Is American Horror Story a decent show?

Is American Horror Story a decent show?

Which season is the best?

I have literally watched everything else, so I must no., please. PLEASE. I am a TV Junkie.

I've only seen the first season but I enjoyed it

First two seasons were good, some parts of the newest one are good. The rest is pretty shit.

No, it's trash. At it's absolute best it's the fun kind of trash, but most of it is unwatchable.

Season 2 is the peak of the series, with Season One and Four being flawed but passable. Eveything else is a hard pass.

AWhat about Season 3 "Coven"? that *sounds* the most interesting and got good reviews,

I was hoping to start there.

This user is objectively correct. It's like Sup Forums junk food. Too much at once will probably give you a headache, too.

Every season starts interesting and then it goes to shit after 4 episodes or less, except for S1 and S2

Don't. I can only warn you, everything past season two is terrible.

>Murder House
dumb shit

>Asylum
good, 'scariest' effort they've put in

>Coven
Depends on your tolerance for extremely bitchy camp. Hate it or love it

>Freak Show
Fucking awful, restarts its own plot at least three times in the season, lazy and boring, kills the scary fucko clown like three episodes in but you do see Emma Roberts sawed in fucking half and that's cool

>Hotel
Decent sexy goth vibe, runs out of steam

>Roanoke
no-nonsense, stripped down season with a midseason twist that doesn't actually suck for once

>Cult
Like I'm going to revisit anything about fucking 2016, fucking Hillary, or fucking Trump. Not remotely interested in watching a hysterical overreaction to a hysterical fucking dumb-as-balls year.

Asylum for longevity, Hotel for freaky ass moments and a good ending. Only right answer.

After Season 2 it went downhill as fast as an all black neighborhood

Felt like Hotel just kind of bumbled and ran out of juice in the last episode, just... finally ended.

But to be fair this is still a better ending than most seasons of this show.

idk... having them locked up in there forever just felt like a satisfying ending

On one level yeah because the characters were generally really strong that season, but on the other hand it ended pretty much exactly the way Murder House did with less suspense. "Well we were all conniving shits to each other while alive but I guess we can all be ghost buddies"

having that crew locked in the wing of the hotel sealed off felt particularly bleak and... idk torturous? If I'm getting it wrong please correct me but I don't think I am. The way they depicted it was kind of a darker and more heinous form of purgatory.

if you're modern youth you'll like it but if you have taste you won't

>S1 and S2
One decent season is enough to give me my fix, which should it be: season 1 or 2?

neither

It tries to legitimately be scary/serious like BM, while also being a wink wink nudge nudge horror-comedy

It comes off really really stilted and awful because of it.

>scary/serious like BM
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA

Dang, forgot about them. Good call

on reddit they have a dang bot that replies to anyone who says dang condescendingly.

Normie drivel

well, um, dang? wouldn't know what goes on at reddit.

It's not even horror outside of Kathy Bates flashbacks scenes, it's literally some Pretty Little Liars bullshit with some super edgee violence mixed in. There's exactly one male main character and he's killed in the first episode and made into a personality-less zombie/mental patient

First season was extremely good.

Coven made me question if the show was ever good.

Not sure why you're laughing.I think you think I'm giving BM a compliment. I am not at all, Black Mirrior is awful too, but it doesn't try all these cheeky jokes and shit, generally, it mostly keeps a 'serious, dis what happen if technology baaaad' tone. That doesn't mean it does it well either, but it's less of a tonal roller coaster per ep than AHS.

They are both sub par as fuck shows coasting off hype. AHS has like..maybe 3 scary moment throughout 7 goddamn seasons. Which would be fine, if they didn't make a big deal about how it's legit horror and everything that praises it didn't basically try and call it horror kino.

well then, I apologize

Every episode of AHS feels like Nosedive.

Worth Watching:
Asylum - Masterpiece with by far the best acting and characters
Murder House - The original, was groundbreaking at the time and holds up pretty well with the scares and twists. Solid american horror.

Passable:
Cult - First episode is cringy, once you realize Ally is supposed to be annoying and Kai is the main character it actually is pretty good, much needed comeback for the series.
Freak Show - What it lacks in compelling characters and actual writing it makes up for with seriously terrifying themes and villains. Good for pure horror, not for much else.
Roanoke - Same deal, its format is straight retarded but when it hits it's probably overall the scariest season. Kathy Bates is awesome in this one.

Garbage:
Coven and Hotel are girly drama shit, no idea what the fuck they were smoking for these seasons.

I feel Cult started off pretty strong and then just fell apart entirely the last few eps.
Girl power though, tee hee.

I'm not super interested in the plot.

I hear cute girls do a great job acting (such as Lady Gaga).

Even if the plot sucks, do we get good performances, as critics say?

It's shit. Seasons tend to start off with a good idea but shit hits the fan and soon ghosts are fucking shit up.
Asylum is the strongest, Coven had potential to have some rival witches throw down, but soon the ghost show up and fuck shit up and death isn't permanent.

>Murder House
>Everyone meets in the basement all the time and no one else notices.
>wut