Why is this show hated here?

Why is this show hated here?

Tumblr likes it

bc Englebert Humperdink is overplaying the shit out of his hand, and Milton Friedman has never acted a day in his life and thinks he's hot shit.

And it's writ and directed by a total tosser.

Have you seen it?

Because it was another decent BBC-acquired PBS mystery show with some genuinely really good eps (S1E1, S1E3, S2E1). But then somewhere along the line it got too popular for Sup Forums to handle with the wrong crowd too (tumblr). And the writing went to shit. Season 2's finale was overwrought, but not awful. Season 3 was a huge stepdown, just total fanservice. Season 4 was complete farce, total self parody. Oh and I think there was like a back in time movie there somewhere too. Utter shit.

This, Sup Forums's full of contrarian edgelords that anything popular with tumblr makes them retch.

Season 4 was legitimately bad though.

Its a detective show where all the detective work is done off screen. Sherlock just announces he's solved the case, and casually mentions the evidence he had that the show did share with the audience, like he's pulling it out of is ass, and we're all supposed to be impressed, but its just fucking boring.

Meant to say "PBS acquired BBC".

But anyway, watch the first season. It's pretty good overall. Second season is alright too. Fuck the rest.

Only 3 episodes each season, but they're 90 minutes.

This is way better. Way, way better.

Surprise, surprise. It was ruined by a stupid female character

you'll find the books are the same.

check out this series if you want cases you can technically solve yourself (and sometimes will).

Because it's bad and only got worse each season

because the main actors are insufferable

to think the Americanized version with an Azn female Watson actually turned out better, that's how shit this show is

I'm really tired of this thing where the latest trendy actor gives us his take on Sherlock Holmes. Kind of shits on something I like.

Someone post the pic already, or just the pasta.

It's popular.

Elementary has more lows and BBC Sherlock, but its highs were much better.

Yeah, they weren't, tho. In the books he explains himself as he goes along, and if you're smart you can solve the case before he explains it all. At the very least he tells you how he knows or does something, the BBC show we're just told "he's a genius" and that means he can just know or do anything.

this is why.

Its lows were never too ridiculous though. Maybe duller than other episodes but certainly never SECRET SHERLOCK SISTER or MORIARTY AS THE GAY JOKER BEHIND EVERYTHING levels of retardation. Even in episodes where MI6 or the NSA got involved felt pretty grounded compared to the government conspiracy shit that Sherlock spewed left and right.

Not to mention government agencies actually seemed capable most of the time instead of relying on Sherlock for everything.

first 2 seasons are entertaining then it took a fucking nose dive off a tumblr bridge into a fat girls asshole

>MORIARTY AS THE GAY JOKER BEHIND EVERYTHING
this was actually good in my humble opinion.

>the BBC show we're just told "he's a genius"
but Sherlock explains everything

No, in the books he explains as he goes along, so you can follow his investigation, In the show, he just "explains" everything in one go, using information the show has purposely held back from you so there is no way you can know whats coming, its cheap and its lazy and its too dumb for a franchise like Sherlock Holmes.

It used to be good but now it's not anymore. It's quite simple really.

Only the first season is good. 2 is alright, I guess. 3 has them write themselves out of a dead end by saying fuck it and not actually explaining shit, and then acting like they are fucking clever for doing it. It is second only to the x-files when it comes to clumsily retconning character deaths.

those film's are only ones that got Professor James Moriarty right.

>so bad that fans fooled themselves into believing there would be a "secret final episode"
Jesus Christ how much does a show have to suck to make their fans think "This can't be over"

This is un-ironically my favorite adaption of SH

Tumblr ruined it with annoying fatties and their queer baiting and hbomb destroyed it with his effeminacy and logic.

Jared Harris was so fucking great in that role. I really hope Ritchie stops being a dumb faggot and brings him back.

Agreed.
Even though, it is more action focused than sleuth focused it is still the superior adaptation, and that is not because the film does a great job so much as it does a better job than the shows.

It's not that good. Stories are meh and Moriarty is a flaming faggot.

Ever watch it? It is terrible in just about every way. I think of all Sherlock Holmes representations, this is the absolute worst.

i knew doing Moriarty in the second would be a problem, they pulled off the rivalry so well where can they go from there?

Even if they do bring him back for a third (which i want) it would ruin all the thematic resolution and satisfaction on how Holmes was able to best him in the film.

>..Come now, you really think you're the only one who can play this game.

this
The show is literally just fucking shit, it has nothing to do with its popularity or tumblr

Cause its written to work with the audience's social media and shit. The writing is garbage. Moriarty has no motive at all, nothing but fucking around with Sherlock, isn't it supposed to be the other way around? And they always try to weave the shit from books into the plot. Maybe they were asked to stick close to the source material but its shit overall and completely unnecessary.

Up until he killed himself because lolrandum and also MANIPULATED BY EURUS.