Say something nice about the greatest war film ever made

Say something nice about the greatest war film ever made.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NYg8JGEP4ws
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hawk_Down_(film)#Controversies_and_inaccuracies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that's not platoon.

That's not Apocalypse Now

That's not Band of Brothers

That's not The Last Jedi

>that scene where the mh-6 lights up all the niggers

That’s not Paths of Glory.

That's not We Were Soldiers

That's not Patton

It's not Blades of Glory

Were the 90s the most aesthetic period for the US military?

>"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO YOU'RE HIDING FROM? YOU AND YOUR NIGGER FRIENDS ARE DEAD, MOHAMED FARRAH AIDID"

Jesus christ Ridley, really?

Sicario is good

if you say it without puncuation it sounds like black cock down

It's not the best war movie ever made, but it did codify the portrayal of urban warfare in movies.

That's not An Officer and A Gentleman

It's one of the most accurate war films post WWII.

Almost everything that happens in that film is backed up by reports from multiple sides.

That's not Gears of War

Why was Eric Bana's character such an autist?

That's not March of the Penguins

That's not Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience

Most Delta guys are autistic. Weird but true.

Okay.

>Black Hawk Down is one of the most important war films, as it is a film made in response to the 9/11 terrorism attacks about a military conflict that lead to U.S. foreign policy directly contributing to the united states weak security measures that allowed 9/11 to occur in the first place.

youtu.be/NYg8JGEP4ws

>mfw I realized Tom Hardy was in it

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hawk_Down_(film)#Controversies_and_inaccuracies
Bana's character wasn't autistic, just a Southerner

That's not Generation Kill

>made in response to the 9/11 terrorism attacks
>Release date December 28, 2001
They made the whole film from script to screening in 3 months? Damn, so why were people surprised when Ridley reshot All the Money in the World?

Everyone is in it.

>"It's lack of pussy that fucks countries up. Lack of pussy is the root fucking cause of all global instability; if more hajjis were getting quality pussy, there'd be no reason for us to come over and fuck 'em up like this, 'cause a nutbusting hajji, is a happy hajji. You take the Republican Guard and comp their asses for a week in Vegas. No fucking war! If Saddam invested more in the pussy infrastructure of Iraq than he did in his fucking gay ass army, then this country would be no more fucked up than say, Mexico."
Was he right Sup Forums?

>film made in response to the 9/11 terrorism attacks

plebes

OP said movies. Not shows.

Also this.

>>made in response to the 9/11 terrorism attacks
>>Release date December 28, 2001
My bad.
Should probably have said popularized, since it was released at such a key moment.
Filming started in march.

This is actually the key to world peace and all that jazz.

Yes, you're seeing the same thing with the alt-right

If I wanted to watch nature photography, Id watch Earth or Blue Planet.

>"It ain't me" doesn't start playing
>greatest war film

>ywn take that fuckin' bridge

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hawk_Down_(film)#Controversies_and_inaccuracies

What?

apu...u do dis ting fo me

Fuck you and Malick is a hack.

Good bye

come and see
cross of iron
paths of glory
the thin red line
bridge on the river kwai
apocalypse now
gallipoli
all quiet on the western front
das fuckin boot

i could go on

The story was pretty tame but the action was amazing

The scene with the Delta Snipers is tremendous. I cri everytiem

Spotted the fedoralords

Best war film is enemy at the gates

aye but at what cost?

>It's one of the most accurate war films post WWII.
No, that's Jarhead. Because it actually shows that most soldiers end up doing diddly squat.

Spinning is a neat trick but it can only get you so far.

It's not one of the most accurate war films post WWII?

>In an interview with the BBC, the faction leader Osman Ali Atto said that many aspects of the film are factually incorrect. Taking exception with the ostentatious character chosen to portray him Ali Atto claimed he neither looks like the actor who portrayed him, smoke cigars, or wear earrings,[27] all later confirmed by SEAL Team Six sniper Howard E. Wasdin in his 2012 memoirs. Wasdin also indicated that while the character in the movie ridiculed his captors, in reality, Atto seemed concerned that Wasdin and his men had been sent to kill rather than apprehend him.[28] Atto additionally stated that he had not been consulted about the project or approached for permission, and that the film sequence re-enacting his arrest contained several inaccuracies:[27]

>First of all when I was caught on 21 September, I was only travelling with one Fiat 124, not three vehicles as it shows in the film[…] And when the helicopter attacked, people were hurt, people were killed[...] The car we were travelling in, (and) I have got proof, it was hit at least 50 times. And my colleague Ahmed Ali was injured on both legs[…] I think it was not right, the way they portrayed both the individual and the action. It was not right.[27]

>Navy SEAL Wasdin similarly remarked that while olive green military rigger's tape was used to mark the roof of the car in question in the movie, his team in actuality managed to track down Atto's whereabouts using a much more sophisticated technique involving the implantation of a homing device (This was hidden in a cane presented to Atto as a gift from a contact who routinely met with him, which eventually led the team directly to the faction leader.[28]).
I'm calling bullshit on you claiming its the most accurate war film since WWII

truly ahead of its time

That’s not Tae Guk Gi: the brotherhood of war

Nice Star Wars references bro, see you in the Reylo general.

Good save, virgin.

>Gordy's down.

I get it man. Malick is a great photographer n shit. Still a shit movie.

There is another website where you can signal your atheism. This is not that site.

>Think Malick is a hack
>You must be atheist

Malickfags everyone!

If only the memes could get you a girlfriend. And not the anime kind.

It wasn't a war movie, it was a battle movie.

War is a series of storms rather one individual one, more or less a concept of Thomas Hobbes' natural State of War.

Platoon was edgy-trash, incorporating all the taboos surrounding around the Vietnam War into one small unit, implying that all small units did as much.

The only part that gives the film any standing was that Oliver Stone actually served in combat in Vietnam.

Support these
In addition to Master and Commander and Glory

Was half of a larger event, and personally believe LZ Albany deserved the attention in my opinion.
Mark Bowden might disagree with you, and those who have read his work.

Believe I commented on this last night, but the environment in which war takes place truly defines that war. Finding beauty in a shit-load of a chaos and horror comes with the job and many times is one of the few ways to maintain your sanity.

What else explanation is there for when you refuse the way of nature and the way of grace? When you do not seek the spark in every rosy fingered dawn?

>claiming its the most accurate war film

Did I?

>It's one of the most accurate war films post WWII.
>Almost everything that happens in that film is backed up by reports from multiple sides.
This was your original post so yes you did

Thats called shit writing.

The alt right isnt even a real movement though

Kek

el retardo.

are y'all too scared to mention saving private ryan??? 2 mainstream for the film bluffs???

No it isn't and wasn't. Being immersed in war is as mental as it is physical, they are two battles that exist at the same time. You battle your immediate world while battling yourself.

Malick captured that better than any film that immediately comes to mind.

Tell me why I'm retarded, instead of lazily dismissing my point of view via name-calling.

Is that Jim Caviezel (or however it's spelled)?

I get it you have zero argument.

EVERYONE.

>Plays a Delta operator named Sanderson in Black Hawk Down
>Plays a Delta operator named Sandman in Modern Warfare 3

The most amazing thing about everyone being in Black Hawk Down is that, at the time, most of them were nobodies. This movie made more acting careers than any other movie ever.

Do we have a Warkino list?