Why do cobra commander and starscream share va's so much. Is it a tradition

Why do cobra commander and starscream share va's so much. Is it a tradition

Range. Not many male VA's can do that.

Cobra has a cool costume. It's like a cross betwen a klansman and a nazi.

Same studio. Some other actors and writers also worked on both GI Joe and Transformers. Also Chris Latta was a popular voice actor and was the original voice of Mr. Burns on the Simpsons.

I'm never pleased when the enemy leader isn't wearing a helmet or a tall hat

Sgt. Slaughter is gonna put him the Cobra clutch

Is gi joe ever gonna be big again

Not in our lifetime.

Military, terrorism are very touchy subjects right now. God forbid the diversity based teams are gonna catch flak from someone no matter what they do.

It's a series that no one will see and no one will want to see.

I meant with others who went on to voice cobra commander because they seem to also play starscream

Bump

CC and Starscream's destinies are intertwined forever, hence the shared voice actors. a good example is that Serpentor was created for the GI Joe franchise just because Hasbro liked the Megatron/Starscream dynamic and thought Cobra needed something like it

That's a shame

It's hard to do their voices, so once they have someone they want them to do both. Otherwise you get the CC voice in GI Joe 2, which was shit.

The problem is that Serpentor sucks. Having CC not be leader is lame.

>serpentor
Cobra la la la la la la la!!!!

I imagine a lot of people had Chris Latta in mind when thinking of their voices. Probably why a lot of VA's tried to imitate him.

tradition.

besides only 3 VA's have played both roles Chris Latta, Charlie Adler & Michael Dobson.

Otherwise they usually haven't shared many VA's.

He's gonna need a shovel first.

It's also a half truth. RAH might be slowly going away but Hasbro has said multiple times in the past 4 years they are determined to get Joe back in the ring. they just need to get everything right. latest rumors put a New Joe show in the pipeline for 2019 and the comics haven't gone anywhere.

Steven Blum too, he was Cobra Commander in GI Joe Renegades and Starscream in TF Prime.

Charlie Adler was CC in Renegades.