VIOLA DAVIS SLAMS THE PAY GAP FOR WOMEN OF COLOR

>I have a career that's probably comparable to Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Sigourney Weaver. They had the same path as me, and yet I am nowhere near them. Not as far as money, not as far as job opportunities, nowhere close to it. People say, 'You're a black Meryl Streep ... We love you. There is no one like you.' OK, then if there's no one like me, you think I'm that, you pay me what I'm worth
>We get probably a tenth of what a Caucasian woman gets. And I'm number one on the call sheet.

This has to be fixed

NOW Sup Forums

>>I have a career that's probably comparable to Meryl Streep
um, sweetie...

No one ever tells these stupid niggers just how stupid they are anymore.

Get a better agent?

Who the fuck is this?

>I have a career that's probably comparable to Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Sigourney Weaver
Lmao

>I have a career
I didn't even know who this was until I saw this thread

her and meryl are both shit they should just pay meryle less

The ego. Cant think of a single thing shes in.

This is only true in movies. Other jobs have laws that prevent you from paying a woman less. Also, literally who?

What an entitled narcissistic cow

dubs and I shoot up a black church tomorrow

>I have a career that's probably comparable to Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Sigourney Weaver.

dat wage gap tho

>I have a career that's probably comparable to Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Sigourney Weaver

OH NO NO NO

>pay gap by race
What will happen once the statistics show that jews makes way more money? will they get taxed accordingly to their earnings?

>What will happen once the statistics show that jews makes way more money?

Never because jews control what gets shown in the media :^)

I've literally never heard of her.

Can you imagine unabashedly talking about yourself this way?

I don't think they understand what wage gap means.
In showbiz, entertainment, sport or any other similar job, you get paid proportionally to the amount of people, fans, sponsors, etc. you draw in. So because a white actress (or "white" movies in general) will bring more audiences in and make more money for the movie, they proportionally gets paid more. Same reason professional female athletes make less money (or at least did before), because most people don't give a shit or watch female sport.
A real wage gap would be if an actor starring in movies that can't even make 20 mil. $ gets paid as much as actors starring in massive blockbusters.

She's the victim here pig

She is being humble

this, same with asians, they make more money than white men

With asians is a good thing though here is why: i am ASIAN DON'T DU DIS

>>I have a career that's probably comparable to Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Sigourney Weaver.

>I have a career that's probably comparable to Meryl Streep
imagine believing this

She's a great fucking actress. For sure better than Julianne and Sigourney,
and I like both of those.

People here bragging about never hearing about her
just confirms that 95% of this board just watches capeshit.

Actually she was in Suicide Squad, so they might just be retarded.

Name five kino where this cow has acting on the level of actresses she named

>Comparable to weaver

Bitch was in alien and in avatar and ghostbusters.

Name one agent who could make a black actress earn the same as a white actress.

>I have a career that's probably comparable to Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Sigourney Weaver.
>was a tv actress most of the time, still is

Back to /vg/ faggots. You know dick about kinema.

Viola has never achieved the kind of fame that Halle Berry, Whoopi Goldberg, Queen Latifah, Jada Pinkett, Angela Bassett, Taraji Henson or even Kerry Washington has. I don't know where she got this crazy idea that she's on the top of anyone's call sheet.

If she can negotiate for more money, she should. If she demands more than she's worth, they'll find someone else. That's all.

Highly underrated desu

She obviously isn't worth it or they would be paying her.

Fences and The Help and off the top of my head.

I should say that I don't think she's on Merrill's level, but she beats the other two in my book.

Hmm has this woman considered not being uglier than a white woman if she wants the same pay a white woman gets for being photogenic?

Yeah, between Suicide Squad, Madea Goes to Jail, Get Rich or Die Tryin' and her breakthrough role as "Woman" on an episode of NYPD, she truly is the greatest actress of our age.

>I make millions of dollars but Meryl Streep makes more! WAAAHHHH
fuck off, I'd be thankful to be a famous wealthy actress. She has it way better than 99% of the world and she still fucking complains, what a cunt

I thought Harambe died?

Also,
>I don't know who she is so I'll call her a cow
>kill yourself

oooooof course you do, honey. keep tellin you'reself that

rude

Powerful.

She was the bomb in Law Abiding Citizen.

Who?

She didn't have the opportunities Maryl had.

>I'll cherry pick and show him hurr durr
Between She-Devil, Into the Woods, Fantastic Mr. Fox and Dark Matter, Meryl Streep is truly one of the greats of our age.

She's a female "that guy".

She's been in a lot of films, mostly mediocre, some good, mostly as a bit part. She's done so many bit parts she's never going to an A-lister.

She has zero star power, no one will go see a film because they heard her name. Heck there are plenty 'That Guy's who can act rings around her, have had more memorable parts but still aren't household names. Pic related.

Not the user you're replying to, but I'd argue she was one of the weakest parts in both movies. Denzel carried Fences, and the best part of the Help was indisputably Octavia Spencer. Without her shit pie, no one would remember the movie, while Viola's character was intended to be a bland self-insert for the viewer to take in black servant culture.

Still, at least you were able to name two good movies she's been in.

Get Rich or Die Tryin
Madea Goes to Jail
Suicide Squad

If she was actually the black Meryl Streep she wouldn't have to identify herself as "the black Meryl Streep".

One user was already challenged to name five examples of good acting Viola has done. You think you can name them?

not even those tits can save that baboon face
desu black people aren't pleasant to look at so I don't blame producers for not wanting to cast them unless it's some surefire oscar bait

Can you name five examples of Sigourney without just listing the Alien movies?

That's because the black Meryl Streep is Angela Bassett.

>Boyz in the Hood
>Malcolm X
>What's Love Got to Do with It
>Waiting to Exhale
>How Stella Got Her Groove Back
>The Rosa Parks Story

etc etc. She does the high profile black movies that analog much better to Meryl Streep's career.

Sure, we'll lump all of the Alien franchise into one movie since it's the same role: Alien, Ice Storm, Gorillas in the Mist, Working Girl, Avatar, Ghostbusters.

I was going to talk shit about Ice Storm, Gorillas and Working Girl since I didn't recognize any of those titles, but looking them up they're all 80+% movies that earned her Academy and Golden Globe nods.

How haven't I heard of these before?

oprah

>Go to the movies.
>Have to choose between a movie starring beautiful blue eyed sexy blonde or a movie with shitty butt crack ugly turd nigger Ebola Davis.
>Ugly nigger wants equal pay when her movie sucked

>no Galaxy Quest

C'mon son

Who?

>comparable to meryl streep, julianne moore

>stars in low brow shonda rhimes network tv trash

oh honey sweetie

she was in Suicide Squad....
top kek

I know she was in How To Get Away With Murder and Suicide Squad. That's it. How good is she in them?

Galaxy Quest was a fun movie and I liked it, but I was challenged to name five of her best that weren't Alien. So Galaxy Quest didn't make the cut. Otherwise I'd have thrown Heartbreakers on there for the number of times she and Jennifer Love Hugetits made me jerk off.

She can't be serious...her publicist must have told her to say this.

literally who?

what kino was she in I've never heard of her

reroll

That's such a funny thing to bring up considering the only people responsible for this (besides her 'acting') are jews.

>googled career
>nothing of note in her resume
Who is this again?

>ugly, old, negro actress wants more money

LOL NOPE

the fact she was nominated for the devil wears prada shows how overrated that cunt is

>this stupid nobody
>better than Julianne Moore
I know we all le hate women xd but she's a fantastic actress, Viola Davis can't even begin to compare to her, let alone to Meryl Streep

>High level black movies
Key word being "black". They're a minority so of course they would never attain as high a profile as the likes of Julianne Moore, and Im not even going to start on comparing herself to Meryl Streep, of all people.

OOGA GIBS ME DAT

I know! Why don't those black studio heads and black producers pay her more?

Oh WAIT!

Literally who?

i don't think she understands hierarchy

a black woman will never be on the same level as caucasian or even latino women, they're just simply not regarded attractive enough. movies have to be bankable so i really don't understand why she doesn't get it, creative integrity is one thing, but you have to accept that you're basically just a product that sells the movie. awards are fucking useless, and you are totally delusional if you think that they make even the slightest difference in the universe, especially when it comes to representation. marlon brando understood this early on.

the industry sucks, the fact that everything revolves around profit at the highest level kinda sucks. the problem is not skin color.

My buddies tell me I'm as good as Meryl Streep too.

Where's my salary bump, Hollywood?

Is working as an actor/actresss basically the only career where you can complain about your wage and bashing your superiors online without there being any repercussions?

Feel like any other job whether your in an office building or retail store, if you were to complain about your job online then you basically get fired or disciplined in someway. Like I don’t understand why they mention this stuff online or to the public in the first place. Regular people don’t give a shit how much they get paid, this seems more like an issue to talk to the ones that pay you, and not cry to the whole world cause your getting paid a million dollars instead of two million dollars for remembering lines and pretending to be someone else

I audibly said 'who?'

Humble as fuck

>Countries that pay for media are predominately white
>More financial gain for the studios to hire white people to play roles

It's simple supply and demand. It's not that hard to understand. Also, comparing herself to Meryl Streep is laughable.

IS she crazy? She's never gonna get paid more than a jew.

She knows how the game goes.
White Men - Black Men - Other Men - White Women - Asian Women - Mexican Women - Other Women - Black Women.

Been like that since forever.

>>I have a career that's probably comparable to Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Sigourney Weaver.
>best known for How To Get Away With Murder and Suicide Squad

Sigourney was in 2 timeless classics. This bitch hag even have one.

Black people have lost their fucking minds.
Viola Davis is not a black Meryl Streep or Sigourney Weaver (maybe she is a black Julianne Moore tho)

Except you dont

>We get probably a tenth of what a Caucasian woman gets.

She's probably a terrible actor because she probably can't act and probably doesn't deserve to be paid.

But that's his best role.

Unironically I don't even know who is this woman.

>The Help
while I really like the movie I dislike almost everyone in that film. The characters all treat Emma Stone like shit throughout most of the film. She is the only one helping them. Great movie but the characters are atrocious.

All her awards are juden gold.
All her nominations are juden silver.

It's literally impossible to compare yourself to Streep. Streep is unfairly cast in literally everything. I fucking saw a movie where she played a River guide and beat up a bunch of kidnappers after going white water rafting. I google it, turns out she is an AFI top 10 hero for the role. Streep doesn't play by the goyim rules.

kek

>her publicist must have told her to say this.
I bet her publicist must have told her NOT to say this

She's probably the most humble person in the whole world!

that's the problem
We might joke about it here, but in their little bubble they are literally never told this

is she high? She has been nowhere near as many famous movies as Streep and Weaver.... Moore mayybe but even that is pushing it

Geez