It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing. Such a little thing

It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing. Such a little thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk
youtu.be/ZeUvT84auVc?t=112
youtu.be/z0LylyPQsi8?t=182
youtu.be/yr3fMPUqlhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pzSoW4PErys
ew.com/article/2014/05/17/viggo-mortensen-lord-of-the-rings-interview/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he's talking about his tiny sissy clit aka white dick

That extended edition color grade is absolutely atrocious, just blue my shit up

fly you fools!!

It's the way bluray movies are processed, can't be helped.

That's what she said.

i'll keep my dvd editions i think. pc upscales it quite nicely imho

i dont have the bluray copies only those deluxe sets, a unexpected journeys cover is all worn cause of use but it looks like a old tomb

low effort bait, but guaranteed (You)'s

Only the Extended Edition has that atrocious color grade, the normal bluray is fine

deepest

i have digital copies so i dont really use my dvd copies any more

I have it all so fuck off cunt.

I feel like the writing in these movies is really taken for granted, every line of dialogue flows really well and is incredibly memorable. The music also helps, at this point I could probably memorise the audio for all of Fellowship.

A lot of the dialogue sounds like something you'd hear in a play. It fits quite well but I feel like Elijah Wood did the worst job with it, at least in the first two films.

ok its cool dude what ever you want

Frodo was kinda lame in the books though, suits him well. Well not lame, but memorable is Sam, and Pippin and Merry.

"Fool of a Took. Throw yourself in next time, and rid us of your stupidity."

“Fool of a Took!" he growled. "This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party. Throw yourself in next time, and then you will be no further nuisance.”

For an American (and barely an adult at the time of filming) I think he did well, he's also supposed to sound much more formal and "posh" compared to the other hobbits so his clear and slow delivery is suitable.

shame, i always watch the extended editions.

yer i notice the shortened a lot of the lines from the book when they put them in the movie

They did very well. I'm on my second listen of the audio books by Rob Inglis and notice things some character in fellowship movie are said in the books in say by another in the two towers
I mean, they put did put in a lot of love towards them, even if they didn't include a lot more characters

im fine with the films, the books are their if i wanna read the. but the hobbit movies can fuck right of! why did it have to be 3 movies. the original text was a fairy tale

hebrewberg moneygrabber

>BuT NOT tHIS Day!

they even put "blu" right in the name to warn us

youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk

>"I can't carry that ring, Mr. Frodo."
>"But I can carry you."
>"Concerning Hobbits" begins to play

Will anything ever top this?

>concerning hobbits
you fucking pleb. it's the gray havens theme you fuck

This bit was really something youtu.be/ZeUvT84auVc?t=112

I thought it was this? The Black Gates are Open youtu.be/z0LylyPQsi8?t=182

>EWWWW HE KISSED HIS HEAD!
>GAAAAAYY!

kino

yea that's the name of the track but the musical theme is the gray haven's theme. You can hear it play when Frodo boards the ship at the end and when gandalf and pippin talk about death

Um, hey boys, why did Boromir bother with the ring? I mean, he knew it was evil, the hot elf told him it was. I don't understand how him trying to save his 'homeland' (what even does that mean)??? Made him go totes creep towards Elijah Wood (

>mfw remembering that user who posted about watching this scene with his gf and she clapped because “the bad guy died”
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah, you're right, although I feel myself (not the user who said it originally) that it had something to do with a shire theme because maybe just before they were talking about it

I feel like you're trying to do a "women will never understand this scene" thing which is weird because the script was written by a woman.

jesus

two women and sometimes peter no?
but anyway user referred to the average woman, in which case it would be true (also true for the average man maybe)

The orc extra taking a peak at 1:52 lmao

Women were a mistake

i find it hilarious how every uruk that gets punched in the face produce this bleeting sound, like a sheep. Seriously, go replay the part where boromir is fighting the orcs in slow mo.

by women annons mean stupid roasties

>watch bluray
>movie is blue
pottery

>If i put that on, will i die?

>you will never jiggle that fat little belly and slap those tiddies around

thanks for the test boost

I've found girls don't like it when I rub and jiggle their stomachs, they all think they're fat, so they don't let me. Also their belly buttons stink

What did Sean Bean Mean by this?

When I first watched these movies with an ex-gf she just could not understand how Frodo and Sam COULDN'T be gay due to their closeness. I tried to explain to her all of the hardships they went through together (even though she watched them herself) and she just kept going on and on about how they likely gave more homo subtext to it in order to satiate "the gay crowd who are mostly into fantasy". I mean, until she brought it up, I never thought once of any sort of gay undertones between the two.

There weren't, and I say this as a gay man. Tolkien wrote that way, and they left out a lot of other stuff, like male characters walking hand in hand, or kissing each other on the hand and forehead. Tolkien was in WW1 and he knew real camaraderie.

i would really appreciate it if you didn't post butt-ugly british people here thank you.

I know they weren't. I always thought that ex was just dumb as fuck until other people mention similar stories here. This same girl once told me "You know my birthday is this year, right?" and thought brussels sprouts were just early harvest cabbage that would grow to the same size if given the chance.

Lurtz is more memorable than any of the the characters in the hobbit films

>thought brussels sprouts were just early harvest cabbage that would grow to the same size if given the chance.
lel

>when Sam offers to shove some elven rope up Frodo's anus
I really enjoyed the gay scenes between them.

>What's in this, Sam?
>It's very special, that. It's the best lube in all the Shire.

mfw I was in that thread
it was a kino thread

>then Sam flat out bricks in Frodo's mouth

I wasn't aware that Peter Jackson was just making everything up as he went along, but it answers a lot of my questions about those movies.

Just because a woman created something doesn't mean they understand it.

See also: children

seriously wtf is up with jacksons weight?

>I couldn't help it Mr. Frodo!
>Oh Sam!

>that blue filter

So, are there no physical versions of the extended versions without the color filter?

dvd

Underrated.

Why would they do this to people?

nice targeted ad

The DVD version is fine, dunno about the bluray since I got mine as soon as they were released and didn't update when bluray became a thing.

Frodo was way less lame in the books, what are you talking about? He stood up against the nazgul himself instead of muh elf waifu at the riverbank for example.

Just to be clear, you guys are aware that the dvd and the print you saw in theaters is also heavily digitally color corrected?
youtu.be/yr3fMPUqlhQ

Other way around retard. In the books Frodo had some bad ass scenes.

Nigger you're supposed to jiggle the belly anyway. Don't indulge in their stupid insecurity bullshit, just do what you like.

These are the girls you fuck in the ass while telling them to make oinking sounds.

yes i know.

Poor Peter

Is there a blu ray extended edition yet that doesnt have the blue shit? I cant stand it

i like the one on the right, sets that comfy mood

>AND MY TAX!!!!!

I don't know how to embed vids lol

youtube.com/watch?v=pzSoW4PErys

you just post the link.
also, goddamn, this thread drives tears into my eyes, i gotta rewatch LOTR again.. the last time I watched them all was 3 years ago.

Sauce?

>mfw I was the OP
>mfw I stole that post from someone else, because I thought it was criminally underrated the first time and it deserved another chance

>same girl once told me "You know my birthday is this year, right?" and thought brussels sprouts were just early harvest cabbage that would grow to the same size if given the chance.
wew
e
w

Having rewatched the trilogy recently, there's a big gulf in how well the films have aged. Fellowship still looks fantastic. Two Towers and Return of the King look like video games.

Why is this?

It was one of the best threads in recent memory.

I seriously doubt women can even understand lotr.

Never read the books, but the extended edition of two towers shows a flashback of Boromir being pressured by his father to take the ring for Gondor.

This is why I keep red LEDs in my PC because blue LEDs cause screen blueing

>All three LOTR films were nominated for best picture at the Academy Awards, with the final installment, The Return of the King, taking that top prize, as well as a best director statue for Jackson. But Mortensen has a decidedly different take on the quality of the films. He believes The Fellowship of the Ring is the best movie in the franchise, in part because Jackson relied less on special effects for that outing.

>“Peter was always a geek in terms of technology but, once he had the means to do it, and the evolution of the technology really took off, he never looked back,” Mortensen says. “In the first movie, yes, there’s Rivendell, and Mordor, but there’s sort of an organic quality to it, actors acting with each other, and real landscapes; it’s grittier.”

>Mortensen says the “ballooning” of Jackson’s reliance on CGI began with the second film, The Two Towers, and has increased with each subsequent project. “It was grandiose, and all that, but whatever was subtle, in the first movie, gradually got lost in the second and third. Now with The Hobbit, one and two, it’s like that to the power of 10,” Mortensen says.

>Mortensen has deliberately chosen more character-driven fare since LOTR launched him into global superstardom, and had hopes that Jackson might return to his small-film roots as well.

>“I was sure he would do another intimately scaled film like Heavenly Creatures, maybe with this project about New Zealanders in the First World War he wanted to make,” Mortensen says. “But then he did King Kong. And then he did The Lovely Bones — and I thought that would be his smaller movie. But the problem is, he did it on a $90million budget. That should have been a $15million movie. The special effects thing, the genie, was out of the bottle, and it has him.”

ew.com/article/2014/05/17/viggo-mortensen-lord-of-the-rings-interview/

Straight facts from based Viggo

I liked King Kong. But this is truth

Anyone has an archive link?