one of the reasons I stopped coming here. That, and the threads were basically always like this one. These threads are miserable.

Luke Sullivan
Luke Sullivan

Usually when people draw Pidge in a more detailed style I don't like it, but I'm super into this one. She's cute!

Colton Ramirez
Colton Ramirez

It's mostly a handful of vocal anons shitflinging, best thing to do is just keep posting cute stuff and ignore the haters.

Oh and making fun of Kuron's shitty shitty haircut and Downs face.

Landon Adams
Landon Adams

does Lance feel like a fag when he's trying to make out with Pidge? She looks just like a boy and has baby mosquito tits.

Blake Powell
Blake Powell

I was actually referring more to these threads going from, y'know, fun to shitflinging and arguing, but okay.

Nathan Turner
Nathan Turner

Can't we just talk about Voltron?

Nathaniel Garcia
Nathaniel Garcia

Considering the number of comfy threads we manage to have without people throwing "you're just an [x character]-fag!" accusations at people constantly, I'm convinced it's only one or two anons.

Agreed on all counts. They really blew the entire budget on making long-haired Kuron look good.

Alexander Gonzalez
Alexander Gonzalez

There have actually been some really comfy threads inbetween these. Probably while some anons who will not be mentioned are sleeping.

Ayden Walker
Ayden Walker

It's mostly a handful of vocal anons shitflinging

The drop in IP count already signals we're back to pre-season 3 /trash/

Grayson Myers
Grayson Myers

Yeah, I think I'm fine. I mean, I haven't even been influenced by that thing recently.
Everything's gonna be okay, anons, the future is bright.

Angel Rodriguez
Angel Rodriguez

Kuron has to go to the special ed class
Shiro is so proud of him every time he finishes the meals he makes for him that he gives him a little sticker to put on his arm

Nolan Collins
Nolan Collins

I actually like Keith's style of leadership. He is quite reckless now but you can see he is going to get shit done and put up a good fight against Lotor.

Jason Turner
Jason Turner

Pidge getting flustered by Lance is just the bee's knees

Jackson Campbell
Jackson Campbell

No user, we have to sperg about IP count on saturday nights instead.

Josiah Foster
Josiah Foster

The comfy threads that previous anons mentioned had about 70 IPs in them. This one just seems to be particularly bad.

Jackson Johnson
Jackson Johnson

Lance is actually blushing
YES
It's mostly nothing but I'll take what I can.

Jacob Bailey
Jacob Bailey

Why do that when you can whine about other anons instead?

Anyway, do you think Zarkon has all of his memories, or are they scrambled like Haggar's were?

Kayden Edwards
Kayden Edwards

Last thread had 70 and still went to shit. It's less the number and more the presence of certain pugilistic anons that makes these threads bad.

I get the feeling he's going to be an unpredictable type of leader. Shiro's very standard, very supportive, but nurturing and not a good war commander type. Whereas Keith is determined and goal-focused, to a fault. He just needs to temper that determination with wisdom.

Lucas Wood
Lucas Wood

I think Keith definitely has the potential to get under Lotor's skin and has his maverick way of thinking will be the push they need.

Keith just needs to clear his head and learn from his mistakes. I think we'll see a bigger improvement in season 4.

Because I love Voltron too fucking much.

I think Zarkon's are scrambled and may have some memories, but that all depends on when Lotor was born.

Eli Sanders
Eli Sanders

Steve Ahn directed based Samurai Jackuron episode
Bless that man

Charles White
Charles White

I guess I missed the shitposting about that, but the wiki says some handbook stated she was Italian.

Carson Williams
Carson Williams

Agreed. Keith as the leader really shakes things up and he makes a good opponent to Lotor. Shiro preferred to play things safe and was more predictable. Which was fine when they were fighting Zarkon, but not so much Lotor.

Tyler Nelson
Tyler Nelson

Recommend me some good old-fashioned mecha shows, anons, to watch while waiting for 4th season. I watched some Gundams, but only liked 1st season of OO and first half of IBO (I absolutely couldn't stand Wings for some reason).

Christopher Fisher
Christopher Fisher

implying being able to appreciate even the most subtle feminine qualities isn't even more heterosexual than otherwise

I still want this situation to happen in the show.

Zarkon seemed singlemindedly obsessed with Quintessence and the Black Lion, so I feel like he doesn't have much left in there.

Isaiah Morris
Isaiah Morris

I still can't believe Pidge is Italian. I guess I need to give it some time.

Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper

I wonder if Keith's recklessness will wind up being an advantage against Lotor, if tempered properly. Up against a strategist, you want to do something totally unexpected.

Charles Morales
Charles Morales

drawn in 2007 or so
What exactly was Lauren Montgomery doing at the time? Did she work on the original Avatar.

Jason Nelson
Jason Nelson

reminder that the war was started by an altean who went mad with quintessence.
the galra are innocent victims who lost their home world to the altean menace
zarkon did nothing wrong!

Luke Torres
Luke Torres

I thought he was least tolerable because I can't empathize with the desire to get yourself killed in the pursuit of knowing your origin

There's a lot of things I'd risk my life for, including the parents who raised me, but factoids about my biology that have little to do with who I am as a person is not one of them

Also his yelling at the others because they have to check it out NOW, RIGHT NOW IMMEDIATELY, instead of being the least bit wary

Aiden Diaz
Aiden Diaz

for reference

Dylan Bailey
Dylan Bailey

That mustache must mean you're looking for Italian feet lately

Jordan Lee
Jordan Lee

Shiro (Kuron) fanservice episode
slutty shoulder Keith
This man knows what's sexy.

Luke Morris
Luke Morris

Lance already as the highest pitched scream of the team, fusses about beauty care, and poses like pic related. He wouldn't feel like a faggot by making out with Pidge.

Dylan Fisher
Dylan Fisher

Do people here seriously dislike this episode?

Angel Price
Angel Price

Pidguigi
Sasuga as always.

Jordan Bennett
Jordan Bennett

i dug Turn A, or if you just want to see robots beating the shit out of each other you could try Build Fighters

Logan Thompson
Logan Thompson

Which was fine when they were fighting Zarkon, but not so much Lotor.
I never thought about it that way. Yeah for a guy like Lotor you need someone who thinks traditionally, but Lotor knows how to counterattack that manner of thinking and is ineffective.

Keith for sure will be the one to rile Lotor up with his loose-cannon ways of leading.

Camden Powell
Camden Powell

I've heard good things about Patlabor, but the dub is pretty rough and I don't have the attention span for subs. It's more down to earth than things like Gundam, the mechs seem like they're treated more like useful tools/vehicles than magical fighting robots.

Nolan Myers
Nolan Myers

They do? that's news to me, they should get punished for their shit taste.

Ryan Reed
Ryan Reed

Look at all those pancake asses.

Cooper Hughes
Cooper Hughes

Steve Ahn was the one who decided there needed to be a tentacle monster in this show
wew, is Steve Ahn /ourguy/?

Yeah, they're entitled to their opinion if they don't like Shiro to begin with but honestly as an admitted Shirofag I liked the episode for reasons that have little to do with Shiro as a character and all do to with the excellent pacing (a rarity on this show) and strong narrative technique and reliance on showing rather than telling.

Michael Garcia
Michael Garcia

Nigga this was a guy who was raised human. Wouldn't you be a bit desperate if you had the suspicions that you could be part alien? And not just any alien, but the same race as the space nazis?

Jaxon Kelly
Jaxon Kelly

Steve has always been our guy.

Sebastian Wood
Sebastian Wood

Not really old fashioned but Majestic Prince has some really kickass mech designs, and appeals to me in some of the same ways that vld does.

Angel Watson
Angel Watson

Speaking of Turn A, what are the chances of fully powered Voltron having some Moonlight Butterfly-level hax powers?

Adrian Gomez
Adrian Gomez

Gundam Wing. Its fandom is literally the same as Voltron's and the show is full of autists, you'll feel right at home.

Chase Davis
Chase Davis

Who directed the AU Shlav episode? Now that guy is definitely /ourguy/.

Jaxson Gutierrez
Jaxson Gutierrez

I think I'm a footfag after that one episode. I feel ashamed and needed to get it off my chest, ignore this post.

Charles Cox
Charles Cox

Lance is completely straight but he acts so...feminine.

Isaiah Long
Isaiah Long

Votoms is great if you like real robot mecha. I've also heard good things about Voltes V which I've heard has a lot in common with the original Golion, but better.

Cooper Sanchez
Cooper Sanchez

Raht is Eyebrows! Man, season 3 hit hard on my galrafag lore...
But I can't find a reference anywhere for him, could you provide one?

Landon Moore
Landon Moore

Hunk is looking pretty dashing there, good shit
120%, it's made of trans-reality mindfuck metal after all

Ayden Young
Ayden Young

i bet you're an altean scum

Jordan Clark
Jordan Clark

I do, the only parts I was interested in was the Galra stuff.

Luke Sanders
Luke Sanders

You would say that? You, the guy bringing trips to a knife fight? The hypocrisy of it all, wow.

Landon Jenkins
Landon Jenkins

I think it came in second in the best episode poll, but then I saw a bunch of anons shitting on it for some reason, which I found weird. It was basically like an episode of Samurai Jack, or the closest thing to it.

Mason Foster
Mason Foster

tfw a Voltron Cross Sections book with a huge double-page Voltron diagram and all the internal combining mechanics shit will never happen

Jayden Wright
Jayden Wright

It's because Zarkon is canonically a retard. Lotor is much smarter and needs to go up against Keith's intensity. The show is much more interesting with these two hotshots going at it.

Dylan Green
Dylan Green

I'd get a blood test or something

Mentally and egotistically I'd be insanely curious, but I don't get the emotional attachment worth dying over

Tyler Allen
Tyler Allen

Metrosexuals.

Christopher Hernandez
Christopher Hernandez

Chris Palmer
Sven loves you baby
he's looking at Slav

Gabriel Reyes
Gabriel Reyes

If I had already met a whole bunch of aliens, I genuinely don't think I'd care a whole lot. If I hadn't, then most of my desire to find out would be because "holy shit aliens might exist and have interacted with humans"

I think heritage is just really important to some people, but not others.

Carter Lewis
Carter Lewis

I do

Why?

Parker Kelly
Parker Kelly

He's just a dandy. Back in the day people like that were the equivalent of chads.

Easton Baker
Easton Baker

It's not like Keith has much to live for. He'd like to know the origin of his purple dick, user.

Adrian Collins
Adrian Collins

It drives my dick bananas

Jacob Perez
Jacob Perez

what if Lance screamed like Finn the Human though

I thought it was just ok. But I've never been a fan of the "lone wanderer has encounters that will never be important again in the future" style of storytelling, and I'm also not a big Shiro fan. So it was kind of custom made to hit all the notes that I don't personally care for.

I do really appreciate all the lore speculation it's given us, though. And those two blue alien dudes Shiro/Kuron met were fun.

Hudson Collins
Hudson Collins

Forgot to respond to

Jason Hughes
Jason Hughes

Lance is the most girly

Chase Peterson
Chase Peterson

Steve Ahn was the one who decided there needed to be a tentacle monster in this show

We've been wrong all along. Clearly Stiro is the true OTP.

Isaiah Walker
Isaiah Walker

No, he's part dickhead and other part Space sokka
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzocvh60xBU

Julian Cooper
Julian Cooper

The show is much more interesting with these two hotshots going at it.
I can't wait when they finally meet face to face. It'll be just like my DotU!

Jose King
Jose King

Take your pick anons, Shiromelle or Kallura?

There's no way they will have 2 beautiful ladies in the team and give both of them romantic journeys. In 2k17 they will get complaints about how stereotypical and backwards that is. So there will only be 1 pairing between the two or even none at all.

Adrian Cooper
Adrian Cooper

Suck my dick, you're tall enough for it you fucking manlet

Jaxon Bailey
Jaxon Bailey

You know Lance is the type of guy who would wear a dress and love it.

Matthew Perez
Matthew Perez

You mean Sturon. Kuron will never be a true Shiro no matter how much he wishes.

Jack Edwards
Jack Edwards

A man can have a side waifu.

John Rogers
John Rogers

pance pants

Landon Turner
Landon Turner

Been several days and I still laugh my ass off at that. And the whole Pidge being Italian thing.

Landon Perry
Landon Perry

The little wave of force when he chestbumps with his robot hand made me feel things

Caleb Edwards
Caleb Edwards

i seriously want a gay alien casanova-type character hitting on lance the same way lance hits on women

Cameron Green
Cameron Green

Lance already as the highest pitched scream of the team
Holy shit this. I rewatched the series and I never realized how much Lance fucking screams. Before Allura became a Paladin, Lance was basically the chick of the team as he had no established role apart from getting into distress. It's good that he's becoming the lancer now and Allura makes a better chick.

Austin Young
Austin Young

If he lived today he'd be one of the guys in @brosbeingbasic

Caleb Turner
Caleb Turner

Thanks, I'll check it out. I forgot to add, I'd perefer shows with adult characte, or at least almost adult, so I'll skip Build Figters prpbably
I already said I didn't like Wings. Can't even explain why - I just hated all characters except Relena and Duo, and barely could care for the story.

Benjamin Morris
Benjamin Morris

I found it to be a rare display of the show slowing down on its pacing and actually having pathos though. Normally characters get no time to actually dwell on anything because the show is too concerned with rushing everything along. It never allows moments of characters just having quiet introspection like this.

Shirofag or not, I appreciate the episode for this alone.

Jose Davis
Jose Davis

We haven't even met this show's version of romelle yet, so kallura wins by default.

Jack Wood
Jack Wood

So he's basically Prince is what you're saying.

David Perez
David Perez

I want the real Shiro to come back and pat Keith in the back a la "well done son". Give the boy some recognition. Maybe then he'd stop sperging.

Asher Rivera
Asher Rivera

The first Macross. I'm only a few episodes in but I'm enjoying the classic good-guy personalities of the main characters, the cool 80's style, and I love the detail of the mech/jets/etc.

I'm just getting into old mecha anime though, so I'll be taking a look at what anons suggest to you

Luis Morris
Luis Morris

I think he'd genuinely find something like that emasculating, most of his "feminine" qualities are just part of him being a showoff and vain/into selfcare. He still thinks of himself as very masculine

Benjamin Wright
Benjamin Wright

Romelle is a certainty though at this point.

Levi Sanders
Levi Sanders

actually liking Relena

Jesus fuck, why?

Jayden Anderson
Jayden Anderson

I just don't really care for Shiro. Also unrelated to my initial feelings about the episode, but if it does turn out this guy is actually a clone, this episode just feels like a waste of my time except for a few parts. I would've preferred a whole episode dedicated to the real Shiro at least.

Julian Williams
Julian Williams

Yeah, but we still haven't met her. Can't tell if I'd like a ship if I haven't even seen what one of the characters is like.

Juan Cook
Juan Cook

Art of the team all wearing the same silly is my favorite thing out of anything the voltron fandom produces.

Ryder Murphy
Ryder Murphy

He's probably contractually obligated not to, but it would be cute if Shada snuck in a Finn scream as Lance

https://youtu.be/XapTx13cXpA?t=28s

Juan Butler
Juan Butler

They both happen but Shiromelle isn't endgame because Shiro dies.

Jace Perry
Jace Perry

Shiromelle won't happen because Shiro will die and get cucked by Kuron

Ian Garcia
Ian Garcia

But he already gets more recognition than he deserves. Even Lance would be better at this point, but Shiro never says fuck to him.

And Shiro did say "I'm proud of you" and Keith didn't give two shits.

Liam Howard
Liam Howard

*outfit

Blake Morales
Blake Morales

Yeah, I can appreciate that it's a tricky thing to pull off, and a lot of people love these kinds of episodes so I'm not saying it's BAD or anything. I think I just really highly value interpersonal relationships in shows, so solo episodes usually just don't do it for me. This is also probably why I was never able to get into Samurai Jack

Jose Lopez
Jose Lopez

This would never happen in the show but yeah, I want it bad anyway. Or a T H I C C ayylmao gril that he's too plebian to appreciate

Hudson Fisher
Hudson Fisher

blaytz a cute

Nathaniel Perry
Nathaniel Perry

Lance is a dumb bimbo. He tries to be macho but fails.

Christopher Ortiz
Christopher Ortiz

how old is prince mary sue?
he's clearly an altean/galra hybrid.
in order to be haggar and zarkon's kid, he would have to be thousands of years old
but it doesn't seem like he's corrupted with quintessence.
so that would mean haggar had a child within the last 20 or so years
unless he's some science experiment?

Jack Robinson
Jack Robinson

liking Relena
W-what?

Josiah Martin
Josiah Martin

I think I just really highly value interpersonal relationships in shows

Hm, I find Voltron incredibly lacking in this department so I'm not sure how you can really enjoy this show.

Carter Brown
Carter Brown

Which one did the best? Guessing it's either 4 or 7, which I also liked but had bigger problems with (4 feeling too rushed for all that it introduced, and 7 being mostly an exposition episode which I'm not hugely fond of).

Logan Morris
Logan Morris

You and I are like-minded individuals. I feel the exact same way about Shiro and that episode.

Because Keith knows there is something off about that Shiro.

Nathaniel Green
Nathaniel Green

never made the connection that Lance's VA voiced Finn

Is this was puberty does?

Easton Young
Easton Young

Real Shiro, user. That's not the real guy.

And he's not Lance's mentor nor has it been established in the show that Lance looks up to him as much as Keith does. Considering that it's Keith taking his place right now it makes sense for him to show that appreciation to Keith and not to Lance.

Nolan Sanders
Nolan Sanders

Old enough to be considered a pedophile if he ever had feelings for Allura

Ayden Martin
Ayden Martin

Me neither! It doesn't make a lot of sense and I have spent the last year questioning why I like this dumb show as much as I do.

Nicholas Richardson
Nicholas Richardson

Lotor is either 10K years old or he's a test tube baby. We'll need to see more to figure out which of the options it could be.

Camden Nelson
Camden Nelson

all these red flags and false alarms that Shiro is going to die
practically beaten over the head with this
PSYCHE HE'S ACTUALLY GONNA DIE LOL

Do you want this show to be badly written tripe?

Jaxson Rivera
Jaxson Rivera

That's the big question innit? I think we're going to find out more about that in season 4, as well as them fleshing Lotor out more in general so he's not such a flat villain.

Jacob Young
Jacob Young

Romelle won't be part of the main team. I'm pretty Shiro will join a resistance group and romance her there.

Bentley Foster
Bentley Foster

I think they could pull a similar joke with an alien that's just horrifically non-human, like an actual tentacle monster.

Sebastian Lee
Sebastian Lee

I dunno, she was cute, brave, had good taste in clothes, was't autistic who tries to kill anything that moves, and didnt play violin in stangers' houses. But I stopped watching after 15 something episodes, maybe she turned shit, I don't know

Yes, forgot about this one, need to check it!

Matthew Wright
Matthew Wright

I want them to meet an all male species and all of them fall for Lance.

He likes the attention and falls in love with one of them , too.

Aiden Gonzalez
Aiden Gonzalez

Real Shiro, user. That's not the real guy.

You don't know that though, that's just a headcanon. If it turns out it was Shiro, what then? How can you explain that shitty reaction?

Austin Gray
Austin Gray

Do you want this show to be badly written tripe?
I thought it was this already.

Ethan Mitchell
Ethan Mitchell

but if it does turn out this guy is actually a clone, this episode just feels like a waste of my time except for a few parts.
I think they're going to keep Kuron and make him join another faction in the fight against the Empire. They can't just suddenly introduce a clone and give him a brand new role without showing the audience that he's not, in fact, just a mindless robot but has his own fears and drive for life. All in all I think the solo episode was meant to introduce a new character that's going to be pivotal to the plot, whilst everyone else has had two seasons to develop.

Levi Ross
Levi Ross

So, what did you guys think on the new Voltron?

Carson Sullivan
Carson Sullivan

i just realized something

William Garcia
William Garcia

How can you explain that shitty reaction

Bad writing.

Benjamin Gonzalez
Benjamin Gonzalez

fujos still hate Relena for ruining their precious yaoi ship, after all these years

Austin Jackson
Austin Jackson

They can't be more blatant that it's not the correct Shiro.

Brayden Wright
Brayden Wright

C-can I ask why you two don't care for Shiro without being labelled a militant Shirofag?

Luke Brooks
Luke Brooks

I'm an old Kallurafag who argued with Lotllurafags in my geocities and BBS years, and even I don't want Lotllura to be tainted by that sort of garbage.

Evan Clark
Evan Clark

Shiro's been scarfing down death flags since the first episode. The question is how and when he'll go, not if.

Ayden Scott
Ayden Scott

Did this one a while ago

Connor Thomas
Connor Thomas

Shiro being a fake is as obvious as the Keith being Galra hints in season 1.

Xavier Brooks
Xavier Brooks

It's still just a headcanon, user. Get ready to be disappointed when it turns out it's just a Winter Soldier rehash.

Jaxon Baker
Jaxon Baker

Lance falling for a dude because he's just that desperate for any romantic intimacy is cute

Andrew Jackson
Andrew Jackson

I'm not even a fujo. Relena was legit crazy

Kayden Campbell
Kayden Campbell

Except they have been so unsubtle about it that actually killing him off would be retarded.

Elijah Price
Elijah Price

There's no way they will have 2 beautiful ladies in the team and give both of them romantic journeys.
Sounds like shit you just made up. Besides, I don't think Romelle will be a part of the Voltron Force. She will lead her own resistance like she did in the original series.

Jackson Taylor
Jackson Taylor

If you can't make a few obvious speculations to get discussions going then I don't know how we can continue this conversation, user.

Liam Nelson
Liam Nelson

450 posts
38 posters
Thats about 11-12 posts per person.

Whats the least amount of people you've seen in a single thread with over 100+ replys?

Luke Campbell
Luke Campbell

Not those anons but I'm someone who is neutral on Shiro. I think he's a good leader but I'm just not super invested in his story. I do think he adds a lot to the story and is a decent character I'm just not personally attached to him.

If I was gay or a woman I might be more interested in him but I'm a straight male. I have no problem with people posting a lot about him though because I'm not a sensitive bitch who doesn't know how to scroll past posts I don't care to read.

Jason Russell
Jason Russell

It was on /s4s/. A single user was constantly samefagging to get over 1000 posts.

Carson Perry
Carson Perry

I'm asking what excuse you'll be able to come up with to explain Keith's lukewarm reaction to Shiro telling him he's proud of him, in the event that the Kuron theory ends up being bogus. There's a very, very high probability of this clone theory getting BTFO next season. What then?

Jonathan Lopez
Jonathan Lopez

Four posters on a 500+ post Prince of Egypt thread that was just two guys argueing about Christianity for hours.

Logan Ward
Logan Ward

I personally find Shiro to be boring as hell. While yes in real life I'd be DTF a guy like Shiro, he just doesn't do it for me in his animated form.

And it has nothing to do with my history of having watched DotU. Shiro, to me, seems too perfect. You can argue with me until you turn blue that it's not true, but that is how I feel.

Story wise Shiro is also a fucking crutch. He's a detriment to the characters. He's holding back any development because he plays the daddy role and therefore catches them before they can make a mistake and learn.

My hopes for Shiro is that he fucks off from the group for a long time so the can develop and so poor Shiro can develop as well. I want him to not have to worry all the damn time and play babysitter. I want someone to babysit his ass instead or at least where he can truly be himself.

I just don't care for the boring guy,

Levi Reed
Levi Reed

Then it's shit writing.
There's a very, very high probability of this clone theory getting BTFO next season.
No, clone theory's probability of being true way eclipses the probability of it not being correct.

John Sanchez
John Sanchez

Thanks, and done! Sorry if he came out looking a little weird, I got lazy since the thread seemed to be moving quickly and I didn't want to take too long before it archived..

Jason Howard
Jason Howard

I might be more interested in him but I'm a straight male

I'm a straight male and I'm interested in him because I'm not a teenager. I can't relate to a bunch of teenage shonen protagonists like I can with the mid 20 year old.

Charles Martinez
Charles Martinez

Holy shit.

Adrian Hughes
Adrian Hughes

just two guys argueing about Christianity for hours.

Nathan James
Nathan James

I'm kind of not a fan of his design and I'm not really interested in him personality-wise outside of his PTSD. I don't dislike him though, I think he's a good guy and a good leader.

Liam Butler
Liam Butler

/s4s/
Of course, of course.

Lucas Thomas
Lucas Thomas

And it has nothing to do with my history of having watched DotU. Shiro, to me, seems too perfect. You can argue with me until you turn blue that it's not true, but that is how I feel.
Same. I think he tries too hard to mask his weaknesses. He doesn't let anybody in whereas he tries to help everyone. That's not going to do him any good. Though I don't think he's going to separate from the Voltron Force or die.

Xavier Brown
Xavier Brown

I think part of it is just how much of his character arc is centered on what the galra did to him and his ptsd, which is fine, but I've never been that into characters where so much of the focus is on their backstory. I think I'm bored with Keith for similar reasons.

Shiro also is just, too perfect? Maybe that sounds weird coming from someone who dislikes him, but I like my characters to have notable personality flaws that cause conflict sometimes. He's just level headed and smart and kind basically all the time. All of his "flaws" are externally inflicted.

Also some of this. Shiro's the mentor figure, the sturdy rock everyone can turn to. There's a reason stories don't usually focus on that kind of character; they get killed or otherwise written out to make room for the more heavily flawed characters to grow.

Relatedly, every time Keith fucks up and the narrative acknowledges that he fucked up, I like him just a little bit more.

Austin Smith
Austin Smith

If any anons are feeling generous can you post some cute or funny team pictures?

Easton Cooper
Easton Cooper

I'm not even surprised.

Brody Sanders
Brody Sanders

desu I feel like Shiro is more of a character in his own right compared to the others. I mean, he's basically the main character after Keith, the rest are all window dressing and comic relief. Pidge may actually be interesting next season, but she'll definitely fall off the radar once again after the Matt story is resolved.

Henry Flores
Henry Flores

My hopes for Shiro is that he fucks off from the group for a long time
He's going to join the rebels with Matt.

Hunter Mitchell
Hunter Mitchell

I bet Sendak is laying on the bed, still naked.

Landon Hernandez
Landon Hernandez

Was planning on making this for a while but seems appropriate given the discussion, shame about the lack of IPs though.
Do you think Kuron is a clone Y/N? Post what you actually think is going to happen, regardless of what you want to happen.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13694187

Oliver Hall
Oliver Hall

Shiro's the mentor figure, the sturdy rock everyone can turn to.

I hate this meme.

Jordan Collins
Jordan Collins

I find that his only "flaw" is his PTSD which is not a flaw at all. Or him getting upset with Slav. I will never understand why anyone thinking him losing his temper over a crazy schizo is a "flaw."

Leo Russell
Leo Russell

I thought the dude that was fighting alongside Matt was Kuron.

Blake Roberts
Blake Roberts

I love cute groupshots

Christopher Torres
Christopher Torres

it's a cartoon for children. the writing might have improved a lot in season 3, but it's not exactly high art.

Camden Rogers
Camden Rogers

I feel like people who buy into the daddy meme are teens or younger.

Dylan Carter
Dylan Carter

It's just our opinion. We can never mention the perfect mentor thing without some sperging that it's not true.

Ryan Campbell
Ryan Campbell

She will lead her own resistance like she did in the original series
So.... Romatt confirmed?

Kayden Brooks
Kayden Brooks

Casual "day in the life" episode when?

Luke Walker
Luke Walker

No, he's definitely a mentor, it's the sturdy rock thing that bothers me. Dude is clearly not sturdy.

James Cook
James Cook

Sendak likes to rub Raht's face from a distance with his enhanced arm

Gavin Sullivan
Gavin Sullivan

Whether or not the PTSD was the result of his own actions I think it's going to build up as the show goes on and all the responsibility of having the team on his back is going to cause him to crack under the pressure via unhealthy coping mechanisms. In my opinion letting it escalate to that kind of breakdown before trying to head it off counts as a kind of flaw.

Nathaniel Richardson
Nathaniel Richardson

Where the fuck did this crack ship come from?

Benjamin Roberts
Benjamin Roberts

I am personally responsible for at least 30 posts in this threadincluding the OP user, do not shortchange me.

Asher Ross
Asher Ross

"Come to bed, dear."

Ethan Sanchez
Ethan Sanchez

It is how he entices Raht into bed with him.

Robert Brooks
Robert Brooks

Click image for lewd Allura.

Chase White
Chase White

I just want Romelle to heal him and he doesn't have to pilot that stupid slut Black. Is it too much to ask for?

Ayden Hill
Ayden Hill

We used to have a retard here who shipped MattxRomelle because they believed Romelle was gonna be a femdom pirate chick and Matt was a pussy ass slave boy. Now we know Matt is a gar alpha rebel and Romelle is a feminine mommy leader.

Thomas Myers
Thomas Myers

Agreed, I think however the fact that it's the role he's played for the team and that this is what's expected of him will contribute to however his character arc plays out. He's not just Roy Fokker 2.0. They have plans for him.

Original Romelle was in charge of rebel forces, Matt is clearly working with the rebels for a yet-unknown faction whereas as far as we know there's no evidence of the same for Shiro, clone or not.

Juan King
Juan King

This reminds me, I first saw this a while back in early/mid july but Akiman (Akira Yasuda, character designer for Turn A Gundam) seems to like the show. He had a few comments, I can't remember them all but he tweeted stuff like Lotor is amazing, the Blade of Marmora are cool, the animation is good, S3 passed in the blink of an eye, etc. I'm sure someone in the staff has gotta be a fan of Turn A, I hope they know or find out about that because I'd shit my pants if it had been about something I'd created. It's weird because the show is still pretty niche but people in the industry are more likely to watch it so you'll get some big names who've seen the show even though it's relatively unknown to most people there.
I'm not a fan of the space dad meme, but Josh and some of the official side materials kind of push it.

Owen Evans
Owen Evans

Is it just me, or does _he look chubbier here?

Jacob Butler
Jacob Butler

die

Isaac Diaz
Isaac Diaz

I'm wondering if people who prefer the other Paladins over Shiro skew towards being younger. Or if people who prefer Shiro over the Paladins skew towards being older.

Not out of any malicious intent though, just out of curiosity. I know most older lads like myself can't really relate to teenage characters anymore. I find the grizzled older mentor characters with the world on their shoulders more relateable. Any other 20-somethings else feel the same?

Carter Gutierrez
Carter Gutierrez

I never once believed Shiro would ever be Roy Focker. Maybe it's my old nostalgiafag intuition, but I have always felt they were going to go the Sven route with Shiro. He will live and he will be separated and have his own adventures, and get the best girl.

Romelle is a feminine mommy leader.
I want Shiro to get mommy'd by Romelle.

Jace Morales
Jace Morales

Oh, Hunk and Lance, not a bad surpri-
MOTHERFU

Joseph Baker
Joseph Baker

Believe it or not I'm 30 years old, and I just don't care about Shiro.

I don't relate to any of the characters at all, but that doesn't mean I can't like them.

Andrew Richardson
Andrew Richardson

damn that's pretty cool

Brayden Sanchez
Brayden Sanchez

Shiro and Romelle are the space parents of the show
Kek, the Shallurafags are gonna be so fucking mad.

Cooper King
Cooper King

I'm 26, I don't hate Shiro, but he's not very interesting to me, and I find the personality flaws of the teens more interesting to watch whether I relate to them or not.

Christopher Gray
Christopher Gray

Judging from episode 7, I think what's going to happen is Shiro will start feeling less and less relevant or useful to the team since Keith is now directly disobeying orders and growing more competent. And with his mind even more fucked now than it was before, that's not going to go over well.

Ethan Howard
Ethan Howard

What's a 30 year old doing watching a kid's show?

Dominic Moore
Dominic Moore

We're autosaging now so I wanted to post the shipping poll but Sup Forums has decided that surveymonkey is spam, I guess.

William Myers
William Myers

Is it that time of the thread again?

Jaxon Cooper
Jaxon Cooper

Romelle also went through a lot of shit and was pretty tough. She and Shiro would get along pretty well.

Thomas Roberts
Thomas Roberts

I have a huge thing for spacesuits, and that is a sweet spacesuit. Voltron's retro-modern styling is one of my favorite things about it.

Cameron Sullivan
Cameron Sullivan

show the reboot was based on aired 30 years ago
Gee, I wonder.

Adrian Perry
Adrian Perry

Raht is one of the freakiest people behind closed doors
Sendak is always extra happy after a night with him

David Cruz
David Cruz

I'm almost 30, and my favorite characters are Shiro and Pidge. But for different reasons so I don't know if it's an age or relatability thing. I do identify more with Pidge in a lot of ways but I find that mostly coincidental, and it's more because she's cute, funny, and resourceful. For Shiro I just find his overall story interesting, the fact that he's a reliable nice guy is a bonus and makes his inevitable slide towards breakdown more fascinating to watch.

Relatability has never been a thing I cared about when it comes to fiction, as long as they don't act in ways that are completely alien to me. I think that might be part of why I don't care for Keith. Who is literally part alien and somewhat out of his mind.

Alexander Fisher
Alexander Fisher

Is it just me or does this particular shot look a bit cheaply drawn? I thought this was fanart trying to mimic the actual show for a second

Daniel Carter
Daniel Carter

I want Shiro to get mommy'd by Romelle.
Shiro will stay with the group. Kuron will join the rebels. Kuron will get mommy'd by Romelle.

Blake Morgan
Blake Morgan

I didn't come to these threads for this shit smdh

Ethan Wright
Ethan Wright

Phew, I'm not the only one who over 30.
The same thing everyone who is over 12 doing here - nostalgia and fapping to cute cartoon characters.

Ryan Morris
Ryan Morris

You're still watching a children's show in threads that talk about fucking teenagers all day.

Tyler James
Tyler James

I'll admit I used to be a big fan of Undertale back in the day though I avoided the worst excesses of the fandom. Shocked they made Hunk Sans though because if anyone's fans are like the Sansfags it'd be closer to Lance.

Henry Miller
Henry Miller

Kuron will die.

Thomas Williams
Thomas Williams

Wait, that's an actual thing? I was just joking. Shit, I hope I didn't accidentally meme magic it.

Jose Richardson
Jose Richardson

space mall was the best episode

Mason Murphy
Mason Murphy

Try this.
https://poal.me/

Aaron Moore
Aaron Moore

I'm on the older side and don't really prefer any of them over the other (outside of characterfagging for fun). They all have traits I find relatable either personally or from friends/family.

Ryan Reyes
Ryan Reyes

Does the clone subplot interest you in any way? I know I became a Shirofag after this season.

Brayden Parker
Brayden Parker

All Raht needed was some guidance. Sendak was the right guy for that. His first time was after the two got married.

Brayden Young
Brayden Young

Yes, we used to have a RomellexMatt user and they were completely serious. They would post in these threads a lot about how Romelle was now a sexy pirate girl and she was the one who rescued Matt from Galra captivity to make him her sex slave.

Joseph Moore
Joseph Moore

It's hard for me to tell if I relate to Pidge, or if she's just a type of character I really like, but I'm 26 and she's my favorite by a landslide. I have found I have more difficulty relating to teenage characters than I used to, but I think it depends a ton on the show and the specific characters and how they're framed.

Adam Taylor
Adam Taylor

Do you want me to bang pots and pans until people stop posting anything inappropriate? I'm not even the user you were replying to, nor am I 30, but this is maybe one of the few times I could get why olds would post in the threads.

Connor Powell
Connor Powell

Can you post the part of the url that comes after surveymonkey dot com?

Nolan Cruz
Nolan Cruz

Look at how seriously everyone is taking this kids cartoon and fapping to the teenagers in this thread.

Adrian Flores
Adrian Flores

Curious but has the staff of this show talked about what other mecha series they've watched and used as inspiration for this one? Gurren Lagann probably being the most obvious answer here.
If any anons plan to attend cons for the show do you think it's a question you'd be willing to ask the staff?

Juan Murphy
Juan Murphy

It's interesting, yes. I won't deny that, but it doesn't make Shiro any better for me. I need to see how the real Shiro is doing before I can say I like him better,

Robert Davis
Robert Davis

I'm not really a characterfag, I watch Voltron because I want to tune off my brain and see giant robots duking it out in space. I think having Shiro in there definitely balances out the team, though. He provides a very good and stable offence force for the team. Team dynamics-wise he also calms down the crazy teenage vibe.

Jordan Stewart
Jordan Stewart

I still remember Romatt user.

Gabriel Nelson
Gabriel Nelson

Raht is so reserved that he's the type to refuse sex before marriage
Because of his upbringing (Side note: Those wrinkles under his eyes in the show means he actually is older. Chalk another up for galrafag meme magic if that counts)

Joseph Morales
Joseph Morales

Different user here. I fucking love a well-done clone plot. Rarely happens though, they're usually an excuse to write a character's "death" without actually sacrificing the status quo.

Adrian Williams
Adrian Williams

32 years old here. Nice to see I'm not alone.
Raht can be freaky, but not always. When he is freaky, Sendak is left feeling all the more satisfied.

Nathaniel Thompson
Nathaniel Thompson

I don't feel very strongly about it one way or the other. I'll see how it plays out and then decide if I like it. I'm a little incredulous a clone subplot can be executed in a good way though, it's one of those tropes you generally want to stay away from, like time travel, vampires, evil twins, it was all a dream, etc.

Hudson Morris
Hudson Morris

yeah
New poll is at
survey monkies dot corn:
/r/96F8VSR

It and strawpoll don't allow me to do the dumb convoluted poll type that I am apparently dead set on doing

Leo Bailey
Leo Bailey

The only con I'll ever be attending is SDCC, so you can count on me for those panels. I hope there is an user willing to go to NYCC.

Henry Allen
Henry Allen

It takes all kinds I guess.

Alexander Edwards
Alexander Edwards

Yes but thanks to Sendak Raht was able to let go a bit of those inhibitions, especially in bed.

It's usually a behind closed doors thing, but they both agree that vanilla is best.

Carter Watson
Carter Watson

Raht gradually does extra things and Sendak never expected him to like them

Landon Smith
Landon Smith

Voltron's retro-modern styling is one of my favorite things about it.
Yeah, I dig it too. Is there an actual name for it, like retro-futurism or something?

Nolan Cox
Nolan Cox

He was a little bit nervous his first night, because Sendak had experience with others before him. But Sendak reassured him that no one else in his past mattered.
Sendak finds the reserved nature, but the willingness to try other things sometimes to be a massive turn on. But yes, most nights, they are completely fine with vanilla.

Mason Cox
Mason Cox

Zarkon needs to invest in CCTV.

Asher Ramirez
Asher Ramirez

my favorite characters are Shiro and Pidge
Great taste senpai. I like them both for the same reasons you mentioned, and I'm 18.

Juan Rogers
Juan Rogers

Vanilla in Galra culture is a sign that you have a very loving marriage.

Justin Hughes
Justin Hughes

Their first time, and Raht's as well, he's only kissing Sendak so far
Sendak: You like taking it slow?
Raht: Well it's only this or doing other...things (he's thinking about dirtier aspects of it)
Sendak: Do you need help?
Raht...Yes, if you would.
Sendak: It's easy, you just kiss, and we let each other go on from there.
This is when Raht learns what's he's been missing out on

Liam Hernandez
Liam Hernandez

Kind of? His facial proportions do look pretty off, and the episode did have a lot of issues with being off-model in general like the scar disappearing and overall lack of consistency with Kuron's face. But that could also be an intentional choice given how uncanny valley Kuron was in general. At the same time the whole season did seem to take a hit in the budget so it's hard to tell.

I did notice that Kuron had those creases next to his eyes a lot of the time, which I think original Shiro did but not this consistently or prominently. The ones in episode 5 can definitely be attributed to stress, and maybe that explains his issues in episode 6 too.

Jose James
Jose James

Yeah, he looks very different from the Shiro in season 1 & 2. It's subtle but it's there.

Jaxson Perry
Jaxson Perry

Well yeah, they do value loving in the sense of affection rather than sexuality. If two galra can't kiss without thinking of boning, then the spark of love just isn't there.

Isaiah Hughes
Isaiah Hughes

Are there any good images of Zarkon's Epyon mech in season 2? The show's been kind of mixed in terms of the robot designs but that one was a standout. I'm hoping Lotor's will turn out to look as cool.

Gavin Torres
Gavin Torres

his freakin hair-thingy goes up instead of down now, how is anyone fooled by this sham

Kayden Fisher
Kayden Fisher

I know the series wants to portray Shiro as the mentor figure, and he sometimes does fill this role to a certain degree, but there's just something off about him and the things that the role usually come with.

Asher Stewart
Asher Stewart

Throk, for example, may seem like the sort to be using Bara, but he genuinely loves his husband and showers him with kisses and lunches he made himself.

Angel Torres
Angel Torres

If Josh is allowed to be on a panel I'll definitely go.

Connor Morris
Connor Morris

Sendak is a patient and thorough lover. And he's pleased to find out Raht is a quick learner.
The Galra are the purest species of all. Just look at how Zarkon is with Honerva. Does this mean we memed Galra purity into reality?

Liam Bell
Liam Bell

there's just something off about him and the things that the role usually come with.
Could you elaborate on this? I felt a bit of it too but I don't know how to explain it exactly.

Tyler Green
Tyler Green

Pretty much, but it's a particular flavor of it that you don't see much of. Usually that refers to a kind of "rocket-punk," Flash Gordon-style, whereas Voltron is really a modernized 80's action cartoon/sentai show.

Blake Fisher
Blake Fisher

Does this mean we memed Galra purity into reality?
I believe we did. And before we start galrafagging, folks would imply they were space rapists.

They're just people trying to make a living and have spouses and families they love.

Lucas Bailey
Lucas Bailey

Bara is the only one that's safe from his gossip bullshit

Asher Fisher
Asher Fisher

Really it's hard to tell how much of it is due to animator art style signatures because that can also have a big effect on how a character looks in a given scene in animation. Look at the various depictions of the Major in SAC, and the first season of Jojo.
I'd argue that Kuron also looked just as off model in episode 5, but people don't point it out because hey, it was a good look for him, and because the long hair and the scruff are more obvious confounding factors to explain why his face might look off.

At least in anime, not sure about western productions, I know the process tends to be that the first season has the most experienced animators and stringent oversight on it, then after the show's established itself they let go and leave it to the less experienced animators. Which would explain why folks like Palmer and Ahn left mid-season. At this point in development I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for Voltron.

Samuel Diaz
Samuel Diaz

Throk will never in his life tell anyone the why and how Bara lost his hands
He massages his stumps after work.

Jaxon Fisher
Jaxon Fisher

The Galra view rape as one of the worst things you can do, and rapists are punished severely. If you're so pathetic you have to force yourself onto someone, they have no pity for you.

Sebastian Garcia
Sebastian Garcia

Galra only get bad rap because of dark quintessence
Why do Alteans insist on being such shits all the time?

Benjamin Watson
Benjamin Watson

Not even Morvok resorts to that. Prostitution is a noble and protected profession.

Ethan Myers
Ethan Myers

Not that user but it's probably because he lets himself be vulnerable when he's not around the whole team. Like when he gets that wound from Haggar and he and Keith are stranded. He loses his facade and seems vulnerable outside of his PTSD flashbacks. Most Mentor figures are completely untouchable, save for a great sacrifice. But thats just my viewing

inb4 sheithfag

Mason Price
Mason Price

Prostitutes like Morvok because he gives great foot massages and tips well.

Charles Myers
Charles Myers

Any commander that has to deal with one of their crew raping someone during service has to space the rapist in question, as they should

Noah Long
Noah Long

God I love the disembodied wings on that thing. It reminds me of Anubis from Zone of Enders.

Austin Peterson
Austin Peterson

I found it kind of interesting that the Galra had a strict caste system even before the war, but were still part of what seemed to be a large, multicultural federation. It'd be neat to see how different all the species in the Voltron alliance were.

Kayden Gomez
Kayden Gomez

The prostitutes that have never serviced Morvok think he's creepy and dumpy, but the ones that have keep quiet because it's the best reprieve they've ever gotten.

They even fight for Morvok.

Ayden Torres
Ayden Torres

Voltes V
Goodled it, and looks like protagonist is a clone of Keith. Black haired guys with mullets were everywhere in 70s!

Christopher Cook
Christopher Cook

Morvok massages feet but doesn't resort to sucking on toes
Morvok thinks of himself as a gentleman because of that
Footfags are still footfags, no matter how vanilla they approach it

Joshua Wilson
Joshua Wilson

I mean his bio in the guidebook even has him mentioning that he's stressed as shit. He just tries to brush it off with sarcasm.

Hunter Murphy
Hunter Murphy

I'm one of the people who's not super jazzed about Shiro, but that scene with him and Keith where he was joking about his wound was my favorite Shiro scene thus far. If he used more of that deadpan, sorta dark humor, I think I'd like him more. Hell, now that he's not team leader, maybe that'll give him room to relax and be himself a bit more.

Ayden Garcia
Ayden Garcia

Akira Kogane's design is pretty standard for the era. Leiji Matsumoto does a lot of it with his characters too. Not the Harlock archetype, but Kodai from Yamato and Shep from Interstella, Ryoma Nagare to an extent.
It's why on the occasions I draw Keith I usually like to make his sideburns fluffier and more Nagai-like. It's fun.

Michael Taylor
Michael Taylor

I hope we get backstory on why they look different now. I didn't see any furry looking Galra in the flashbacks. I wonder if they were a different caste, or if they just didn't exist yet.
He'll bring them lunches sometimes too. Morvok makes the best lunches.

David Rogers
David Rogers

Soldier: Hey Throk, you got any details on your hubbie? I know you like to sh- Ack!
Throk has pinned the soldier with one arm, by the throat
Throk: I know I have a certain reputation, but don't think I would ever tell anyone his secrets, especially to the likes to you.
He releases the soldier, and walks about his day, content in knowing Bara can still trust him

Adrian Campbell
Adrian Campbell

go off on an important mission
get turned into a science experiment
team is growing further and further away from you
they're needing you less and less
you have severe PTSD and brain problems you're not dealing with

Shiro's existence is pretty depressing.

Liam Price
Liam Price

Same here. Although, the alliance probably didn't last long considering that the new interview confirmed that it was their cultural differences along with other unnamed events that caused a schism between Alfor & Zarkon.

Which might have meant that Empress Allura grew up during an extremely politically unstable environment, which explains why she went so fascist so quickly.

Nathan Peterson
Nathan Peterson

Those are neat designs by the way. I'd love to see cowboy Lance and Pidge in Sailor fuku

Lincoln Perry
Lincoln Perry

even the Zarkon Epyon has a large crotchplate
For what purpose?

Throk is very scary when it deals with his husband.

Alexander Moore
Alexander Moore

I really think that he/Kuron and Allura might swap duties on the Blue Lion when this is all and done. After all she still has some aspects of the Castle Ship only she can control.
And learning to shift roles from being the main leader and decision maker into a reliable supporting pillar, which is a bit more in line with his mentorly position, will be an interesting direction for Shiro to go, besides replicating the fact that Sven always piloted the Blue lion.

Adrian Smith
Adrian Smith

Zarkon is so self-absorbed, he had them build a dick for his robot.

Michael Martin
Michael Martin

So he's a human being with a fucked up past with flaws, how is that not still an accurate description of him?

Isaiah Robinson
Isaiah Robinson

Green Keith
Cowboy Lance
/fit/ Hunk
Businessman Sven
Bluellura
The kid

David Taylor
David Taylor

I strongly doubt that they're gonna have shiro/kuron go back to piloting a lion, but I don't have anything concrete to point to to explain this certainty. It'd just feel wrong to me. I guess part of it is, I can't see where they could take Allura's character arc such that giving up piloting is a step forward for her. She's already improved so much at piloting blue; Shiro was basically perfect at piloting black from the very start.

Lincoln Phillips
Lincoln Phillips

I love Keith's hair desu, no matter how much people may shit on it

James Sullivan
James Sullivan

user said what their issue with that post was right here, numbnuts

Xavier Fisher
Xavier Fisher

Did you forget about the interview where they mentioned they always planned for Allura to be a Paladin?

Joseph Lee
Joseph Lee

Mecha designer might've been a big ZOE fan? Really curious who handles the CG part of the show and if that's also Mir because it's way better than the level of Korra.

Liam Butler
Liam Butler

I want the paladins to collapse and fall asleep together after a long hard battle, kinda like the strawhats after the alabasta arc

Ryan James
Ryan James

Is there a place that has all the interviews?

Ethan Brown
Ethan Brown

Okay, I've been thinking for a while and tried my best to put this into words.

1) He doesn't seem to be the perfect, untouchable big brother/mentor. He only appears to be perfect, but I think - and I remember an interview with Josh about this as well - that it's all just him putting up a brave front. Similar to but more subtle than Lance's bravado.
2) He has his own subplot that's important to the story and is yet to be resolved. Most mentor figures don't have their own stories to tell and are there with the protag from the beginning, with the same background. Even with mentor figures that have their own mysterious backstory, like e.g. Lockon from 00, the event is a secret to the audience but not the mentor figure. He knows what happened to him, he knows who he needs to extract revenge from, and he is focused on it. Shiro has gaps in his memories from his time in captivity and most likely doesn't know the extent of the Galra's experiments on him. He doesn't seem hung up on getting revenge, either.
3) The mentor figure is usually almost always seen through the eyes of the protag, and usually the first few episodes would have already elaborated why he is seen that way on a personal level. Like, say, Kamina and Simon. First episode shows why Simon looks up to Kamina, because he shields him from the bullies. While we can make speculations on why Keith looks up to Shiro, the story hasn't shown us yet why that's the case in the first place.
4) Even though he gives Keith advice, I think he sees Keith as an equal in a lot of instances too. Like pointed out. He's not preachy about giving advice to Keith and thinking about it, the amount of time he's given Keith support vs Keith giving him support would be nearly equal if not more the latter, what with Shiro needing to be saved quite frequently so far.

God that was way too long.

Lincoln Thomas
Lincoln Thomas

I guess we can start making a pastebin so it doesn't all sound like hearsay.

http://www.rotoscopers.com/2017/08/10/interview-with-joaquim-dos-santos-and-lauren-montgomery-of-voltron-legendary-defender/

Cameron Hill
Cameron Hill

Yeah I know that. I suspect Allura to be the main pilot for Blue from now on. I just mean that Shiro will at some point get in Blue, if not pop in as a reliable pinch hitter. Of the lions it's the one that would probably fit the direction his character is going the most.
And even if his hand basically acts as a bayard substitute we don't know what weapon he'd get from using a bayard, and I strongly believe we'll find out at some point.

Isaac Cooper
Isaac Cooper

everyone forgetting Shiro's greatest flaw

There is literally nothing more worthless than a waifu that can't cook.

Angel Rogers
Angel Rogers

I thought it was kind of weird that the flashback totally glossed over WHY the Galra went along with the obviously space-roided out zombie Zarkon and started a genocidal war, when Alteans and Galra were close enough beforehand to have been living alongside one another on the Galra homeworld and even allowing intermarriage of their most important political figures.

Aaron Martin
Aaron Martin

Shame. He looks like those gym rats who do meal plans and eat only chicken breast and salad.

Nolan Campbell
Nolan Campbell

Reminder that he murdered his own brother with chicken nuggets

Lincoln Russell
Lincoln Russell

that it's all just him putting up a brave front

This is pretty obvious, I'm surprised it goes over a lot of people's heads. Hell, his centralness to the plot as a whole already separates him from your typical mentor stand in.

Joshua Morris
Joshua Morris

be a Galra
king is suddenly killed during an expedition to safe your planet
Alien king tells you "Welp we need to blow it all up! Everyone leave!"
your entire homeworld is completely destroyed and will NEVER EVER return because the Altean guy said so
turns out your Galra king is back
King says Altean guy ruined everything and we must retaliate for the heavy crimes

They have no reason not to believe Zarkon.

Jonathan Parker
Jonathan Parker

Well, first they're told their Emperor and Empress are dead by the Altean ruler, and that same Altean ruler is the one who gives the order to destroy their homeworld. Then their Emperor shows up on tv, apparently alive after all. I can see some getting pissed that Alfor "lied" to them. And for others, it's a simple case of your ruler giving you a command, probably.

Eli King
Eli King

Yeah I noticed it's kind of funny how despite being in the older mentor position Shiro tends to play the damsel in distress role so much, which isn't very mentorly at all. I don' t know if I'd definitely call it a fakeout necessarily but the mentor position he's initially established as is not something meant to last. It's why I don't think he's going to die unless it's like the very end or something.

Luke Powell
Luke Powell

see Kuron cooking delicious scrambled space goo in the kitchen
everybody: WHO ARE YOU REEEEEEEE

Chase Moore
Chase Moore

return and thread is nice and chill again

I love you anons.

Anthony Evans
Anthony Evans

We Are! is probably one of the best and most iconic anime theme songs ever.

Connor Foster
Connor Foster

I suppose, but did no one notice the widening crack into another universe, or remember the time they had to build a super robot just to fight a giant monster from it? Or the giant explosion of extradimensional evil? I guess it depends on what was and wasn't public knowledge.

Kayden White
Kayden White

He looks so distraught by it.

Colton Diaz
Colton Diaz

And given that Coran was one of the few people who knew the truth and he was out of commission for 10000 years there wasn't really anyone to counter it. I forget if the Blade of Marmora rebelled because they had philosophical differences with Zarkon over the war itself or because they happened to be in on the truth though.

James Campbell
James Campbell

This is a really good post. I'm not even an ardent Shirofag, but those who just write him off as "oh, he's the sturdy rock mentor figure" are doing him a great disservice and just outright ignoring actual plot points. I don't know how you can watch episodes like Crystal Venom and think "yeah, he's the well adjusted rock of the group, the shoulder everyone cries on".

4) Even though he gives Keith advice, I think he sees Keith as an equal in a lot of instances too. Like pointed out. He's not preachy about giving advice to Keith and thinking about it, the amount of time he's given Keith support vs Keith giving him support would be nearly equal if not more the latter, what with Shiro needing to be saved quite frequently so far.

This is also an interesting dynamic that few ever explore.

Gavin Lee
Gavin Lee

No sfu i can't have another caesar

Grayson Reed
Grayson Reed

I don't think that was public knowledge. Even so, your planet was destroyed because an Altean guy said it had to. There would be some lingering resentment don't you think?

I still believe Coran is hiding more things.

Sebastian Turner
Sebastian Turner

Actually, if there is a heroic sacrifice to be made within the group, I think it might be Coran going allahuakbar.

Christopher Watson
Christopher Watson

Love you too, baby.

Brody Roberts
Brody Roberts

I'm not sure how much the mass populice knew. Zarkon does say when the meteor first hits, that he evacuated Galra from around the site. So it could be they kept that area pretty closed off and didn't tell the people much.

Nathan Cox
Nathan Cox

He knows nobody will want to marry him if he can't even make cookies.

David Phillips
David Phillips

implying it won't be Garrett

Carson Morris
Carson Morris

Would you choke down Shiro's deadly cooking in order to make him feel better, /vld/?

Luis Perez
Luis Perez

It's alright, Sadak still gave him the purple cock in prison anyway.

Jason Jackson
Jason Jackson

But who would be this show's Joseph? Keith is hotblooded but he's not funny. Lance is goofy and starts dumb fights but he's not very clever. Shiro's got the body and metal arm but he's not that aggressive.

Joseph Collins
Joseph Collins

Never. I'll take my chances with Coran's food.

Evan Phillips
Evan Phillips

No way. We all know what happened to his brother. I'm not gonna risk it.

Jeremiah Rodriguez
Jeremiah Rodriguez

Someone can probably make a better one, but here you go

Josiah Morales
Josiah Morales

These threads seem to start off shit and then get good at the very end.

We're doing things backwards.

Leo Mitchell
Leo Mitchell

No, that's not worth dying for. If he feels really bad about it, offer him a bj or something.

Samuel Harris
Samuel Harris

Of course.

Logan Russell
Logan Russell

Thanks user. Good to see that my word vomit somehow makes sense.

Ha. Put it that way and his role is definitely not as macho as your typical big bro/mentor. Now I can't stop thinking of Shiro as princess peach. Maybe Lauren will get pissed again.

Brandon Brown
Brandon Brown

You make a lot of good points user, and it's got me thinking... I might just see Shiro as a bit of a mary sue?

That's not exactly the term I want to use, and I know it's kind of fightin' words, but I'm honestly not trying to shit on him. Just still trying to sort through why I'm so uninterested in him.

Maybe less mary sue and more, the tropes his character leans on are mostly ones I don't find interesting? That's at least a more diplomatic way of putting it.

Cause we've got
smart, strong, handsome, kind, and patient, pretty much always
everyone likes him and looks up to him, I can't think of any character(besides Slav I guess)who's had a single negative thing to say about him
amnesia(some, anyway)
tragic backstory that resulted in him getting a kickass battle toy
mastered his Lion pretty much immediately while the rest of the team were babes in the woods
levelled up his lion connection while everyone else was still playing catch-up
he's only really lost his cool as a result of aforementioned tragic backstory(again slav being the one exception)

I think the flaws mentioned before in this thread could potentially balance him out, and I hope that happens, but so far they all strike me as somewhat hypothetical. They haven't had much focus, or caused significant problems yet, and I don't feel like I can really take them under consideration until they do.

Again, not trying to shit on the character, it just always puzzles me a lot when I'm ambivalent at best toward something that other people are very passionate about.

Christian Carter
Christian Carter

I'll let Keith take one for the team.

Nathan James
Nathan James

But look at his face. You'll make the poor thing burst into treats.

Cooper Sanders
Cooper Sanders

Lance is a bitch who doesn't adhere to the bro code confirmed

Brandon Collins
Brandon Collins

RIP Ryou

Jacob Kelly
Jacob Kelly

He might as well be a fucking pinata then, I ain't eating his shit tier food

Logan Morgan
Logan Morgan

THIS IS THE FUTURE YOU CHOSE

Nicholas Ortiz
Nicholas Ortiz

You'll make the poor thing burst into treats.

He'll burst into treats that are much tastier than the food he cooked.

Austin Collins
Austin Collins

I'm waiting for him to get a character arc before I care much. Like yeah, there's hints that he's not as stable as the front he puts up, but it's just that, hints and not much real exploration. I want to see some growth.

Angel Roberts
Angel Roberts

His treats would taset better than the garbage he calls "food."

Samuel Miller
Samuel Miller

CLONED.com

Christian Flores
Christian Flores

This is a much better harem.

Brayden Barnes
Brayden Barnes

You think he's getting flashbacks to when he killed Ryou?

Ian Powell
Ian Powell

Sendak's ears reminds me of my chinchilla's

Joshua Garcia
Joshua Garcia

But he'd be perfect for breeding though.

Josiah Flores
Josiah Flores

I bet Sendak is soft like a chinchilla. Raht loves snuggling into his chinchilla fur.

Lincoln Fisher
Lincoln Fisher

where the FUCK is THROK

Austin Wright
Austin Wright

His pose in the last panel is so fucking perfect.

Logan Richardson
Logan Richardson

I mean, after this season, can you honestly say they're not going to expand further on Shiro? This is like writing Keith off as a bad leader because he's not great right now when it's obvious they're going to get to that point eventually. You can't just want the show to blow its load so quick, especially on arguably the second most pivotal character.

Hudson Brooks
Hudson Brooks

Throk is the one who took the pic.

Christian Parker
Christian Parker

Raht was so surprised by its softness. He's heard stories about it but when he finally did touch Sendak's fur he was amazed.

John Collins
John Collins

Not a worry user. I can't really say much if the tropes about his character are just the ones you don't find interesting - that is your opinion and I won't hate you for that.

From your post though, if I can give my two cents.

I reckon it's always best to remember that Shiro is not just an ordinary guy like Lance or Hunk (sorry characterfags). He's the Garrison's pride and joy, star pilot of his cohort or something. So, if the below didn't happen:
mastered his Lion pretty much immediately while the rest of the team were babes in the woods
levelled up his lion connection while everyone else was still playing catch-up
smart, strong, handsome, kind, and patient, pretty much always
to me that would be inconsistent with the information we were given about the character. Advantageous traits need to be given to our heroes so there is a good reason why they're heroes who kick ass instead of just getting their ass kicked. Shiro's a really good pilot, top of his class, very diplomatic/calm leader. Keith is also a really good pilot who's got insane intuition. Pidge is ridiculously good at tech, which I'd say should be inconceivable, but like mentioned, it's a cartoon and she's one of the heroes.

everyone likes him and looks up to him, I can't think of any character(besides Slav I guess)who's had a single negative thing to say about him
Well, if there's a super talented pilot who's nice to everybody and is a good team leader, it won't make much sense if they dislike him for no reason.

tragic backstory
Because VLD seems to like a lot of story telling from outside the Empire and within the Empire as well, it'd make sense from a plot perspective that they have someone in the team who had a taste of their rule. I can't really comment on this one too much, but IMO I'd much rather it be someone else than Keith who's already got a supergalactic background, or the three newbies who'd have no reason to be involved in the first place.

Caleb Wood
Caleb Wood

I understand how someone can find him Sueish, and the fact that he's so absurdly competent in Season 1 ties in with the mentor aspect and is a big part of why I was suspecting they'd kill him off early, and was perplexed when instead they kept making him a vulnerable damsel in distress instead who does get saved after all. That and the scene in Crystal Venom plus now the Kuron subplot is probably what's going to kickstart the whole process, now that the lion change has taken place.

Even if it is wrapped up in hypotheticals, a major part of the reason I like Shiro is because I'm so convinced they're going to do this or some kind arc with him and that the show's been signposting it so heavily that for them to not do it would be the bigger twist.. I guess a lot of how much one likes Shiro comes down to how much at face value they take him?

Nathaniel Morales
Nathaniel Morales

A better harem would be each of them getting their own Shiro and styling them to suit their preferences.

Colton Taylor
Colton Taylor

sexually harassing their senpai
Kids these days have no shame.

Chase Ward
Chase Ward

People love whispering about Sendak's fur.

He picked me up and threw me up against a wall once, and I accidentally touched his neck fur. It's so soft.
I heard he cuts it every once in a while so they can make blankets for the fish Galra.
No wonder those blankets are so soft.

Menawhile, Sendak wanted to touch Raht's sideburns and eyebrows. They are surprisingly soft too.

Cameron Ward
Cameron Ward

I guess a lot of how much one likes Shiro comes down to how much at face value they take him?
I think that might be the heart of it, actually.

Nolan Long
Nolan Long

It's like something out of Mean Girls, kek.

Sendak was very pleasantly surprised by the softness of Raht's hair.

Alexander Fisher
Alexander Fisher

As one of the Shirofags in this thread, I can get the complaints that this is all coming a bit late in the show now that it's almost reached the halfway point, but I think that says more to Season 2's relative weakness and meandering until th very end than about their execution of Shiro's character.

Aaron Miller
Aaron Miller

Pre-Kerberos Shiro > Sven > regular Shiro > shit > Kuron > Kuro

Noah Harris
Noah Harris

Punished Kuron > all

Camden Diaz
Camden Diaz

Raht is feeling up his husband in bed, this is one of those that's still early on so Sendak tries something
Sendak: Hey, just stop for a moment.
Raht: As you wish. What are you....oohhhh
Sendak showed him the wonders of getting felt in return, this is when he started openly purring in bed

Josiah Ward
Josiah Ward

they like to lay in bed touching one anothers fur and hair. Sendak plays with Raht's eyebrows, while Raht rubs Sendak's fluffy ears.

Blake Price
Blake Price

It's probably the first time he's heard Raht purr.

Raht needs to be careful with the ears. They're Sendak's erogenous zone.

Jeremiah Martinez
Jeremiah Martinez

It's not like I dislike him, but do you really expect me to care about a character just for what they might be in the future? If they live up to those expectations then I'll like them in the future, but for now, what I have been presented with in the show itself has left me feeling neutral.

William Russell
William Russell

Kuro belongs in the Haggar bin since he's just her Shiro cosplay.

Benjamin Russell
Benjamin Russell

Raht picks up on the ear touching immediately
Raht uses a reward system where he'll pet them more if he does the right thing

Gabriel Reed
Gabriel Reed

I'm in the same boat. I can't simply like a character just because of his prospects. Until they do so with Shiro, I won't be changing my mind about him.

Jaxon Watson
Jaxon Watson

Man, I hope they can find an excuse to go back to that look. You wouldn't believe how disappointed I was when Noctis shaved off his beard at the end of FFXV, even if it was afterlife shenanigans.

Adrian White
Adrian White

Sometimes I think Shiro actually really hates being alive and is only sticking around because of the team. And it's obvious the team is growing without him. Wonder how badly he's going to crack when Keith keeps disregarding his orders and proving that he's actually the better decision maker now?

Jaxon Walker
Jaxon Walker

How will Keith react to Shiro becoming his stepfather?

Alexander Ramirez
Alexander Ramirez

This is how their nights start, with ear rubs.

Charles Taylor
Charles Taylor

That depends - is it illegal to fuck your stepfather?

Isaiah Hughes
Isaiah Hughes

I'm not saying "you should care about him", I'm saying you shouldn't just write him off as being an already finished character. His arc and exploration is clearly still ongoing.

Nathan Thompson
Nathan Thompson

The same way Lotor will react to Keith becoming his stepmom.

Jaxson Perez
Jaxson Perez

Oh, I don't. I just feel largely indifferent about him so far and am waiting for that to change. I meant to convey that in my first post, maybe I didn't do a great job.

Levi Rivera
Levi Rivera

Shiro would be a bad mother who would neglect Keith.

Ian Foster
Ian Foster

I'mma be honest though, I've really appreciated this discussion, I feel like I have a much better understanding of why people who love Shiro feel the way they do, and it's cool that everyone's been pretty chill. You folks are alright.

Owen Price
Owen Price

slurp

Charles Jones
Charles Jones

Thanks user. Happy to get a civilised discussion about a character, even though we're already on page 9.

Benjamin Brooks
Benjamin Brooks

We were having a nice time and you had to go and ruin it

Kayden Hernandez
Kayden Hernandez

I want this to happen but I acxa/keith to happen more

Carter Hernandez
Carter Hernandez

Ignore him.

Henry Wilson
Henry Wilson

What if he offers to let you do whatever you want to his body in exchange for a bite of his cooking?

Elijah Rogers
Elijah Rogers

Yeah I don't know exactly how to put it or why, but I definitely got a feeling from him that he doesn't really care about his own life that much.

I don't think he's necessarily suicidal, but something about Shiro gives me the impression of not caring about self-preservation except that things will be worse if he throws his life away because he's in the best position to stave off Zarkon, and that's what's keeping him going at this point. He doesn't fight to survive but to make sure the villains don't win.

Someone smarter can probably come up with a better analysis as to where the show points this out but that's just the feeling I get from him too .And if the clone theory turns out to be true then that's probably going to make things worse.

Juan Thomas
Juan Thomas

but I definitely got a feeling from him that he doesn't really care about his own life that much.
He's just being a typical Jap.

Jayden Lopez
Jayden Lopez

I will tell him he has a lovely body, but to put his goddamn clothes on. I'm a Sendakfag, so his attempts at appealing to my libido will get him nowhere.

Tyler Bennett
Tyler Bennett

You drive a hard bargain....but it's a trick! His food is poison, so I'd be dead before I got to touch that chest!

Brayden Walker
Brayden Walker

I'd be in an ICU and probably not live to see the day to even get to touch his body. No way.

Also I'd rather fuck a Galra.

Landon Collins
Landon Collins

I definitely got a feeling from him that he doesn't really care about his own life that much.
Same. But considering this is a kids' show and they definitely don't want to promote suicidal thoughts into these kids, probably one day one of his team mates (most likely Keith cause he's been behaving this way to Keith twice already) will tell him to get his shit together, that talking shit like that is just going to worry people and fight to live.

Adam Bell
Adam Bell

Leads to gentle nibblings.
Those two are so into one another.

Jace Mitchell
Jace Mitchell

Yeah, it's nice to hear civil discussion about people's different perspectives on a character.
I don't get why people throw a fit when that guy posts, it's after bump limit anyway and it's not like it's serious.

Bentley King
Bentley King

Well, his arm is Galra.

David Peterson
David Peterson

For one bite? I'd do it and then hug him and make him pat my head.

Landon Hernandez
Landon Hernandez

put me in the dirt
put me in a shirt

Jonathan Myers
Jonathan Myers

Sometimes Sirk gets embarrassed by how into each other her parents are, but then she remembers how lucky she is to have two parents who are so in love.

Blake White
Blake White

Not good enough.

Josiah Garcia
Josiah Garcia

I'm really glad this conversation remained civil as well. I was a little worried about asking why you disliked him because I know a common complaint about the Shirofags of old is that they tended to jump down every naysayers throats. But I was genuinely curious and there were a lot of good points made from both sides all around.

Thanks for indulging my curiosity! Have a good night, friend.

Justin Sanders
Justin Sanders

What if he offered to do lewd things with Sendak in exchange for a bite of his cooking?

Grayson Hall
Grayson Hall

Sendak: NO!
Raht, rubbing his ear: No what?
Sendak: So much rubbing will-
Raht kisses him, Sendak likes the alternative
Sendak catching his breath: You're one hell of a husband.
Raht: How about children?
Sendak: What?
Raht: Children with me you handsome devil.
Sendak considers it, then lets Raht take free reign
And that's how galra babies are made

Anthony James
Anthony James

Kuron is a clone made by the Galra, is that good enough for you?

Kevin Taylor
Kevin Taylor

Galra parents in love raise fine children.

Justin Thompson
Justin Thompson

No. It's not Galra at all. I need something more like Sendak or Zarkon.

Christian Phillips
Christian Phillips

..........Deal

Joshua Anderson
Joshua Anderson

As much as I'd like to see that, I still gotta say no. Shiro's food is certain death.
And then they wound up with Sirk, who has fluffy eyebrows and fluffy ears.

Leo Rodriguez
Leo Rodriguez

Okay then, size queen.

Levi Bailey
Levi Bailey

Megafluff

Jack Edwards
Jack Edwards

It's

Kuron is not an "it"!

Noah Martinez
Noah Martinez

I'm normally a Keith or Lotor's harem poster but I love the shiro and galrafags because whenever they come around the thread gets real nice and positive. Thanks you guys.

Jeremiah Cook
Jeremiah Cook

Is he a robot or a clone?

Michael James
Michael James

Indeed they do. Sirk, Svendak, and Shendak all turn out to be lovely adults.
ywn hold a newborn child that is little more than a ball of purring, sapient fluff

Thank god Allura never knew about Sirk. She'd try to turn her into a coat for sure.

Hudson Martinez
Hudson Martinez

Clone cyborg

Aiden Flores
Aiden Flores

Allura is such a monster. How could she want to hurt such a cute baby?

Jack Cooper
Jack Cooper

Yeah, even when I'm not inclined to participate, it makes me happy to know that people are having a good time.

Christopher Ramirez
Christopher Ramirez