Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AYQjmj7cSM0?t=75
youtu.be/T7PbWr_cMac?t=33
youtube.com/watch?v=sH_6iFYiryY
youtube.com/watch?v=D_eZxSYRhco&t
youtube.com/watch?v=DcdySQPJgTA
youtu.be/W7qxId4sH6U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that immense raise in quality when the stupid song ends and the second half of the trailer has score instead

>seemingly no concern when it comes to destroying buildings unlike the first movie
>looks cheaper
>CGI somehow looks worse than a movie from 5 years ago
>A E S T H E T I C look of first movie completely gone
>just looks like Power Rangers again

yeah but it has rap songs and a black lead!

>BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMM
>DUNNNNNN
>DUNNNNNN
when will this end

I remember in the first movie, the main goal of the pilots was to kill the monsters before they got to land. Now ever fight takes place on land. I know almost ever change was made because of Boyega's complaints about the first film. Like the robots being slow. But I wonder if he also complained about them fighting in water.

When you have sex

Good one

Just spoil my entire main battle up fàm

well obviously it's an original song made for the movie

>nothing can prepare you
>apart from the better, original film

I pray to allah that shut song doesnt appear in the movie at all

it's a Tupac song that he didn't think was good enough to release when he was alive, combined with some other random guy saying "war ready" two different ways twenty years later.

and retarded Two Steps From Hell trailer music drums and brrrrrrrrmmmmmmmms.

How much money did John Boyega put into this that he has all this creative control? How can he even have so much money anyway? There's no way all of his roles together have netted him more than 10 million dollars.

WAR READY

>2nd Pacific Rimming Job
>Nigger lead
>shit CGI and plot
Ok so like why are they still using two pilots instead of 1 by now?

The 'war ready' is from another existing song
They just smashed two songs together and added trailer shit

So glad they turned it into transformers. The old robots were too slow.

Fuck off booyega

>think we pissed him off lel
>GOOD

>wow, huh, he's pretty big

I fucking hate quips so goddamn much

WAAAAAAAAAR READY

>REEEEE BLACK PEOPLE ON MOVIES
It's hilarious how triggered you people get

he probably loaned from his jewish master

Their flight suits look as if they were borrowed from pic related

Do you think Ford pounded all that strategic boipussy?

Ford and Kingsley took turns.

>all that needless destruction
These fucking kids are as bad as the Kaiju.

>Pacific Rim
youtu.be/AYQjmj7cSM0?t=75
>Uprising
youtu.be/T7PbWr_cMac?t=33

fuck off nigger

What a great comeback

Just deactivate your almonds dude lol

Meanwhile in the first movie music actually made you want to pilot a jaeger
youtube.com/watch?v=sH_6iFYiryY

This movie will be forever remembered by /m/en around the world as cult classic.

>But I wonder if he also complained about them fighting in water.

Black people can't swim, so, probably yeah.

well it's better than the trailer WB just put out

youtube.com/watch?v=D_eZxSYRhco&t

>When the trailer spoils the destruction of Titan Redeemer.

T-thanks IMAX.

I never understood why VFX heavy films are released in imax. Most studios only render VFX at 2k resolution which is passable on a small 50' wide theater screen. It is too expensive to render special effects at 4k so they just upsacle.

VFX for IMAX would need to be rendered in 12k resolution or minim dual 4k at the least if youwant it to look right on a 70' to 100' wide screen that is also 5 stories tall. Regular 4k isn't enough and 2k looks like shit. Most imax blockbusters are just 35mm films with 2k VFX and it shows, and they just upsclae them for a cash grab.

How I wish this movie fucking bombs and buries the nostalgia market for good

>GIDDIDON TIL A DA
>Movie's only chance to success is China
>Get John boyega as a lead

I WANT AUTISTS WHO CAN'T HANDLE THE FINAL LOVE LETTER TO NOSTALGIA TO GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD

WAR READY

HOL UP *smacks lips* so you be sayin we wuz jaeger pilots and sheeeit?

I thought it was obvious that all of them are dying like in the first one.

>REFERENCES!

he's literally producing it so of course he'd put himself in the lead and make those retarded changes

DUDE SOMBER REMIX OF BELOVED SONG LMAO

It's going to make a billion dollars but will usher in a "shitting on reference culture" culture

their designs look so cheap i don't even know the difference
meanwhile i still remember striker eureka, Coyote Tango, Crimson Typhoon and that slav monster

waste of trips because that's definitely not happening

even if critics love it which they won't

It looks much better than the last one.. but that doesn't say much.

>No Del Toro
>No Ramin Djawadi

fuck off

>DUDE LOVE
>DUDE FRIENDS
>DUDE REBELS
>DUDE R E F E R E N C E S
99% of people are gonna see this only and only because of all the references

>Let's try plan BBC. As my mother used to say: when it comes to brute force, always bet on the nigger!
Jesus Christ Raimi

waaAAAaar ready

Literally no one is going to see this

It's going to be another Pan/Jupiter Ascending/King Arthur for WB

And it's because of all the references

There is no nostalgia market. or fad. It has always been popular to roll things back 20-25 years:
>Many of the 1950s & 60s movies took place in the late 20s and 30s. This includes most Marylin Munroe films, to kill a mockingbird, sound of music, etc. In the 1950s the nostalgia for the roaring 20s was enormous.
>In the 1970s you had American graffiti and happy days looking back at the 1950s. War movies & tv shows were mostly WW2 and Korea (M*A*S*H)
>in the 1980s you had stuff like Stand by me and the wonder years covering the late 50s through late 60s. The vietnam war was a goldmine (platoon, full metal jacket, Good Morning Vietnam, and too many others to mention plus china beach and tour of duty tv shows)
>the 1990s had IT, and "that 70s show" and Austin powers, Boogie nights, Dazed and confused and a ton of other 70s flashbacks. Forest Gump especially stood out as "Nostalgia: The movie". This generation didn't have a major war of their own, so Hollywood shifted back to WW2 movies or cold war thrillers
>the 2000s was the decade with less nostalgia on tv or in theaters but it was still out there. A few desert storm movies like jarhead were around and failed tv shows like "that 80's show" existed.
>2010s the 80s nostalgia finally reached full strength. Hot tub time machine, stranger things, IT again

tl;dr

This nostalgia isn't a fad, this is things returning to normal for Hollywood and American culture in general.

Its has Spielberg's name attached to it and it has pop culture references out the ass. People are gonna see it in droves

xD rofl

>Its has Spielberg's name attached to it
So did BFG

>and it has pop culture references out the ass.
Which is the main reason people are saying they're not going to see it

>People are gonna see it in droves
Not even if critics love it and praise it as a return to classic Spielberg form. I mean just look at the reaction that trailer's getting on social media

rekt by

Looking at a lot of reactions on different social media outlets and people are either saying they're extremely hyped or hyped but optimistic because of changes from the book. I haven't seen any of the negative reaction you're referring to.

cautiously optimistic is a better way of putting it

>black
>people

IS IT WRONG THAT I WANNA GEET IT OOON TILL I DIE

Not to sound racist(which I am) but the voice of the black lead doesn't fit the movie at all.
"Let's see 'im absob dis" and when he's screaming. It's so bad.

What's wrong with this flick? Why do you hate it?

>...but I'm not racist

Pick one

Nice!

I was putting my racism aside and tried to approach it from an objective point of view, you soy fuck. You can't defend that voice of him, it's horrible.

>I was putting my racism aside
You failed.

So not liking the voice of the lead character which happens to be black is racist? Classic.

enunciation is racist, and pidgin is a beautiful language

youtube.com/watch?v=DcdySQPJgTA

Every time I watch a trailer for this movie

youtu.be/W7qxId4sH6U

>mfw 2030's movies will reference 2010's events
fuck me

>i could get used to this
>that's what i'm talking about

>discount Luv

Just give me the next Monsterverse Godzilla film already.

Really looks like it should have gone straight-to-DVD. How could you downgrade that much from the first movie. Is this the year of the terrible cgi blockbuster movies?

Yup, this is what I want when I think of Pacific Rim.

hahahaha what? He has 2 swords or whatever they are but still kicks himself off a building to kick the monster in the face? Just ram the swords into its face you retard.

>click link
>nigger and rap music in the first 10 seconds
>close tab

WE WUZ WAR READYY AND SHIEEET NIGGA

:)

>build robots to punch to avoid leaking acid blood everywhere, only use sword as last resort when being carried into the upper atmosphere
>Now using multiple guns and swords on every robot in the middle of downtown
Great work everyone really top notch
I'm not sperging out over something being retconned, but it was that way to make the fights more grounded and entertaining. This is floaty and bland.

How come niggers, cucks, and kikes aren't hyping this up like they are Black Panther?

But it's from the guy who made the Spartacus TV show, it can't be that bad, right?

>its from a TV director
oh it shows, it shows

FLOP READY

FLOOOOOOP READY

"wow i think i really pissed that one off!
maybe because i shot him in the face!"

>Deliberately jumping on a building
And so hundreds were killed or injured because some idiot decided to jump on a building.

>direction looks like shit compared to Del taco movie
>nigger music
>all teams are burger and not international

Also where is the blonde guy who fought together with japanese babe?

This is so fucking shit

>where is the blonde guy
be was doing shitty king arthur instead

The critics will have to love it because it will be "The first action movie with a BLACK lead, and that's a good thing"

>fuck your infrastructure

All the more reason why a Godzilla x pacific rim crossover would be retarded.
How the fuck are the robots going to kill big G?

Joke will be on him when the movie becomes a financial blackhole. Honestly is he that rich that he can co-produce this? How much money did he invest?

looks like toy robots stomping through a LEGO city

the robots would start flying around and shooting energy balls like in DBZ, niggers love DBZ