Ragnarok

Just watched this. It was pretty funny and the music was good. Entertaining but thats about it. What does Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/1624663567
amazon.com/Edda-Everymans-Library-Snorri-Sturluson/dp/0460876163
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The only good part is the whole sequence with the introduction of the rock man.

Excellent digits

Korg was hilarious. I was kind of annoyed about the entire movie being a comedy but whatever. It's capeshit.

Another day, another Doug.

Catekino

Fun time at theater like all their movies. Hulk was great. Thor too. Solid blockbuster.

>Entertaining but thats about it.

Well, what the fuck do you expect about a movie? To teach you how to lose you virginity? If you found it entertaining then the movie met its expectations.

too irreverent for its subject matter. capeshit. not really anything new.

Sheesh, I liked it settle down lol. My friends and I went out drinking after work and decided to check it out. Laughed the entire time.

>dat Hulk reveal and Thor screaming YES!
Is hating this film a meme?

Enjoyable save the first 15 minutes. Wish I would of waited for the Blu-ray and not bothered with the WebDl version. I don't know how they manage to make those look so awful, you'd have to watch it on a phone for it to be acceptable.

Honestly i hated the original Thor.

This one didnt take itself too seriously and i thought it was a comfy flick. This pick kinda runined rockman for me. Also im sure the kiwi acent triggered a few ausbros.

Wasn't a huge fan of the movie. Whole thing wasn't taken seriously at all and utterly wasted Cate Blanchett. Korg had a few good lines. Hulk wasn't bad, but he was in it too much for a Thor movie.

Holy shit lol! It was weird at first and then I realized it's going to be all comedy. Definitely better than the original Thor!!

Wasnt that on Planet Hulk? Thats what I said at the movies and some other guy yelled out "PLANET HULK!!" pretty kek

My autistic love for Norse mythology ruined the movie for me ;-;

Was it Idris Elba?

top 3 marvel movies

mind you i have 3 good marvel movies
and 3 mediocre movies
and the rest are bad

>Entertaining but thats about it.
This applies to basically all Marvel flicks.

I liked it but I'm really reaching my breaking point with super hero shit.

An all seeing sentry who was born of nine mysteriously prego sisters

Best marvel movie(that's not saying much), but it still has its classic marvel problems.

What translation of the Edda should I read senpai?

That was my mindset going into it and pretty much all capeshit in general. Thats just what it is.

isn't that the point of a generic super hero movie? that's what most of the comics are too.

it's not like ALL cape comics have to be that way but by design that's all these marvel movies are meant to be.

Ragnarok > 1 > the one with the gay space elves

Other than Ragnarok, the other Thor movies are among the weakest Marvel films which is a shame because it has some of the best characters, they just don't do anything with the great supporting cast in Thor movies. Half of the amazing actors show up for a couple scenes of dialog and just disappear again not to be seen until their token appearance in the next Thor movie.

>"That's about it"
Lol, like you expect more from Marvel. Fucking capeshit faggot.

This is one of the more accurate translations of the Poetic Edda I've come across.
amazon.com/gp/product/1624663567

The Anthony Faulkes translation of the Prose Edda is the best by far
amazon.com/Edda-Everymans-Library-Snorri-Sturluson/dp/0460876163

it's a capeshit movie that actually realizes it's a capeshit movie and just goes all out on the concept.

Truly a Shakespearean master piece

This.

This is true

Also true. I just hate how lazy everything has become. Let alone all the CGI garbage, people are going to pay to watch capeshit regardless so why not attempt to make it 'good'?

>all out on the concept
goddamn you're unimaginative then

there could be wes anderson tier humor about the weird family shit, jodorowsky shit about cosmology, viking hulk rape humor, kirby gods

Which one should I read first?

It's funny, it's not bad, it's better than other capeshit.

nice numbers OP

>a movie that teach you how to lose your virginity

I want that

>I was kind of annoyed about the entire movie being a comedy but whatever.

I thought that was the best thing about it. It was hilarious and I loved that. The strongest parts of the other Thor films have been their comedy, anyway.

Chris Hemsworth does one thing well, and that's stupid-charming. They should just let him roll with it more.

Basically Quips: The Movie