So who's the main villain of this series again? I've heard some people speculate it's Mephisto...

So who's the main villain of this series again? I've heard some people speculate it's Mephisto, but he's way too big for the Netflix shows and would work better in a Doctor Strange movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jAy6NJ_D5vU?t=1m56s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do you care? They're non-canon.

Scott Buck

It's Sigourney Weaver as some OC.

Resorting to OC's will pretty much say these Netflix shows are pointless.
>>Oh no! ANOTHER Crime lord is trying to take over NYC!

The hand

thats pretty much all of their respective comics tho

Actually they are canon but the movies are SUPER-CANON.

I read somewhere that Sigourney Weaver plays as an expy of some old Daredevil crime lord except turned female now.

Why do you care so much their not?

Which is why building multiple network TV series around them was a dumb ass plan. These shows have probably 3 years left in them before everyone gets fucking sick of NYC.

Basically this. It's kept ambiguous on purpose, so that if the MCU heads decide they want to make a Daredevil or Punisher movie, they can throw out the netflix stuff and say "whoops, it wasnt cannon". It's pretty dumb, but I think that's why nobody ever calls out movie events or characters by name. The closest is like "Hammer tech" from Luke Cage

Sigourney Weaver as Alexandra

featuring Zombie Elektra mini-boss

Did they at least explain what makes her so special compared to Nobu's branch of the hand or Gao's organization?

>nobody ever calls out movie events or characters by name

>kept ambiguous on purpose
>Ben Urich as a framed issue of the battle of New York in his office confirming it
>Wesley references Thor and Iron Man in season 1 youtu.be/jAy6NJ_D5vU?t=1m56s

Yeah...ambiguous...

Is the reverse ever true?

The reference The Avengers "incident" in the first episode of Daredevil. Kinda hard to say it isn't canon. I forgot who mentions it but the Sokovia incident is also mentioned (I think in Luke Cage). Also the Judas Bullet directly arose from the Avengers incident. There are a bunch of references.

>Actually they are canon but the movies are SUPER-CANON.
It's not difficult, it is like the novel stories about Star Wars. Basically 2ndary stories are canon only until the main story contradicts it. With Star Wars, the novels are canon until the films disagree with it. This is simply how MCU follows. The Primary films dictate what is canon, side stories stick to that and change when needed.

>none of the Netflix heroes appearing in or influencing the movies
>I'll still smugly act as if a future possibility retroactively makes me correct right this moment

>Tries not to be a faggot
>Succeeds

They shouldn't appear in the movies

No, like all marvel television series, it only works one way. AoS and most of the netflix series have all mentioned the movies at one point or another, but the films have never referenced the shows. this is because...
...they have said multiple times that they don't plan on having any direct overlap between the two. There are two difference studios at play here (not really but you get what I mean) and they're not going to have any direct crossovers anytime soon.
I heard over on Sup Forums that Charlie Cox (Daredevil guy) has something to do with the films in his contract with marvel, so there might be a chance for him to cameo in one of the later movies (he's the most iconic out of all the defenders). It's a big leap from acting in the television series to acting in a multi million dollar movie.

> and they're not going to have any direct crossovers
They should be kept separate

I think so, and I think they do too

Nope. Still ambiguous.

It sucks to think about, but why doesn't anyone say "Thor", "Iron Man", "Tony Stark", "Captain America", "Hulk' or "Avengers". It's called "the battle of New York", but I don't think they've ever given any details about what actually happened. We know what it did to the tv series' characters and the setting, it destabilized these parts of New York and is the result of some personal Traumas in Jessica Jones, but nobody even mentions that it was a fucking alien invasion, or who stopped it. Why the fuck would you not mention that New York was literally attacked by aliens. They play around it enough to where the audience members who are aware of the movies can connect the dots, but it's stupid what lengths they go to so that they can keep the shows continuity at arms length.

it's like a gag at this point. I think in Jessica Jones, they call Captain America "the flag waver", which is only a little lamer than calling the Hulk "the big green guy". I mean I'd rather it be explicitly canon too, but at the moment, the shows are more "semi-canon" I'd say. Being able to call the shows canon is a big draw for the shows, so they wont say the shows aren't canon unless (or until) they feel like they have to.

It's not really the same thing, but the logic behind this is similar to the logic behind the old Star Wars Expanded universe stuff becoming the Star Wars Legends stuff. A big part of throwing out the old extended canon material was so that the people making the movies would have more creative freedom to put whatever they wanted in the movies while not contradicting or having to work around the existing canon stuff. Here with the Marvel movies, it's more mostly for those same reasons; the movies take priority over the tv series, so the people making the tv series have to dance around whether or not the two actually exist in the same continuity.

Dr. Strange was working at the fictional hospital from Daredevil.

No Spider-Man/Daredevil crossover is the biggest missed opportunity of the MCU. A shared universe should have done away with shitty studio politics.

Oh boy, wookiepedia here we come.

The problem with Danny is that Finn Jones isn't a very good actor. When he needs to be intense, he's 100% "this is my serious face" and even puts on a Batman voice. He's alright when he's allowed to unwind and be more fun, and I really doubt that he'll spend much time brooding in the Defenders, but still. Let's hope they figure this out by season 2.

>Luke is stoic and sanctimonious
>Danny is childish and annoying
I don't see them ever going into business together.

its a canon alternate universe

The worst part of Marvel TV I'd that they have no Feige figure who can strike out from Ike. They're all stuck until Iger tell's Ike to fuck off

That article about the inhuman director is so sad but hilarious

>The problem with Danny is that Finn Jones isn't a very good actor

He was actually pretty good when Danny got his rare moments of childish naivete and glee. If they re-wrote this version of Danny to be a happy-go-lucky blonde zen surfer-ish guy, I think Jones could be a lot of fun. And the idea of the holy warrior with the destiny being the happiest, most chill member of the team could be a really entertaining dichotomy considering everyone else on the Defenders is a pain magnet or a srs bizness social warrior

What he can't sell is angst. Like, at all. And that's what they're sticking with.