Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Military_Disarmament_Act
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Giant space anus. I hate this design.

It's all part of their master plan.
Crashing the Star Wars universe
With no survivors

We're all rebels by right.

was that actually seen in the film? that thing is the new death star?

>Be rebellion
>Rebel
>Win Rebellion, take down government
>Become government
>Intentionally sabotage your own new government
>Become rebellion
>Rebel
The absolute state of Disneywars

Why is it so smooth lol

Two Death Stars at once

If I'm not mistaken, there is a canon book that explains how this happens between 6 and 7. I have never read it, I just heard about it.

>empire is all of a sudden the strongest force in the galaxy again

very weak stroytelling - like, waht even is the emperor's tax policy?

that was suggested for RotJ in development.

Only the next logical progression of doomsday weapons of course. First they blew up planets, then they blew up solar systems. The next Death Star will blow up the whole fucking galaxy, or at least the parts the Empire doesn’t like.

serious try at this...
in star trek TNG there's an episode there's an ancient device everyone is going after. It's an Iconian gate. It basically opens up a doorway which allows instant travel across vast distances. It would be an obvious tactical advantage and it would be a change from the big lasers.

Something like this also appeared in treasure planet and there's obviously the stargate as well.

Why did the Empire spend countless resources on 2 Death Stars when they could've built a fleet of Executors instead?

>the 9/11 terrorists became the strongest force in the world when they blew up the WTC

The next Death Star will be so powerful it will be able to destroy the entire franchise

>screencap this

Imagine actually writing this and thinking you made a good point

Shock and awe. Planetary destruction in one shot is much more scary than a fleet parked outside a planet, chipping away for an hour. Plenty of time for a counter-attack, like with a little A-wing.

I didn’t realize that the 9/11 terrorists blew up the two largest military bases, killed millions of soldiers, sunk a dozen of our ships and killed the president.

because the death star could destroy planets with their shield generators on
the executor couldn't

Fucking kek

>be the Empire
>spend endless resources and man-hours to build a moon-sized engineering marvel called the Death Star
>incorporate a basic design flaw that allows a tiny surface ship to completely destroy the moon-sized space station using nothing more than a tiny but well placed missile
>decades later
>spend endless resources and man-hours to redesign and rebuild an even larger and more powerful version of the moon-sized space station
>incorporate the same design flaw that led to the destruction of previous Death Star
>watch as New Death Star is completely destroyed in the same way by yet another tiny but well placed missile

And yet there are some who will insist that Star Wars is serious and intelligent high art.

>incorporate a basic design flaw that allows a tiny surface ship to completely destroy the moon-sized space station using nothing more than a tiny but well placed missile
t. Brainlet who didn’t watch rogue one.

t.Brainlet who thinks R1 fixed a plothole that never existed

It did though. You didn’t watch the movie.

That retconning shit doesn't count. The rebel attack on the DS1 was fool's hope. Luke only succeeding from trusting the Force to fire those torpedoes.

The DS2 didn't have a flaw, it was half-complete. It was destroyed due to arrogance of showing up for battle half-exposed.

>retcon
You don’t even know what that means. Where in the OT is there a different explanation for the exhaust port?

>And yet there are some who will insist that Star Wars is serious and intelligent high art
Kotor was good

JJ and the folks at Disney don't really think logical consequence should exist in SW. It's just a setting for stories about happy-go-lucky rebels fighting an all-powerful Empire. Now with more black and yellow people.

So do I, it's shit. Why do world-ending ships have to be spheres? It's not like logical matters in this universe so not make it looks like a fuckhuge starship the size of a planet. Much cooler.

>Why is it so smooth lol
Liquid ocean underneath

Why does an exhaust port need an explanation?

Death Donut

Holy fuck, you’re an invalid. Rogue One explains it.

A Death Solar System

That's exactly my point dumbass, why does the fact that the Death Star has an exhaust port need an explanation in the first place?
Everything has exhaust ports

Explaining its existence isn’t a retcon you fucking retard.

I never said it was, that was a different person
But just because it isn't a 'retcon' doesn't mean it isn't retarded

Um it needs an exhaust port because of thermodynamics.

It's sphere-shaped so it is about as ineffective at dissipating heat as it can be in terms of shapes. The center of the ship gets extremely hot and if it doesn't exhaust that heat to space it would turn the whole thing into an oven eventually, with only the parts closest to space on the outside possibly being survivable.

>durr it wasn’t me
Kill yourself

If anything the fact that the entire Death Star only has one tiny exhaust port is a bigger plothole.
We need a Rogue 2 to explain this

They retconned the idea that it needed to be a design flaw, ruining the entire ending of the original.

It wasn’t a design flaw though. It was purposely put in to take down the empire. Still a shit plot point, but how could you be this much of a brainlet to not be able to follow the story of a Disney flick?

>It was purposely put in to take down the empire.
That's fucking retarded. Glad I skipped R1.

Everyone can follow the story, we're arguing that the story is retarded
Nobodies denying that the port was put in intentionally according to new Disney-Canon, we're denying that they needed to write an entire movie about the origin story of an exhaust port.

>I’m arguing about something I never watched
Jesus fuck.

meant to say intentional design flaw

>surprised by this
Where do you think you are?

>it was a design flaw
>it wasn’t
>well it was a retcon
>no it wasn’t
>w-we’ll the movie didn’t need to happen!
This is what you call moving the goalposts. Building two other Death Stars was stupid, but please keep up.

>it wasn’t me!
>I meant to say something else

Why do you assume that everyone you respond to is the same person? You're responding to at least 3 different people.

this
>Giant space anus

its a big franchise

>butting into a chain of posts
>durr why don’t you realize it wasn’t me

Is Space Jihad back on the menu?

Maybe if your argument centred around anything other than nitpicking words from previous responses then it would make your life a lot easier
But of course you defend Disney Wars so there is no real argument to be made

Dipshit, it has always been this way. You should automatically assume everyone is different unless you're watching the poster count or someone is using a trip.

Don't be a jackass, we're all trying to enjoy the Sup Forums experience here.

hyperspace-ramming planets into other planets

Permanent Interplanetary Revolution, it makes sense if you are a Jew.

>b-boss we did it AGAIN
>but this time its even BIGGER
retarded cashgrab for nostalgia manchildren

>German Empire is defeated in World War I
>Completely disarmed, subject to heavy reparation payments by the allies
>STILL manages to rearm and re-militarize with a bigger army and better weapons to threaten Europe again 20 years later

WTF, real life has such shit writing!

>>people who blew up 2 Death Stars are still considered “rebels”
should have called themselves "idiots"

Only a matter of time until we get Halo-esque galaxy annihilating superweapons in Star Wars

>we're all trying to enjoy the Sup Forums experience here.
>reddit spacing
kys

>But of course you defend Disney Wars so there is no real argument to be made
No, and I've clearly stated multiple times the plot is retarded. You're just too much of a fucking invalid to follow simple story lines from brainless movies.

>that allows a tiny surface ship to completely destroy the moon-sized space station using nothing more than a tiny but well placed missile
This is like saying that Hitler could've been easily killed with a pistol. The Death Star was heavily guarded, the entire fleet that went with Luke was BTFO, and it took an impossible shot guided by a jedi to take it out.

The first order are literal fanboys desperate to prove themselves as the true inheritors of the empire's legacy, so they built a biggerer and betterer death star because that's what they think star wars is supposed to be about, building big superweapons

I could have done without yet another death star but I feel that they did enough to justify its inclusion within the thematic meaning of the story, and starkiller base isn't THAT important in the climax anyway. It's mostly just a plot device to get the Republic out of the picture and to get all of the main characters in one place for the climax. The actual battle to destroy it is basically a footnote

>real life happened so why can't a shitty parallel of real life happen?
galactic political entities won't behave like terrestrial entities. the empire turned into the republic again after the emperor was defeated anyways.

Right, because you know exactly how a fictional galactic republic would behave. At this point you're just whining you didn't get the New Republic from the EU.

never said how it would work, just that it would work differently than modern politics. comparing their galaxy's politics to modern politics is like comparing modern politics to ancient greek politics.
I don't care about the extended universe, I just know bad sci-fi based on its terrible plot emergence.

It will be a planet sized star destroyer with 2 death stars where the shield generators are and 2 collosal tie fighter panels on each side with a moon sized Darth Vader mask on the prow, it was a good friend.

The called his father BRENDEL in the Phasma book

> mfw

Did you forget that the "strong powerful women" leading the rebellion in the OT had the Republic DISMANTLE THEIR MILITARY?

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Military_Disarmament_Act

It's like a right wing parody.

If there's no army then there can't be any war

The Empire was created due to a highly centralized military loyal to the Supreme Chancellor alone. It makes sense that the New Republic would want to decentralize its military and instead focus on local peacekeeping forces, but it didn't end up working out because no one wanted to do their part because they figured the Republic Fleet that still was maintained was enough

Kind of like how NATO is supposed to be about collective defense but most smaller nations don't bother because they know they can just rely on the US, UK, and France should anything go wrong

but then there was war

>Build 3 death star
>when they could just buy a bunch of hyperdrives piloted by droids
What did empire mean by this?