What was his problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vix6-afHzMg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

saw a switch

Soyboy

mfw after seeing black panther

guilt as you can see by him conjuring up that monster in his mind

What are some recent movies similar to this? I watched it yesterday and quite enjoyed it. Especially up until the last third of it.

>tfw not living in a weird forest community worshiping a scary norse deity

WEL

I don't get how everybody is like "you should have saved your friend" but would you, Sup Forums? It was a guy with a machete

his friend died over his own wedding ring

so no, I wouldn't risk my life trying to save someone who can easily save their own

to make him feel guilt, that's why he goes into the woods and imagines everything that happened. if he saved his friend there wouldn't be a movie.

>It was a guy with a machete
Wasn't it just a baseball bat? I probably would have glassed the cunt, but it's one of those situations where you'd have to live it to really know how you'd respond.

I understand that but like why are his friends blaming him.

While I to would have probably froze like he did I would still feel like shit about it afterwards.
The last thing his friend saw before he got his head caved in was him cowering behind a shelf.

>he's a 'It fell apart in the third act' faggot

Oi, fuck off ya cunt

I carry a gun.

I still liked it. Just wished they had held back a bit on showing of the jotunn. So piss of ya wankstain.

kill list
babadook

any movie where a person's guilt can be
perceived as monster

fear of the unknown horrors are the worst, why would you want more of that crap

to make him have a guilty conscience

pretty much this

>It was a guy with a machete
But he also was a turbo manlet with ribs poking out so it's not like he was very intimidating.

There was me than one guy though.

more*

but everyone saw the monster, and there was a village worshiping it

they were also part of his imagination

True, but he was a beta cunt pushed around by that little fag. He wouldn't do anything alone.

so he cuffed his friend and himself to the wall?

>they were also part of his imagination

stop with this shit

And there was that little matter of
[it disemboweling people 10ft off the ground]

youtube.com/watch?v=Vix6-afHzMg

his friend was never there and he wasn't cuffed, just in his imagination

Such a stupid movie because of the supernatural shit

Make it about a cult WORSHIPPING a diety and focus on the doll in the cabin

And then you can add some mystery and shit

But the monster was retarded

The supernatural shit was the only thing that made it interesting.

how can you not appreciate a monster in modern horror when everything else is just shitty psychological shit. I was afraid that this movie would take that direction too with the first dream sequence but thank fuck it didn't.

Imho it could have done with supernatural stuff

But no monster

Leave ambigious

Leave mystery

But the monster was retarded

>God monster that can't leave the woods and can't kill a skinny white male trying to flee it

the monster was a representation of his guilt, he had to be there

The monster was one of the more inventive I've seen.

Can we stop with this psychological horror shit? It's so overdone at this point.

>the monster was a representation of-
GET THE FUCK OUT RETARDS

The monster wasn't real so how could he kill him

i-imagine being in that room with all the undead sitting on their chair

it didn't want to kill him but rather worship it

actually, the movie doesnt exist, both the movie and this post are in your imagination

The monster seemed to be attracted to humans under great emotional pain, I believe that's why Luke was 'marked' and the monster wanted him to be a follower.

It tried to make him worship it, but he stood back up. It's a bit iffy that the monster pushed his face back into the ground like a "come on dude just worship me" move when it so willingly killed the other followers willy nilly after Luke murdered all the skellingtons.

Like was the monster so desperate for fresh followers that he didn't want to murder any more? There needed to be more run time I think to better display the cult for the and logic behind the monster.

I liked it either way.

It was a steel rod. The other guy looked unarmed, and both were unaware of his presence. He was in a good position to surprise them, with his buddy it would've a 2v2.

>1:24:20
Yea, I'm not watching that. If you have a point then just say it

He'd die horribly you stupid faggot.

everyone is a hard guy on the internet, so easy to talk
youre a fucking retard if you fight to death someone who has nothing to lose like a druggie criminal, just give him the fucking ring and stop being retard

Seriously it's not the fucking One Ring from Lord of the Rings why didn't the moron just give him the ring like nigga I get that it has emotional value but just get a new one

The logic behind the monster is that it was part of his imagination! There is nothing "iffy"

That's why he didn't kill him.

yep

Anyone who thinks the monster was part of his imagination needs to be alligned against a wall and shot

>start throwing bottles at them from the distant
>then they ignore your friend and either run away or chase you
>also start running away
wow, so hard

>do a double backflip and throw bottles to their necks so they cant breathe and fall to the ground
>teleport behind them and finish them with a broken bottle, saying a clever phrase

so ez lel

>Run
You died.

What flick is this?

No I lived, and so did my dumbass friend who almost got himself killed over a stupid ring

What kind of shitty logic is that?

So you're saying he murdered his friends? Or the whole MOVIE was in his head?

also the mayor of town gave me a medal and two supermodels sucked my dick on my maseratti

The Ritual

Nvm found it

No, the man chasing you would catch you and kill you. The door was closer to them than to you.

>I'm too retarded to outsmart/outrun idiotic drug users
Should have said so in the beggining

>implying they had time to be running around the shop just so they could catch you

that's why the mayor gave you the medal and not me :)

Hey, they both had a wall of projectiles (vodka bottles) to defend themselves..also, Dude, it's a fucking gold band; hand it over. Your wife would have understood.

Kek

His friends were never there.

He was in the woods alone and imagined that they were with him. Everything bad that happened was just his guilty conscience and despair over losing his friend coming to life through his imagination.

There are times when you're expected to back up your friends. Your friend being robbed is one of those times, don't you think?

This.

Martyrs. Did the "guilt is the monster" way earlier.

Implying they wouldn't just have one guy block the door and the other guy chase you into him.

if my friend refuses to give a ring to armed thugs I'm not gonna risk my life, my life means more than some metal
If they're just beating him of course you'll try

I'm actually really glad they show it plenty and don't hide it for fear of it not being scary enough. It was well designed.

Ok, the movie was kinda dumb at times but I still enjoyed it.
Him freezing was realistic
The other guy not wanting to give the ring was also realistic. Maybe not what everyone would do but it was believable. And everyone would feel like shit after that. His other friend blaming him was just a coping mechanism.
The monster was interesting but not great. It was kinda jarring how the movie shifted from the psychological to monster horror but didn't ruin the movie.
The monster existed. No question there. It's just that he being traumatized drew parallels between the two events and in the end he saw it as a chance to redeem himself.
Apparently the monster was attracted to broken people but it isn't really explored in the film and you don't understand why or how it works. Maybe it's based on some myth but I don't know.
Overall it was an enjoyable little movie, one that I could rewatch with some friends but nothing to get crazy over. A Dark Song was better.

>implying that these retards can come up with any sort of strategy
The moment he would have showed up they would have run because
A - its just a stupid ring
B - they wanted to do this as quickly as possible

When someone dies it affects everyone who knew them. It can drive families and friends apart. Even if they know it wasn't anyone's fault, seeing them can be enough to open that old wound every time you look at them and you start to resent them. You can tell that they don't want to outright say it was his fault, but they have a hard time saying he was justified. Just one of those situations where there was no right or wrong, just shit.

Hey friends how does Sauna compare to this?

>I'm smarter and faster because I'm a superhero
No, you'll die.

druggies are unpredictable and they have zero regard for lifes, in most of the world you will be killed for 5$ without regards
superhero movies really messed millenial minds, everyone think's he's an invencible hero

I never said I would have fought them you idiots. At least he could show his cowardly face so his friend wouldn't have got killed.

It's literally one retard spamming the thread for (You)s.

>and you don't understand why or how it works.
You don't, everyone else did. He picks the weakest member of the group because they're the easiest to assimilate

his friend died because he was a fucking idiot, he has zero fault there

Friends are supposed to help eachother when they are being fucking stupid

Not really. It's quite obvious, too. The monster is a manifestation of his guilt.

nigger, 99% of friends will ditch you and fuck your gf and the first chance, nevermind risking their life

inb4 you have shit friends, deep down you know its the truth

Let's turn the tables: the dumbass could have cost Luke his life. Friends shouldn't put friends in danger over a fucking object.

The guy with the bum knee was the weakest of the group though. The monster was attracted to his pain. We don't really know why.

Nah that's a shitty explanation m8.

All of his friends were having shitty nightmares and visions like Luke, so the creature had some kind of psychic influence to bring out the most distressing memories in people.

There's no logic in it being in his head, why would it conjure up some cult following the creature?

I haven't read the book, but I hope it doesn't take that route.

The monster was real and I believe it's power is limited to the woods. That's why the guy was able to turn and yell back at him, without the monster chasing him; he was at the edge of the woods. If you flip that logic, the monster is strongest at the shack where they slept. Which is why all the dudes flipped out, the monster was able to get into everyone's head. Once the monster found it's "special boy", he kept having the hallucinations while in the woods.

What put both of them in danger wasn't the ring but the retarded drugheads. Luke could put himself in danger only by showing his face but that could also saved his friends life. Also he could have talked him into giving them the ring.
What is worth noticing is that maybe part of the reason why he didn't want to give it up is because he wanted to show Luke that he isn't a coward like him and can say no. Of course that didn't end very well but if Luke showed up and started telling him to give up the ring I doubt the druggies would kill someone who is trying to "help" them.

Also, if you look closely at the monster's head, it looks like it's made of people. So it probably needs "replacement parts" from time to time. Jus sayin.

This. It was an old god. I believe it used to have a much larger domain, but as the world grew older and forgot about the gods, their power diminished. The cult and it had a symbiotic relationship. He gave them extended life, in exchange for worship and sacrifice. I imagine that is the source of it's power. And that's why it needs new followers. Eventually it will be forgotten and maybe die.

I am not the guy your are responding to but:

He was the weakest physically, but not emotional/psychological

i think venerable would be a better word to use than weak.

>i think venerable would be a better word
I think "whiny bitch" would

Ok, but why does the monster do that? If it wants followers why does it kill them? If it wants sacrifices why not just kill him when he run away? Why not punish him like the other cultists? They are afraid of it for a reason. And if the monster was willing to personally try to break someone into submission why didn't it try it with the others? The guy who eas naked praying in his sleep was losing his mind, he had potential to submit as evidenced by his dream.
Also, is there some myth where we can find out more?

They´d just threaten and rob him too. Sure, that´s far better than having your friend killed but it´s still a tricky situation.

>Also, if you look closely at the monster's head, it looks like it's made of people
You don't have to look clearly at all, they focus on it a lot.