The War of Jokes and Riddles

Anyone else rooting for the Joker?

I'm rooting for an arc that doesn't have such a fucking terrible name

Yup.
I wish I could be rooting for Riddler instead

i kind of just want to know if he'll marry catwoman or not. what's this got to do with his proposal and honestly if she says no then this is a massive waste of time. they need to be married already.

I'm rooting for an arc that isn't one long pointless flashback

Rooting for an arc where one of the big villains is captured and summarily executed by the US army for killing more people than a plane crash, and when Batman whines about it Alfred smacks him upside the head and points out most people don't have bulletproof suits and perfect physiques when they try to survive the streets of Gotham.

Nah, that's fucking retarded.

That person won't be Joker though.

This could be unrelated...

>BATMAN: WHITE KNIGHT #1

>He’s been called a maniac, a killer and the “Clown Prince of Crime” but “white knight”? Never. Until now…

>Set in a world where the Joker is cured of his insanity and homicidal tendencies, The Joker, now known as “Jack,” sets about trying to right his wrongs. First he plans to reconcile with Harley Quinn, and then he’ll try to save the city from the one person who he thinks is truly Gotham City’s greatest villain: Batman!

...and here's some art for the october release of the said mini-series

I am rooting for this unbelievably shitty idea to run its course and be forgotten as soon as humanly possible.

WOJAR is a great name

Yes please.

Or Bruce just turns on the news and the first thing he hears is a news bulletin how the Joker got shot by a random junkie.

I just want his smile to come back. A frowning Joker is just somehow disturbing on a different level than the usual.

>All those Batmobiles.

I'm a sucker for that shit. This isn't the first time it's been done, it won't be the last. But it never fails to put a smile on my face.

That's the point.

Not even a random junkie.
Because then Bruce would have some kind of justification to go bring the junkie to "Justice"

No. It would be better if it were a cop. Some rookie from Metropolis who has no idea how things "Work" in Gotham and exercise his right as an officer to open fire on a dangerous terrorist in order to save the lives of others.

I know, but it is really quite disconcerting. The effect is too good.

I'm just waiting for the Dark Prince Charming to come out for some glorious Marini art.

>Batman stages a dinner so he can get a closer look at Joker and Riddler
>causes innocent people to die

You know, I never really took Batman as a "loss of human life is acceptable as long as its for the greater good" kinda guy.

He isn't. Look at his face when the Joker mentions his hostages. He'll find a bar-plan to make all this work.

Punisher/Jason/anyone pragmatic would have put a bomb under the fucking floor big enough to level Wayne Manor and vaporize anyone in a hundred feet. Installed a trapdoor under his own chair to the Batcave or some bullshit. You erase the men in that room and Gotham becomes 70% safer instantly.

>It would be better if it were a cop

It should always have been a cop.
>Joker loses to Batman for, like, the third time
>Is arrested, in custody
>A cop just draws his gun and blows his brains out
>And accepts any consequences

>Is sent to jail for the minimum statutory time
>Even the criminals are like "Eh, leave him alone, he killed the Joker"

I can't stand it that someone is actually getting something out of this idiotic story. Oh well.

its only on my pull list for the ballad of kiteman

>Look at his face when the Joker mentions his hostages.

What about it? It's the same exact face he makes throughout the entire issue.

>I Really should have seen this coming.jpg

I think I hate brooding Joker as much as I hate Edgy Joker. Why can't we just get back to Fun Joker? We haven't seen that guy since his cameo in Paul Cornell's Action comics run.

I love Murphy's art and I'm hype for a new Elseworlds mini

holy shit that nightwing costume

The only good joker is the funny joker, not the edgy one.

What I dislike about the Joker is that he pretends he's about fun and chaos when he really just hurts, kills and scares people.

A better Joker would rob a bank, cover all the money in very powerful itching or sneezing powder and throw the money out of a helicopter. Then laugh while a bunch of suddenly rich citizens scratch themselves bleeding or sneeze until they have to go to the hospital.

Today's Joker is basically just a nihilistic mass-murderer with a shtick that is compelled to make Batman kill him to prove a point or whatever.

I like the idea that Joker started off as the "Prince of Pranksters" who committed robberies and other crimes for the sake of fun with his first sidekick Gaggy but got more and more psychotic and cynical until becoming the truly psychotic edgy Joker we know today.

That one story in Gotham City Sirens made me love this idea and I wish we could've gotten more out of Gaggy, they could've gone places with the idea of Joker's true descent into madness from Gaggy's point of view.

As long as Joker is gay its okay right?

plasse erase yourself from existence

Remind me again which villains sided with Joker and which ones sided with Riddler? I remember thinking that several of them should be switched and a few others shouldn't even be there...

Funny and edgy or just funny. Edgy and unfunny joker doesn't work.

>end of the issue Batman says he had to pick someone to side with
It's going to be the fucking Joker isn't it

Well he doesn't want to deal with a pissed off boyfriend in the morning so of course he's going to choose Joker.

I wish the Joker wasn't a mass murderer. I think him being a killer was a mistake.

Didn't the Joker kill people in his first appearance?

But, yeah, making death and destruction the entire point wrecked his character. He's a lunatic obsessed with jokes -- he can be dangerous without being reprehensible.

But it's as hard to write a funny crime as it is to write a clever one, so the Joker and the Riddler end up being written as disgusting killers.

>Didn't the Joker kill people in his first appearance?
Yes. Out of his first 10 appearances he only had one where he didn't kill. But muhh BTAS.

Remember when the Riddler used to be actually mentally ill and didn't actually want to commit crimes let alone leave riddles that foil those crimes?

And then he got better and went straight?

And then he met his daughter?

And then he got worse again and beat his daughter to death?

And then he was Joker-lite ever since?

>Remember when the Riddler used to be actually mentally ill and didn't actually want to commit crimes
No I don't, maybe because I actually read comics.

>Remember when the Riddler used to be actually mentally ill and didn't actually want to commit crimes let alone leave riddles that foil those crimes?
That's not even close to who the riddler is.

The Secret Identity sequel about Batman is also finally coming out.

While im not sold on the political overtones suggested in the interviews, im liking the 'retro' style it has.

Ive read some issues of this.
Can someone remind me why the joker isnt smiling anymore? What happened?
Also,is this a prequel? Because of the Kite Man chapter,it looks like it.
Its like,batman proposes to catwoman and then FLASHBACK ARC

Thats cool. Heroic joker is great material for AUS. I always wanted a universe where the bat family is the villains and the Rouge gallery the heroes. This isnt that but,close enough.

^This.
Shit taste. This whole premise is way too on the nose. It's like how a five year old would write Batman stories.
>And then Jokesman decides he HATES Riddlesman because jokes are better than riddles!

>That's not even close to who the riddler is.
Who is the Riddler?

I have read this issue few days ago and I admit that I actually enjoyed it.

Murphy has confirmed that it's not political; and it's just websites being clickbait-y.

>Where did they all go?

Currently a bunch of them are teaching at Gotham Academy.

>who is the riddler?
He's not who Neil Gaiman thinks he is that's for damn sure. The Riddler is not some punk ass eccentric who just wants to have fun you guys, he is a criminal mastermind.

It's a prequel.

They all are. Masters of timing, logistics and organization.
The Penguin, Two-Face, the Riddler, the Joker, Bane, are all geniuses when it comes to strategy and planning.

It's about their specific flaw and motivation. Penguin does it to sate his hatred of human beings and desire to conquer, control and exploit, like an angrier version of the Kingpin.
Two-Face... actually, I am not sure. To make a point?
The Joker does it for fun.
And the Riddler... I think he might be the smartest one of the bunch, and he has a sickly need to demonstrate it.

Which, I guess, served as the inspiration for this pointless trainwreck.

>Two-Face... actually, I am not sure. To make a point?
Two-Face because it's the "other side" of his previous work as a City Attorney

i still want a story where Joker teams-up with a Joker from a different Earth... just for thwe other Joker betray him because he was just NOT FUNNY and then proceed to outwit Batman with a city-wide prank that COULD have been dangerous but wasn't. Because it's more FUNNY that way.

>what's this got to do with his proposal and honestly
You don't understand King's GENIUS? Bruce HAD to explain this stuff to Selina before she gave an answer. You know cuz like even though she was there and lived through it and could piece together what Batman/Bruce was doing, he needed to tell her about it like it was a big dramatic secret.
Because of course that's what an alpha like Bruce Wayne would do. He'd turn into a 20yo scardy and tell his new gf about some ridiculous nonsense from the past that he's ashamed of for no reason.

At this point I'm rooting for Killer Moth to show up and take it all.

For FIVE DAYS

This is now a killer moth thread.

Post your Killer moths.

Bruce won't care, the point of the code is that the law decides the fate of criminals, not him. It's not his fault that writers refuse to let any of his rogues actually face criminal consequences outside of revolving door prisons

The Montage of Jokes and Riddles

The Ornate Structured Nine-Course Meal of Formalism without Content

The Unbelievably Pretentious Waltz of Deadshot and Deathstroke

Cute moth

I'm rooting for an arc where King isn't phoning it in.

God one of you "why doesn't he kill the joker" guys finally got a book.

Fucking hell you can't keep breaking keyfabe.

I'm rooting for an arc where Riddler is not a boring edgelord

>Dark Prince Charming
What is it?

Batgirl steals Roxies Rocket.
That monster.

I feel like colors are just going to make this look worse. I love everything about these panels

Modern coloring really diminishes the quality of most penciler's linework. I hope its flat colors

Bruce wouldn't buy it. He'd think it was a giant plan of the Joker to trick him and it would drive him mad not knowing if it was deliberate or not, now THAT's a joke

I'm not trying to sound like a pseudo weeb but those pages show fantastic use of white and black space and have tons of action drawn thats very easy to read.

>Is sent to jail for the minimum statutory time
>Even the criminals are like "Eh, leave him alone, he killed the Joker"
So basically Kingdom Come but with a cop instead of a anti-hero?

So it's Oberon Sexton but without the mask?

Oberon Sexton wasn't a real hero, he killed all the victims of the murders he was pretending to investigate. This story is about Joker actually becoming a regular guy who's trying to better his community.

I'm rooting for this terrible story arc to be over.

You'd think that a police force known for having a huge amount of corruption would have them killing more criminals.

Cops in RL will draw down on you at the drop of a hat.

Thing is, a cop is allowed and supposed to do that. As opposed to a vigilante.

Yes... but the Joker is white.

Like, REALLY white.

Magog was acquitted, he did nothing wrong.

...But he did. He killed someone who was already in custody and not resisting.

Court of law found him not guilty.

Only one man deserves the honor of killing The Joker.

If he ever gets an "official" death in the main universe, it ought to be dealt out by some random nobody that laughing faggot pushed too hard.

So, how did they reach that conclusion?

Or a guy whose power is maiking people said. A fat clown in a stained raincoat who brings out your most heartfelt grief.
Stabs the Joker to death like Pagliacci.

>Or a guy whose power is making people sad
So, the Weeper then? I think he was even a Pagliacci-esque clown in the circus before he turned evil too, if I'm not mistaken.

>>And then Jokesman decides he HATES Riddlesman because jokes are better than riddles!
That has nothing to do with the premise, what the fuck are you talking about?

>reports were saying that he is a sjw now
>Calls himself a "White Knight"
This was intentional right?

I am rooting for King's shitty run to be over.

I have convinced myself that King isn't writing this arc. That it's actually Janin.

What's even the point of having the entire rouge's gallery becoming Joker and Riddler's henchmen? It's out of character for them and it has no purpose in the story. The exact same story could have been told that Joker and Riddler have a gang war using their usual henchmen that stalemates and leaves a shit ton of civilian casualties.

It's neat that we have a really good Joker story, as we haven't had one of those in a while.

Killing the Joker is fucking difficult.

They're not henchmen at all though, except for Penguin. That scene with Poison Ivy shows that the Riddler is manipulating all his supervillains to his side while Joker's side is filled psychos and rejects.

But this Joker is funny.
This is the funniest the Joker has been in years, and all they had to do was destroy Riddler's character for it to happen

Oh hey someone screencapped my posts.

On Joker's team we have
>Mr.Freeze
>Mad Hatter
>Grundy
>Man-Bat
>The Ventriloquist
>Deadshot
>Cluemaster
>Oswald Cobblepot (who by this point was just Falcone's umbrella boy and not actually the Penguin)

On Riddler's team we have
>Poison Ivy
>Scarecrow
>Croc
>Firefly
>Clayface
>Two-Face
>Deathstroke
>Zsasz

In what way are they not henchmen? Riddler literally has them wearing his insignia, protecting him, and spouting off Riddles on his command.