Someone greentext this show for me please. I dont get it

Someone greentext this show for me please. I dont get it.

A few million people disappear from the world one day. It is never explained why.

Three seasons of hand-wringing human drama bullshit.

The end.

>It is never explained why.

The point was to never explain it, right?

plus multiculti from 2nd season
actually it kinda was

What happened to the chick on the right? Did she bang Papa Garvey?

They fired her off screen. And yes they did it

yeah, on a big pile of guns

The point is how people deal with the unexplainable so yes.
They said as much in like the first scene, the number of people who vanished really wasn't that high. If those same people had all died to some disease then nobody would have cared But it's the fact that no one knows what happened that drives everyone crazy.

If you want your TV show to give you a simple explanation of everything, watch a procedural cop show. Don't watch something by Damon Lindelof.

>penis recognition device

It was probably the writers intention to not have it explained, but why the fuck would anyone with half a brain cell be satisfied with that? It's against our nature as a species which constantly yearns to understand. Instead we get the equivalent of gossip, chit-chat and scandal.

>This giant monster just walked out of the sea, initiated a magic ritual, and ghosted a quarter of the planet's population into the realm of torment
>Yeah whatever, thats cool and all, but did you hear Greg was fucking Diane?
>Oooh girl, really? Tell me all about it!

>They fired her off screen

Story?

no story. They wanted more niggers in S2 and she was white.

Brainlet.

yes, that was the point, nobody know why they disappear, so the world goes crazy, the show is more about the world goes crazy and despair.

A small percentage of the world dissapears out of thin air

The show is about how people deal with loss

The ones who dissapeared were transported to another dimension which is a mirror to the old one, albeit without almost everyone on earth.

The end

>The ones who dissapeared were transported to another dimension which is a mirror to the old one, albeit without almost everyone on earth.

Because in real life we don't get neat tidy explanations for our entire existence, and part of life is not only searching to discover explanations, but also to reconcile the vast abyss of things we will never understand

hes right faggot

Debatable, fag

she literally said that

>Let the mystery be

Just watch Six Feet Under, its far better.

She could have been lying

And you could have been heterosexual

I wouldn't say it's better, but Six Feet is really, really good. They are neck and neck in my book

Based lost the argument poster

Is it ever explained why he is supposedly immortal, is he jesus ?

underrated

grounded supernatural plot used as an excuse to showcase great acting from these actors

>is he jesus

no one knows

heart condition apparently, this doesnt explain how he survives being buried alive though

I'm still mad at Carrie and Justin didn't get some recognition for their roles.

>Justin

I wanted to see his dick so badly

>plus multiculti from 2nd season
They're all american though

Let the mystery be.

Reminder Nora lied to Kevin about the parallel reality.

The whole secret is the show was a virtual simulation (like Matrix) and Kevin was only one, who could move from his version to other (older) versions (of this vidya).

Why? Watch all episodes, where Kevin dies and goes to the other world(s). It's always an RPG game. Choose your character. Choose it's arc. No play. Here's a guide for some exposition. You need to finish a subquest before you can continue with the main quest.

Seriously Im convinced that was the idea.

Was International Assassin the Citizen Kane of all TV series?

that's literally what is explained in the show m8

The show was full of baits, like magic religious black man.
There were people exhibiting odd supernatural abilities through the first season.

There was more than the disappearances going on.
That was just the "emotional hook".

LOST all over again. Doing their shitty JJ-inspired pulled-out-of-their-Mystery Box/Ass concept, with no clear conclusion or arc in mind.
Endless cliffhanger and bait and switch games, then it's time to wrap this shit up because the money's running out so
"oh, none of that meant anything. And it was never meant to, but look, these characters hug at the end!".

>Once in a lifetime event happens that splits the universe into two parallel universes.
>98% of people stay in the main universe where most of the action takes place
>2% are split into an alternate universe
>Kevin experiences a different effect where he can survive dying (they kinda explain why but they never do).
>Science caused this, not God.

The show is called "the leftovers" not "the vanished". It was never about the people who disappeared.

>brainlet tries to analyze television

The best way to enjoy the show is by watching S2 then S1 and then S3.

why

best episode was series finale though

It's kino. You're a brainlet.

I agree with this.

They set up themes and play with them, establish tension, give some characters depth in back story, lots of good stuff but..
>no arc
>drop threads unresolved
>frantic introduction of bullshit when time runs out
>goes out with a shrug

For all my overall complaints about the show, he was really good, she was great.

Ah, so Sup Forums propaganda. Ok

justin theroux gave the fucking performance of a lifetime in this.

that's so stupid, wow

Name a better show in 2017
ill wait

twin peaks the return

I absolutely loved evil Meg

>mfw i saw her pussy in the show

Nora represented science and trying to find order in chaos.
Kevin represented faith, accepting the unknown.

Nora's story about the other world, her job and her plot lines almost always revolved around her need for concrete answers.

Kevin's story was about finding the unknowable, his wife and children were mysteries to him, he saw ghosts and visions that never made any sense, he went to another world where everything was metaphor and got no answers even to simple questions("Why'd they leave their shoes behind?") and he came to accept this in the end.

And despite these different world views they found each other. Faith and Science.

Does anyone else just want to hold Norah tight and tell her everything is going to be OK?

woah! that's actually really clever and subversive! all this time it felt like they were just making it up as they went along but this is actually really cool!

>Someone greentext this show for me please
i'll just post a picture and save us both the time

What was the point of her raping the man?

>Just let the mystery be

I do.
I want to comfort her, so she can relax and feel safe for a moment in that crazy world.
And while she's relaxed, I lovingly slide my pingus into her dirt box.

They said before the show even started that they weren't going to ever reveal what happened. Anyone going in expecting an answer only have themselves to blame.

Shut. The fuck. Up.

I don't know.
It seemed like she wanted to exert her power but it also seemed like she wanted his seed

Nora was lying. It was really fucking obvious that she was. She felt a lot of shame and anger, and she was very afraid that she had driven Kevin away forever.

It really pisses me off. Say what you will about the show, the writing and so on. Personally I love it, but you might not. But this is perhaps the most well acted show I've ever seen. Miles better than what aired at the same time.

Good man.

>muh ennui

The Leftovers is a drama series about local Police Chief Kevin Garvey attempting to obtain a license to sell hotdogs.

Mark as spoiler for fuck's sake.

Please...

I can only come up with Legion, but it's only a worthy contender at best