ITT we say our favourite movies of 2017 and then tell each other what shit taste they have

ITT we say our favourite movies of 2017 and then tell each other what shit taste they have
I'll start
>Three Billboards
>Dunkirk
>Blade Runner 2049
I'd so a top 5 but I did not see a single other movie I enjoyed last year.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iYgPznBrjiA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Three Billboards
Good

>Dunkirk
Good

>Blade Runner 2049
Videogame shit

>I'd so a top 5 but I did not see a single other movie I enjoyed last year.
Pleb with no taste

>Pleb with no taste
Well recommendations? I'll give you a shot even though you obviously cant appreciate cinematography worth shit.
also was tempted to include A Ghost Story but it was meh.

Stop posting, pleb. Go watch some movies.

Wait add King Arthur and Baby Driver. Now I have a top 5, even with a powergap.

Disaster Artist
Columbus
The big sick
Barely anything good came out of Hollywood this year.

2049 was a bit disappointing at the end. It would have been better if K had driven off with his death being left as ambiguous, perhaps with some song about how he'd grown to be a real human being.

Best:
1. Ghost Hunting
2. The Woman Who Left
3. El mar la mar
4. Quality Time
5. On the Beach at Night Alone
6. Dark Night
7. Rey
8. Sleep Has Her House
9. Voyage of Time (Blanchett version)
10. Good Time

Worst(no order):
Get Out, Baby Driver, Blade Runner 2049, Logan, The Big Sick, Okja, Don't Kill It
Columbus, Beauty and The Beast, Atomic Blonde, Kuso, Power Rangers, The Bad Batch, Bushwick

Why wouls you include an actual bad movie (Atomic Blonde) with your bait list? is it to be more subtle?
Disaster Artist is garbage though. Haven't seen Columbus yet. Is it an award bait snore fest, like description makes it seem like?

I don't think Columbus was boring but I have kind of a weak spot for those kinda movies.

yeah its not really my thing but I might give it a shot because I am desperate for kino these days.

Three Billboards a shit.

No particular order:
>BR2049
>Dunkirk
>Logan Lucky
>Disaster Artist
>Kong: Skull Island
>Trainspotting 2
>Free Fire
>Alien: Covenant
>War for the Planet of the Apes
>It

Pretty fucking pleb, but there was a serious Kino outage last year.

Only 2017 movie I still want to see is I, Tonya.

Honestly 2017 was an awful year for movies.

>Logan Lucky
This wasnt bad. add it to my "wasnt shit list"
>Trainspotting 2
I am too scared to watch this. Why does it even exist?

And it is only getting worse.

dunkirk and blade runner were the only 2017 movies i saw lol

Name your 2016s so we can laugh even harder at "there was a serious Kino outage last year"

Killing of a Sacred Deer
Bladerunner

Why does he waste his time on these shitfests? Sacred Deer and the Lobster one? he is a good actor and it's wasted.

jesus these threads always reveal how bad Sup Forums's taste is. just shitty oscar bait, video gamer-tailored flicks, and thinly veiled accessible """arthouse""" around.

In no specific order

Literally my exact same top 3. I also liked Logan Lucky, John Wick 2 and Logan too last year.

>Why does it even exist?

So you could look up this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=iYgPznBrjiA

I get that Killing is a good movie but like who the hell would list it as one of their favorite movies of the year? let alone watch it more than just once.

>shit to shit
Lmao

Dunkirk
Good Time
War for the Planet of the Apes
Trainspotting 2

You have to say what movies you like while telling everyone their taste is shit. You are doing it wrong.
I liked Logan Lucky. John Wick 2 had none of the charm and was a pretty empty sequel. Taken 2 tier. Logan was good as well. I just feel wrong saying Logan Lucky or Logan were some of my favourite movies of the year even though they make the top 10.

>The Last Jedi
>Thor Ragnarok
>Guardians of the Galaxy 2
>Spiderman Homecoming
>Justice League
Whats with all these boring movies Ive never heard of itt?

Twin Peaks: The Return
Brawl in Cell Block 99
Baahubali 2: The Conclusion
A Ghost Story
Alien: Covenant

Mah Nigga

mother

I don't remember any other movies from last year

How often do I have to tell you nobodys gonna fall for that shit, now youre just trying too hard on top.
Also stop samefagging for christs sake

kinda pleb tier but whatever. These are interchangeable besides good time btw

1. Good Time
2. Super Dark Times
3. Ingrid Goes West
4. Happy End
5. The Other Side of Hope
6. Loveless
7. A Ghost Story
8. Lady Bird
9. Brawl in Cell Block 99
10. Dark Night

I thought it was pretty great if you weren't watching anything wide released

A Ghost Story, Three Billboards and Myabe the Florida project are the only 3 films that weren't wide released that were good. Its never good when you have to rely on arthouse shit.

>Wifu Runner 2049
of course you fucking autists liked this bullshit

The correct way to end it was him on the stairs saying "time to die"

Killing of a sacred deer
It
Mother
It Comes at Night

That's pretty much in order from what I enjoyed the most to the least. Still need to see Three Billboards and A Ghost Story.

its a slow burning film with goose who plays an actual autist which flopped at the box office, only thing this board wouldve wanted more wouldve been goose crashing a plane while waiting 10 seconds between every line of so-bad-its-quotable dialogue

1. Three Billboards
2. The Disaster Artist
3. The Shape of Water

FIGHT ME

Do you ever get tired of smelling your own farts?

>The Square
>Blade Runner 2049
>A Quiet Passion
>Raw
>The Killing of a Sacred Deer
>A Ghost Story
>Good Time
>Dunkirk

It was a decent year

shove that iphone up your ass my dude

Someone help me out. I'm looking for a movie. Someone made a thread about it earlier saying talking about an attic. The poster has two guys standing in front of a house in the woods. It looks dark and spoopy. Anyone know the name?

people with taste

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.

This maybe?

a whole lotta bait in this pic, nicely done you will be able to trigger literally everyone with this one

That's some shit taste you got there

I commend you for at least liking what you like and disliking what you don't like.
I dont think its bait. I think he just posted what he liked instead of whatever fits a look he is going for.

1. Columbus
2. Blade Runner 2049
3. Lady Bird
4. Dunkirk
5. Good Time
6. Brigsby Bear
7. The Killing of a Sacred Deer
8. On the Beach at Night Alone
9. The Florida Project
10. The Big Sick

Based user delivers. Thanks!

>Phantom Thread
>T2 Trainspotting
>Dunkirk
>Lady Bird
>Blade Runner 2049

>Trainspotting 2
I forgot this a week after I watched it

lost city of z
florida project
king arthur

Do you ever not get triggered by people who try to watch things that aren't franchises?

All good apart from 'A Ghost Story'.

The problem with the post is twofold.
One your inclusion of "worst movies" shile not be for you. You can not viably say for example Blade Runner or Bany Driver to be the worst movies. You are saying it either as bait, or since they are popular to be contrarian rather than because they could possibly be Razzie worthy.
Now the second problem is the entirety of your "liked" movies being obscure arthouse shit. While there is nothing wrong with that and some may be decent, it is way to try hard rather than organic in your taste. Either you are the most close minded loser im history or it is intentionally so. You likely go into movies with a preconceived bias and just confirm it. Arthouse/pretentious or obscure "gonna be lit" popular "gross trash."
While I would agree the prevelance of capeshit 700 Star Wars films, sequels reboots, soft reboots and spinoffs drives me up the wall and I long for something orignal, perhaps even adding bomus points to orignal shit like Three Billboards and taking points away from otherwise decent films Like Spiderman Homecoming I can still simply enjoy a film on its merits. Something you lack which is why your post is shit and you must be terrible to be around. Even this cocky "im better than you" reply to be called out on your pretentiousness highlights this attitude problem.

>Bany Driver
Dumb phoneposter

Would watch.

Jesus imagine having this much shit taste on top of being angry at other people about it

>liking/disliking movies based off the aesthetic it gives you.
You are a better fit for Sup Forums senpai. All I am saying, this board isn't for you, the vegans of moviegoers.

Wait, how else do you like/dislike something?

>the vegans of moviegoers
How do you know those people didn't watch capeshit and other movies as well along with their arthouse picks?

Maybe they did. And maybe they hated them all from confirmation bias or because they are too into their bubble they didn't even notice. Maybe they just genuinely don't enjoy capeshit, that's fine I wouldn't put any on my list. But the list is so obviously sculpted to give off an aesthetic rather than just listing off entertaining movies. In comparison its no different than

>The Big Sick
why is this even on some lists? its like a seth rogan movie without seth rogan

excellent writeup user, thanks because I was too lazy to do the same thing

BR2049
War for the Planet of the Apes
Logan

Should have proofread before posting from the shitter though.

>Logan Lucky
It was dumb fun
>BR 2049
Not the greatest but still good
>War of the planet of the apes
My order is Rise>war>dawn

Honestly couldn't think of that many great movies I saw last year. Did Silence come out in 2016 or 2017? Even with Garfield that was one of Scorsese's best

>Fate of the Furious
>Baywatch
>Jumanji

I dont get the praise for Logan and War for the planet of the apes. Logans ending was messy and it had the usual "villain is the hero but in evil" cliche, it couldve been so much more. Apes had cliches and lazy writing as well. Both were also lacking visually and heavy handed with mostly flat characters.
Im not saying this because every movie needs to be 2deep4u philosopy, but because they had several flaws within their genre.
Blade runner was great and deserves its praise, but its gonna age bad since its setting is outdated from the get go, the original ghost in the shell is more relevant today than 2049 is. This is not the sequels fault since its limited by the first one and throwing everything away wouldve been to disrespect it, but there was still the choice of not making the movie at all
I remember a time where winrar was used on purpose, who cares user
pic related

Late 2016, loved it, would have been on my list if it was 2017

Or maybe (and here is the thing you still prefer not to grasp and thus exclude from your illusory complete set of other maybes) is that some people don't like movies that are marketed as entertainment.

you took a lot of words to say "stop liking what I don't like"

>I dont like movies that are entertaining
Gee thanks for confirming what I was saying user. Sure is normal to prefer boring movies.
Yeah everyone told me Logan Lucky was a dumpster fire so I was expecting it to be terrible but it put a big grin on my face.

you missed his point user, hes saying the guy doesnt even like or probably dodnt even watch the m9vies hes listed, he only dod it for some perceived credit that would give him to thrn drag down either get out, baby driver or br2049, since none of these are objectively anywhere near to being bad. He could argue overrated and bring some points forward, like get out getting too much praise due to racebaiting only, but he didnt.
Also
>implying anyone whos into arthouse would watch power rangers
Long story short, it smell like bullshit in here.

Close enough. I never accused him off not seeing the movies.I know a lot of people like that in the music scene who can shape their taste to an aesthetic in a rather vapid way, so it could genuinely be a subconscious thing. And I have seen Power Rangers and watch some arthouse movies. But overall yeah.

>A winrar is you.
Hi grandpa!

I did not like Dunkirk

Wow, uh hi Hitler.

>Gee thanks for confirming what I was saying user. Sure is normal to prefer boring movies.
See now you're denigrating people who might genuinely prefer movies to not be just entertainment and brushing away as saying that that's not what normal people do. Basically you managed to read the minds of people and suss out their intentions based purely on a list.

Trainspotting 2 was the only one i actually liked this year, and even then it only had a couple of scenes that made it worth seeing, the rest was forgettable.

Baby Driver
Paddington 2