ITT: Flawed Masterpieces

Movie is just an excuse for one scene

I love Heat and Mann, but I agree to some extent

>I love Heat and Mann
is this the unintentionally gayest thing ever said?

Elaborate, please.

Nope, I unironically suck cocks

>that whole part with the female sniper

What's flawed about RoboCop?

mann is such a great director but he always has weak scripts

Someone please tell me I'm not crazy for thinking the ending of this movie is a complete ripoff of the ending of The French Connection.

>complete ripoff of the ending of The French Connection.
I always found the ending was the same as Bullitt

the one where pacino and deniro aren't even in the same shot together?

Fun fact: Mann had directed this script in a made for TV film in the 80's for NBC.

not even close to a masterpiece

nah only a few are "weak." Collateral and manhunter in particular, are perfectly fine.
>muh ending to Collateral
lol fucking brainlets

>masterpiece
>flaw
But I'd say all of Mann's films have that one thing that ruins them.
>thief, perfect all throughout
>run out of budget in the last act and webm related happens

agreed. crazy, how this is arguably pacino and deniros last good film

The best Blade Runner sequel we could've ever gotten.

I'll argue that RoboCop is completely flawless and perfect.

The blood splatter was inaccurate? Am I a visuallet?

>reddit wrecks the thread
thx

I'd buy that for a dollar?

reddit absolutely loves Heat also, should I hate it then?

I'VE ALWAYS ASKED MYSELF WHY THERE ARE SO MANY ITALIAN MAFIA FILM, AND SO FEW ABOUT THE JEWISH MAFIA.

You misunderstand what "reddit" means when referring to a movie/flick. And I'm not going to type it out for you.

Even though it was long, I honestly think it needed another 30 minutes or so in runtime to expand on a few themes and storylines
Also, if someone had told pachino to start out just a little bit more chilled and gradually ramp up the intensity so he's only full shoutmode towards the end that would have been great.

Pic related is one of my favourite scenes of all time, it's like 20 years had led up to these two finally appearing onscreen together

I enjoyed unforgiven when I became an adult.

misunderstood*
You don't have to.

don't asterisk me again.

I like it

This movie really is something pretty special up until the retarded ending sequence.

It's a decent movie, but a masterpiece?
C'mon, that would be a vast overstatement even without that ending

My one and only issue with the film was the scene when Pacino's team was lured out in the open at that port. We never once got the impression that deniro suspected the cops were on their trail and were supposed to believe Pacino forgot he was trailing a team.

I'll be honest I enjoyed the asterisking

>Ahhh my nipples you shot me in my nipples!!

anytime my friend anytime

Yes, that's it! My mistake. It is a total rip off of Bullit.

i love it!

are you retarded?

Robocop is a perfect movie, I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

Orlando Bloom was the wrong choice

Any Malick movie before To the Wonder

I thought he did okay. I saw the 3 Hour version recently. I wouldn’t say it was a masterpiece but it was a solid 7/10

Yeah that kinda came out of nowhere, it's like we missed 10 minutes of setup footage

It was written as a TV series but NBC and Mann didn't agree on a lead actor, that's why it seems that way.

i think deniros love story was completely unnecessary and we had enough with Val Kilmer.
it was bullshit and the reason the film was so long

The two scenes before the port scene is De Niro hearing the cop accidently knock against the trailer and De Niro talking to his gang about feeling the heat on the back of his neck and how he doesnt want to do the bank gig. I know it's hard to pay attention when you're shitposting while watching the movie.

>sequel
wait am i supposed to watch the first?

Jeebus, seriously. Watch the fucking movies, people, or stay on the My Little Pony board where you belong.

these are all just masterpieces you dumb fucks

OMG the autism on this thread. DeNiro's love arc was central to the film, you dolt. The whole choice he makes at the end is impossible without the love story. Idiot.

Im not kidding
This movie is perfect

Another perfect movie:
>Headhunters (the norwegian film)

Do you mean the shootout at the end

The ending scene was disappointing

What's flawed with this masterpiece?

I want to say I can point out flaws, but this movie is just fucking fantastic.

For Me its Dredd (2012)

ruined the movie for me

Shit, I always forget how long ago that movie was released. It's such a tightly packed / well made movie that delivers in so many ways. It feels like a movie made in 2015+.

DEEPEST LORE

>i think deniros love story was completely unnecessary
>you share a board with these retards

just fucking leave and never come back

Really overrated honestly. The gunplay/sound design was the only thing great about this. The rest of it was tedious and a bit derivative too.

Imagine actually believing this

flawed ?

>flawed

t. woman

>sucks a cock ironically

Not OP but Pacino played way too over the top

>SHES GOT A
>GREAT ASS

Bloom did not do a terrible job, but I def. think someone should have done it, but who I now wonder.

It was pretty trite Honestly

He's supposed to be some badass and acts like hes got tourettes. He was way over the top in that seen but black guys reaction to him was right on.

Oh yeah dude having a chase sequence at an airport has totally never been done before in film.

I still don't get this fucking movie.

John being bratty and that stupid thing about him using the card reader. Just felt out of place.

The opening scenes/set up are pretty poorly directed. Once the story gets going and Godfrey appears, it becomes kino.

Wow that's the most flaws you've ever admitted to one of your movies having james

What the fuck?
What part of Robocop could possibly be improved upon?

pacino always does

Lol

I like this enthusiasm

literally untouchable perfection

Nostalgia.jpng

It says "A bona fide masterpiece" on the fucking cover, therefore it cannot be flawed