Star Wars needs to die

I think Disney was right about Star Wars, but not in the way they thought they were. It's time to let Star Wars die.

Disney thinks they can live in this paradoxical world where they can kill Star Wars but for some reason it can still be around and make them a billion dollars a year in ticket and toy sales. It doesn't work that way though.

Imagine if the Beatles sold their band name and the Apple Corps label to Disney, and then Disney announced they were going to bring back the Beatles with an entirely new lineup of band members, and the songs were going to be written by the people who wrote for the Jonas Brothers. The surviving original band members might make an occasional guest performance in a song once in a while, but that's all you'd ever hear from them. Would anyone really give a shit? No. All you'd hear is "it's time for The Beatles franchise to die." All the while Disney props up the nu-Beatles with news articles saying how overrated the original Beatles were and how their music does not connect with the current generation, thus making the rebooted Beatles so necessary.

Without the original talent there is no point to Star Wars anymore. Disney has turned it into another franchise zombie like Terminator, where new movies always somehow manage to get released but no-one actually likes any of the movies except for the originals that were made by the original creator. Just like Terminator maybe there is someone out there who could make a really killer Star Wars movie, but they're never going to get their chance because of how the Hollywood roulette wheel works. When Star Wars is dead, people are going to forget about all the shlock made by Disney outside of the context of "this is how bad the franchise was when it died."

Don't feel sad that Star Wars is dying-- feel relieved.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, the postmodernists who are soy wars need to die.
SW needs to be made by real fans

That's so on point that it's sad that it will be lost in the obscure archives of Mongolian rock trading forum

You liked Star Wars in spite of Lucas' involvement, not because of it. As soon as he started having majority creative control in Return of the Jedi, the series began to suffer

Also, TLJ is not telling you Star Wars should die. That's the brainlet interpretation of what it was trying to say.

>You liked Star Wars in spite of Lucas' involvement, not because of it. As soon as he started having majority creative control in Return of the Jedi, the series began to suffer

Without Lucas, Star Wars would never have worked. He was the biggest gear in that machine and I think Disney has proven pretty well that without Lucas they have nothing. The series' quality suffered when Lucas had no one to reign him in but it was still Star Wars.

What Disney has made is a corporate abomination, which is worse than anything Lucas did. Even on his own with unlimited funding and no supervision Lucas still made better movies than The Last Jedi.

the prequels are fucking trash from the basic fundamentals of filmmaking. You're just crying about le evul disney jews ruining muh sekrit star wars klub with feminism.

You may disagree with the direction they took with the story in the sequel trilogy, but they are actually well made+shot films. The prequels are not. They are abominations, and you just pretend to like them because you were a child when they came out.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM

The back wall looks like a fucking N64 game.

Great post

The Star Wars prequels are poorly directed films that tell an interesting story and have some incredible fantasy ideas in them.

The new trilogy is competently directed but the scripts are utter trash, especially The Last Jedi, and they are visually unimaginative and stale.

>visually unimaginative

The Last Jedi is the best shot movie in the series second only to Empire you fucking pleb

and the prequels story is fucking trash. DUDE THEY EXPLAINED SPACE TAXES AND THAT THE REPUBLIC HAD A SENATE HURRR SO DEEP I WON'T LET YOU DIE IN CHILDBIRTH PADME BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE SAND DURRR

What's amazing is that the room and everything in it is a real life set and only the window is greenscreen

It needed to die with Return of the Jedi user, everything else in the series is terrible. Everything.
But it won't die. Because people are so attached to SW, because they don't care if it's bad as long as it brings more lightsaber and empire vs rebels action. Because everyone elses watches it and masturbates over its supposedly deep meaning or cool scenes. Because it's there.

On the other hand what COULD die are these pointless, retarded fucking reylo threads running Sup Forums general quality further into the ground.

Oh my, i can pretend a bunch of daisy clones are watching me as i masturbate.

she's so cute

>just display basic emotion but do it way over the top to the point where it's comical
How did she ever score a job is beyond me

She sucked the right jew's cock. That's how all actors land their roles.

Canto Brite looked like an episode of Doctor Who.

>but muh white + red version of the Hoth battle!

Even at its best point The Last Jedi was inferior to Empire Strikes Back, or any of the prequels for that matter. It copied The Battle of Hoth and made it boring by putting the Resistance in garbage speeders that had absolutely no chance against the First Order other than as human-piloted missiles. It made for a very 2-dimensional battle where you had a bunch of useless speeders driving around on the ground accomplishing nothing while a marching line of walkers stomped towards them, and lasers rained down from the sky. There was nothing to it other than "oh look it's salt instead of snow!" and the stupid red + white motif that appears everywhere in the movie (and marketing) but isn't actually important.

The only thing lucas didnt have as much involvement in was empire.
The other two were basically all him.

Only mistake he ever made was directing episodes 1,2,&3. He should have handed those off like he did 5 and 6.
But it was a personal passion project for him and i can fully appreciate that.

the original film had huge amounts of oversight from executives who wanted to protect their investment, and producers and additional screenwriters who filtered out george's retarded ideas

the only OT movie that's unfiltered George is RotJ, where he basically acted as a shadow director

That's a real set, the early digital cameras & bad post processing is what kills it

He really should have shot 2 & 3 on Film