Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/94597519/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xl91v2Mvv94
desuarchive.org/co/thread/92340020/
hyoumaru.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Last time:

-Talked about Sup Forumslette's daily routine
-How do supers maintain a secret identity in a truly modern setting?
-New pics
-More about Delta and the Motion plot line
-A TMNT-like team who retired because they didn't want the public to know about their super cancer (not much beyond the idea was thought through)
-The return of Sup Forumsle (pic related), and what his life is like, including discussion about how gods work in the setting
-Multiple new GG scripts
-Other things I didn't mention

Other things of possible interest:

/d/ OC thread: /m/ CYOA thread, part 2:

There was a couple of Radioactive Mutant Soldier Manimals ideas.

There was an Albatross Sniper gal and a Mongoose Man.

So on the subject of secret concealment. Would Chaptor have the funds to pay off people who would inevitably look for identities?

We were still trying to figure out if they should all be men or not and what they were doing before getting mutated.

What would have made them popular with kids anyway?

Maybe there's a non-disclosure form anyone who learns the secret identity of a hero must sign.
Like when people go snooping around area 51 or wherever the government makes them sign papers forcing them to not talk about anything they've seen even if they didn't see anything.

Does anyone want to help discuss the designs for RR's Rouges?

I miss Sup Forumsleen. ;-;

Sure, what do you have in mind?

I think he should have a glue based enemy who tries sticking RR's feet to the ground only for him to start running with more and more stuff stuck to his feet, like increasingly tall platform shoes.

The cat robot thing?

Hmm... anyone remember Sup Forumsnnie, the sidekick with the rocket boots?

Well, I was more thinking of giving more discussing to the other ones suggested but I'm down getting glue man involved.

Where do you think the glue comes from?

Also, I would love to see more Sup Forumsnnie.

While I'm here, here's a prompt to get some discussion going:

>What would be a match up of /coc/ characters that could give an underdog/ but of the joke character a time to shine?

He covers himself in flower and wears a glue tube on his back.
I don't know why, he'd be like The Trickster in which he is just off his meds again.

Which characters are considered joke characters anyway?

>He covers himself in flower and wears a glue tube on his back.

You mean flour? but nothing says good and wholesome heroism like beating up mentally strained.

Well as an example for a joke character I could see RR going against Samefag going horribly. SF's power is one person away from mass chaos.

Yeah, flour.

And I mean like this
youtube.com/watch?v=Xl91v2Mvv94

How would RR work through his extreme anger issues to deal with someone like that? Someone who can be "defeated" without fighting him.

I would assume for the Stickler (Place holder name) He wouldn't even figure it out until either the nurse get's in the way or after he gets booed when he finishes beating him down.

As for Samefag, I don't know. I just had this footnote that if IHM ever came back the JC would have top priority of making sure RR dosen't show up. What came of that is the idea of SF trying to lure RR to the battle for IHM to leech off his hate

I'm not sure that anger is the same as hate.

You can be really angry and still not hate the thing that's making you angry.

Fair enough.

Also, why is Stickler covered in flour?

To keep himself from getting stuck.

But the amount of glue to effectively catch a speedster, and by extension the flour you'd need to safely traverse your glue pool. Where does the flour even come from?

Let's say he's wearing a hat.

A really big one.

>So, which other villains would get their brains picked aside from Billy?
Racketeer and Quizmaster, definitely. (Maybe Racketeer's nightmare-villain would be like an evil mime or silent-movie villain.)

Jade Empress would not attend. She seems very much the type to look down on modern science with the utmost scorn and contempt.

I think she just looks down on other villains in general for being small time.

Quizmaster's nightmare would be a trivia handbook that is easy for anyone to read and understand.
But Dr. Baron von Verrückt wouldn't pull something useless like that from his mind, it'd be like a legion of suits and office presentations.

Collette needs shorter hair.

Like, all the way down to knuckle-length.

Did you mean to say longer?

No shorter; shorter than the space between a finger's knuckles.

Woolie, get out of the thread!

Is this short enough?

was Sup Forumsnnie related to Sup Forumsnata?

A relentless horde armed with charts displaying evil's projected growth index. I like it.

GG is a slut.

I REALLY wish this one would draw more of her.

No, she was her own character.

I don't think we've used Sup Forumsnata for anything in a while. She was more or less Sup Forumsnrad and Sup Forumslette's more 'normal" obsessive comics fan who would call them out on getting too into their roles on occasion.

A projected toothy face on a wall that can actually eat things.

We'd need a joke about pie charts as part of the banter when GG and SQ are fighting it.

I think we all do.

>A projected toothy face on a wall that can actually eat things.
>We'd need a joke about pie charts as part of the banter when GG and SQ are fighting it.
That is just brilliant.

You beat it by finding the projector.

>"GG isn't /aco/"

Objectively best OTP coming through.

STOP

STOP IT

STOP TAUNTING ME

Incorrect

Man, I really need to make a better version of that image.

What do you guys like for the coniverse theme musics? Unfortunately for me to brainstorm to ultimate Sup Forumsniverse is DUAL! parallel trouble's opening theme which isn't very Sup Forums of me, but I felt its got that late 80s early 90s Disney TV series opening vibe somehow. What do you think would be good Sup Forums adventure's theme song or opening themes? What kind of feeling should it evokes?

Dual, huh. I haven't seen that in years. It went something like "You make it, you make it, you make it good" right?
I heard there was a new continuation in the Tenchi OVA continuity, I should look into if that's true some time.

I tend to associate music more with certain situations than any individual character.

Like dubstep or classic rock when it comes to a race.

Well, let's see if we'll still have a thread during Sunday.

>man talks about his romantic feelings with his girlfriend in the snow
>she looks exasperated and awkward
>man talks about his romantic feelings with his """girl"""friend in the snow
>"""she""" holds him tighter and blushes

Why are traps SO superior to women?

SHOOOORRRRRTTEEEERRRR

>late 80s early 90s Disney TV series opening vibe
pretty much this, yes.

Why is Colette so perfect?

Woolie shut up.

- design is based more on comic characters than cartoons
- years of tweaking that design with various artists
- a bunch of luck

Conrad/Suzie/Colette OT3.

Bumping with questions.
1. What aesthetic and design choices do you guys associate with 90s superheroes other than belts and pouches?
2. What would the anthropomorphic manifestation of censorship look like?
3. What's the rule on off site write-fagging?

>Why is Colette so perfect?
[hissing cat noises]

>1. What aesthetic and design choices do you guys associate with 90s superheroes other than belts and pouches?
mullets. rat tails. men with pony tails. massive shoulder pads. oversized boots. high contrasting oversaturated colors. (think unaltered MS Paint palette) excessive nonsensical crosshatching and/or hi-contrast solid blacks. waist high cut thongs. Super Soaker guns. "cybernetic" arms and legs drawn as Colossus skin.
claws and symbiotes.
names with the word "blood" or "kill" in them.
5 o'clock shadows.
short cut leather jackets.
silly sunglasses.

>2. What would the anthropomorphic manifestation of censorship look like?
a really small snail with a really disgusted unwavering grimace that somehow always manages to maintain eye contact with you.
forever.

>3. What's the rule on off site write-fagging?
we have rules here??

>1. What aesthetic and design choices do you guys associate with 90s superheroes other than belts and pouches?
Leather jackets/trenchcoats/dusters, those masks that allow hair to show, and everything else said

Vaclav Havel with a Star Trek evil-verse beard.

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, I remember discussing design ideas a few months back.

So, as always, Desu's search function is down when it's actually needed.

Why is this one so ugly?

a smug duck, perhaps?

>3
Usually pastebin or a googledoc link.

The Cosmic Censure Authority, right?

I like seeing art of the catbot.

The only issue I have is why often is your pictures so faint?

Rude!

Right. I remember the design ideas being interesting.

Have there been any good mind control interactions lately?

Man, that time we had some good things going on. Did anything come out of Rocket Boy?

None come to mind.

The Sup Forumsllector is the biggest source of mind control with that being her power, but I don't think she'd been used lately.
Last time I recall her showing up was when magi drew her and Colby got her in the eyes.

Also here's the link

desuarchive.org/co/thread/92340020/

Ah, you found it! Excellent work.

Wow, she still looks cute even with short hair.

>implying that's short

Draw Motion next, Penni.

O-Oh my!

OK, so it was

>CCA - Cosmic Censure Authority

>a large lanky figure that has a unnaturally uptight posture. Maybe multi armed, not for fighting, but to cover potty mouths and the like.

>instead of acting directly, it/they mostly create/empower agents on Earth to bring the planet back under its/their control, those agents forming the bulk of Golden Guardian's rogues' gallery.

>Another additive is the clothing. Usually Cosmic horrors don't have clothing (since most are some unfathomable abominations) but maybe giving it a extremely covered look may help give a creepy factor. Plus watching a clothed figure heading towards you with only the occasional cling to the multiple limbs to give you a hint on how it moves can add to the idea of "to see it with your eyes is to go mad" that Lovecraft loved so much.

>Plus, it only makes sense that an eldritch personification of censorship would be fully clothed.

>I like the idea that a Cosmic Horror is too mindboggling to a regular mortal that their mind automatically censors it - and all that we perceive is a literal void. Vantablack, if you will. And as for clothing, what the CH considers clothing is not what we consider clothing, so for a censorship-based CH it could be dressed in censor bars, pixellated mosaics, gaussian blurs, whiteouts, blackouts, and REDACTED texts.

>What's the visual shorthand for censorship most associated with the 50's? Blacked out text and redacted documents spring to mind but the seem like they'd be hard to incorporate into a villain design.

I feel like at one point there was a character design who had censor bars attached to their arms that they used as weapons.
Blackout, Strikeout, something out maybe?

Or maybe it was just a piece of fanart mindwipe did for some other character.

That's a bit too short for my likings.

GET A GAWDDAMN HAIRCUT YA HIPPY!

She did this because /d/'s goo wasn't coming out.

>She did this because /d/'s goo wasn't coming out.

This. I like this explanation.

>"What happened to your hair?"
>"/d/ came in -- and there was this stuff -- oh god, it was everywhere!"
>tats in background with no eyebrows

>I feel like at one point there was a character design who had censor bars attached to their arms

Which can only lead me to assume he was smacking people with his throbbing dickarms.

From what I'm imaging, they were more like sheets of metal or plastic.

"Censor armor" would look like a lot of censor bars, so maybe like samurai armor?

Chestlets.

When will they learn?

Never.

Cruel and unusual.

>tfw Marley and GG are both scrawny womanlets
>GG gets huge tits and grows into an Amazon later in life
>Marley doesn't

Poor little Marley can't catch a break.

I recall discussing the idea that Marley read old Golden Girl and Golden Guardian comics when she was a kid, which just compounds things.

>DUAL! parallel trouble's opening theme
Coniverse Adventures Season 3 teaser.

make believe I added a nicely cel-shaded kay-2 sliding across the screen just before this shot, okay?

What are the most likely mind control interactions available right now?

Is Venus wearing Bees' jacket?
That's adorable, if so.

Really, it makes me imagine a crossover with the villainous Mothernet alien invasion force /m/-tan is currently wrapped up in fighting over in the /m/ CYOA.
Partially because of the aesthetics, partly because I remember the leader of the Ra Ra (La La?) Army was the mother of both versions of the girl most-main-character mech pilot.

The bitch stole our toaster.

Well any story you can think of that involves The Sup Forumsllector will have her "assuming direct control" at some point or another. It comes down to who you want to fall victim to it in the story.

I wonder what the limits are to the orders she can give those she mind controls and if there's a time limit to how long the control lasts before they need another dose.

I don't know what this is but I am intrigued...

We assume she's the "Mother" of the invading Mothernet alien forces in /m/-tan's CYOA (part 2 linked to in the second post of this thread).

We still don't know much about Mothernet's chain of command, but we gather only the commanding officers or stronger units have any real sense of self and not programmed in obedience. Their grunts get a full memory scrub the instant you rip them out of contact with the Mothernet, it prevents information from leaking.

Odds are we'll end up fighting their top fighters once we make it to their base.

We don't know their names yet, but I suspect we'll end up fighting these tow at some point.

They fucking cloned our toaster.

The Sup Forumsllector on Sup Forumslette is over done in my opinion.

What's an end goal for her? Why did she become a thief?

something i commission.
Audrey beating up a burger who broke in in the middle of the night
Art done by Hyoumaru hyoumaru.tumblr.com/

Neat.

Must be a bold robber to break into the Sterling estates.

that or stupid

>burger

>that or stupid
Or nutritious, so it seems.

Looks like she's packing a bit more booty than usual, which is to say any booty.

Or both. Last I checked we had Sterling Manor sitting on top of a skyscraper.